Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 18:21

I think the OP was asking for a list of contents that are in the packs, I think this is a good idea and its something I will look at getting posted up and would be especially useful when we release a new pack in the future.

Good to know, saves me finishing off the little guide I was working on. tongue.png

I think the % chances should be kept from us though? to keep things more fun, either way it would be nice to have everything listed somewhere.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#42 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 18:23

I'm talking to her in person right now,the OP is not about a list of current items in the chests. That is a good idea yes,but what is wanted is new items into these chests. People want to continue buying these chests,but only if more stuff are included into the rewards from these chests. As it is right now,everything from those chests have been obtained and there is no real incentive to buying them anymore. New items are wanted to be included into the shop,more variety is needed. Literally purchasing chests and just been pretty much giving them out to people.

Edited by HuMoR, 30 January 2014 - 18:24.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#43 Sai

Sai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 30 January 2014 - 18:57

I'm talking to her in person right now,the OP is not about a list of current items in the chests. That is a good idea yes,but what is wanted is new items into these chests. People want to continue buying these chests,but only if more stuff are included into the rewards from these chests. As it is right now,everything from those chests have been obtained and there is no real incentive to buying them anymore. New items are wanted to be included into the shop,more variety is needed. Literally purchasing chests and just been pretty much giving them out to people.

So OP is just looking for a new variety of items to keep things interesting, instead of becoming stagnant items flooding the market? Sounds good but as long as nothing more becomes discontinued, markets based around unobtainable items makes for outrageous prices and unrealistic advantages to anyone who had the opportunity to afford them at the time. The one redeeming factor about a lot of these items is that they become bound and can't be traded anymore once used. 

I for one can't jump on the EP item wagon yet, I just can't afford to invest that much in a game currently which is why I missed out on buying founder packs and even missed out on getting my name at first, awesome devs for giving me my name back =],  because I was working 60hrs~ a week and couldn't be around. 

Steam Gashen_Sai

RuneScape Gashen-Sai

#44 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 21:27

I think the OP was asking for a list of contents that are in the packs, I think this is a good idea and its something I will look at getting posted up and would be especially useful when we release a new pack in the future. I'm not sure where all the drama came from, but can we please try and be nicer to each other of the forums. At Hunted Cow we like to promote a friendly community that improves the game, and last think I want to have to do is come in and censor everyone's replies.

Thanks

Eldevin mod staff a lot nicer than FS ones. Maybe time to swtich games, lol

But seriously.... It DOES reek of another repeat of the stuff of early RS days... minus the item dupeing ofc....

The founder stuff is like early items.... status. I actually passed on the founders packs... and really.... aside from a nice investment to pull wool over some idiot willing to pay more for something utterly pointless and relatively useless.... so be it.

I've seen more than enough actions litterally for the notion of exploiting gameplay in FS that this is nothing new to me. If someone is stupid enough to drop 10k EP on a bluppity, then they deserve to have that EP taken from them, and kudos to the person who gets the ripoff deal of the game's history in their favor.

I DO hope that HCS binds or re-releases holiday content if they dont intend on binding it.

Last thing I want to play is Runescape light. I went to FS because it didn't have that feel, and had a thriving and relatively friendly community. Eldevin is a combo of FS folks and new faces... I hope this doesn't waterdown the vibes of HCS game's better points.

In all honesty these should have been bound. If deveolpers as piggish and stubborn as Jagex can figure that having open season on one time items is a bad idea, I won't be suprised if binding items becomes a trend. Just like when players pointied out the abuse for composing in FS. Sadly this was not taken note of. Mind, I think having the founder packs through the holidays would have been better for HCS' balance sheet, let alone allow newer players to figure out what was what.

I'd be upset too if I was new and was not informed of the opporotunity to buy these, but I was a beta tester, so I saw it on loadup like every time for 3-5 months, lol.Just got enough to throw money at with FS and some other things that cause me to feel compelled to empty my wallet. :/

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#45 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 21:51

To me this just shows the obvious beta player who is now peeved they didn't invest into founder packs.

Founder packs were on sale for a good few months and they made sure everyone knew about them.

If people are really going to start getting annoyed at the fact these items are now being sold for much more than the EP you actually obtained in a founder pack (which was expected) then all I can say is tough luck.

This could have easily been debated in beta, it was such an obvious thing to happen since they stated these items would be exclusive to the founder packs (only obtainable at that point in time). 

Tell me (not you directly Guite, and please don't take the post the wrong way nothing is intended offensively) why is it now, and only now that people have succumb to the realisation that these items are going to make players allot of in-game profit?

I've seen more than enough actions litterally for the notion of exploiting gameplay in FS that this is nothing new to me. If someone is stupid enough to drop 10k EP on a bluppity, then they deserve to have that EP taken from them, and kudos to the person who gets the ripoff deal of the game's history in their favor.

How does it make someone stupid to invest in an item that will likely be triple that price in a year to come? That's very smart if you ask me. Those players who missed the founder packs are using their incentive and getting hold of what they can before  the price skyrockets so high they can't afford one.

Selling a bluppity pet for 10kep would actually be a ripoff for the seller, that's way too low for an item that likely has less than 30 copies of itself still tradeable in the game

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#46 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 21:55

Founders items are discontinued it's something you (as a community) have to embrace. This doesn't mean you cannot get similarly awesome items in the future. A good example was the release of the Jolly Dragonling. An $8 pet similar, but so much cooler (unintentional pun) than the Red Dragonling which was worth $500. Plus HCS are open to suggestions for new items!

Edited by Neon, 30 January 2014 - 21:56.

a5kwtf.png

#47 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:15

To me this just shows the obvious beta player who is now peeved they didn't invest into founder packs.

Founder packs were on sale for a good few months and they made sure everyone knew about them.

If people are really going to start getting annoyed at the fact these items are now being sold for much more than the EP you actually obtained in a founder pack (which was expected) then all I can say is tough luck.

This could have easily been debated in beta, it was such an obvious thing to happen since they stated these items would be exclusive to the founder packs (only obtainable at that point in time). 

Tell me (not you directly Guite, and please don't take the post the wrong way nothing is intended offensively) why is it now, and only now that people have succumb to the realisation that these items are going to make players allot of in-game profit?

How does it make someone stupid to invest in an item that will likely be triple that price in a year to come? That's very smart if you ask me. Those players who missed the founder packs are using their incentive and getting hold of what they can before  the price skyrockets so high they can't afford one.

Selling a bluppity pet for 10kep would actually be a ripoff for the seller, that's way too low for an item that likely has less than 30 copies of itself still tradeable in the game

Just what part of "Exclusive" don't you get?????

They were Perks for "FOUNDERS" Has nothing to do with if the items are discontinued...

Point is IF others that didn't pay up to be a "FOUNDER" can have them then it is NOT Exclusive...  

So those that paid up to have "FOUNDER" status got Scammed... 

That is the Bottom LINE.....

#48 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:21

"An $8 pet similar, but so much cooler (unintentional pun) than the Red Dragonling which was worth $500. Plus HCS are open to suggestions for new items!"

^that would be a problem right there,you are assuming its general worth is over $500 at the start because it is in a $500 package,when the packages worth was a accumulative worth of all the individual/multiple items in it. By that logic,every single item in that pack or diamond would be worth $500 or 1k+ worth each,which actually isn't the case. you can feel free to charge whatever you may,but when it comes down to it,ALL further releases for "special" or "exclusive" items should be auto bound. To prevent a bad economy on this game,look at Runescape,and please try to tell me its any different. It's not and hopefully HCS does realize this before making further items as such.

Also,I don't agree with the scammed part,they are unique for that one sample that is obtained through only founder packs. These can be recreated under different names,colors,themes but are still unique. 

And to the one up there ^ saying it was oh so obvious of this,it is true it was obvious,but the insane rise on items so early can only stink of greed and manipulation. 

Edited by HuMoR, 30 January 2014 - 22:26.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#49 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:22

Just what part of "Exclusive" don't you get?????

They were Perks for "FOUNDERS" Has nothing to do with if the items are discontinued...

Point is IF others that didn't pay up to be a "FOUNDER" can have them then it is NOT Exclusive...  

So those that paid up to have "FOUNDER" status got Scammed... 

That is the Bottom LINE.....

You lost me at "J"..

Seriously this makes no sense.

HCS told us what was happening ahead of time, and we had months to act against their founder implementation idea. The thing is, everyone agreed that the system was great and now that others are becoming annoyed because they missed the chance at these items and the fact that others are showing interest in them is upsetting those who didn't invest or used their items without thinking. 

We got scammed? Haha that's new.

Edited by Neon, 30 January 2014 - 22:23.

a5kwtf.png

#50 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:27

"An $8 pet similar, but so much cooler (unintentional pun) than the Red Dragonling which was worth $500. Plus HCS are open to suggestions for new items!"

^that would be a problem right there,you are assuming its general worth is over $500 at the start because it is in a $500 package,when the packages worth was a accumulative worth of all the individual/multiple items in it. By that logic,every single item in that pack or diamond would be worth $500 or 1k+ worth each,which actually isn't the case. you can feel free to charge whatever you may,but when it comes down to it,ALL further releases for "special" or "exclusive" items should be auto bound. To prevent a bad economy on this game,look at Runescape,and please try to tell me its any different. It's not and hopefully HCS does realize this before making further items as such.

Please stop bringing up Runescape in these posts, I played the game so I know your name is also from there. I'm not stupid and I know how well their economy works. Runescape "rares" are party hats which were widely distributed across a larger playerbase free of charge. It took a good amount of years for them to accumulate a high price, they don't effect the game atall.

Again this is vanity, what effect does it have on the game? None. 

As I said above this is blatantly the cries of someone who is annoyed that they missed the chance at gaining large profit for a welcoming investment.

• Ben likes this

a5kwtf.png

#51 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:31

"Again this is vanity, what effect does it have on the game? None. 

As I said above this is blatantly the cries of someone who is annoyed that they missed the chance at gaining large profit for a welcoming investment."

Again,you seem to think i'm jealous of a invested founder pack? Sadly I have to inform you,i'm all but jealous,and really could care less of your founder pack items,tell me if i wanted it so bad for profit gains,why wouldn't I have bought any founder items yet? Also how do you know if im a founder or not? Have you viewed all my titles? Exactly....you make assumptions from your defense,which is invalid. You even know what these effects are on the game,and what they can do to new players who join the game,well...if you truly played RS you would know. Last thing someone trying to check out a F2P game wants to see is popping in and seeing things going for over $100+ on items that are "junk" "vanity" or as you like to put it "worthless items for sale"...

On that note I exit. 0 point in continuing.

Edited by HuMoR, 30 January 2014 - 22:40.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#52 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:40

"Again this is vanity, what effect does it have on the game? None. 

As I said above this is blatantly the cries of someone who is annoyed that they missed the chance at gaining large profit for a welcoming investment."

Again,you seem to think i'm jealous of a invested founder pack? Sadly I have to inform you,i'm all but jealous,and really could care less of your founder pack items,tell me if i wanted it so bad for profit gains,why wouldn't I have bought any founder items yet? Also how do you know if im a founder or not? Have you viewed all my titles? Exactly....you make assumptions from your defense,which is invalid. You even know what these effects are on the game,and what they can do to new players who join the game,well...if you truly played RS you would know. Last thing someone trying to check out a F2P game wants to see if popping in and seeing things going for over $100+ on items that are "junk" "vanity" or as you like to put it "worthless items for sale"...

No you're right I don't know if you're a founder or not, but from the way you're acting it is the casual cries of a sore loser who is gutted that they didn't take an opportunity when it arose. 

As for the Runescape comment again, I have played the game for a good 5 years+ to the maximum level (obviously I've quit now) and had a yellow partyhat among a few other lesser rares. I'm pretty sure I knew the community and "rare" trading within the game.

So you're telling me players are going to quit this game once they see vanity (which have absolutely no effect on the game) being sold for large amounts of in-game currency? Are you an expert in community behavior or are you also making assumptions?

Edited by Neon, 30 January 2014 - 22:42.

a5kwtf.png

#53 Linkondrugs

Linkondrugs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:43

Man guys let it go...

Edited by LinkonDrugs, 30 January 2014 - 22:43.

Gathering:

Crystal Cutting:  49  | Fishing:  49  | Forestry:  49  | Skinning:  49  | Farming:  49  Foraging:  49  | Prospecting:   49 |

Crafting:

Alchemy: 49  Cooking:  49  | Leatherworking:  49  | Weaponsmithing:  49  | Armorsmithing:  49  | Jewelry:  49  | Tailoring: 49

5,000+ Hours Logged, Closed Beta Player, Richest Merchant Around ;D

#54 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:44

Man guys let it go...

This is still pretty much on topic (apart from the runescape discussion.. yet again on these forums), and personally I'm in no way intending to be offensive. This is just a casual debate.

I'm sure if it derails off-topic too much HCS will lock it. :)

Edited by Neon, 30 January 2014 - 22:45.

a5kwtf.png

#55 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:54

Guys we can argue this until we are blue in the face, it will not do any good.

The fact is the Exclusive to Founder Pack items are discontinued, are here to stay and are not bound until learned/equipped or whatever, so can be traded.

A player can charge any price he likes for any item. Something that has little or no value to one player, will have huge value to another and that is a personal choice.

I am not ashamed to admit that I saw an opportunity and grabbed it with both hands, I planned this before release (I'm pretty sure Neon did too). I aimed to buy as many founder items as possible, from players who had no interest in pets, vanity etc. as I knew there would be a market for these items in the future, purely for the "rarity" factor if nothing else.

Would I pay 100k EP for a Pet and learn it myself? Never. That does not mean I do not understand and respect the fact that some players love these kind of things and will be prepared to pay a premium, that is their choice and idea of fun, so good luck to them in their collections.

I respect that some of you who have posted in this thread will not see this from my point of view, but I really do not see any problem with it. If someone wants to pay a premium to own a "shiny" that has no effect on gameplay, where is the harm in it? Please explain this to me if you can, as I really have no idea what is wrong with this.

Lets not turn this into a bashing war, it does no good to anyone.

#56 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 23:05

As the OP---all I wanted was new content in the packs.  I don't care about founder items, I really don't.  I don't care to make a profit on anything.  You want to charge a million USD for your bluppity? Great!  All it takes is one buyer and I'm sure there are collectors out there willing to pay that.

I want pretty, shiny, sparkly and preferably pink girly things.  That's important to me because I have an extra stem added to the "Y" part of my chromosomes.  I can't help it.  I like opening packs because it's like Christmas.  I've spent hundreds of dollars on packs because it makes me happy gifting things to other players.  I don't want a horn.  I don't want a feather headdress.  I don't need a new pet bluppity unless it breathes fire. I'm not jealous of founders.  I'm jealous of people that are on vacation in the Bahamas, to be honest.  

I also like to fight creatures, so don't assume because I'm attracted to the vanity things that that's what the game is about.  I also like to PvP and am trying to learn new strategies especially ones that beat the despair spammers.  I need my TR gear, throwing that out there, that if anyone wants my awesome ranger skills and company, I'd love to do some runs.  I volunteer as tribute!

I've never played Runescape, I have no clue what FS is, but I've played several other MMORPGs.  As a girl gamer, I face many challenges like being told to bake a cake, etc. when I ask to go on dungeon runs.  So far, this game has had the most respectful male gamers yet.  That is another story in itself of being a chick gamer in a male dominated game universe. (Oh the stories and pictures I could share...)

I hope you all enjoyed my artwork.  I think I chose the medical profession knowing I couldn't make it as a graphic artist.  

You down with OPP? Yeah, you know me.  B)

8TLwd.jpg

#57 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 23:16

Chelsea, I can see from the other posts you made further on in this thread that you are not specifically targeting Founder Items.

I think the problem is you titled this thread "Unrealistic Prices" and then asked for previously discontinued items to be added to the Champs Chest, you also used the example of a Founder Bluppity Pet @ 100k EP.

I think that is why this thread got a bit derailed and turned into a debate on what the word "Exclusive" means :)

No one is knocking your suggestion. I love the idea! I would like to see new chests though, rather than an item or two added to the current ones.

I think it would be cool if we keep the Chests we have now available for purchase (to stop all those items becoming rare and highly priced), but also add new chests that contain new vanity, emotes etc. for everyone to carry on building their collections.

More items for collectors, to collect. More items for traders, to trade. Keeps us all happy. :D

#58 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 23:25

Ok, title changed and I'm citizen arresting and locking this thread.  The end.  

8TLwd.jpg

#59 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 23:35

lol.

www.soundcloud.com/marrow-machines

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

#60 Kijjum

Kijjum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:37

Yes made it so the Founder packs were Trashed by Greedy players.. Real good for the game.. New players can buy 90% of founder "Exclusive" items.. I see that as a Major FAIL...HCS dropped the Ball BIG Time here....

I don't see it as a fail. I actually see it as a win.  :P If someone found this game late and was looking to spend money, then it's only fair if they could buy the founder items, because in a way they're still contributing to HCS by buying ep to purchase those items. Also, if someone wanted a "refund" for their items, or just see them as useless, they could sell them like anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: