#41 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2014 - 00:15

How much difference will the additional 30 attribute points and level 50 gear make on the haste issue?  It may be by level 50 the problem won't be so severe.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#42 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:47

Or it could be worse cus dont forget  as you level up you loose stats including haste.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#43 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2014 - 14:21

As for sapphires being "too weak", compared to emeralds/topaz/ambers, sapphires have +20 more healing power / level.  And the formula to derive healing/second is the same as that to compute damage/second for offensive spells.  You don't see dps complaining that "emeralds are too weak, they only boost my overall damage by 2%".  Dps classes have the same available haste rolls available to them, but you don't see them clinging to old BT gear because their spells do not have as long a cooldown as prophet spells.  But even so, you can see some people choosing to use haste rolls over attack power/damage rolls before upgrading to fabled gear.

Actually this isn't really the case...even those useless crit gems people dont use due to lack of % gains...i can even show basic math of a absolute garn being more effective then a perfect sapphire. 

Abs garn= 40 crit rating. lvl 45 crit rating of abs garn is roughly 4.83-4.84 right? (.121 crit per point) =.5 dps per 1%=2.42%dps.....and that's just a crappy garnet at 1/2 the effectiveness of a ruby/emerald/topaz so you have sapphires at even less then that at a perfect state making them 1/3 the effectiveness of the other gems of offensive classes. (.42% more general effectiveness then a perfect sapphire)

so,yes sapphires need a buff and this is the reasoning its effectiveness is minimal in comparison to other gems.

Edited by HuMoR, 11 June 2014 - 14:28.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#44 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 15:05

Max attack power boost from talents/buffs/attack potion

NOT INCLUDING TEMPORARY BOOSTS like starlight from mage tree

Templar 38% (18% from warrior passive, 10% warrior buff, 10% attack potion)

Warrior 58% (18% from warrior passive, 20% offensive stance, 10% warrior buff, 10% attack potion)

Heavy Sin w/ stance 67% (9% from sin passive, 18% from warrior passive, 20% offensive stance, 10% warrior buff, 10% attack potion)

Heavy Sin w/o stance 47% (9% from sin passive, 18% from warrior passive, 10% warrior buff, 10% attack potion)

Medium Sin 29% (9% from sin passive, 10% warrior buff, 10% attack potion)

Dual wield Ranger 44% (15% ranger passive, 9% sin passive, 10% warrior buff, 10% attack potion)

Shield Ranger 35% (15% ranger passive, 10% warrior buff, 10% attack potion)

Mage 35% (15% mage passive, 10% warrior buff, 10% attack potion)

Prophet 20% (10% prophet passive, 10% warrior buff) ~ Healing potion do not stack with sorcery potions, and those are clearly better

This translates to an attack power boost and dps (or hps for prophets) of radiant rank 9 melee/ranged/spell/heal power gem:

Templar 38% - 720.36 - 39.25 dps per radiant amber

Warrior 58% - 824.76 - 44.95 dps per radiant amber

Heavy Sin w/ stance 67% - 871.74 - 47.51 dps per radiant amber

Heavy Sin w/o stance 47% - 767.34 - 41.82 dps per radiant amber

Medium Sin 29% - 673.38 - 36.70 dps per radiant amber

Dual wield Ranger 44% - 751.68 - 40.96 dps per radiant emerald

Shield Ranger 35% - 704.7 - 38.40 dps per radiant emerald

Mage 35% - 704.7 - 38.40 dps per radiant emerald

Prophet 20% - 650.4 - 35.44 heal/sec per radiant sapphire

Instead of a boost in sapphire, maybe make the passive healing power boost in prophet tree 15% (up from 10%) in line with other classes, and make healing potions stackable with sorcery ones (attack potions are stackable, I don't understand why healing potions are not).  That would give more stacking healing power boosts to sapphires.  

#45 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2014 - 18:59

you then go back to the point of forcing builds to benefit usage. This shouldn't be a requirement. I did it based off just the general stats which shows general effectiveness. The game doesn't need more limiting it needs more freedom. its raw effectiveness in comparison is very far from the rest and far behind. It needs a buff not the surrounding abilities of the build itself. 

Gems should all be on equal ground for its usage,when one lacks that then causes a imbalance,at the moment the healing power gem doesn't have close to the general stat gains from the offensive or even the defensive gems. Buff it and nerf haste rolls and implement haste gems. easiest fix.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#46 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:05

If the sapphires would be buffed, other classes would probably use them to get a effective cautherize. More tanks would get sapphires to be able to heal without spending points in sorc. 

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#47 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:31

If the sapphires would be buffed, other classes would probably use them to get a effective cautherize. More tanks would get sapphires to be able to heal without spending points in sorc. 

Not if sappires get you a %more of healing power and not a set amount

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#48 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 15:45

I don't think haste needs a nerf I don't rely on just to spells to heal I use every healing spell I have  I don't want to see anymore nerfs if anything they should be boosting the pure classes up to compete with the hybreds after all the say we have the freedom of build so make it so we are all equal but don't nerf us it just makes us all mad and want to quit

#49 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 22:19

I don't think haste needs a nerf I don't rely on just to spells to heal I use every healing spell I have  I don't want to see anymore nerfs if anything they should be boosting the pure classes up to compete with the hybreds after all the say we have the freedom of build so make it so we are all equal but don't nerf us it just makes us all mad and want to quit

Dont nerf hybrids i am prophet/mage plz leave us alone.

Though they could add a new gem for haste AND BUFF SAPPIRES i prefer to use a glim ruby on my essence then a supreme sappire.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#50 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 22:28

Dont nerf hybrids i am prophet/mage plz leave us alone.

Though they could add a new gem for haste AND BUFF SAPPIRES i prefer to use a glim ruby on my essence then a supreme sappire.

agreed,leave hybs alone. Buff single build classes with end lvl talents in the tree.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#51 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 June 2014 - 00:54

I said don't nerf anyone I don't want anymore nerfs all they do is make players mad and some then rage quit just boost the others up by adding something high in the talent tree for the pure or close to pure classes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: