10 replies to this topic

#1 Nordom0

Nordom0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:33

Alright i have been around since Early beta... and i am one of the more casual players... Playing when i have the time... but this is a rather annoying problem...

what is the point of the Professions if you cannot get a profit out of them? I mean seriously... when i pay 10c for an item to make another item that is only worth 1c... that kinda pisses me off... and then have to pay another 10c plus use 5 of the first item to make an item that is only worth 17c

Where is the Logic in these professions if you cannot make at least SOME profit... i am sorry i don't mind the grinding... i don't mind spending time gathering all the resources... but seriously...

Professions usually mean profit... Not deficit...

Cows this is the first time i have Complained and i have been playing the games for over 6 years... please fix the sale prices of the Crafted Items... its offputting when you cannot make a profit or at least have something to show for my work other than less than half the money i invested into the item to begin with...

#2 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:14

I'm at tailoring level 12, but I still lose more money than I make. I don't understand why they are so hard on new players. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Aren't you suppose to entice new players and gradually increase the difficulty?

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#3 Bommelding

Bommelding

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 16:11

I totally agree with this.

Right now I've been training my prospecting level and weaponsmithing level together, but I have to go back to questing now because I'm out of cash so I can't buy the flux to make bars anymore..

It will probably get better with the addition of an Auction House or something like that, because we would be able to sell bars/crafted items but right now it's not very appealing to train gathering/crafting. Gathering is supposed to give you profit!

Therefore I think it would be nice if the price of the items needed for crafting (the flux etc.) would be lowered a little more.

#4 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 16:28

well,the problem is that you are going off of only vendor worth. if you sell to other players that are around the lvl of the items you're crafting that need it you can up your price or leave it flat so you make even. I for example sell the potions i make to other players for the mat cost+1s and if the player buys bulk i give them free stacks of the potions on the side. much more profitable if you have generous pricing and deals you give to people.

But also have to say I disagree with this post. yes the first tier and maybe 2nd tiers aren't extremely profitable. but easy to see how the 3rd and 4th tiers are very good profit. if you put the time in to getting your skill up and put that little extra time into the attempt to selling those produced items you would be amazed what you could end up with in gold or what deals or long term player/customers you would have in this game. 

not saying you guys don't have the right to feel the way you do about it.

Edited by HuMoR, 09 December 2013 - 17:01.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#5 Nordom0

Nordom0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:16

HuMoR,

The problem with your logic on this is simply that especially with level 1-10 items. The Market is so flooded with items its not even worth trying to sell to other players... and besides even if we did have an AH to try to sell on it'd be just as bad as the mostly worthless Common Items on the AH in Fallensword before the Composing Update...

I am not saying i want it to be easier... i am fine with the difficulty as it is... but i should not get more out of a stack of coal than then entire product of that stack altogether... (the Copper bars/Ingots) and even if i did... i would still be out 1s50c just for that stack to be processed... No matter how i look at it... The Gathering and Crafting Professions... they are not worth it from a sellers standpoint... there is no incentive... especially for the lower levels... to actually do these...

And i understand that the higher levels start to become a little bit more profitable... but seriously... spending 60c just to make 18c back... that does seem a little ridiculous, especially when i could just (like i said with the coal before) make more money selling the middle product, (1s) then losing 3s just to make 90c back in return... losing a total of 2s10c and this is for the lower level ones, not the ones that require 2 glue, or 2 stones, and whatnot...

#6 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:42

that's what im saying though,lvl 1-10 isnt meant to be profitable and for most part it wont be. put in the extra time to get to the 2nd tier and you will start profiting. i lost all my coin going from lvl 1-16 alch now i've made like 50g in the past 2 days off of it. just put the extra time in and you'll profit from it,especially in the long run those end tiers will be really profitable.

Edited by HuMoR, 09 December 2013 - 18:46.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#7 Pros

Pros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:11

Call forth the Auction!

zv61ht.png

#8 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:40

If people don't buy stuff, they don't buy the stuff. Furthermore, alchemy gives useful items to sell, tailoring does not, so the comparison is not valid. Furthermore, alchemy levels more than 5x faster than tailoring, so again, the comparison is not valid. All the tailoring items that can be crafted from 1-9 are worthless junk that anyone with a guardhouse set will not purchase. So, no, there is no one to buy level 1-9 gear for tailors, and I suspect armorsmiths as well.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#9 sry911

sry911

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:51

18WS here.when i vendor 2tier weapons i lose like 10silver each weapon.People only buy rare items,because when you charge them with 1-2gold for 16+ green item they  just dont understand why its so high.Its require a lot of time and gold to invest if you want to reach WS16+

#10 Marre

Marre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:25

when crafting lvl 20+ Equipments you will see you start earn more Money back then losing (even items you sell to shop)

this is known by me, im lvl 30 tailoring so i know that for sure ;)

Edited by Marre, 10 December 2013 - 02:25.

#11 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 15:57

comradelewis,not sure where you're throwing these numbers out from :D. just put the effort in to get your levels higher and you'll see profit,and btw even if it were true that people only buy the rares from it (special sets and relic hoods) you would still make a fortune they will sell for high amounts of gold each,same as armorsmithing and leatherworking.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: