#21 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 17 August 2020 - 04:36

like i said before leave it as it is ,why cant they do the bb and ladder like the rest of us 

5aZzW0p.png,

#22 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 17 August 2020 - 04:38

why take away from them what they have done during these hard times
thinking about it now ive changed my mind and im saying leave it as is

Excuse me?
29/may/2020

https://forums.hunte...showtopic=77119

why take away from them what they have done during these hard times
thinking about it now ive changed my mind and im saying leave it as is

5aZzW0p.png,

#23 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 06:16

I'm pretty impressed how someone who needs to check the Wiki to learn what PvP Prestige is, feels acknowleged enough to have a strong opinion about how the PvP system in the game should be managed.

Cuddos to you, kiddo.

ouch! a dig! but i can't tell if it is a real dig, too much smoke and now mirrors in the AH! can't check my auctions! oh no!

if one checks my page (not forum page - i know some of you checked ), you find join date nov 2009. the wiki states pvp prestige started sept 2009. it was new and even guildmates whom dabbled in pvp did not understand it. but yes i had to look pvp prestige up.

but if one claims to know pvp and doesn't know there is a leveler's perspective to pvp, then that person is being less than honest. oh, there's that smoke again.

#24 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 August 2020 - 06:35

like i said before leave it as it is ,why cant they do the bb and ladder like the rest of us 

You mean log into the ladder, take a mega pot, smash away with impunity 'cos you know that, unless someone flukes or takes a similar potion, you're safe and then, when the pot expires, buys PvP Protection to opt yourself out again before a reset ?

Edited by Pardoux, 17 August 2020 - 08:18.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#25 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 06:56

About the topic, PvPers (in general) want an open Smasher Medal system, Levellers (also, in general) want it to stay counting only on Ladder and BB (but also hit for Prestige once in a while).

In my opinion 1 medal tick every 3 days won't be easy to abuse, won't really hurt anyone and it might increase BB activity (which is good), it's a really fair compromisse from both sides.

Just remember to make it doesn't count if the target is 7+ days offline (just like Prestige), and implement it already.

won't be easily to abuse ? really !?!? what if your the likely target in your level range? multiple hits, right!

what compromise? you want what the op posted, then frame the argument so it seems reasoned.

cows pls don't fall for this. make pvp prestige a reward in arena like arena tokens. create a smasher ladder but make less brutal than pvp ladder and no prestige. also, pls use in-game poll before implementing changes to pvp.

#26 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:07

You mean log into the ladder, take a mega pot, smash away with impunity 'cos you know that, unless someone flukes or takes a similar potion, you're safe and then, when the pot expires, buys PvP Protection to opt yourself out again before a reset ?
Can't take away stuff on the BB, but you don't "earn" your ticks on the BB board ...
Hopefully, Hoof will close this loophole, he's promised to, but let's see if he actually does.

so, there is already a version of smasher ladder.

and a way to leave the pvp ladder before reset, although pricey.

thanks p and active

#27 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:10

so, there is already a version of smasher ladder.

and a way to leave the pvp ladder before reset, although pricey.

thanks p and active

There SHOULDN'T be a way to leave the ladder midway thru tho ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#28 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 10:14

Agreed but the cows have said that exploit is staying in case someone "accidentally" joins the ladder and wants out.  If that's truly the case then there should also be a restriction that if you leave the ladder before a reset you can't rejoin the ladder again for 30 days.  This would stop a lot of problems before they start.

Screenshot everything!

#29 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 14:31

Maybe it's possible to change ladder so that you wont gain dominance or smasher ticks unless you stay the entire time. Buy protection to opt out and lose any progress from that ladder.

Rest of us earned our dominance medals the correct way by sitting on that ladder for years.

#30 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 17 August 2020 - 14:51

Agreed but the cows have said that exploit is staying in case someone "accidentally" joins the ladder and wants out.  If that's truly the case then there should also be a restriction that if you leave the ladder before a reset you can't rejoin the ladder again for 30 days.  This would stop a lot of problems before they start.

If you buy protection to leave a ladder, you shouldn't be able to opt in again for at least 48 hours ( max duration of a ladder)

There's lots of numbers we can toss around of course. A day, a week. If you do it multiple times then you're * suspended from the ladder for a longer duration.

1 opt out via protection = 48 hours. 2 opt outs via protection = a week. 3 opt outs = a month. Etc.

#31 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 15:53

there needs to be an opt out option for pvp ([edit] i mean pvp ladder not pvp in general[edit]). one that is affordable in stam or gold.

pvp ladder is one aspect of the game. participating can mean trial and error to obtain competency. sometimes many are fighting for top three spots with bashing for those not equipped buffwise, gearwise, and/or emotionally. othertimes two on the ladder drives away a third to keep competition to a minimum. for the player joining only to discover a frightening situation, pls add an affordable and formal opt out.

there was a time when one just level up to a rung that had an open space and friendly company.

btw, anyone knows why no pvp chest in AH? bound or expensive? i was wondering if newer ladder players know about the recipe shops in the colliseum (sp?).

pls note edit: leads to posts later.

Edited by michael65, 19 August 2020 - 02:50.

#32 missshiv

missshiv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 16:36

This game has always been a pvp game from Day 1. No amount of crying over the years has changed that.

What magic win button are you looking for in pvp (and elsewhere) that doesn't involve risk, trial, and error? Your comment about 2 ladder players driving away the third is ridiculous, as rewards are given to finishes other than first place. You aren't forced into the ladder by default, so no playing the victim here.

If you're not a fan of pvp, there are many outlets to protect yourself, but they will not and should not be free. With risk comes reward though, and the people playing the ladder you're so adamently against see their work rewarded every reset. Don't belittle their accomplishments by expecting them to go easy on you out of pity. Try engaging them, and you'd find they're a helpful, talkative bunch.

And if you don't like engaging in a friendly bit of combat, there's plenty of other online games for you to explore, like solitaire.

#33 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 August 2020 - 17:22

there needs to be an opt out option for pvp. one that is affordable in stam or gold.

Afraid not. PvP Is part of the game. Has been since the beginning. Want to protect your XP? Use PvP Protection. PvP is not gonna be opt out.

~ Grim

#34 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 August 2020 - 18:02

Hoof has said differently - that he'd look into it, but we'll see. I'd be happy with the "lose all ticks if you buy protection midway thru a ladder" option :)

Another option for those that "hit and run" would be for them to keep their ticks, but for every hit they'd done on the ladder before buying protection to be bountyable :)

Edited by Pardoux, 17 August 2020 - 21:36.

#35 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 August 2020 - 18:33

won't be easily to abuse ? really !?!? what if your the likely target in your level range? multiple hits, right!

what compromise? you want what the op posted, then frame the argument so it seems reasoned.

cows pls don't fall for this. make pvp prestige a reward in arena like arena tokens. create a smasher ladder but make less brutal than pvp ladder and no prestige. also, pls use in-game poll before implementing changes to pvp.

The Prestige system doesn't allow for multiple hits.  Only 1 hit obtains Prestige every third day. After that a hit only nets gold, with XP loss of course for the defeated.  PvP protection negates this XP loss....  Which is available for FSP or gold in upgrades.  And Prestige is not awarded for hitting  those with PvP protection.  If the same rules are set for Smasher ticks in normal PvP, then it's simple to protect yourself from being hit, PvP Protection makes you an ineligible target.  Problem solved.

Ofc you could always do it like in the old days:

1. Secure your gold

2. Wear a proper defensive set when offline

Either way, if somebody is attacking you hourly, constantly, for no apparent reason but to irritate you, then the PvP system isn't your problem, it's a matter between you and that guy.  If you feel this is unwarranted attention, submit a ticket and let BG decide if action needs to be taken. 

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#36 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 22:24

*stuff*....sometimes many are fighting for top three spots with bashing for those not equipped buffwise, gearwise, and/or emotionally.......*more stuff*

HAHAHAHAHA.....That explains a whole lot about your posts.  If you're not "emotionally equipped" to handle pvp then I suggest you use the option to buy pvp protection so you don't have to face it.  Whether people want to admit it or not, pvp factors heavily into the income of this game.  People like you want to buy protection.  Others want to upgrade their bank deposits to hide more gold.  Levelers in a guild can easily share gear but pvp'ers want their own gear that can't be recalled.  There are a lot of little things that add up to pvp being a big influence and a driving force in this game.  To be the best requires upgrades and that comes at a cost.  Some have jobs while others use their Grandma's credit card but when you get right down to it, pvp is beneficial to the overall health of the game.

Screenshot everything!

#37 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 18 August 2020 - 05:11

im guessing this is aimed at me 

Making 'moral' rules about how others should play the game when the dynamics exist is ridiculous.

5aZzW0p.png,

#38 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 06:48

The idea that the system is there to prevent people getting 'bullied' on the Ladder, but people joining to hit just while their Epic potions last and buying pvp prot to leave before others have the chance to fight back is acceptable really baffles me.

#39 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:17

im guessing this is aimed at me 

Making 'moral' rules about how others should play the game when the dynamics exist is ridiculous.

If the cap fits ...

And making moral rules? - don't you do that every day in the shoutbox ? LOL

#40 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:24

If the cap fits ...

And making moral rules? - don't you do that every day in the shoutbox ? LOL

Pretty sure you were just pointing out players inability to finish what they started. Morality, much like sunlight, doesn't always reach under those dark bridges. The reality of the situation was we just thought 'dominance' was too big of a word to be understood in its meaning in regards to the ladder. Dominance is a 24-48 hour commitment and needs to continue to be and not some little 3 hour exploit.

Edited by moonfrost, 18 August 2020 - 12:25.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: