Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2021 - 12:07

Hello everyone!  ^_^

After a busy year at Hunted Cow Studios, we can officially announce the release of the Fallen Sword App. Now available on Google Play and iOS Stores!

Google Play: here
Apple iOS: here

The release brings with it a considerable number of updates and fixes, including music that will play in all available realms!

We have worked very hard over the years on the Fallen Sword App. We are incredibly grateful to our players who have provided us with valuable feedback and to our hardworking developers who have worked tirelessly throughout the year to complete it. 

We hope you enjoy the new interface as well as the ability to play Fallen Sword wherever you may be! We would love to hear what you think of the App in this feedback thread.

A new tutorial will be implemented to give new players a more informative start to the game, and we will continue to work with the community to make Fallen Sword the best it can be!

Happy Holidays and Happy Hunting!

~ Fallen Sword Team.

#2 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 12:31

Thank you for all your hard work!

However I cannot recommend the app to anyone until you remove the forced restart the app due to HUD Sync errors. Please figure out another way to retrieve/update info without forcing a restart.

May not seem like a big issue but your app takes atleast 20 second before you see the world map.

If I had to guess the world chat is what needs to update constantly ? Please give us an option to remove it like on the browser version.

#3 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2021 - 12:38

However I cannot recommend the app to anyone until you remove the forced restart the app due to HUD Sync errors. Please figure out another way to retrieve/update info without forcing a restart.

May not seem like a big issue but your app takes atleast 20 second before you see the world map.

If I had to guess the world chat is what needs to update constantly ? Please give us an option to remove it like on the browser version.

Are you playing on the browser at the same time?

#4 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 12:42

Are you playing on the browser at the same time?

Not simultaneously but I have FS open on my computer most of the time 

#5 Zue

Zue

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2021 - 12:44

Hi there!

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear this. Can you ensure that you're not playing the desktop version and the app at the same time? I have passed your concerns onto the developers, anyhow! 

#6 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 12:56

App is finally out of beta, yay! Super exciting. With that comes some major issues.

I will preface this with I am on iOS 15.1 on an iPhone 11. I am using the V1.0 app out of the store.

The app won’t load for me, at all. I only see a black screen. Nothing on it. It used to work but now I see a black screen whenever I open the app.
My logs are not up to date, they are over a week old. This includes normal logs and combat ones.
I attempted to attack someone on the ladder but the attack screen never loaded. So, I am unable to attack anyone on the app.
Push notifications don’t work for me either. I tested this multiple times throughout the day.
I have to constantly restart the app as it gets out of sync (not using browser at the same time).

As of right now, app is not usable.

#7 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 13:48

I cannot find the Where you watch videos to get shards? Or is that not an option on iPhone?

#8 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 13:52

I literally just clicked on the app that I have already previously logged my account into and it had me as a level 1 player named Darlene or something like that. I didn’t not make a new account just clicked on the app to open it back up and try to find the fallen sword shard stuff to watch videos

#9 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 13:55

This is what I opened the page to
Some reason I cannot upload the photo

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 13:59

Have we thought about loosening the chatting settings for new players. Stick by my stance first 24-48H is the most pivotal time for player retention. If they can't chat they will leave. Maybe this has already changed?

#11 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2021 - 14:28

Congratulations and good job on the app! Everything looks clean.

I'm curious if the booster pack promo codes would ever return. I'm sure new players would love that extra 500 max stamina and other upgrades :)

sigma_468x60.jpg

#12 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 15:27

Hi there!

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear this. Can you ensure that you're not playing the desktop version and the app at the same time? I have passed your concerns onto the developers, anyhow! 

Thank you Zue but this is probably a solution for me to not experince this HUD Sync error message not a solution to the problem itself. 

What I would like is to be able to "switch seamlessly between your browser and mobile devices for an effortless cross-platform experience" as per the description of the app on the app stores as well as the email sent out today.

unknown.png

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 16:56

Guild Storage on app seems to be not loading.

#14 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2021 - 17:52

App is finally out of beta, yay! Super exciting. With that comes some major issues.

I will preface this with I am on iOS 15.1 on an iPhone 11. I am using the V1.0 app out of the store.

The app won’t load for me, at all. I only see a black screen. Nothing on it. It used to work but now I see a black screen whenever I open the app.
My logs are not up to date, they are over a week old. This includes normal logs and combat ones.
I attempted to attack someone on the ladder but the attack screen never loaded. So, I am unable to attack anyone on the app.
Push notifications don’t work for me either. I tested this multiple times throughout the day.
I have to constantly restart the app as it gets out of sync (not using browser at the same time).

As of right now, app is not usable.

Hi Tilley,

Thank you for the feedback and apologises for the issues you are having. Notifications, PvP view player dialog and the Logs have now all been fixed our side and will be available in the next update.

We are still unsure as to why you were having a black screen at the login stages. We have a feeling it might have been an issue with your install, but let us know if this issue persists. We will continue looking into it until we know for sure.

I cannot find the Where you watch videos to get shards? Or is that not an option on iPhone?

Hi Subject, 

I'm afraid there is currently an issue with Ads on iOS, we hope to have them working in a future update. Sorry for the inconvenience here.

I literally just clicked on the app that I have already previously logged my account into and it had me as a level 1 player named Darlene or something like that. I didn’t not make a new account just clicked on the app to open it back up and try to find the fallen sword shard stuff to watch videos

If you have previously logged in from this device then it shouldn't have made you a new character. We are looking into why this may have happened and will look for a fix so it doesn't occur again. Have you since been able to log in with your existing since, or is it forcing you to use this new character?

Have we thought about loosening the chatting settings for new players. Stick by my stance first 24-48H is the most pivotal time for player retention. If they can't chat they will leave. Maybe this has already changed?

Hi EpicPiety,

This has indeed already been changed, new players should be able to use the chat feature again. Please let us know if you hear players to be experiencing issues with this, but we have reverted this change our side.

Congratulations and good job on the app! Everything looks clean.

I'm curious if the booster pack promo codes would ever return. I'm sure new players would love that extra 500 max stamina and other upgrades :)

Hi Alisa,

Thank you for your praise of the app. We do not currently have plans for booster packs, but we may consider doing them again in the future.

Thank you Zue but this is probably a solution for me to not experince this HUD Sync error message not a solution to the problem itself. 

What I would like is to be able to "switch seamlessly between your browser and mobile devices for an effortless cross-platform experience" as per the description of the app on the app stores as well as the email sent out today.

unknown.png

Hi Emperor Sidd,

We are sorry you are having issues with this. The issue does come from using both the app and the browser versions simultaneously and hence the two fall out of sync from one another and a refresh is required. The information you have quoted stats that you can switch seamlessly, which we stand by, progress from app is carried across to browser ready for your next browser play session, and vice versa. This out of sync issue comes from running both at the same time. We are looking for ways to improve this, but for the time being we do not recommend having both open at the same time. Sorry for the inconvenience here.

Thanks again for all the feedback that has been provided so far on this app release. We continue to work hard behind the scenes to fix any issues you may be having. Please keep the feedback coming, and as always, Happy Hunting.

~The Fallen Sword Team

#15 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2021 - 18:00

Guild Storage on app seems to be not loading.

Hi EpicPiety,

The guild vault looks to be working as intended for me. What exactly is it doing? I'm assuming its just showing the loading animation on repeat with no end? I will keep looking into this and see if I can work out what's happening here, but any extra information you can provide will help with the hunt. Can you also confirm if you are using an Android or an iOS device? I can have a more targeted look as to why this may be happening.

~Conix

#16 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2021 - 18:19

Hi All,

We have just pushed an update that fixes the following issues:

• Dark Realm missing map (Temp fix added).
  • Fight player panel loading infinitely.
  • Global quest stingers playing on repeat.
  • Player logs displaying older logs as priority as opposed to newer ones.
  • Push notification spamming.
  • Unable to withdraw gold from personal bank without guild permission.

This update should be making its way to your app store of your choice very soon and we hope these fixes help improve your play experience. Thank you all for the feedback so far, please don't hesitate to let us know if there are any further issues and we will aim to get them fixed in a speedy manor.

~The Fallen Sword Team.

#17 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 18:27

Subject, on 14 Dec 2021 - 08:52, said:
If you have previously logged in from this device then it shouldn't have made you a new character. We are looking into why this may have happened and will look for a fix so it doesn't occur again. Have you since been able to log in with your existing since, or is it forcing you to use this new character?

I had to Log out of that account which was Darline4 and then re-Log back into my account and I have not had a problem since then with it auto logging me into my account when I press the app.

#18 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 18:29

By the way the app looks awesome! Nicely done :) I haven’t got to fiddle around with much yet as I have been busy but looks great from what I have seen so far

#19 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2021 - 18:39

I had to Log out of that account which was Darline4 and then re-Log back into my account and I have not had a problem since then with it auto logging me into my account when I press the app.

Hi Subject,

I am glad you were able to log back into your own character and have not had this issue since. We would still like to get to the bottom of this so this issue does not happen again. Can you confirm if this was the first time logging in after the update to 1.0, or were you using 1.0 when this issue occurred? Any extra information you may be able to offer will help us narrow down why this happened.

Kind Regards

~Conix

#20 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2021 - 18:41

By the way the app looks awesome! Nicely done :) I haven’t got to fiddle around with much yet as I have been busy but looks great from what I have seen so far

Thanks Subject!

We are really happy you are enjoying the app and hope you enjoy it further when you get the time to fully try it out!

~Conix :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: