• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 17:50

The Balanced buffs are basically never used. Just about their only use is for 9-piece sets because there are (almost?) no other instances of a complete setup using items of only one level.

Not that a useless buff is necessarily a problem, but I would like to see it become useful. I see some ways of doing this:

• a very large buff to the stat increase, enough to put a 9-piece set somewhat near a different normal setup (would have to account for Keen Edge, Smashing Hammer, Shield Wall, and Armor Boost being less effective)
  • a change to have the Balanced buffs activate if all worn items are within a certain number of levels of each other. This would probably have to be a ratio rather than an absolute number because a 100-level gap in items worn is quite common at EoC but almost never happens at the lowest levels. One possibility is to take the ratio of the highest level worn to the lowest, and have the Balanced buffs work if that ratio is less than or equal to a certain amount. Technically that's the way the buffs work now, except that that ratio is 1. A ratio of 1.05 would allow a level 1900 player to have a 90-level gap (1900/1.05 = 1809.5, would round up to 1810), while a level 50 player could only equip down to level 48 (50/1.05 = 47.62, rounds up to 48). This might appear to favor high-leveled players more, though.

A more radical departure could be to remake the buffs into Balanced Finesse (ATK and DEF) and Balanced Power (ARM and DMG). Balanced Finesse would give a boost to ATK and DEF if those two values are within 10% of each other, while Balanced Power does the same for ARM and DMG. This promotes the use of "balanced" setups that favor two stats equally. These calculations would be done based on stats seen in your profile so you can fine-tune them.

Either way, since these buffs are useless now, I don't see any harm in moving them up the skill tree were they ever to become more useful. It's hard enough to come up with new buffs every 200 levels, why not re-use the (admittedly awesome) graphics and also not worry about having to come up with more buffs? Two birds with one stone!

Aside: who would be in favor of having ALL stat additions and transfers being taken into account on the Profile page? I mean buffs like NMV, Constitution, etc. We would probably need two separate values for DMG: one without DD (for PvP) and one with (for PvE). It would take current kill streak into account. With a zero kill streak, or DD not active, the two numbers would be the same.

#2 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 18:52

I agree with you. Even the SK set can't profit from this buff, as each piece of it is a different level.

#3 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:59

I would like the change of:

Balanced buffs:

+x% of bonus (att/dam) or (def/arm) for EACH set equipped with the same lvl.

Like Celestial Chomper, Naamahs and Skull Carvers (def).

Or something like a range, 50 lvls, 100 lvls, I don't know exactly...

#4 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:33

I would like the change of:

Balanced buffs:

+x% of bonus (att/dam) or (def/arm) for EACH set equipped with the same lvl.

Like Celestial Chomper, Naamahs and Skull Carvers (def).

Or something like a range, 50 lvls, 100 lvls, I don't know exactly...

Doing this for each set of the same level is just a partial duplicate of smashing hammer and keen edge

An alternative might be to let it kick in when a minimum number of items are of the same level (say, 4 or 5), or give a boost for every item above that minimum that is of the same level. This way it would create an alternative to coordinated attack/defense, and make it worth considering using non-set items again.

Edited by rowbeth, 01 February 2014 - 09:35.

#5 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 18:09

The 9 piece sets do not have good stats to work with - Leikmer (sp?) was neutered and 9 pieces tend to have low defense. Also, the few I looked at - except Reborn Leaf - had low damage.

The levels that are multiples of 50 tend to have good gear up to level 200. Level 100 with the epics is great. Levels 20 and 390 have gear.

Look at players over 500, none seem to have gear within  a 50 level range.

Bal Def  at 1000 and Bal Att at 1400, I would move them to 200 level, where they could do some good. Put alternatives in at 1000 and 1400. 

#6 pKone

pKone

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 20:03

The way I read the buff "+0.05% per point added to Attack and Damage if every piece of equipped gear is the same level" applies to more than just 9-piece sets.

For example if your Gear is:

Level 400- Ammit Hide Shield and Dagger of Ammit (Complete Set)

Level 400- Guantlets of Misfortune and Armour of Misfortune (Complete Set)

Level 400- Maximus Boots of Glory and Maximus Helm of Honor (Incomplete Set)

Level 400- Argus Eye Amulet and Argus Eye Rune (Incomplete Set)

Level 400-  Xmas Scream Ring (Random Common Ring)

Then you would benefit from the Specifics of the buff :)

I chose that level and that gear at random... not due to any awesome synergy.

If I have understood the nature of the buff correctly, then there is still potential to work this buff well :)

#7 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:54

I also like to suggest something like:

+0,x% bonus if all 9 pieces of gear is legendary.

(Same for SE, Cryst and Unique)

Maybe even something like:
50% bonus on damage, armor, def and attack if all your equiped gear is Epic - 1000 minutes

#8 iTzBiLL

iTzBiLL

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 14:19

these two buffs are definitely broken and need a fix.... well get in line

BiLL2.png

#9 Thriceborn

Thriceborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 14:55

If I have understood the nature of the buff correctly, then there is still potential to work this buff well :)

The problem is that the Coordinated buffs are the same as the Balanced buffs (benefit, stam, duration), but are much easier to work with. You can basically just worry about wearing three or four sets for Smashing Hammer and Keen Edge and pick the best set items for any leftover slots. Compounding this, the good sets seem to be spread more and more thinly as levels increase. Already the best hunting sets for me are typically at least 50 levels apart, and sometimes over 100.

If they're only meant to do exactly what they do now, they could use some tweaking. Bigger bonus (maybe not a good idea), allow some range of gear, something. If they're meant to promote the use of larger sets, a bonus based on the size of your largest equipped set seems like the best way to do it.

#10 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 06 February 2014 - 21:27

Am I the only one seeing the acronym here?

B  A  D

a  t  e

l  t  f

a  a  e

n  c  n

c  k  s

e     e

d

lol - just an observation...

#11 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:05

I am all for making these buffs more usefull in whatever way.

#12 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 February 2014 - 18:58

make it so that if the last 2 numbers of the level match we get the bonus?

so 2 level 1999 items

4 level 1799 items

1 level 99 item

2 level 1699 items?

and at lower levels just the last number so level 99 and below?

this already is rather hard to achieve but a bit more doable

would not know a way of improving this buff without messing up the original idea wich is rather cool

Edited by cripler, 08 February 2014 - 18:59.

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#13 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:43

These buffs could be useful if it was based on the item rarity.  IE all epic, legendary and so on.

#14 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:01

These buffs could be useful if it was based on the item rarity.  IE all epic, legendary and so on.

This minor adjustment has true potential and seems the easiest way to make this buff have more application.  

Definitely intriguing to think of a buff that would actually have a real and positive affect on a full-out Epic Offline Set, could add a nice interesting challenge to the game.  Used to do a LOT of GvG's in the past and while it was a piece of cake to hit a player all in epics, it was also a snooze - same thing when they're on the BB, so having a buff that truly makes it a bit of a challenge potentially to hit that player sounds fun.  

Edited by BraveKath, 09 February 2014 - 02:02.

#15 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 February 2014 - 22:34

would be kinda op since there's a lot of legendary only hunting setups wich would make it rather easy to go hunting

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#16 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:04

The problem is that the Coordinated buffs are the same as the Balanced buffs (benefit, stam, duration), but are much easier to work with. You can basically just worry about wearing three or four sets for Smashing Hammer and Keen Edge and pick the best set items for any leftover slots. 

The original idea behind the Coordinated buffs is that each piece of equipped gear would have to be part of a COMPLETE set, meaning that if you had four two-piece sets, you would have to leave the 9th slot empty. It would give more utility to 3-piece sets basically.

The Cows' interpretation to allow set items that were not part of complete equipped sets is what compressed the gear market; items like Boots of Pelacroz that were part of max DMG setups no longer were worthwhile due to them breaking the Coordinated bonus.

It's unfortunate that common items now are basically only good for frags and arena. I had suggested a level 1600 buff that would give a large bonus if all worn items were common, but it didn't go anywhere. The bonus would have to be huge to compete with current 4-set rigs.

#17 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 18:46

There is not that many levels after 500 with desirable item combinations to make buff practical. Actions-Find Player search for 500+ level players shows this. Complaint is not with Coord or Complete Sets buffs but with balanced. Select levels above 500 need more desirable gear to fill slots to make Balance work. Hopefully, the cow plan is to do this eventually  but mentioning the current situation could not hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: