Skallagrime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 June 2005 - 17:23

Upon the task set before me I was forging slow, but steady progress

The Spring was almost over, the water loving flowers bloomed their last, upon a grove I came to contemplate...

...Teacher had said "Many a man will you meet, some weaker, some stronger, and the weaker may well outstrip the stronger, but should you come upon one that is stronger than yourself, For the Next Month YOU SHALL NOT back down, Though if it be an unequal match, Test yourself that you may see how the Gods Favor you..."

...Now I did I think on this, and rising from my contemplation I betook myself off to destroy more of the menacing Mortises I was upon pilgrimage to eradicate. Now, Lo there saw I a Stranger, silent she was, but I could tell this Lady to be a warrior of great reknown. Not until after I faced her did I learn her true identity and power (a full 312 Ranks above me, dear spirits in heaven, had I but known...)

Approaching the Stalwart, knowing that this was one of the stronger my teacher spoke to me of, though the full import of this I was hitherto unaware, I approached and spoke My intent 'The fates have given me the choice to deal ultimate damage with a chance to fail.'

The Shining one Stood Still, Silent and Glorious, afraid I was that She would strike me dead any second. Calmly soothing my mind and loosing my Axe, I pushed on '...I choose this over a weak attack that may only stun you...'

Placed I down my Effects and Prayed a prayer to my beloved that she may know that I still love her and may join her soon should the Gods will it, and now utterly at peace with all around me I gathered my returning courage and made my formal challenge while clanking my axe on my shield 'may the best person survive...'

My Proclimation of intent Spoken and my challenge uttered I Bowed my respect and brought mine axe down across her torso.

You thumped ______ for 566 points and killed them.

Unbeleiving I still was Alive, Untouched! Leaning across the dissipating corpse I saw that I had dismembered an ear and now chanced a travelling mendicant upon me holding that selfsame ear. He told me that I must keep the ear as not a trophy but a reminder that Today the Gods favored me, as he left, He told me that Mekare would understand and saluted me as I moved on in my long hunt for the mortises...

Under the Dark Trees still I hunt those assassins, and Though Today I went not to meet my Lady, tomorrow may be another story.

Mekare, Should You desire it, I offer this poor warrior's body as your protector in perpetuity, for as long as I live on, My lady must wait and it is not good for we who are on earth to live alone.

Contemplating on this, "Your heart longs for 'Mekare'. Only time will tell if the feeling is mutual..."

Egil - Warrior of the Flame,
Level 240, Rank 462

Thirster after Mekare - Royal Order of Darkness
Level 593, Rank 150

#2 Mekare

Mekare

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2005 - 00:13