Photo

5 Minute Cooldown on Resurrection

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: 5 Minute Resurrect Cool Down (34 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about the new 5 Minute Resurrect Cool Down?

1. I think that it was the missing link in my life and now, my life has new meaning. (4 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

2. I hate it. I just hate it. (18 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. Strategy wise, it's brilliant. (8 votes [19.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

4. Strategy wise, it strategically was silly to change it. (4 votes [9.52%] - View)

5. I'm an assassin and it makes me even more desirable cause now I can have never ending resurrections because of soulfire and it was an awesome way to buff my class! Woot!!!! I freakin' rule! (4 votes [9.52%] - View)

6. Chickens! (4 votes [9.52%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:19

I cancel meteorite in the middle of its animation when i'm in the air and there is no cool down i cancel the revive spell and i get a 5 min cool down lol, and if someone is reviving the same guy i am and we both look at each other thinking to ourselves "Well he is reviving so i should cancel mine and focus the boss" we both cancel and the guy is still dead on the floor , 2 revives down.This is strategy? There are better ways to add strategy to dungeons  then increasing the res time , there is even better ways to making bosses harder then giving it a extra 1 million health which doesn't increase the difficulty it increases the time.Assassins are going to have to be the medics now,well this game has gone a long way.

I have to agree with this...

Much better more creative things could be done in attempt to force strategy into the already very very long dungeons we have to run.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#62 ultramus

ultramus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 16:05

Agree with Lester, cooldown for resurrect should only come into play if the spell is completed. 

Also if someone is already casting resurrect, another player shouldn't be able to cast the spell on the dead player unless the spell is stopped (death of caster, disconnect, cancelled spell).  Sort of like how we can't open a bag if another player is looking through it.

#63 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 21 September 2014 - 17:27

I like the strategy introduced by the res cool downs.

It makes you really consider whether you need to take a step away from the battle and res as dps (and which dps at that should do it).

Thats just my two cents on that portion of the topic.

I dont like that emphasis has been put in the prophets tree to reduce cooldowns.

I think each class should have some form of ability introduced that allows them to affect the cooldown of their resurrect - not give specific treatment to 1 or 2 classes.

ok if ya want the prophets to res then we need to be able to res someone instantly and we need to have haste gems as to boost our haste and yes am specced into the points to increase my haste but my cool down for res is shorter then most and not as fast as a sins I love having sins in group for their buff but I don't think I should be forced to have one in group nor do I wish to be forced to be the one ressing all the time I have a hard time paying attention to the floor in rg and healing ppl so now ya wanna force me to res nope not gonna happen ya die ya can lay there dead

I think oops has a nice point here - if ressing is something that you want to try incorporate more into the healers arsenel, then I think a skill to reduce the cast time is more beneficial than reducing the cooldown. I think that would work reaaly, really well with this large cool down time.

Agree with Lester, cooldown for resurrect should only come into play if the spell is completed. 

Also if someone is already casting resurrect, another player shouldn't be able to cast the spell on the dead player unless the spell is stopped (death of caster, disconnect, cancelled spell).  Sort of like how we can't open a bag if another player is looking through it.

This definitely does need to be looked at in relation - sometimes in a tough battle and someone drops two players will react at the same time rather than chatting about it - if the spell cast hasnt been completed, there should be no resulting penalty - this applies to other skills also (if any other skill is affected in a similar way)

#64 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 17:37

IMO you need to get to lvl 45 and play the ascended dungeons.

1. I told my point of view, as a lvl 21 or not. You don't have to complete the game to give a opinion, what if the change would have hugely changed the gameplay for a level 21, but only slightly for the level 45's, then my opinion would have been needed, but if you tell me to get level 45, then there maybe won't be anyone telling when a update hugely change the gameplay for level 21's.

2. I don't have to be level 45 to understand that ascended dungeons are meant to be the hardest dungeons. Earlier players complained that this game is too easy to "complete", now players complain when they can't "complete" the game as fast.

3. What I said was the general answer 2 pages later. This means that you don't have to be level 45 to understand problems in some abilities.  

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#65 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 17:46

you don't play the game so i feel your opinion is a bit..well not required. also for other classes you can get way more dmg per sec on dots then bb..so..please check into that before well...giving your opinion on what you feel the games needs. in order for a person to give an actual bit of advice towards abilities/skills of a game you must be using that class and be in every scenario to test its usages and what it can be useful for...you are just going off of what a tree states. Blazing arrow...hits enemies..in a giant cone and all those enemies get 75% dmg of the hit for 6 seconds.....hemo..for rangers 15% for 6 seconds for 2 points add 8 extra seconds...and to further this...all ranged dmg during hemos time is increased by 10% erm this applies to hemo itself as well......warsins/sins/wars...rupture ignores armors and defense base does 20% for 10 seconds..can be speced for 2 and increased by 10% overall also ignoring both still rupture can further be speced for 2 to deal instant 50% of its overall dmg on impact and still keeping its dot effect,sear 180% also ig effect...lasc deals 110% melee dps increased due to specs upward of possible 220% while also keeping 5% bleed effect for 12 seconds..2 specs can stack to 5 that's 25% per sec for 12 seconds also ig effect. so out of all this boiling blood is the shittiest by far and the rest are instant boiling blood requires 2 sec cast time..in 2 seconds we can deal all of bbs dmg and then some.

1. I play the game every now and then

2. I'm mage

3. You don't have to test something in all situations to understand some flaws. In this case, bb is a lot worse than incinerate IF you don't spend talents in it. My opinion was that the ability shouldn't be useless if you don't put talents in it. 

4. If bb is as useless as you say, then MAYBE they should extend the base dps from 25% to 50% or something like that. 

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#66 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2014 - 19:56

1. I told my point of view, as a lvl 21 or not. You don't have to complete the game to give a opinion, what if the change would have hugely changed the gameplay for a level 21, but only slightly for the level 45's, then my opinion would have been needed, but if you tell me to get level 45, then there maybe won't be anyone telling when a update hugely change the gameplay for level 21's.

2. I don't have to be level 45 to understand that ascended dungeons are meant to be the hardest dungeons. Earlier players complained that this game is too easy to "complete", now players complain when they can't "complete" the game as fast.

3. What I said was the general answer 2 pages later. This means that you don't have to be level 45 to understand problems in some abilities.  

Point is..you can't tell a relative usage until you've been in the scenarios of where it is needed,reading text is a lot different then how things work in general. Until the end portion of the game there are no real challenges..everything else is pretty well...easy.

1. I play the game every now and then

2. I'm mage

3. You don't have to test something in all situations to understand some flaws. In this case, bb is a lot worse than incinerate IF you don't spend talents in it. My opinion was that the ability shouldn't be useless if you don't put talents in it. 

4. If bb is as useless as you say, then MAYBE they should extend the base dps from 25% to 50% or something like that. 

1) playing the game testing all the aspects and scenarios is what gives you a valid sense of what to post in regards to balancing from what you have done..
2)mage is pretty crap I advise being a prophet for more dps.
3)testing is the only way to validate how useful things are..as said text doesnt explain all scenarios.
4) its crap regardless of if you spec it or not..i Don't advise this move to be used at all at this stage in the game or even throughout the game..in the 2 seconds you cast it even speced,you can deal that dmg already and blow past into more dmg dealt,so really this move isn't needed.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#67 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 21:06

Missed this thread yesterday and today.

Like the idea of increasing the need for more strategy but there are too many holes in the way this 5min cooldown is implemented. Not thought out and not tested!

vAes1K5.gif

I don't want to have to use another program to communicate with other players. Don't want to have to talk to them and disturb people around me. Don't want them to hear me swearing under my breath. I posted a suggestion of Stock Phrases here http://forums.hunted.../65527-widgets/ which would help a bit. You could make it a text to speech thing too because sometimes the battle is so heated you don't look at the chat window and can't always see bubbles.

Change it so that if a player is already being rezed then another rez does nothing (what is the point of two rezes? it doesn't halve the time. should it?) Rezes canceled should not be counted so should not cause cooldown.

Make a rez scroll that is available to any class that reduces cast time and cooldown that can be boosted in talent trees. rangers rather than sins should have the faster rez talents, it's always been our job anyway. kerching!!

Have quick rez with no cooldown when not in battle. Having it the same just wastes time. Where is the stratergy in that?

Allow talking after death :) spooky maybe allow it if you have a ouija board doodah that can be bought. kerching!!

Edited by ZeusIV, 21 September 2014 - 21:07.

#68 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:20

i like longer res, much more fun now :)

style5,Majjer.png

#69 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:49

I think it's more of an inconvenience than anything.  Not one dungeon that I've ran has anyone said, "let's discuss strategy in the event of an accidental death." But I'm glad it's making it more enjoyable for everyone else.  :)

8TLwd.jpg

#70 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 15:00

I think the vote up top has way too many options........ some come across as sarcastic too.

#71 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 September 2014 - 15:30

Additionally, as mentioned earlier in the thread, if your resurrection is cancelled during the cast for whatever reason(such as moving or clicking), it should not activate the 5 minute cooldown.

This will be changed in the next patch and will only trigger the cooldown if the spell succeeded.

#72 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 17:45

What will happen if 2 people try to rez at the same time? Will one of them be successful and the other not? How will they know which will succeed? 

#73 Kinfa1987

Kinfa1987

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 18:48

Just remove resurrect skill :)

So if player dye it character reset to lvl 1 and all loot, inventory, bags are empty :)

• KeS likes this

#74 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 September 2014 - 15:30

Just remove resurrect skill :)

So if player dye it character reset to lvl 1 and all loot, inventory, bags are empty :)

Sarcasm at its best.

The world is cruel...as will I....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: