71 replies to this topic

#1 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 22:35

If I were a new player to Eldevin, I would be extremely hesitant to say anything on world chat.  There's so much aggression between players at times it's not even funny.  We have a small community and the aggression displayed on world chat is appalling.  

It's not a matter of "turn on your swear chat filter" or "just report it" type of thing.  At times it's extremely harsh language, offensive name calling, etc.  

It would be nice to have chat moderators for when HCS is dreaming comfortably in their beds.  US server at night can be an ugly place in world chat.  I hate seeing others being called "fags" or "retards."  I cringe whenever arguments breakout and I see the word f**k more times than a prison movie.  It makes for a very hostile environment.

I feel that seeing world chat is a huge turn off for new players.  If we had chat moderators a lot of the abusive language would be stopped. 

Just my opinion, it tends to get overlooked a lot, lol.  :P

435.gif

8TLwd.jpg

#2 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 23:08

Been suggested a few times.

Here is my suggestion a while back

Would like to hear from HCS on this...

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#3 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 21 June 2014 - 23:42

Basic mute, Condtion need be applyed before hand as well.

In game report function vs - Click Support - file report

In game, Right click Player pop up report option - click one send report.

Basic report 10 report = mute.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#4 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 23:59

I agree if that's going on a lot there should be some kind of in game mods.

in one mmo when I first played they had volunteer mods, they were actual players who went through some kind of screening and could be acting mods for certain hours and days of the week.

They still have mods for the game that are official and also had a different process years later for it but hired ( think these are unpaid mods but not sure) others to be mods for the game and forums.

you had to apply for this and ofc have some kind of training for it ( no idea what that was).  

unfortunatly this wasn't always effective but they have a TOS policy and players could report this behavior ( there were certain criteria this fell under).

however having a mod in game wasn't always effective if you couldn't find them but you could send in a ticket ( just had to take an ss of the chat and explain the situation etc.) and for the most part it was taken care of.

depending on the situation could be a first warning with a few day to week ban to longer.

might not be the worst thing but would get the point across that offensive shizzle like that wasn't going to be tolerated.  if it continued with that player then they did risk a perm ban if reported again (with proof of the convo ofc).

usually the larger the community the more likely you see this kind of thing because some players think just because they can't be seen and no one knows who they really are it's a free for all for rude, bad and mean behavior.

we think to often it's just mostly teens or kids but unfortunately even adults sometimes just have no common sense lol.

I personally haven't seen a lot of this in eldevin since I joined but maybe once or twice I may have caught a back and forth convo in world chat about something .

while back a comment was thrown at me when I was just chatting with others there and for no reason but guess he just was looking to be rude to someone.  I didn't even know this person or ever talked to him before in game so it was pretty stupid.

I didn't really get all bent out of shape about it at the time and it was only that one time.  I figured was a player having a bad day or just being stupid at the time.

but I agree, I met several new players lately ( and  i'm on all sorts of random times and roam around all servers depending on what i'm doing or mood i'm in) and I'd like to see them give the game a chance based on the game and what they see as a small but friendly and chill community and not feel turned off and leave before they give it a chance because of stuff like that.

I've seen soooo much worse in other games but maybe they didn't start out that way either so I hope players chill out or take it to private chat and hash it out there if need be. 

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#5 Alphamale

Alphamale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 00:00

Good Idea but you might want to add.

Quitting thread or Farewell thread or even both in your tittle of the suggestion. This way you're sure HCS will read it and actually read it soon.

Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes, Lex Talionis

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? - William shakespeare

/Glenn aka Alphadouche

#6 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 00:22

The chat is the last thing that would turn players away from this game.

Even if there is arguing and consistent use of bad language it at-least shows that the chat is active and people are talking.

As for mods they will only bring power hunger, especially with such a small play-base.

If people are getting offended by the chat they can always ignore/use the swear filter.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#7 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 00:29

Even if there is arguing and consistent use of bad language it at-least shows that the chat is active and people are talking.

As for mods they will only bring power hunger, especially with such a small play-base.

If people are getting offended by the chat they can always ignore/use the swear filter.

I have to say that's truly a naive statement.
Especially since like 6 or 7 people in the past week alone just started and have already quit due to it.
A active chat in the wrong reason is more harmful then the unexplored content the game holds.  Also, no chat mod ability in the wrong hands causes power hunger. It works for more games then you know. I myself would not want to be a chat mod,but i can say it is needed so players who are active don't have to continually deal with the harassment and negativity from other players. To say ignore and use swear filter is just a joke...as one we are limited on ignore lists and also swear filter is voided by 90% of roundabout words...>_> thought you knew that. 

Voting for chat mods as that's the only way things will get done with this problem.

Edit:grammar

Edited by HuMoR, 22 June 2014 - 00:35.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#8 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 00:35

I literally saw someone wanting to buy something, similar to "WTB lithistle logs" or whatever and got "WTS shut the f**k up." How is this good for the game??

8TLwd.jpg

#9 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 00:39

I literally saw someone wanting to buy something, similar to "WTB lithistle logs" or whatever and got "WTS shut the f**k up." How is this good for the game??

That is bad i already was a mod in game and that would give him 5-10min of WC silence.

and its bad cause those lithisle logs would be for a quest.

Edited by Susej, 22 June 2014 - 00:40.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#10 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 00:40

The ignore one is good but you cant go out ignoring everyone and play a MMO you will cut your own hands doing that especially with SUCH A SMALL COMUNNITY.

Regards.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#11 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 00:56

I couldn't pay attention due to the cute kitty <3

run that by me once again

The world is cruel...as will I....

#12 reinedor

reinedor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:02

I agree that world chat has become more of a problem recently....

Sure, I ignore it. I switch over to general or group chat, or spam wc with whispers. But that's not really a solution either and it actively hurts the community. Since I never look at wc anymore, I miss people requesting help with dungeons, quest items, and questions about the game.

And the awfulness of world chat doesn't affect just new players. Many end gamers have said they stay for the community. World chat is one of the most apparent representations of said community. I've had friends tell me they want to quit or are quitting specifically because they're disheartened by what they see in wc these days.

So +1 to taking steps to address the problem.

#13 Alphamale

Alphamale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:05

I agree that world chat has become more of a problem recently....

Sure, I ignore it. I switch over to general or group chat, or spam wc with whispers. But that's not really a solution either and it actively hurts the community. Since I never look at wc anymore, I miss people requesting help with dungeons, quest items, and questions about the game.

And the awfulness of world chat doesn't affect just new players. Many end gamers have said they stay for the community. World chat is one of the most apparent representations of said community. I've had friends tell me they want to quit or are quitting specifically because they're disheartened by what they see in wc these days.

So +1 to taking steps to address the problem.

One of those: Can't be arsed hearing all the drama on daily basis.

Only reason that keeps me around is the players and the community and this game is making me lose both here.

Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes, Lex Talionis

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? - William shakespeare

/Glenn aka Alphadouche

#14 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:17

all this drama is caused due to plasma lord and trappers atoll :(

#15 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:12

all this drama is caused due to plasma lord and trappers atoll :(

It's not even those 2,I've made this exact thread before and so has Ern,and now that people are seeing what was predicted before people are realizing it needs to be done,because over half the time people are just doing whatever they want,acting out however they want and harassing people constantly with no punishment. This isn't a attack at hcs but they have no reinforcing going on when they aren't online and the way it is they cant be on more then half the time. tickets sure can get them a warning or slap on the wrist a few times before a issue gets a semi resolve,but it isn't forceful enough tbh. That type of leniency is what gives people the false deity complex and lets the problem continue until it is boiled over and is a giant mess. Can't be that way anymore because it is causing what little is left to leave,yeah people dont want to hear it but its the truth people quitting due to all the negativity. People come onto this game to relax and enjoy the community,not get flamed or raged at by each other. 

Edited by HuMoR, 22 June 2014 - 04:17.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#16 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:48

the problem with this is it is hard for the cows to know who they can trust and who they can't I was a player mod on another game and I saw several player mods abuse their power heck I even caught a few botting so yea let HCS figure how they will deal with this all though it is a good idea it comes with risk that HCS has to be willing to take

Edited by jeffslady, 22 June 2014 - 05:43.

#17 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:03

Make player mods.

Their job: to report such action and a pic/ or time stamp for it so devs can read the chat.

The devs read the report , see the proof and act according.

So a game mod can't abuse power, as he doesn't have any.

And i say this because when devs are usually, they are usually reading the chat or atleast looking at it once in a while. they only need help when they are not on or are busy.

Edited by xpwaste, 22 June 2014 - 05:04.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#18 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:46

Make player mods.

Their job: to report such action and a pic/ or time stamp for it so devs can read the chat.

And i say this because when devs are usually, they are usually reading the chat or atleast looking at it once in a while. they only need help when they are not on or are busy.

although it still sounds good ya still run the risk for abuse lets say as an example player x becomes a mod and they don't like someone so when that person swears once maybe twice player x reports them because they don't like them and their is the proof so the player who swore maybe just twice possibly gets into trouble when player x has a friend who is always rude and swearing and player x doesn't report them because they are their friend just saying that kind of stuff could happen to

#19 Lucid

Lucid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:34

While all that was way to much for me to read this is what i have to say we are obviously quite passionate about this subject and which to see it resolved judging from reply sizes alone xD

If dont have the time or resources to moderate the chat yourself then u find another means to do so the most obvious solution that comes to mind for me would be to find a couple of truster players from each time zone to manage the chat. im sure there s plenty of trusted respectful people out there i know there is many are on my friend list.

#20 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:28

Make player mods.

If players (who ever) could send those timestamps. Why would the ability only be given to some player mods? There needs to be a lot of player mods to see all the profanities! HCS may decide how hard they punish those who have got reported. The only problem is: HCS is a small company a I don't know how much time they got to watch through all the timestamps, maybe if they would have a good program to quickly monitor all reported timestamps. 

If someone sends to HCS proof about a playermod abusing his powers. HCS could easily remove the playermod rank from him and even give him some sort of punishment. A playermod could mute players for 24h. 

IMO, there's no need to add playermods IF they add the "report timestamp" method to all players.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: