64 replies to this topic

#1 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 16:00

I spent well over what I care to admit on recruit and champions packs.  Not once have I ever seen a ring of shadows chest.  What I thought to be somewhat rare items surface in just a matter of days on several other players.  I have zero incentive on purchasing anymore packs at this point unless some changes are made.  

I know you are working hard at adding new content to which I am very excited about.  However, is it too much to ask to throw in some previously thought discontinued/limited items?  The price for a certain bluppity pet is going for over 100k ep?  That's $1000 cash to which I'd probably invest in a new computer, those cute little strappy heels I want and dinner at my favorite restaurant.  I'm not saying it isn't worth it, because I'm sure to someone it is, but unless it's helping me get my level 40 gear set by breathing fire on Thrade, it's not going to happen.  

So...until the new items are added, throw us a virtual bone.  Not only will it increase sales of the packs and revenue into the game, it will balance out the market for these items.  

CAM00842.jpg

Edited by ChelseaBrick, 30 January 2014 - 23:22.

8TLwd.jpg

#2 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 16:04

I have to agree with this tbh,it is confirmed the founder packages are discontinued not their contents(they are exclusive but not discontinued) so they could be brought back in any future packages that HCS chooses if they decide to make more packages (they will btw) because aside from the beta title and founders titles,there are no other titles (yet).

below will be a link of Eldevin founder packages and their prices.
Notice how people less then 2 months in are selling individual items of these packages for well over the package worth itself on items that may not even be truly discontinued.

http://eldevin.wikia...i/Founder_Packs

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#3 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 16:19

The founder items are discontinued, which they stated clearly a few times.

Theres nothing close that's going for 100k EP but it will happen in the future.

There are very few ruby founders+ which makes the ruby+ founder items very exclusive and limited items, and the fact some of us held them back knowing that in time they would be worth money makes them even more scarce.

We all knew this was going to happen with the founder items, and it's quite obvious at this point in the game beta testers are going to regret not investing in them.

I knew from day one that these would be worth it in the long run (first founder pack buyer, medal please.. :P).

On topic with the champion items, I think it would be more beneficial if they released a list of items obtainable from the chests and upcoming chests with their drops rates. It's still a surprise but you know what you have a chance at before you open them.

Edited by Neon, 30 January 2014 - 16:19.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#4 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 16:24

Sorry guys, but the Founder packs were sold with "Exclusive" items to said packs. :D

That was a huge part of the appeal for many players that purchased them.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#5 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 16:30

Pat on the back for your foresight. 

8TLwd.jpg

#6 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 16:37

What is the point of this game?  Every single idea of mine is shot down by founders and self-appointed forum police.  I can't get a TR run because I won't join a guild.  What is the point?  You might as well delete my post.  Thanks.  back to the sims for me.

8TLwd.jpg

#7 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 16:39

Well have to say some want to make other player Bleed with how they price stuff.. But it is a free market and that brings out certain types of Pricing... And certain types of Players.. Game are bad for it but some pay it with out any clue.. To me every thing that was in Founder packs should have been bound on purchase.

#8 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 16:46

What is the point of this game?  Every single idea of mine is shot down by founders and self-appointed forum police.  I can't get a TR run because I won't join a guild.  What is the point?  You might as well delete my post.  Thanks.  back to the sims for me.

I am not shooting you down Chelsea, just was trying to inform you that they were sold as and confirmed as only ever being available in founder packs  :)

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=57848

1. The exclusive items will only be available from the founder packs, correct. The only way to get them in future will be to trade with a player who bought the founder packs.

Also... I love your pic!  :D

Edited by Mongo, 30 January 2014 - 16:47.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#9 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 16:51

Unfortunately, the items that were released with the founder packs were mostly exclusive. This means we really can't redistribute them. It would be unfair to the people who already have them. If they choose to sell those items for higher prices, they're entitled to. Even if it seems quite a high price, if they hold out for long enough a buyer may turn up.

Sorry that's not really the answer you expected. However, your picture made me grin. I'm going to go poke an artist and mention tutus to them right now. :)

#10 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 16:56

Apologies to Anakiro who already cleared up this post, but I'd just like to make my comment on this.

Just because we reply not agreeing with your idea, or voting against your idea this is in no way an attack at you or your post. Labeling us as "forum police" and "founders" like it's a bad thing is not necessary. 

I also agree with your post somewhat, I believe if they released a pull chance percentage and list on items per pack, possibly on the main website, it would give more incentive to open packs because you know what you're getting yourself into.

a5kwtf.png

#11 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 16:58

I think most of you are failing to actually realize the point of what her initial post was,ADDING INCENTIVES TO THE CHESTS to make them actually worth buying still....THIS doesn't mean to add founders items(that was my post). 

Unfortunately, the items that were released with the founder packs were mostly exclusive. This means we really can't redistribute them. It would be unfair to the people who already have them. If they choose to sell those items for higher prices, they're entitled to. Even if it seems quite a high price, if they hold out for long enough a buyer may turn up.

Sorry that's not really the answer you expected. However, your picture made me grin. I'm going to go poke an artist and mention tutus to them right now. :)

^"MOSTLY"   

anyways...those items really should have been bound on purchase to your character(s). As they ruin the actual economy of rares. (creating in game monopolies) with players.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#12 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:01

These packs should have been Bound to Account... Really sort of Lame that they were not.... That would have solved it all... Founders should have been just that.. Now that is Cheapened because any one that wants to spend out can have founder Items.. All Founders basically  got is a forum tag...

#13 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:02

^"MOSTLY"   

anyways...those items really should have been bound on purchase to your character(s). As they ruin the actual economy of rares. (creating in game monopolies) with players.

I'm not sure what your problem is with having these items in the game with such a high rarity (the rarity can be blamed on the fact quite allot of active beta testers chose not to invest in the packs).

They don't ruin the economy and they actually make trading less mundane and much more interesting.

Players can set a goal to obtain these items, they also add to the incentive to buy EP to purchase them off players. It was a great decision on the cows part, who knows in 5 years time someone may buy 500k EP in one go to buy a founder horn. 

a5kwtf.png

#14 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:08

I'm not sure what your problem is with having these items in the game with such a high rarity (the rarity can be blamed on the fact quite allot of active beta testers chose not to invest in the packs).

They don't ruin the economy and they actually make trading less mundane and much more interesting.

Players can set a goal to obtain these items, they also add to the incentive to buy EP to purchase them off players. It was a great decision on the cows part, who knows in 5 years time someone may buy 500k EP in one go to buy a founder horn. 

Sorry I wouldn't want a repeat of the Runescape economy. I don't like the taking advantage of other players kind of ordeal,there's a difference between non mundane trading and unrealistic. You are saying basically,All new players will have to pay ungodly amounts of RL money to buy your in game vanity,even in RS is was based off in game currency. Tell me how it really works out for you when all these new players who are trying to come to this game and enjoy it are too intimidated by the prices set on here and in game (EP related). Tell me how a new players under the impression of wanting to try a new game pops on and in under a hour or so of playing/reading forums they realize holy crap I have to spend $1000 to get a pet wow(on a game labeled Free to Play). I'm sure that is better for the economy. Lets take some steps back and bind these items,as they were probably intended as a vanity for self not to make in game monopolies of said founder items.

Edited by HuMoR, 30 January 2014 - 17:11.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#15 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:11

Sorry I wouldn't want a repeat of the Runescape economy. I don't like the taking advantage of other players kind of ordeal,there's a difference between non mundane trading and unrealistic. You are saying basically,All new players will have to pay ungodly amounts of RL money to buy your in game vanity,even in RS is was based off in game currency. Tell me how it really works out for you when all these new players who are trying to come to this game and enjoy it are too intimidated by the prices set on here and in game (EP related). Tell me how a new players under the impression of wanting to try a new game pops on and in under a hour or so of playing/reading forums they realize holy crap I have to spend $1000 to get a pet wow. I'm sure that is better for the economy. Lets take some steps back and bind these items,as they were probably intended as a vanity for self not to make in game monopolies of said founder items.

Well you kinda just made my point with one word "vanity". This in no way effects players and in no way effects new players views on the game (it shouldn't anyway). The fact these items are useless makes them harmless and have no influence on the overall economy. 

These items are for collectors and people with large amounts of money to invest in.

Edited by Neon, 30 January 2014 - 17:12.

a5kwtf.png

#16 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:12

To clarify, yes the founder pack items were exclusive to the founder packs. There may be variations released in future, but not the exact same items, in order to preserve their value as exclusive founder items.

There might be a non-founder version of the art book released at some point.

And now apparently I have to model a tutu xD

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#17 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:12

Yes made it so the Founder packs were Trashed by Greedy players.. Real good for the game.. New players can buy 90% of founder "Exclusive" items.. I see that as a Major FAIL...HCS dropped the Ball BIG Time here....

Edited by Shylark57, 30 January 2014 - 17:15.

#18 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:13

Thank you, guthix, for clarifying what I actually meant.  

On the subject of founders packs--I didn't even know this game existed until it was released in November.  Apparently they were available until the beginning of December.  It seems to me that it was somewhat hidden to new players but beta testers seemed to be quite aware of them.  Therefore, many of us that weren't invited as beta testers weren't aware a such thing even existed.  But that's beside the point, because I don't need a special horn to blow, really.

All I wanted was more items to be added to the recruit/champions packs.  That's it.  I tried to add humor to it.  I failed.

Have a great day.

8TLwd.jpg

#19 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:14

If it were only labeled "vanity" and only "collectors" were trying to get them then why are chests being bought so much? its just vanity? only collectors would buy those right? So I guess every person in the game must be a collector for wanting said vanity? no...the fact is Vanity can almost be considered a currency,the highest currency ( FP items)

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#20 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:14

To clarify, yes the founder pack items were exclusive to the founder packs. There may be variations released in future, but not the exact same items, in order to preserve their value as exclusive founder items.

There might be a non-founder version of the art book released at some point.

And now apparently I have to model a tutu xD

Didn't you already make a variation?

The ice dragon from the Christmas event seems very similar to the fire dragonling (emerald founder pet). :P

Edited by Neon, 30 January 2014 - 17:16.

a5kwtf.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: