Photo

Limit World Boss Groups to 10, to increase the challenge.

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:51

It seems a few people would rather world bosses just being loot pinata's instead of having to put any effort into killing them.

Limiting them to 10 players with the current templar/prophet count would cause a negative impact, but my idea of the bosses scaling in power should absolutely be implemented. It is blatantly obvious to everyone who has killed them before that bringing more than 10 people as of current is breaking the encounters. This is end game group content, not hello kitty free loot adventure.

Edited by Malthrus, 03 March 2014 - 01:51.

#22 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:10

off topic a bit but i would really like to see more tactics added to the world bosses... aside from a few side attacks they are pretty much tank and spank.... 

was watching ESO streams and one of the bosses on it i thought would work really well here....

the boss spawns adds, the adds chain a random player down while a sword or other item was being slowely dropped on the player and if got to him it would kill him.  means players would have to stop what they was doing try to kill those add's before it killed the player... 

now with how things are set up here currently that wouldn't exactly work here but could modify it...

could have at random or certain times in the fight (either one) a snare or stun effect would take place on X% of players (around 50-75%) in the zone.. a defencive mob would spawn and be chanting to summon something to be dropped upon the snared party members, the mob that was spawned would be a random between 5 of so mobs each one would be resistant or even obsorb a certain damage type and/or heal/silence players and we'ld have to kill that mob to free the other players before they was killed. this could happen on tank, so we'ld lose tank for a while and/or healers so we'ld lose healers for a while. would really increase a tactical aspect to the boss...

some other thigns we could do...

like defiler or shade... could open a portal that  number of players could enter (to be set by staff) and kill mobs inside if they dont kill them in time the boss enrages and the mobs and players inside the portal are both thrown out of the portal back where the boss was... could change the mob types thats inside the portal each time so that each time the portal opens a different group of players would need to enter... this would need to be set so can be planned for though.. or  atleast a portal color for each mob type so we could see the color and know learn what mob type was inside to later know what to send....

zorzabar or what ever his name is.... i really think the fire floors should be changed.... isntead of fire damage make it any player caught in the fire floor for 2 seconds (time can be adjusted based on testing/staff prefrence) will be taken control of by Zorzabar and will attack us other players or heal the boss

one or two of the bosses could get a buff that "absorbs all damage taken" that would last 10-20 seconds. make it a 3 min CD so it could do it once every 3 mins or so.... 

i dont know if this would work but if direction/attack pathing is possible to track then could make it so one of the bosses have a shield starting on one side of him covering a portion of him on that side and all attacked that would hit the shield are reflected this shield would randomly move locations so we'ld constantly have to change locations so was hitting the boss not the shield... 

idk those are just a few things could come up with a LOT more if staff couldn't do or didn't like it

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#23 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:16

more challenging would be the best, but please just dont increase the HP. That is not more challenging, just time consuming!

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#24 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:26

You wouldn't need to PvP, your clan would. You could just show up to kill the world boss then.

Plus... How is world boss fair to those that don't do world boss? < Joke

but not every clan will pvp and I didn't say I don't do world bosses I just said I don't do them so much as I hate running with some players that like to rush in and cause a wipe instead of waiting for the tank to get agro

#25 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:30

I knew this suggestion would not appeal to everyone.  :D

The point I am trying to make really, is that there is currently nothing in the game that rewards "good" players over those who can not work out little things, like fire burns you! There has to be something to let players stand out from the crowd in PvE or really there is no point making the effort to learn combat mechanics etc.

World Bosses have zero appeal to me in the current format, because there is nothing special about being able to kill them. Everyone, even those who die 20 times can kill them. What is the point?  :P

Let me say though, I consider myself an average player and there is nothing in the game to challenge me currently. I am trying to think long term so I hope that if WB are not changed then something is added that not everyone can steam through with ease.

I hope the planned instances that are meant to be scaled up in difficulty, are actually difficult and give unique loot etc. so at least then a skillful player will get some sort of reward for being "better" than the rest of us. Even if I can not defeat those difficult instances, I would much rather that than them be just another easily obtainable by everyone and their cat content.

There is no real way of saying this without sounding like a dick, so I will just say it...

We need something to separate the Men from the Boys! and if your not good enough then TOUGH. (yes I am the boy in that statement, but at least I will have something to challenge me) :D

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#26 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:54

We are interested in challenges and excitement every time , it gets boring if it has the same mechanic . Would be so good to see adds coming randomly , more random effects like it silences everyone for 5 secs , something like that . 

A sense of surprise while doing every WB will be good !

Fire in the zorskar area was nice , could u make it come randomly rather than from the start ? And some effects like getting trapped as a group for 5 seconds randomly (many mechanics now only affect the tank )

Edited by hussey, 03 March 2014 - 11:57.

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#27 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:58

Lol randomly generated bosses, I wonder how that would work out :)

#28 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:59

lol no i didnt mean randomly spawning bosses , just mean some new surprise every time rather than to just heal /taunt / dps .

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#29 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:04

Yeah but that would be even cooler! Uses a random monster model, maybe you'd get a giant squirrel boss :D

#30 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:37

I'm looking forward to the Giant Plagued Bunnies in Spring :ph34r:

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#31 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:43

More complicated boss mechanics please! :D :D

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#32 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 03 March 2014 - 13:03

Give a WB a no resurrect buff. Make deaths vs a particular WB permanent till end of fight. If you die no loot.

That would punish people a bit more and work harder.

TBH haven't thought through that at all, about to go to bed and posted, meh

When lvl 50 is here

#33 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:41

Give a WB a no resurrect buff. Make deaths vs a particular WB permanent till end of fight. If you die no loot.

That would punish people a bit more and work harder.

TBH haven't thought through that at all, about to go to bed and posted, meh

thanks Ernzor. Templars are dying on every WB so no mores loot for tanks!!! another good reason to not be Tank!

#34 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:03

thanks Ernzor. Templars are dying on every WB so no mores loot for tanks!!! another good reason to not be Tank!

if everyone does their job well, everyone should stay alive, its a balance game.

Like I said, not on every WB just one of them to make it a bit harder/more interesting and exciting.

When lvl 50 is here

#35 Squeeps

Squeeps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:43

I'm with Mongo on this.

I ran a set of world bosses with the following group:

6x level 40s with full TR gear (2x tanks, 2x prophets, 2x dps, myself included)

6-8x level 40s with worse gear

3-5x level 39s

1x level 38

1x level 37

I have serious issues with losing out on loot to a level 37, who only has a 30% chance to hit, spends 80% of the fight dead, and actually has a negative impact on the team because a level 40 wastes a ton of time constantly resurrecting them.

A 10 man group limit would mean people stop summoning in their under-levelled or under-geared friends. World bosses are supposed to be the current end-game content (i.e. after TR), not the anyone above level 35 content.

Edited by Squeeps, 04 March 2014 - 08:50.

Visit my shop and level 40 tailoring service: http://forums.hunted...showtopic=61906

#36 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:56

they changed zorsk?   healed himself twice on our run today

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

#37 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:10

Support.

I probably won't get a team if it does get changed but I don't really care, listening to people bitch at people trying their best is annoying as F**k.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#38 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:10

I think if ya all want a challenge then go in with less people don't need to make it to where everyone can't do it and what happens when someone starts the fight before the tank is ready then the healers die or the tank dies I love this game and am really tired of seeing people whine it isn't hard enough I am not a guy I am a lady and I want everyone to be able to enjoy every bit of the game if ya need to be challenged like I said go in with smaller teams don't try and have it to where everyone can't enjoy the game and all it has to offer

#39 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:51

I'm really hoping for improved world boss (and normal boss) mechanics in the new levels. A portion where the boss enrages and warps around for a few seconds and we have to run like mad. Or a portion where we have to dodge a bunch of bolts. Etc. Time spent does not equal difficulty. 

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#40 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2014 - 15:57

well if ya feel the need to have the boss go crazy then let him enrage by not doing enough damage to where his timer runs out please just quit trying to get it to where they make the game so hard that not everyone can enjoy every bit of game content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: