Photo

PvP and group events

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#1 Bamboozler

Bamboozler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:41

Hey guys,

I know that the population on Eldevin can sometimes be slim making it hard to find a group for dungeons, arenas, PvP or world bosses. My question is - is there a time/day when group activity is generally more active? For example if I were to log in on a Sunday would it be easier to find groups?

If not would it be worth voting on a day where active players would log in with the intention of doing this? An example would be making a PvP Thursday community event. Or is the population just not there?

Looking forward to the discussion  :)

cXeKQxE.png

#2 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:10

PvP is dead. Just held up by couple raggers going around trapper's atoll talking uglies to each other.

and unless u have permanent team with u, just stick with spamming global chat 24/7 for team, or u will not get your dailies/weeklies done. Part of the game to not get groups for anything. There's developer post somewhere where they explain they prefer to tone down game population so it will become waiting simulator.

Welcome to Eldevin. :)

BUYING ALL EP 6G/ea. Huge amounts of gold. Also buying all high level gear, gems and rares with gold. Will not run out of gold so your offer is always priority. Buying everything.

Head to: https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75969For more information!

-Gold Mine team.

#3 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 19:10

PvP is dead. Just held up by couple raggers going around trapper's atoll talking uglies to each other.

and unless u have permanent team with u, just stick with spamming global chat 24/7 for team, or u will not get your dailies/weeklies done. Part of the game to not get groups for anything. There's developer post somewhere where they explain they prefer to tone down game population so it will become waiting simulator.

Welcome to Eldevin. :)

Really sick of the retired players who want to stick around on the forums and help the game be more dead.

#4 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 19:59

Hey guys,

I know that the population on Eldevin can sometimes be slim making it hard to find a group for dungeons, arenas, PvP or world bosses. My question is - is there a time/day when group activity is generally more active? For example if I were to log in on a Sunday would it be easier to find groups?

If not would it be worth voting on a day where active players would log in with the intention of doing this? An example would be making a PvP Thursday community event. Or is the population just not there?

As for days that are more active, it varies from day to day and it would be that accurate (in the current state of the game) to say more people play on one day of the week more than others. There is a daily fluctuation of players online. Being in the central usa, I find that there is a peak in the middle of the day, usually with more players on the EU server, and then there is a larger peak late in the evening with most of the players being on the US server. There is also a seasonal change. Game activity rises around the event times and also during the summer.

As for setting up a day or time for certain activities, it is hard to do with everyone having different schedules. However, there are weekly quests which reset on Saturday. World boss runs sometimes happen right after reset (8 am CST time) and finding groups for the arena weekly (only lvl 10 required) is easiest on Saturdays.

There are players who have trouble getting runs but there are also players who can get many runs in a day. There is more group activity going on at later levels.  For new players it can be hard to get runs and usually when you do, its more of a "let the high level kill everything" than it is a group effort.

There are many factors to getting runs. If you meet all the criteria, getting runs is easy. For players who have trouble getting runs, it is because they meet few of the criteria.

How well you fill your role - This includes build, gear, and player ability. If you are willing to learn to play your role better and build your character better, help is out there.  You only need to ask. (Some advice is better than other advice so make sure to evaluate the source.) I understand that how someone builds there character is a personal choice, however, it is frustrating to not be able to complete a dungeon or to struggle to complete one for the reason that players in the group do not play their role to the fullest because they are not open to learning.

If you have multiple characters and can fill different roles, that will help your chances at getting runs.

Being friendly - Be courteous, don't put others down, don't be afraid to talk. When looting while grouped with other players, it is standard to press need on gear items (not gems) that are for your class exclusively (not things that everyone uses) if they are better than what you have equipped and for all other loot you can greed or pass if you do not want it.

Being prepared - There is a lot here.

It really helps if everyone in the group buffs up. This means using a food, an elixir, a draft and meditating at an obelisk. For players who do not have the skill to craft, there are other players who sell foods, elixers, and drafts; just ask in world chat. Do not make it a habit or common occurrence to ask other players to give or lend you buffs.

Also, make sure your gear is repaired enough to not break during the run.

Do not make it a habit or common occurrence to leave in the middle of a run or make the group wait on you. Life happens, once in a while is fine. Just not all the time. If you know you have to afk for a while before going on a run, say so before agreeing to go on the run and tell them to check back with you if they don't find anyone else.

Connection issues also play a part. People understand that it can't be helped, however, that doesn't mean they want to wait. If you think it is likely you will dc on a run, let the asker know upfront before agreeing to join. You can offer to go if they do not find anyone else.

Players who are always afk or never respond when asked are less likely to be asked again. Always being available when asked will make it more likely that you are asked again.

Showing initiative - This is a big one. Showing interest in running on world chat or letting someone know you are available for runs can help. However, it is the players who organize and make the groups that get the most runs. It helps to put groups together if you can and are willing to fill different roles to make sure the group has what it needs.

Edited by Elrog, 06 December 2017 - 01:06.

#5 Kjellig

Kjellig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 20:20

Hey guys,

Hey buddy!

In regards to this kind of stuff I recommend joining one of the top 3 PVE guilds on my guild leaderboard on the general discussion of the forum, guilds are a great source of knowledge, dungeon runs and general assistance.

And about PvP I suggest getting your gear stronger and building a full 49 set before starting PvP, or possibly making your first character a PvE Character and the second character a pvp character so that people are still interested in taking you in dungeon runs which are great for gems (also something very important).

if you need any help ask me in-game when I'm online and I'll try do a dungeon with you :)

#6 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 22:31

someone needs to host another PVP tournament

#7 Ravanous

Ravanous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:49

And if someone did would you actually show up?  :)

#8 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:04

ha

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#9 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 17:25

And if someone did would you actually show up?  :)

no, but I'd watch

#10 Ravanous

Ravanous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 17:30

no, but I'd watch

Aw that is sad  :(

#11 PanDaLV

PanDaLV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 20:08

no, but I'd watch

Duck!

Message me, if intrested in gems  :D 

#12 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 16:00

Really sick of the retired players who want to stick around on the forums and help the game be more dead.

Just lurking for that new lvl 50 content to ever come out or statement on duped gold. Also curious about if they ever gonna sell game to other company that wants something done or they just let it die and take space on servers.

BUYING ALL EP 6G/ea. Huge amounts of gold. Also buying all high level gear, gems and rares with gold. Will not run out of gold so your offer is always priority. Buying everything.

Head to: https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75969For more information!

-Gold Mine team.

#13 Ravanous

Ravanous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 17:03

Also curious about if they ever gonna sell game to other company that wants something done or they just let it die and take space on servers.

I would love to know this as well...

#14 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 19:01

they ever gonna sell game to other company that wants something done or they just let it die and take space on servers.

No and Yes. Just look at Sigmastorm on the Hunted Cow Website, its averages maybe 2 players a day and its still there.  <_<

R.I.P Ichiko my beautiful, sweet rabbit  :(

#15 Ravanous

Ravanous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 00:44

Hunted cow... Just really guys? I would love to meet them all  :rolleyes:

#16 Kjellig

Kjellig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 21:30

Id like some new classes to be introduced, possibly a summoner class, like i discussed with Tazz.

You see a summoner in Vault and its a class which could have some potential such as hybrid classes, Sumproph

and having such abilities as the crab, Viridian in To3, when he summons his minion he is protected but cannot attack until his minion is dead.

I think a talent tree to this would be interesting, which can add new summons, improve summon abilities and strengths and if combined with proph can be used to heal the summons that you spawn.

#17 Ravanous

Ravanous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 22:56

Id like some new classes to be introduced, possibly a summoner class, like i discussed with Tazz.

You see a summoner in Vault and its a class which could have some potential such as hybrid classes, Sumproph

and having such abilities as the crab, Viridian in To3, when he summons his minion he is protected but cannot attack until his minion is dead.

I think a talent tree to this would be interesting, which can add new summons, improve summon abilities and strengths and if combined with proph can be used to heal the summons that you spawn.

This is a really neat idea, but it needs work because it could potentially brake the game as far as being powerful :P.

But here is the thing... Hunted cow as stated several times they have no intention of updating the game because it "never gained the amount of players needed to support it" or something like that. I dont know how to advertise the game to get new players to come. youtube has been tried before by several different players and that has not worked. 

Im always trying to think of something, but nothing has to come to this brain as of yet  ;)  

#18 Kjellig

Kjellig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 13:37

This is a really neat idea, but it needs work because it could potentially brake the game as far as being powerful :P.

But here is the thing... Hunted cow as stated several times they have no intention of updating the game because it "never gained the amount of players needed to support it" or something like that. I dont know how to advertise the game to get new players to come. youtube has been tried before by several different players and that has not worked. 

Im always trying to think of something, but nothing has to come to this brain as of yet  ;)  

It wouldnt be too overpowered, because your base attacks wouldnt be good, you'd be relying on your summons to do the fighting, it would be good for anti-PK but you wouldnt be able to kill very well, all you need to do to kill the spawn would be to despair who's healing it.

I think it could have just as much potential as any other class, i might try to design a talent tree for it and offer it to HC staff.

#19 Ravanous

Ravanous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 16:24

It wouldnt be too overpowered, because your base attacks wouldnt be good, you'd be relying on your summons to do the fighting, it would be good for anti-PK but you wouldnt be able to kill very well, all you need to do to kill the spawn would be to despair who's healing it.

I think it could have just as much potential as any other class, i might try to design a talent tree for it and offer it to HC staff.

Sounds like an awesome idea. I do not know exactly how you would put together the talent tree, but it is definitely worth trying.  

#20 Kjellig

Kjellig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 14:49

So far established talent tree:

http://prntscr.com/hljlu2

Wrath of Treya:

Spell haste increased by 1/2/3% by each piece of light armor equipped

Blood of the Righteous:

Defense is increased 5/10% whilst a summon is present

Dark Sorcery:

Increases spell critical hit chance by 3/6%

Conjuration:

Increases summon's attack power by 5/10%

Plagued Rebirth:

Summon a plagued soldier (5 min cooldown)

Rally the undead:

Increase plagued health by 25/50/100% 

Mystic Defense:

Creates a defensive magical shield around you for 60 seconds while a summon is active, absorbs 30% of damage recieved

Sacrilege:

Summon 1/2 more plagued soliders 

Blood Feast: 

Each hit from a summon restores 1/2% of the casters mana and 0.5/1% of the casters health

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: