#1 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 May 2014 - 15:26

As people may know,there are a lot of us who buy extra character slots and raise our characters up to the highest lvls capable. There is a big problem with the current flake requirements to the game that are very painful to see the cost of. Freedom is Eliminated and the current price of flakes will just continue to rise with the current requirement. You are forced to either cap all skills for dailies or pay for the flakes in the game. (dungeon running for flakes is not to be mentioned as only the lucky few can continue to get them,In my hundreds of tr+BT runs...I've got maybe 6 total flakes rest i've bought for ep or sacks..

So here is a example really...of a player we know who has 6 lvl 45 characters and the cost or time basically applied for said flakes needed. labeling each char with sd(x)
sd1-5+8+10+80+10=113            340-360 hours DT                   
sd2-5+8+10+80+10=113            340-360 hours DT             
sd3-5+8+10+80+10=113            340-360 hours DT
sd4-5+8+8+10+80+10+10=131  370-390 hours DT
sd5-5+8+8+10+80+10+10=131  370-390 hours DT
sd6-5+8+10+80+10=113             340-360 hours DT                  

Total:714 flakes. runs...if possible at minimum 714,if purchasing that is close to $357, if doing dailies that's over 2-3 months.

When looking at this...it is basically a punishment for spending money to buy more character slots.

No this isn't a p2w process,but the pay for convenience issue with this....is way out there even stretched more then the relic difference between non subs and subs.

I will need roughly 400 flakes as of next week and tons of remnants...it will cost me over $400 for my relics and remnants. For Sd it will cost him roughly...$600-$700, the price we pay to play a different way then others, a Slight reduction to these flake requirements and remnants requirements would be a life saver. Maybe 15 flakes per piece? and 30 remnants each or even 35(helms and weps)?

Edited by HuMoR, 12 May 2014 - 16:55.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#2 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2014 - 15:57

Something I've also noticed is that the flake and remnant requirements for a one handed weapon is the same as a two handed weapon, meaning you have to pay twice as much to get the same amount of damage. 

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#3 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 May 2014 - 15:58

yup,i put that into the math above too. if you did 16 chars....at min it would really cost you roughly 1700-1800 flakes.(over $2000 in flakes and remnants.)

Edited by HuMoR, 11 May 2014 - 16:12.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#4 Narciss

Narciss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 18:15

Something I've also noticed is that the flake and remnant requirements for a one handed weapon is the same as a two handed weapon, meaning you have to pay twice as much to get the same amount of damage. 

+1

#5 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 May 2014 - 16:54

UPD

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#6 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 May 2014 - 17:00

lol first time i've seen this post. thanks for using my name. :)  sd1, sd2 and sd3 are very proud to here you say there names. lol

and i don't get runs on the lvl 45 dungeons so make that time longer to get flakes and rems. :(

Edited by sdcrichy, 12 May 2014 - 17:02.

#7 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 May 2014 - 17:02

Yeah,just used you as a example as you have the most of capped characters so showing how extreme the cost is of making alts.

That time above is purely based off of the average current dungeon times,not the overall time in between runs and finding groups etc..basically could be doubled or even tripled in reality.

Edited by HuMoR, 12 May 2014 - 17:16.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#8 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 17:19

If I remember right, when I duoed Boondocks we got 10 lesser flakes on 15 runs. I know we got luck, but when I later helped some new players with Boondocks we got a lesser flake on the first run and we only did 2 runs. IMO the drop rate of lesser flakes on Boondocks is high. Is Boondocks lesser flake drop rate as high as the other dungeons'? or why doesn't I feel a lack on flakes? Because I'm lvl 19 and have got 10 flakes?

Edited by EJK, 12 May 2014 - 17:25.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#9 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 May 2014 - 17:24

there are different flakes,lesser flakes,normal ele flakes and greaters,the med flakes don't drop till lvl 40 and are rarer drops now when you do rg/bt you get 1 normal flake maybe every 20 runs or so...if lucky. so tr really is your only option on a chance of grinding flakes and even then the rate is low like 1/6 runs so you get very little flakes. and once you hit lvl 45...you need a hundred of these flakes. so you will look at weeks-months just attempting to get those flakes that way,isn't viable tbh. You are pretty much forced to buy all the flakes or spend months being force to lvl all your skills to get the flakes for dailies.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#10 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 12 May 2014 - 23:19

As of right now 3 a day with daily's alone, 3 month's of daily get flake's = almost no run of DGN of TR or any lvl 45 DGN for most part as is, Pain of get these bad as well 2 toon lvl, 6 month's of daily's To long to get these flake's - cap all skill take's to long or basicly have to buy them from people materail tolvl them all up, justed get to aroudn 300 artis = 6 a day - buy alt skill's so get 12 a day, issue lvling all those skill just get Elemntal flake's need for gear love if Elemntal flake had higher drop rate.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#11 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2014 - 23:55

Could put a guaranteed flake in final boss of the dungeons along with the remnant? I do not think that would be too OP. Then you would also get level 45 players in TR more often I guess.  :D

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#12 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 May 2014 - 00:02

Even then it wouldn't help out enough,as the more we go atm the less runs are happening. The current requirements of flakes are just too high,I can understand making a challenge but even if adding up for the current day and population...there are more people lvling alts and needing flakes then there are even doing dailies for ap for flakes and getting a bigger pop will just continue with that problem. not enough flakes coming into the game by how much are needed not even close.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#13 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:57

Issue supply is lower then what is able beprosduced in game in part doto imblance of curnt player base being to low to supply them and DGN keep very amount of supply's.

averge user doing Artis daily's 3 - 6 per day at most - Most like my sonly do them on 1 toon as take tomuch time lvl alt's skill's!

Month get 100 Elemntal Flake's, Even with DGN run's 1 in 2 hr's of DGN grinding 1 out of 5 people chance loot!

Mean's of supply lower then deman is requred.

Could put a guaranteed flake in final boss of the dungeons along with the remnant? I do not think that would be too OP. Then you would also get level 45 players in TR more often I guess.  :D

Like this idea help, With some of supply issue not greatly improve issue!

Over any thing could help obatin more flake's other then from Daily's Greate help forced do dailys just to be able get gear needed as there is limited mean get as drop.

Another idea is to add Flake's in genral to some loot table's vs only from last of DGN.

Lvl 41 Deserted Sir Cogain - Add Flake to loot table so might be worth kill after completed Quest.

Chance obtain Elemntale flake bye kill Sir Colagn!

Other Mobs around world add - update to there chance to loot table as welll.

Add - update arean reward's add flake's to last Chest - More might run Arena as option vs runing DGN.

ToC - Chest now have chance obtain Flake's

Other place could use fine tunning World boss now has chancd give Flake's!

Many other way add Flake's in loot table arund worlf vs limiting to Artis daily reward point's or running massive DGN chance for flake group of 5

Edited by redsmokeboy, 13 May 2014 - 06:06.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: