Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 14:58

Hi all,

Content

This is a major content update for levels 2601 to 2625, we have just added the following to the game...

- New Area 'Xaintor Jungle (Vipesh Haunt)'.
- New Area 'Xaintor Jungle (Warrior Realm)'.
- New Area 'Xaintor Jungle (Ritual Quarter)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Canyon (Hunting Grounds)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Canyon (Cannibal Crevice)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Canyon (Herd Lands)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Canyon (Poisonous Paths)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Basking Sands)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Spider Sands)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Goblin Grounds)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Training Pits)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Arena)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Gherdlia Dunes)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Sand Storm)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Shamble)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Slime Trails)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Snake Pits)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Webs)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Savage Dunes)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Lechacidi Haunt)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Golem Grounds)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Stalking Sands)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Skuttle)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Shifting Boulders)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Writhing Dunes)'.
- New Area 'Ganaroth Desert (Worm Haunt)'.

- 25 New Creatures.
- 2 New 'Champion' Creatures.
- 1 New 'Elite' Creature.

- 1 New 'Common' Item.
- 2 New 'Rare' Items.
- 2 New 'Unique' Items.
- 2 New Item Sets.

- 3 New Portals.

- 2 New Relics.

- New Quest 'Dangers in the Desert'.

It is rumored that a new portal to the Xaintor Jungle (Vipesh Haunt) has been discovered in the Xaintor Jungle (Quarry).

PvP Ladder

Additionally, we have added a further 5 potions to the PvP Ladder Rewards! Furthermore, we shall be looking to start adding new sets next week!

We welcome any constructive feedback regarding the new potions.

Finally, we'll be adding a slider to PvP Prestige, allowing players to choose how much of their Prestige they wish to use!

Enjoy

~The Fallen Sword Team

#2 PrinceKash

PrinceKash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:09

Thank you for the pots =)

#3 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:10

Price is really steep. 15-25 tokens for those skills isnt exactly much "bang for your buck". Id say divide the price by a factor of three to be honest. Just my thought, they are way overpriced some are only 30-60 minutes.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#4 TSDaedalus

TSDaedalus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:14

There's still not much on the Ladder rewards that makes me want to play.  -_- I'm not going to do PvP just to get rewards that are going to help me do PvP better.

#5 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:17

Not to sound ungrateful that the devs have done some work on Ladder rewards, but couldn't there be a lengthened duration instead of simply jacking up the skill level? There needs to be a better balance with the skill levels. Since these skills are from the Ladder, anyone that plays it knows being successful is all about staying buffed. A lengthened duration would help that goal, especially at 15 tokens/per.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#6 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:24

It's something we can definitely look at, sure. We could lower the prices on these a touch and then possibly follow an idea from one of the feedback threads, making the potions bound and increasing the cost a bit but making the durations considerably longer. I quite liked the idea of allowing the player the choice of buying cheaper potions to sell or more expensive (but better!) ones for personal use.

#7 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:30

It's something we can definitely look at, sure. We could lower the prices on these a touch and then possibly follow an idea from one of the feedback threads, making the potions bound and increasing the cost a bit but making the durations considerably longer. I quite liked the idea of allowing the player the choice of buying cheaper potions to sell or more expensive (but better!) ones for personal use.

You need something to drive the participation incentive! Why does PvP always get the short end of the stick when it comes to rewards? Arena, Titans, SEs even don't have bound items. Why does PvP deserve such indignation?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:32

It's not "indignation" it's based off of feedback which seemed quite popular. You want stuff for profit, get the less powerful stuff but for personal use, get the better stuff. Global events have bound items too don't forget.

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:37

Grim, how about the barricade pot lasting longer? Just a thought. The price goes from 240 minute pots for 5 tokens more to 60 minute pots for 5 less. Believe 180/120 minutes would be cool.

Edited by EpicPiety, 04 September 2015 - 15:39.

#10 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:37

1) thanks for the content smile.png

2) PvP ladder

PvP Ladder

Additionally, we have added a further 5 potions to the PvP Ladder Rewards! Furthermore, we shall be looking to start adding new sets next week!

We welcome any constructive feedback regarding the new potions.

• DURATIONS

durations are too low, especially the 30 min & 60 min durations???

the PvP ladder lasts 24h - 48h, please we need potions that last longer !!!

you need to increase the duration of these potions

• TOKEN PRICES

they are currently very expensive, just some EXAMPLES:

entrench 200 (60min) for 15 tokens => same level is cheaper & faster to get from composing or a lvl 150 (90min) from AH for 1 dot or less !!!

severe condition 200 (30min) for 15 tokens => a higher severe condition 250 is cheaper & faster to get from composing + we have the skill at 175 ("minor" difference BUT with a much longer duration)

• SKILL LEVEL

as stated before, the same skill levels or better can be found elsewhere in the game (composing, AH)

please play the PvP ladder for a week (currently seeing Zorg there) & then look how many tokens you can get after 1 week, you will be surprised with the outcome

you need to base them on how much an "average" player can get !!!

1-750 Reward Bands:

1st => 5 tokens

2nd => 1 tokens

3rd => 1 token

4th+ => ZERO token (NO rewards for the rest)

750+ Reward Bands:

1st => 5 tokens

2nd => 3 tokens

3rd => 2 tokens

4th => 1 token

5th => 1 token

6th+ => ZERO token (NO rewards for the rest)

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:42

Comparing to composing is not a terribly accurate thing to do, given that you have to work for a long time to get that high. (Level 33 for Entrench and 60 for Severe Condition.)

Durations, I'm happy to increase. 

Costs, happy to decrease.

#12 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:43

similar to comments above, but 3 of the potions (Barricades, Entrench, and Severe Condition) need 5-6x higher duration for it to be worthwhile for pvp ladder people. Reduction to token cost would also be good. Sounds like you heard it loud and clear already BG so I'll not harp on it.

BG did say that new sets are coming next week. So lets not jump down the cows throats about rewards not being good enough yet. you haven't even seen all the rewards yet. How long did it take to get pvp reform? exactly ... a long time. so rewards are rolling out pretty quickly when you consider how long it took to get to this point. Lastly, it doesn't sound like the cows forgot about the feedback threads / ideas for new rewards, they are trying.

If anything updates are coming out faster than ever, although not everyone agrees on what they should be.

Edited by Windbattle, 04 September 2015 - 15:46.

#13 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:44

It's not "indignation" it's based off of feedback which seemed quite popular. You want stuff for profit, get the less powerful stuff but for personal use, get the better stuff. Global events have bound items too don't forget.

You might believe some of us are playing for "profit" but that couldn't be further from the truth! What profit will I attain? I can't take anything away from the game. What am I going to use FSP for at this stage, leveling to EOC? I want to play a game that has some challenge and requires some skill! Isn't that what you are after? Please allow players to earn some "profit" so that they will WANT to participate. Why don't you put a POLL in-game and ask the whole community if Ladder items should be discriminated against compared to other aspects of the game previously mentioned. It's what Hoof has been doing to great success imo!!! Do you think keeping good rewards unbound will corrupt the game?

PS And global reward pots couldn't be easier to get - 4-5k stam without wearing gear! They are WAY over powered! They have brought great imbalance to the game. I know you have been toning them down recently but the damage caused by the earlier global pot rewards will be irreparable for a long time. The constant trend of bigger skill level needs to slow down considerably. Can't you think of some new skills?

Edited by sweetlou, 04 September 2015 - 15:57.

[Signature removed]

#14 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:45

Comparing to composing is not a terribly accurate thing to do, given that you have to work for a long time to get that high. (Level 33 for Entrench and 60 for Severe Condition.)

I would have agreed with you IF there were not TRAVELING COMPOSERS wink.png !!!!

you can just invite them to your guild & ask them to make you the same or even better skills + with a MUCH longer duration and to top it off it would be A LOT cheaper than getting them from the PvP ladder !!!

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#15 vetlet

vetlet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:47

When will the guide be updated for post 2500 content?

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:48

We should stay on topic this is not about composing 

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:50

Durations increased. Costs decreased.

A lot of the feedback we saw seemed to agree the 240 minutes was a good duration. Obviously we're not going to have these have durations on par with the Epic potions (720 minutes) but what kind of durations are we looking at here?

#18 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:55

We should stay on topic this is not about composing 

The fact that you can obtain potions by allowing a guild hopper to come to your guild and compose potions needs to stop! I suggest that before a player can guild tag composed potions, they must first have their bronze guild loyalty medal. If not, then open up all composed potions to be unbounded!

The same should be true for PvP ladder rewards. They should be unbounded!

Edited by Spider0007, 04 September 2015 - 15:58.

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:56

Looking better BG :)...20 tokens is a tad expensive yet tho. Prices need to be cut in half i think. Placing first 4 times takes approx 4-8 days if you win EVERY TIME. I would be as daring to say these durations need to be 720 minutes. We got 12 potions with 720 minute durations for 2 weeks of pvp play, which came with numerous of buffs. Average of 1 chest for each day we were playing the seasons.

Edited by EpicPiety, 04 September 2015 - 16:08.

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 15:58

The fact that you can obtain potions by allowing a guild hopper to come to your guild and compose potions needs to stop! I suggest that before a player can guild tag composed potions, they must first have their bronze guild loyalty medal. If not, then open up all composed potions to be unbounded!

Composing is a solo aspect... Being a travelling composer comes with many pros and cons. Want to sell your potions? Do what they are doing leave your guild and travel around. Balance your priorities you can't have everything. Ya'll just be selfish. Whats the difference in inventing potions and selling? To be honest i am in a guild with 4 level 60 composers and 10+ level 40+ composers. For me to say travelling composers need to be banned would be selfish! Also very beneficial for me for many reasons. Moving on.

Edited by EpicPiety, 04 September 2015 - 16:03.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: