Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:26

In this latest update we have been listening to your feedback and make the following improvements to the Buff Market:
  • We've removed the need to request and accept/decline when trying to purchase a buff package. Instead the seller can now set the amount of times they are willing to cast the package (max 100 at a time) then the buyer can now buy it and have it instantly applied. This solves the issue with players requesting buffs from multiple players only to have the same buffs applied by all of them due to some players not responding to the requests right away.

• We've increased the amount of search results shown from 5 to 10 for both the gold and Fallen Sword Point results.

• We've added a new 'Extras' section to the buff package listings which shows the current values for Fury Caster, Extend and Sustain on the seller so you can easily see any additional bonuses that will be applied to the buffs.

Important: You need to update your current Buff Packages to specify how many times you want to allow them to be bought before they are no longer shown. Note you can increase the amount of times they can be cast whenever you wish, however there is a maximum limit of 100. If you don't set an amount of casts that are allowed they will not be shows in the search results or featured section (if they are currently featured).

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:33

Sounds great. Thanks HCS!

#3 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:33

In this latest update we have been listening to your feedback and make the following improvements to the Buff Market:
  • We've removed the need to request and accept/decline when trying to purchase a buff package. Instead the seller can now set the amount of times they are willing to cast the package (max 100 at a time) then the buyer can now buy it and have it instantly applied. This solves the issue with players requesting buffs from multiple players only to have the same buffs applied by all of them due to some players not responding to the requests right away.

Important: You need to update your current Buff Packages to specify how many times you want to allow them to be bought before they are no longer shown. Note you can increase the amount of times they can be cast whenever you wish, however there is a maximum limit of 100. If you don't set an amount of casts that are allowed they will not be shows in the search results or featured section (if they are currently featured).

~ The Fallen Sword Team

I'm not a big fan of this automation. But I do think people are going to think twice about leaving their buff packages left on, if buyers have complete control over when buffs are cast.  From a practical point of view, I think this will make the FS Box / FS Shoutbox obsolete for advertising buffs. Why pay to advertise when you can simply list your buffs and buyers can pick what they want instantly.

When would that 100 times get reset? Is it lifetime or per week or what?

Edited by Windbattle, 30 January 2014 - 14:36.

#4 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:36

Disappointed with the automation. A compromise would have been better. People like to liken it to the auction house... so have it such that everyone has x number of slots to start and with upgrades, they could buy more... If I started the game today, I would have not become social at all as I would not have to communicate with anyone. oh well... :(

#5 fredrice

fredrice

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:37

if buff packages is now based on how many times it is available to be buffed, then are offline players will be able to sell their buffs too? is that the exploit now here? or is the 10minute afk still effective?

#6 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:37

Would suggest sending all players a message. Buff market a bit bare atm ,OP

#7 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:39

if buff packages is now based on how many times it is available to be buffed, then are offline players will be able to sell their buffs too? is that the exploit now here? or is the 10minute afk still effective?

You still need to be online for it to work :)

#8 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:40

i see a bug already, there is a player with 100% FC and 100% SUST and in the buff market its showing 80% and 25%.

#9 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:43

Disappointed with the automation. A compromise would have been better. People like to liken it to the auction house... so have it such that everyone has x number of slots to start and with upgrades, they could buy more... If I started the game today, I would have not become social at all as I would not have to communicate with anyone. oh well... :(

You'll probably still get a notice saying x had bought your buffs. What's to stop you from PMing them a thank you note, thus creating an opening for a conversation?

WarQueenSig1_zpsfe2b03d4.png

#10 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:43

i see a bug already, there is a player with 100% FC and 100% SUST and in the buff market its showing 80% and 25%.

Yeah, mine don't actually show at all...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#11 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:44

Checking this now.

#12 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:46

Grr!  Players should not be buff vending machines! :(

I thought when this automation was being discussed, it was said that we would have a choice as to if we wanted to set auto-buff or not, and there would be a low limit of auto-buffs cast.

Also, I seem to remember there would be a total stamina limit for auto-buff too, rather than a per-package limit.

#13 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Fixed :)

#14 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

You'll probably still get a notice saying x had bought your buffs. What's to stop you from PMing them a thank you note, thus creating an opening for a conversation?

I do... but think of the AH... do you ever PM? Not usually for myself... the old way of buying and selling buffs REQUIRED a note.

#15 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Fixed :)

#16 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:48

Grr!  Players should not be buff vending machines! :(

I thought when this automation was being discussed, it was said that we would have a choice as to if we wanted to set auto-buff or not, and there would be a low limit of auto-buffs cast.

Also, I seem to remember there would be a total stamina limit for auto-buff too, rather than a per-package limit.

I think overall this way is better as it makes the process simpler and hence more usable for both the buyers and sellers.

#17 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:50

PS I've got a great deal on Rage [100] and Treasure Hunter [100] at the moment - only 50 gold :D

#18 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:58

You still need to be online for it to work :)

Questions:

1) What is to stop auto reload from getting around this?

2) Also, did you test to see if buff master and guild buffer still work with this new automation?

3) Will people on your ignore list be able to buy from your buff packages? I would think not but wanted to double check.

4) To clarify, what happens when you hit your 100 threshold, are you not allowed to sell that buff package anymore? or until that 100 resets? when is the reset?

Edited by Windbattle, 30 January 2014 - 15:00.

#19 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:58

I think overall this way is better as it makes the process simpler and hence more usable for both the buyers and sellers.

But we have no way to define a TOTAL amount of stamina we want to use. The only option given is a per package option. Not all packages sell equally, or at all. Limits should be on TOTAL stamina used for auto-casts, as it doesn't matter to the seller which packages sell, what matters is the amount of stamina lost.

#20 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:05

to stop the vending effect can a player only be showing as active if they have clicked to another page/site link type thing eg they were on AH so if they click AH again it wont change your activity or be considered active by the buff market?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: