#41 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 13:47

Easy solution: add an active talent to Templar tree that requires 20 points in tree to reach, talent would reduce ARMOR damage by 25% (e.g. does not reduce damage to vitality, just armor). Make it last 60 seconds with a 90 second cool down. Locate in the open space center of row 7 of Templar talent tree (next to Empathy).

This provides no offensive advantage to tank, but does reduce the cost of running a tank. Because tank is the only class that is designed to attract attacks, thus incurs the most armor damage which is expensive. Yes, groups can reimburse tank for costs but they rarely do so.

That was exactly what i said on page 2 X D Good that others agree on it though,repairs get quite costly.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#42 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 08 April 2014 - 13:50

Yes, groups can reimburse tank for costs but they rarely do so.

That is probably the best way to solve this.
But then as you say, that rarely happens.

Would be great if teams would accept tanks to need on 1 or 2 items in a run to cover repairs, if noone else needs that item.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#43 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 13:51

That is probably the best way to solve this.
But then as you say, that rarely happens.

Would be great if teams would accept tanks to need on 1 or 2 items in a run to cover repairs, if noone else needs that item.

only problem is greedy people and then others who refuse to use the system as it is.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#44 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 08 April 2014 - 13:55

only problem is greedy people and then others who refuse to use the system as it is.

yeah i guess.
In the long run and for the game itself a Talent to reduce Dura loss woul be good.

91ig7l.png

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#45 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 14:25

This forum / in game slagging, and abuse from different parties has to stop NOW, we are a small team, do you want us to develop the game or waste our time disciplining you guys on the forum?

Moving forward we'll be issuing mutes to people who we deem are not communicating to a certain standard which will block you from communication in-game and any further issues will result in suspensions.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#46 FrostyDro

FrostyDro

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 15:37

Do all quests and its the almost the same as any other class doing all quests. But yeah its harder/slower to level (read grind out last xp of a level), just like prophet.

Exactly. Of course it's harder to level. As i've been saying the whole time, templar is a defensive player. If you want to level up fast then be a warrior.

#47 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 08 April 2014 - 15:59

Do all quests and its the almost the same as any other class doing all quests. But yeah its harder/slower to level (read grind out last xp of a level), just like prophet.

Exactly. Of course it's harder to level. As i've been saying the whole time, templar is a defensive player. If you want to level up fast then be a warrior.

Slow and hard isnt the same thing tho.
I dont think its  hard at all, cos its not. Just slow to grind when you have to. Quests usually takes care of that

91ig7l.png

#48 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 08 April 2014 - 23:17

Nothing to do with balance or making Tanks OP, the point is still to make Tanks more fun to play, and hopefully get more people to spec into the Templar talent tree. 

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#49 FrostyDro

FrostyDro

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 23:28

Nothing to do with balance or making Tanks OP, the point is still to make Tanks more fun to play, and hopefully get more people to spec into the Templar talent tree. 

Your giving a class an advantage, how does that NOT HAVE TO DO WITH BALANCE? Your talking about giving 1 class double experience/reduced repair costs and nothing to the others. That ruins the balance already present.

Edited by FrostyDro, 08 April 2014 - 23:29.

#50 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:42

Your giving a class an advantage, how does that NOT HAVE TO DO WITH BALANCE? Your talking about giving 1 class double experience/reduced repair costs and nothing to the others. That ruins the balance already present.

Templars take the most damage and therefore have the highest repair cost.  How is that balanced?  Perhaps you should spend some more time playing the game...

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#51 proffej

proffej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:40

If tanks are so great and everyone says there easy to play there would be more of them, and they would be up on leader board, wait they dont aoe for  the world of them and yes we can hold large mobs but when it takes minutes to kill just one thing its not fair   also   hold all mobs when other mobs are  running up as there so sensitive on it   and for   peets sake lock the potion bar please more death  from that then needed !!!!!!!!!  I think tanks need some love as well i been a tank  for over a year and look at the leader board where are the tanks   then say we are fair lol  and  like to see dev  posting on here rather then the general  opionons of other's  that  think  its cool to be tank   this game is being run unfairly  to the over all player,  and it needs to stop

Edited by proffej, 09 April 2014 - 04:02.

#52 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:12

If tanks are so great and everyone says there easy to play there would be more of them, and they would be up on leader board, wait they dont aoe for  the world of them and yes we can hold large mobs but when it takes minutes to kill just one thing its not fair   also   hold all mobs when other mobs are  running up as there so sensitive on it   and for   peets sake lock the potion bar please more death  from that then needed !!!!!!!!!  I think tanks need some love as well i been a tank  for over a year and look at the leader board where are the tanks   then say we are fair lol  and  like to see dev  posting on here rather then the general  opionons of other's  that  think  its cool to be tank   this game is being run unfairly  to the over all player,  and it needs to stop

yes I agree tanks need more love but so do the prophets I am a prophet because I like helping people Proffej is a tank for the same reason and yes he respecced to warrior to lvl to 45 but he switched back as soon as I said we need him to help with a boss fight in the azraq desert the potion bar needs to be locked so that your potion don't come off the bar when your in combat because it has caused a ton of deaths due to the fact that either the tank or the healer can't drink that mana pot or that health pot because it came off the bar if healer dies coud cause wipe if tank dies could cause wipe so there for if ya want dungeons to be group things both healers and tanks need love healers need haste for their cooldowns your answer to that was to nerf our haste and make our cooldowns longer you say it was to offset stats from the gear well how will we get the gear if we can't find tanks to run the dungeons answer we won't

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: