51 replies to this topic

#21 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:22

Also i apologize if i am coming off as a bit harsh, I just find it wildly mind blowing that somebody would suggest let alone get support for BONUS EXP FOR A CLASS? You've got to be kidding me!!! Everybody cries for balance and now we are suggesting bonus exp for a class? *facepalm*

Not harsh at all bro, this is a forum and you are expressing your oppinion that is why the forum exists.

Still i am not a tank but this would actualy give a balance between classes for example mongo was DPS and he was the first to reach level 45 then if tanks had not respeced to warrior he would have to wait even more time for a complete party for the new dungeons, that is not balance between classes well that is my opinnion, still as a prophet i do not have the possibility to aoe as well a mage but i do have survivability i still kill moderatly well, as i had +1000dps at level 40, but a tank at level 40 should have around 800dps so he should take a few seconds more to kill a mob with +millions xp to level up this seconds count a bit, so ppl do respec to mage from prophet and warrior from tank, this is  a forced 250 ep if your cooldown is up...

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#22 FrostyDro

FrostyDro

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:32

Not harsh at all bro, this is a forum and you are expressing your oppinion that is why the forum exists.

Still i am not a tank but this would actualy give a balance between classes for example mongo was DPS and he was the first to reach level 45 then if tanks had not respeced to warrior he would have to wait even more time for a complete party for the new dungeons, that is not balance between classes well that is my opinnion, still as a prophet i do not have the possibility to aoe as well a mage but i do have survivability i still kill moderatly well, as i had +1000dps at level 40, but a tank at level 40 should have around 800dps so he should take a few seconds more to kill a mob with +millions xp to level up this seconds count a bit, so ppl do respec to mage from prophet and warrior from tank, this is  a forced 250 ep if your cooldown is up...

I read and understand your whole point on how this may be frustrating, but this is also where the balance is created. There is going to be less tanks as tank's are group players, and dungeons are currently the only group activity. More people are doing stuff on their own, or just want to level and therefore are other classes. This is were you must make your choice and this creates balance. You chose to be a prophet, so you sacrafice DPS to be more of a team/group oriented player. You need DPS and Tanks, and DPS and tanks need you. The fact that people currently recruit prophets, DPS, and TANKS for dungeons proves that their currently is balance. And each class grades differently on solo capabilities. For example, a level 15 warrior can surely kill enemies and mobs faster, but would he be able to solo boondocks? A level 15 templar could solo boondocks with high defense and healing, but can't kill enemies as fast and has lower damage. It all depends on what you want to focus on, and this is where the balance lies.

EDIT : SUMMED UP IN ONE STATEMENT: 250 ep is the cost to want to excel at 2 different parts of the game, group and solo.(AT ANY TIME)

Edited by FrostyDro, 08 April 2014 - 09:38.

#23 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:59

Case closed.

Cool.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#24 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:14

Put ingame heavy armor set just for tanks with increased vit and armor, durability but less meele, and make less durability loss just for tank armor

#25 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:48

Put ingame heavy armor set just for tanks with increased vit and armor, durability but less meele, and make less durability loss just for tank armor

Why? I am making profit as tank. I honestly do not see a problem. :blink:

• Ben likes this

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#26 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:06

Well your opinion is sort of biased mongo here is why ;) you have only been tanking for a day,so you haven't tanked for any of 1-40 and haven't attempted or seen the actual struggle of leveling as a templar from the start. You grinded 1-45 as a warrior on mobs and only start making good profit at said lvl, so you won't see the problem :D (you could say...oh but my alt char is a templar! but..its not the same as you just duo'd with zook the entire way and shared off on stuff and didnt get that char all the way up)

Back to the OP

Tanks need this in order to be more desirable,it's obvious there are problems with the templar class and that's why there is always a lack of them.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#27 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:35

Well your opinion is sort of biased mongo here is why ;) you have only been tanking for a day,so you haven't tanked for any of 1-40 and haven't attempted or seen the actual struggle of leveling as a templar from the start. You grinded 1-45 as a warrior on mobs and only start making good profit at said lvl, so you won't see the problem :D (you could say...oh but my alt char is a templar! but..its not the same as you just duo'd with zook the entire way and shared off on stuff and didnt get that char all the way up)

Back to the OP

Tanks need this in order to be more desirable,it's obvious there are problems with the templar class and that's why there is always a lack of them.

I have levelled a tank solo to 29 now, Its great, I love it.... your next argument please?

#28 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:36

solo aye? As I recall helping it lvl and you said you lvled even up with zook to 25.....your next argument please?  most people raising templars aren't having assistance like that.

(I recall me and chels carrying you through those dungeons because of the fact that you couldn't do it..)

Edited by HuMoR, 08 April 2014 - 12:38.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#29 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:39

solo aye? As I recall helping it lvl and you said you lvled even up with zook to 25.....your next argument please?  most people raising templars aren't having assistance like that.

Not that alt. *edited for bad language

Edited by l3fty, 08 April 2014 - 14:24.
Bad language

#30 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:45

Exactly that alt,and you keep targeting esso even after he got in trouble and I am not friends with him :)

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#31 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:54

I played tank in Beta, had no problem at all. My build was different from todays builds tho. So i did single target leveling. It was slow to level up. But I NEVER had problem with gold. And as long as I did all quests I had not much need to grind eithet.

So whats the problem?

The XP differnece from Beta and now isnt that big either. As they recently buffed quests.

Edited by Zook, 08 April 2014 - 12:54.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#32 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:58

They only buffed quests back up to what they were in beta,so its the same unless you are spending on xp boosters which isn't worth doing for templars. The problem here is there are too many cons to the templar class then there are pros and its a non desirable class, facts speak for itself when there are such low population of templars in the game for this reason.

Edited by HuMoR, 08 April 2014 - 12:59.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#33 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 13:07

Mongo and Zook i can't speak by my personal experience, but from friends of mine levelling tanks is harder then any other class. and that reflects on amount of tanks normally online, if it was fun and rewarding we would see way more tanks online.

Also this post is a request to give tanks more love, not about esso and what he did it was bad but this post is not about this.

Edited by Susej, 08 April 2014 - 13:10.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#34 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 13:10

I have never played tank besides mage/prophet gear with templar build for pvp so I have no idea what's the good/bad about it. However, from the tanks I know they complain about high repair costs, how impossible it is to solo farm gold it is, etc. and a tank is only as good as the healer that's with them.
Also I can't quote on mobile but @Mongo please do not use offensive slurs and language towards your fellow players especially in a serious thread. It is incredibly immature and makes you look stuck up and on a high horse.

#35 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 08 April 2014 - 13:21

Mongo and Zook i can't speak by my personal experience, but from friends of mine levelling tanks is harder then any other class. and that reflects on amount of tanks normally online, if it was fun and rewarding we would see way more tanks online.

Also this post is a request to give tanks more love, not about esso and what he did it was bad but this post is not about this.

Do all quests and its the almost the same as any other class doing all quests. But yeah its harder/slower to level (read grind out last xp of a level), just like prophet.
I dont really see a reason to give more XP or less repairs tho. Even tho some Bonus System for putting an X amount of talents in a tree would give Less Dura Loss (templar tree), seems really nice.
What I would love to see for a Templar tho is another ability to use.

Edited by Zook, 08 April 2014 - 13:23.

91ig7l.png

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#36 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 13:27

Do all quests and its the almost the same as any other class doing all quests. But yeah its harder/slower to level (read grind out last xp of a level), just like prophet.
I dont really see a reason to give more XP or less repairs tho. Even tho some Bonus System for putting an X amount of talents in a tree would give Less Dura Loss (templar tree), seems really nice.
What I would love to see for a Templar tho is another ability to use.

It's not about giving templars more flashier abilities, imo. It's about making templars more desirable so we don't have this huge problem with lack of templars,the way it is now won't change with bigger population it will be a same problem for that much more people due to no one enjoying being a templar and having too many cons.

Edited by HuMoR, 08 April 2014 - 13:29.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#37 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 08 April 2014 - 13:30

It's not about giving templars more flashier abilities, imo. It's about making templars more desirable so we don't have this huge problem with lack of templars,the way it is now won't change with bigger population it will be a same problem for that much more people due to no one enjoying being a templar and having too many cons.

It pretty much only has one Con imo
Thats slowest grinding in game. And yeah that gives a slight higher repair cost.
An extra ablity to use for damage, aoe or single target could be awesome. Also give more options for builds.

91ig7l.png

#38 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 13:37

I do partially agree wth the exp boost for templars to a extent not game breakingly fast though because that would remove challenge,although i do wish to see a talent for 2-3 points in templar tree to reduce durability loss on a heavy support set.

If a exp system was set up i'd say maybe 20% extra tops though tbh. as it speeds it up a bit but doesnt make it as fast as AOe's and such by other classes grinding,but still decent enough.

Heavy armors should be split into heavy assault and heavy support and light armors into light assault and light support for prophs and mages just like the weapon sets were.

Edited by HuMoR, 08 April 2014 - 13:44.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#39 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 13:44

Templars don't need an XP boost of any sort, I agree with some sort of talent for durability though since repairs are so high. Maybe something else such as another AoE (someone in a dungeon I was running with last night suggested Templars have another AoE skill/taunt)
Maybe the bloodbath talent be increased a slight bit?

Edited by l3fty, 08 April 2014 - 14:38.
removing off topic segment

#40 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 13:46

Easy solution: add an active talent to Templar tree that requires 20 points in tree to reach, talent would reduce ARMOR damage by 25% (e.g. does not reduce damage to vitality, just armor). Make it last 60 seconds with a 90 second cool down. Locate in the open space center of row 7 of Templar talent tree (next to Empathy).

This provides no offensive advantage to tank, but does reduce the cost of running a tank. Because tank is the only class that is designed to attract attacks, thus incurs the most armor damage which is expensive. Yes, groups can reimburse tank for costs but they rarely do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: