11 replies to this topic

#1 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:12

While mail isn't super essential in the game at the moment it is here now so I'm going to place some suggestions about how to improve it ( if possible, I know nothing about programming and designing games or how browser games may differ if limitations on things like that over client based games).

Some were already mentioned in other posts since mail came out such as sending mail should be silver/gold costs not ep. 

My understanding is recieving mail is free but is regular text mail free?

if we send items it costs ep then?

because when you go to the mail it really doesn't give you any info.

I see cash box and ep box, that's confusing. especially so far I believe I saw some saying ep was taken from them and some said some silver/gold was so really have no idea how that works at the moment.

Does this mean it costs ep for some things and gold for others?

Ok so first of all I noticed you can't draft messages. 

would be nice to have a way to create a message and then save it in case you want to go over something later or send later.  yes I have seen this in other games.

also when you get a message and reply back ( using this as an example as I just tried my first message back to someone that sent me one) you have no indication what this is going to cost you. 

really?  nothing showed up letting me know what it would cost before I send it nor when I sent it what I spent.

before I mail anything I want to know what this will cost me. 

no send message for such and such amount, no cost indicated where you see ep/gold section on left hand lower corner of mail, nothing.

I sent it to see what would happen. 

as far as I could tell when I clicked send it was sent and I wasn't charged anything for it.  

again does this mean if we just send a text it is free or what?

also why isn't there any indication our messages were sent. 

usually you will either see sent messages go in a sent tab where you can delete those just like messages you recieve or at the very least a message stating that your message was sent.

without this I have no idea if it was sent successfully.

I"m sure maybe someone will have some other suggestions but from my experience with in game mail systems they all seemed to have these features or most of them and mail in this game will be far less confusing to use if we had some more features.

also are there only two mail boxes currently in game which both are in ec. 

I know one in ec fountain area and if I remember there was a mail box near the rivalry lounge however not sure that one actually works since I didn't check it out yet.

If there are more outside of ec I hope HC is considering putting indicators  on the map. that would help us find them.

anyway until I get confirmation about costs of sending mail and a way to use mail using in game currency not ep I just won't be using it. 

I do still want to push for improvements though. 

I had hoped it would be a way to use this not only for messages but for trade purposes while we wait for auction house.

oh and on that note, there should be something in place when we send items if it's for exchange of trade, gold/ep and or goods where by we have some security that this transaction will be legit between players.

as in other games where if you send something you can choose for example C.O.D so the person say trading mats to someone sends it and chooses C.O.D and until the buyer sends payment for said items they can't retrieve it.

If they don't pay within a certain amount of time the item simply goes back to the sender.

sure there are some other set ups for this sort of transaction used by mail systems.

well that's all I can think of at the moment.

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#2 Anameisaname

Anameisaname

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 14:03

I feel like mails costing ep is a cows strategy to distract us from more obvious p2w bullcrap like ep rolling weapons.. Don't worry, it was all planned!

#3 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 15:11

change of one thing I mentioned.

I see that sending text mail and replying to text mail is free of cost.

also I did see upon testing it again that in the normal chat box upon sending a mail it says in yellow to indicate this.

just updating those two things I noticed now.

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#4 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 15:39

The mail system was a half baked update and was left to rot over the weekend with other broken parts from the update.. The mail payment system is broken, had my post deleted pointing it out, but it was left broken while the cows left the pasture for their weekly holiday over the most important part of the week for gamers..

#5 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 May 2015 - 16:03

also are there only two mail boxes currently in game which both are in ec. 

I know one in ec fountain area and if I remember there was a mail box near the rivalry lounge however not sure that one actually works since I didn't check it out yet.

I've not looked in other parts of the world to confirm it works like this outside EC, but I know that all the Notice Boards I have run across inside EC have a mailbox next to them.

#6 Felli

Felli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 20:21

There is a mailbox in Nidaros. It by the notice board ;)

#7 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2015 - 20:42

I've heard that there's a mailbox beside each notice board (for quests) but not sure 100% if that's true.

And from what I gather and no idea right now if the whole EP thing works now... that supporters only have to pay 20s to send mail while non-supporters pay 5 EP.

For item attachments it's 5 EP per item (for supporters and non-supporters?) but when I tried last... it didn't work either. Someone mentioned it took their bound EP which I thought might've been the issue. Which is why I made a post in bug forums because something wasn't making sense about the cost lol.

For sending coins,EP to another player, it costs 20 silver for any amount of EP, coins so don't bother sending an amount under 20 so because that seems wasteful.

I agree though, you don't really know if the other person received your mail because they probably can't reply back to it - even if attachment free if non-supporter. Supporters would have no problem.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#8 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 May 2015 - 14:56

Sorry for not posting up the costs of mail, simply an over-sight from the patch notes. The mail costs are as following.

Supporters can send two free mails per day, after this, each mail costs 20 silver.

Non-supporters are charged 5 EP per mail.

Attachments are the same of support / non-supporter, each item attachment costs 5 EP and each currency attachment is 20 silver.

So much for a gold sink.......how backwards......

The world is cruel...as will I....

#9 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 12 May 2015 - 00:01

Issue/tip's fix.

Non-supporters are charged 5 EP per mail. So Pay to use much = many pay to win free player one option get EP Free offer's complete crap most time very where you live as well what offer's get.

Free player = Pay to win - Payed only option, In regards to Eldevin try not go this route it being shown that there moving closer and closer to pay only options.

Eldevin going downroad of many free to play game's sadly say mean less means for free player.

Sevral option can be used here all can say here is Dev's reading this taking account meaning of Free to play - Non-suppotore and meaning of EP.

Over all understand 1 step close to much large scale thought cost need's be adressed before - AKA AH - even Guild's come in to play as this is not good. For long run of player base.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 12 May 2015 - 04:37.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#10 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 May 2015 - 14:26

Until the changes are made to the mailing system, this is gonna rot unless you're a sub.

#11 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:17

Mojawk, on 11 May 2015 - 04:18, said:snapback.png

Sorry for not posting up the costs of mail, simply an over-sight from the patch notes. The mail costs are as following.

Supporters can send two free mails per day, after this, each mail costs 20 silver.

Non-supporters are charged 5 EP per mail.

Attachments are the same of support / non-supporter, each item attachment costs 5 EP and each currency attachment is 20 silver.

Uhm so is that per character as to 2 free mails per day or per acct?

and if replying to sender I am guessing that counts towards the 2 free mails a day?

will have to be careful about replying if it's per acct as I'm pretty sure I had replied to more then 2 the other day but hadn't seen any silver taken out , definitly no ep.  or for 20 s I just didn't notice it gone.   20s isn't bad at all but I still think mail should be a gold sink and based on in game currencies and not ep. 

also is that 5ep for any kind of mail sent by a non supporter?  so text only mails sent they get charged 5p and what about when they reply to a mail sent to them?   o.o

and is it 5ep to send mail then if say someone put one thing as an attachment in that mail it's another 5ep so 10ep total or is that 5ep for 1 attch +text to mail it?

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#12 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 May 2015 - 14:17

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions on this, we'll consider making a change next update and if we do we'll mail out the new costs to keep you all informed :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: