Photo

Limit World Boss Groups to 10, to increase the challenge.

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2014 - 18:31

Some people will not like this, but it needs to be said.

World Boss combat is currently way too easy, there is no skill or real strategy involved, you just grab as many players as possible and if you have a couple of tanks/healers you smash it.

The whole point of World Bosses was to be a challenge, to test players skill levels etc. They were tested internally and balanced to be challenging to a group of 10 players. (HCS stated these facts on the forum).

If a group of 30 players could go and run TR would we find that acceptable? No, it would be silly, just like the World Boss runs currently are. :P

I suggest we limit the amount of players that can enter the World Boss area to 10 players (2 full groups), just like there is a limit of 5 for instance runs.

Just to clarify... the intention of World Bosses was to be a challenge for players of above average skill level, they were not meant to be killable easily by every player in the game. Due to this fact, World Bosses are kinda broken!

Currently anyone can turn up at a World Boss in a huge group, die ten times, play their trumpet, do a little dance, die ten more times and still be rewarded. That is stupid right? :D

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#2 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2014 - 18:44

Agree, I'm surprised it wasn't fixed after distinctly remembering a dev posted that these were meant for groups of 10.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#3 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2014 - 18:54

A better solution in my opinion would be to make them scale in power depending on how many players are present, I totally agree though and said since the first time we killed them. Bringing 30 people completely trivializes the fights, I don't think people realize how much more difficult some of these bosses are with 10 people.

If you want your content to last longer, one of the best ways of doing so is to make it harder.

#4 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 02 March 2014 - 19:11

I'm kind of on the fence with this one...  We currently have a couple of Templars, a few more Prophets, and a ton of everything else.  I just don't foresee the Templars and Prophets wanting to run groups through several times a week.  The drops just are good enough.

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#5 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2014 - 19:12

yes neon i remember a post from devs saying that 2 groups was the max, or something along those lines.

#6 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 02 March 2014 - 19:32

I'm kind of on the fence with this one...  We currently have a couple of Templars, a few more Prophets, and a ton of everything else.  I just don't foresee the Templars and Prophets wanting to run groups through several times a week.  The drops just are good enough.

Id run way more rWB runs as prophet if I knew I had higher chance for the Loot. And I would do that twice if I had a lvl 40 Templar char as well.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#7 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 19:47

Nice idea,

i had the opportunity to run the WB's yesterday with 30 odd people it was fairly over crowded i'm sure it was not an easy proposition for the healers to heal who weren't in their groups 10-15 max for world boss runs 

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#8 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 19:47

i'm also on the fence about this... i think people that cant organize leet groups should have a chance and that would require them to have more than 10 people.. world boss shouldn't just be for the top 5-10% elitists so idk.... 

however i do very much think we should be able to form 1 single big world boss group (10-15-20 members) and the world bosses be instanced so a bunch of randoms cant just come we've had a player come and agro boss early when tanks wasn't even there and no one was ready to try to wipe us before 

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#9 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 22:41

I agree that right now it is a joke.

I think there is 2 options.

Scaling.

Scale the difficulty and drops to the number of people. Make the WB harder to defeat in some way (just raising HP is not the only way to do this) and also scale the drops. Not in number, but make the drops better for smaller groups who decide to try it the way it was intended.

Group Limit

If this is put in place it would be great to force people to do it the hard way it was intended. There would need to be something in place like a timer though to see when the WBs are next available so you could form your groups up and get ready for them, on the current 1H spawn it could be annoying trying to get in there. The other option here is to have random spawn times with an announcement like in Fallensword for titans, and you would then have to form up quick to go get it.

Am in favour of making them more exciting either way though

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#10 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2014 - 22:42

Patch notes for world bosses say 10 (or more players)  and with not enough Templars and Prophets in the game I'm happy with how it is now.  This was the first week I was able to get into a group that completed all 5 bosses.  I don't think I want to have to beg to get into an 'elite' group just to do these runs.  The rewards aren't that good and are split up over so many players its just not worth it.  Here's the link for the patch notes when world bosses were released.

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=62813

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#11 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2014 - 22:43

If this is put in place it would be great to force people to do it the hard way it was intended. There would need to be something in place like a timer though to see when the WBs are next available so you could form your groups up and get ready for them, on the current 1H spawn it could be annoying trying to get in there. The other option here is to have random spawn times with an announcement like in Fallensword for titans, and you would then have to form up quick to go get it.

Am in favour of making them more exciting either way though

To be honest an hour timer and a week for the quest reward doesn't limit it atall. I've seen games where they have "world bosses" which take a week to respawn (1 kill per week) but they are extremely hard to kill.

a5kwtf.png

#12 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2014 - 23:28

i already can see an elite group doing WB all day long together and nobody else will have access to the 3 tanks ive seen doing world bosses... If you limit to 10 players to enter theres a lot of players who wont be able doing those bosses.

#13 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2014 - 23:55

True Maquiboy, the same players will have the same tanks and prophets and endlessly kill the bosses over and over again while others with the same level and skills but without the tanks and prophets stand on the sideline which causes another problem all together..... if you get what I mean.  I guess I just can't see how this helps or makes the bosses more or less legendary.  They are meant to be killed, but mostly they do still kill us even with massive numbers there to attempt them.  Organizing teams is very chaotic to begin with and when everyone is together waiting the constant banter and planning is sometimes annoying, that I try to ignore just to have a chance at a glimmering gem and a few gold coins (that I spend to repair from all my deaths).  There still aren't enough prophets in the game nor Templars ...  

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#14 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2014 - 00:00

This kind of content is not meant for a repetitive means of end-game gameplay rather than it's just a small addition to the things you can do at end-game.

There is no viable reason to farm the world bosses so those "elite" groups how you guys are putting it would do them once per week and be done with them (the groups wouldn't farm the bosses over and over to stop others doing them).

I'd much rather see the 10 person limit. When 10 players enter the world boss area (2 groups) the groups are merged into one group of 10 players all displayed on the screen.

This would make it easier on prophets but at the same time make the bosses as challenging as they should be.

/

Here are the flaws in the current system:

- Players can join and just afk their auto attack and then claim on the loot rather than fight to kill the boss before enrage.

- Level 39s and "under-geared" players can join and just hang back and be of little help (although help is not needed) since there are so many players.

- The world bosses were said to be for "experienced" players and those who seek a challenge.. right now it's just a slap in the face.

- With a larger playerbase we could see over 40 players joining a world boss and contribute nothing to the fight, roll on the loot and even steal loot if people greed.

Edited by Neon, 03 March 2014 - 00:04.

a5kwtf.png

#15 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 March 2014 - 00:28

It 'may' be a 'slap in the face' to you, to others it isn't such a walk in the park.  Find a way for HCS to encourage more Templars and Prophets then I might change my mind.  Otherwise no one will be able to do world bosses but the 3 Templars I know of and maybe you? lol  As for the people who come and hang back, that's their loss.  I would be for a damage ratio being the determining factor on loot though, however this would limit the Prophets ability to collect since they mostly heal during battle.  Lots of little flaws to consider, I'm just not sold on the 10 player limit....

But, I will suggest this... if YOU want it to be just 10 players then you have that option already... gather up 10 and let no one know you're going so others don't come interlope on your fun oh and I almost forgot 'your loot' too.

#16 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 March 2014 - 00:47

i already can see an elite group doing WB all day long together and nobody else will have access to the 3 tanks ive seen doing world bosses... If you limit to 10 players to enter theres a lot of players who wont be able doing those bosses.

Exactly. They can limit the team to 10 players, but there should be a cooldown for those that did do it, or give an instance that is on cooldown. I am not in favor of giving the 10 top players exclusive access to the world boss.

Furthermore, prophets that contribute to healing or damage resistance on any team member that attacked it should get to roll for the drop, without attacking it as well. This is an oversight that has robbed a few prophets of any chance at the loot.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 03 March 2014 - 00:54.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#17 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 March 2014 - 00:50

I am a prophet.  I rarely do the world bosses, due to the fact that. I have been in there when random people just show up, and pull agro. Wwe all wipe. I don't think they should limit it to just 10 people maybe 15 or even 20 for those that can't handle the big fights. But I do think that everyone should have to be in a group and that random people shouldn't be able to just walk in there, and get to be in on the loot. But I do know that before the last update that everyone had to fight the boss to get a chance at the loot. That is why I fight the bosses even though I am a healer. I want my fair chance at the loot, as I am sometimes dying just like everyone else. I think certain bosses should have more allowed and others have fewer allowed. Before the update I went into shade with 4 other people. We completed it as a group of 5. I never attacked the dragon and didn't get to roll on loot. 

Needed to add that when I was in a 5 man team was before the nerfed haste and all that

Edited by jeffslady, 03 March 2014 - 01:09.

#18 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:17

What if the WB was only attackable by clan members, and only the clan that controls trapper's atoll can attempt the WB? I know it's kind of a random thought, but I have seen this done well in other games. This would give a boost to PvP and create a purpose for trapper's atoll.

Repair costs when killed there should not exist though.

Also, the need for better boss drops woud evaporate, because it would be more about community activity and reveling in the accomplishment of owning territory.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 03 March 2014 - 01:18.

#19 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:20

What if the WB was only attackable by clan members, and only the clan that controls trapper's atoll can attempt the WB? I know it's kind of a random thought, but I have seen this done well in other games. This would give a boost to PvP and create a purpose for trapper's atoll.

Repair costs when killed there should not exist though.

Also, the need for better boss drops woud evaporate, because it would be more about community activity and reveling in the accomplishment of owning territory.

Then this would not be fair to those of us that don't pvp so that wouldn't work 

#20 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:24

You wouldn't need to PvP, your clan would. You could just show up to kill the world boss then.

Plus... How is world boss fair to those that don't do world boss? < Joke

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: