Photo

5 Minute Cooldown on Resurrection

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: 5 Minute Resurrect Cool Down (34 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about the new 5 Minute Resurrect Cool Down?

1. I think that it was the missing link in my life and now, my life has new meaning. (4 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

2. I hate it. I just hate it. (18 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. Strategy wise, it's brilliant. (8 votes [19.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

4. Strategy wise, it strategically was silly to change it. (4 votes [9.52%] - View)

5. I'm an assassin and it makes me even more desirable cause now I can have never ending resurrections because of soulfire and it was an awesome way to buff my class! Woot!!!! I freakin' rule! (4 votes [9.52%] - View)

6. Chickens! (4 votes [9.52%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 September 2014 - 16:15

IMO the only fix that are needed is:

IMO you need to get to lvl 45 and play the ascended dungeons.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#22 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 September 2014 - 16:28

1) bosses require constant movements especially in the Ascended dungeons.
2)with how badly this game lags and registers on comps..you will wipe often in these events as it is...so when you dont wipe entirely you have to have someone take the time to bring another back.
3)in the effort of bringing someone back you will probably die..especially in ARG.
4)a sorcery ability..benefits a melee based assassin class more then it benefits the sorcery classes.
5)This was done as a solution to exploiting pvp res,and in the outcome of the release it has actually caused disaster and complete halts on runs,not because of the challenge but because of the nerf to aggro..nerf to mages..and buff to sins while being on a major laggy server its hard to deal with all at once. mages breaking aggro..sins being soo op if played correctly too hard to hold aggro on em and on top of that you cant dodge stuff because as said..its laggy.
6)there was no reason for it...at all. A proper way to have avoided the giant problem would be to value pvp.
-You don't want to change how bad TA is currently..it is crippling the game.
-It has more value and benefit then pvp itself even though it is not actually pvp.
-dafaq.

This is not a bash..it is just throwing out clear points that weren't thought out before the release.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#23 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 22:13

I would like future updates to be something like this.

Example:

-We increased Mages boiling blood by 20 %

-We felt that it needed a bit more damage, etc.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#24 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 September 2014 - 23:26

I would like future updates to be something like this.

Example:

-We increased Mages boiling blood by 20 %

-We felt that it needed a bit more damage, etc.

IMHO that isn't good enough in the least bit and could be a general copy and paste answer to any such upgrade..
I myself prefer something like this...

***We Increase Mages boiling blood dmg by 20%
-we felt it simply didn't have enough damage and further more that people don't find this move appealing and no many people are specing into it to increase dmg and lasting in the tree,so this is a nice boost to help and see if making that one or two extra points spent in this tree much more worth it for you guys and gals.
1)aims to make trees more appealing
2) describes their goals of making all points spent in a tree tempting
3) shows they care for balancing classes
4) shows that they are paying attention to what the community would like that plays this particular class.
5)shows they put more effort into speaking to us about what they are doing without giving everything away.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#25 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 14:10

IMHO that isn't good enough in the least bit and could be a general copy and paste answer to any such upgrade..

-we felt it simply didn't have enough damage and further more that people don't find this move appealing and no many people are specing into it to increase dmg and lasting in the tree,so this is a nice boost to help and see if making that one or two extra points spent in this tree much more worth it for you guys and gals.
4) shows that they are paying attention to what the community would like that plays this particular class.
5)shows they put more effort into speaking to us about what they are doing without giving everything away.

I added "etc" because I didn't want to write what you wrote "#lazy".Thanks for elaborating though, with this method there will be less questions and better more constructive solutions to buffs and nerfs.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#26 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 15:30

A bit off-topic, but bb starts with 25% dps/sec for 6sec (=150%), With 4 talent points bb is 65% dps/sec for 10sec(650%) If you want to use bb you have to spend 4 talents, it's as good as incinerate if you don't do so. 

I think that's not very well done...

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#27 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 13:47

Just ran wb with about 30 people and all but six of us wiped on zorskaar.  The six of us managed to kill it off, only because it was really low on life, and we each only had one res and tons of dead players. Five minutes is ridiculously long.

HCS--why did you change it?  You keep ignoring the question. 

If it's something you plan on keeping, since that's what I heard through the grapevine, the very least you can do is explain what possessed you to change it in the first place. 

8TLwd.jpg

#28 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2014 - 14:05

If the point is to increase difficulty during fights, at least give it a shorter CD after the fight.  Like potions, one CD during a boss fight, another all other times.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#29 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 17:43

This poll is silly. The poll responses should be yes, no, does not matter. You are obviously upset at this change but you should show some objectivity when creating a poll. I think the 5 minute cooldown is a good thing. It does add strategy. If it's too hard when you are in a group, go grab an assassin. HCS is not avoiding you. There are just not going to respond to a poll that is setup in a bias or attacking way.

Edited by zargon, 20 September 2014 - 17:45.

#30 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2014 - 17:51

This poll is silly. The poll responses should be yes, no, does not matter. You are obviously upset at this change but you should show some objectivity when creating a poll. I think the 5 minute cooldown is a good thing. It does add strategy. If it's too hard when you are in a group, go grab an assassin. HCS is not avoiding you. There are just not going to respond to a poll that is setup in a bias or attacking way.

you're a hypocrite,yes,no,not enough solo,too much focusing on dungeons....cough cough...it should be "yes,no,does not matter." Also it does not add strategy it forces a class into every dungeon and causes problems more so then any benefit or strategic side. 

It is a mage move and yet assassins benefit it most making them a bigger requirement over other classes. NO game should force every aspect of end game with one set classes especially when the class was already overbuffed in the first place. 

THERE IS NO STRATEGY CAUSED FROM THIS AT ALL. 

ALSO to further into this..its not an attack nor is it biased in any way as there are options for negative and positive opinions,the actual choices were statements from other players so stating such would be a viable option for those with similar thoughts. As I can see this landslide of a vote from majority of the actual playerbase stating they hate this addition I think that speaks for itself on where the community sits on this particular update.

Edited by HuMoR, 20 September 2014 - 17:56.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#31 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 17:54

Zargon-explain to me how this 5 minute cool down adds strategy, cause I'd love to hear your non-silly explanation.  

I am not the only one who doesn't like secret changes on updates and would like explanations.  

And nice editing on your poll...I see you changed it to "yes" "no" or "doesn't matter" since Guth pointed out how hypocritical you are.

Edited by ChelseaBrick, 20 September 2014 - 17:54.

8TLwd.jpg

#32 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 18:08

My poll options were corrected when it was pointed out to me that I did the same and I am just pointing out the same here. I was adult enough to see I was wrong at the time and I corrected it. Why all the rage Guthix ? Maybe you should do the same and correct this poll.

Anyhow, back on topic. How can I explain it any further that I just did. It adds strategy. If you do not use your res wisely, you are screwed. If you don't like it, go get an assassin and show them some love.

This post will just become another rage post and get locked like the last one unless it stays from being a flame post.

edit: we now have solo dungeons. Good things can come from polls if done right :)

Edited by zargon, 20 September 2014 - 18:15.

#33 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2014 - 18:08

A bit off-topic, but bb starts with 25% dps/sec for 6sec (=150%), With 4 talent points bb is 65% dps/sec for 10sec(650%) If you want to use bb you have to spend 4 talents, it's as good as incinerate if you don't do so. 

I think that's not very well done...

you don't play the game so i feel your opinion is a bit..well not required. also for other classes you can get way more dmg per sec on dots then bb..so..please check into that before well...giving your opinion on what you feel the games needs. in order for a person to give an actual bit of advice towards abilities/skills of a game you must be using that class and be in every scenario to test its usages and what it can be useful for...you are just going off of what a tree states. Blazing arrow...hits enemies..in a giant cone and all those enemies get 75% dmg of the hit for 6 seconds.....hemo..for rangers 15% for 6 seconds for 2 points add 8 extra seconds...and to further this...all ranged dmg during hemos time is increased by 10% erm this applies to hemo itself as well......warsins/sins/wars...rupture ignores armors and defense base does 20% for 10 seconds..can be speced for 2 and increased by 10% overall also ignoring both still rupture can further be speced for 2 to deal instant 50% of its overall dmg on impact and still keeping its dot effect,sear 180% also ig effect...lasc deals 110% melee dps increased due to specs upward of possible 220% while also keeping 5% bleed effect for 12 seconds..2 specs can stack to 5 that's 25% per sec for 12 seconds also ig effect. so out of all this boiling blood is the shittiest by far and the rest are instant boiling blood requires 2 sec cast time..in 2 seconds we can deal all of bbs dmg and then some.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#34 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 18:10

That's your opinion Zargon.  If you can't have humor in your life, than I have no idea what to say to you except relax a little. 

As far as getting an assassin, I have already have a level 45.

8TLwd.jpg

#35 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2014 - 18:12

My poll options were corrected when it was pointed out to me that I did the same and I am just pointing out the same here. I was adult enough to see I was wrong at the time and I corrected it. Why all the rage Guthix ? Maybe you should do the same and correct this poll.

Anyhow, back on topic. How can I explain it any further that I just did. It add strategy. If you do not use your res wisely, your are screwed. If you don't like it, go get an assassin and show them some love.

you haven't seen me rage X D

But I can tell you this lol..if you feel that picking a res is strategy then you haven't truly played any other mmos.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#36 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 18:25

Guthix, I played lotro a lot before coming here. Played runescape but were too many kids. I have played a mmo quite a bit and like it. If you want to dismiss me because I don't agree with you, then go for it. Why bother asking anyone's opinion then if all you really want is everyone to just agree with you and dismiss them when they don't. Anyhow, I gave my reasons and made a suggestion regarding this poll. On that note, I am done here.

note: to the comment below: If I had not thought it out, I would not have explained myself. That comment just confirms you are being dismissive. Are you trying to tell me this change forces no strategy ?

This post has some people very upset at the change and who have no desire to listen to anyone or anything else but "change it back".

Edited by zargon, 20 September 2014 - 18:58.

#37 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2014 - 18:27

Guthix, I played lotro a lot before coming here. Played runescape but were too many kids. I have played a mmo quite a bit and like it. If you want to dismiss me because I don't agree with you, then go for it. Why bother asking anyone's opinion then if all you really want is everyone to just agree with you and dismiss them when they don't. Anyhow, I gave my reasons and made a suggestion regarding this poll. On that note, I am done here.

It isn't dismissing opinions that disagree,its dismissing opinions that are basically invalid due to lack of thought into the full effect of what it has :)

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#38 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2014 - 22:26

Firstly, everyone chill out with the each-others-opinion bashing.

Secondly I'll try and explain where we are going with the res changes. The situation we had previously was that every player could participate in chain-resing. This trivialises content if you have enough players and diminishes part of a healers job. We want to move toward a system where in groups players have to use their res's strategically in combat if they have to use them, and put a little more emphasis on staying alive. A healer should be able to res significantly more often, if they spec into the spell and have a bit of haste (Off the top of my head, I think healers have a haste talent).

So if you're struggling on Zor at the moment; do you have a few adequately specced healers in your group? Was everyone avoiding the flame areas? Was your tank positioning himself to orient zor's AoE's away from everyone? Maybe next week I can come and see what happens during the fight, as it's perhaps now more about balancing fights such as zor's a little differently.

And sure we might have made the cooldown too long for non specced players, we can look at it. I'm not in a huge rush to make it much quicker though as I'd like to be able to make content at level 50 which can't be brute-forced so easily.

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#39 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2014 - 22:35

Firstly, everyone chill out with the each-others-opinion bashing.

Secondly I'll try and explain where we are going with the res changes. The situation we had previously was that every player could participate in chain-resing. This trivialises content if you have enough players and diminishes part of a healers job. We want to move toward a system where in groups players have to use their res's strategically in combat if they have to use them, and put a little more emphasis on staying alive. A healer should be able to res significantly more often, if they spec into the spell and have a bit of haste (Off the top of my head, I think healers have a haste talent).

So if you're struggling on Zor at the moment; do you have a few adequately specced healers in your group? Was everyone avoiding the flame areas? Was your tank positioning himself to orient zor's AoE's away from everyone? Maybe next week I can come and see what happens during the fight, as it's perhaps now more about balancing fights such as zor's a little differently.

And sure we might have made the cooldown too long for non specced players, we can look at it. I'm not in a huge rush to make it much quicker though as I'd like to be able to make content at level 50 which can't be brute-forced so easily.

I shall say this as nicely as possible X D

Having a prophet be the only one to truly be able to res that often other then sins..puts even more stress on the prophet class then you guys already had on them.  If any of your team dies during a fight at current end game...that is basically a point in a dungeon/game where healers cant take the time to bring em back. Also at that point you basically make sins a requirement when this shouldn't be the case. during actual fights that require placement...you basically screw an entire team due to lag+ long cd. ARG prime example quatronos..if one of your members has any bit of lag..he will die...if you try to bring the person back at any time it wont work due to how often the purple dots pop up you'll have to keep moving..once one dies..it is basically going to be a wipe now over and over. due to lack of teammates and constant running or avoiding the dots due to lack of members to hit the spots and rock throws in between due to ranged movement.
So once again..this doesn't add strategy it just adds inconvenience and another tedious time expansion to already too long of dungeons. Also..with this being in the game now..you expand time on ascended runs...due to sin buff you overly extend times for asv..what person is going to stop at lvl 45..to waste 1-2 months for a fabled set that wont extend its use to 50 due to the rolls matching 2nd to highest tiered gems..?

for pvp...it should be 2 minutes..
for pve..5 minutes was blown way out of the water.

So I guess basically what i'm saying is..the update to res was a bit pointless...as any place that you will die in is a place you cant really res at ;) every other place..you wont die at so wont need it.

Edited by HuMoR, 20 September 2014 - 22:41.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#40 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 September 2014 - 22:43

This main issue, Fact that game is mostly set up around speed - See need change so less speed more thought prosses.

but at end of the day, Playing thought content get rudent runing instant 100+ time's at 30 min run get 1 set, bye time run that many considering get group, unlike my self left out have spend next 2 month trying find group as no longer nay group willing run as all burnt out do to long run time's.

Adding more deep and thought pross is good thing, With chance to rez was not much help in way of blancing out thing more add to earlie compared to how game is now, Adding more way get Gem's - better Gear option's - Even blancing Heroic Yellow drop be worth using compared to running DGN's

Over all Rez change take away from fun and genral game play how game is running right now.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: