#41 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:16

Friday (or the day before the bonus comes out) will be the big PVP day as every jockeys for postion

How bout make it for every 3 days you are in top 100 PVP (they dotn have to be consecutive) you get a bonus?

#42 fs_scg77

fs_scg77
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:16

> It will now cost double stamina to activate skills if you no-longer meet the level required to learn the skill.

What does this mean?

#43 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:17

- The Top 100 players on the PvP ladder will recieve a weekly bonus.

I appreciate HCS taking into account our concerns, and looking for ways to fix the issues. It is good to know someone is listening. In regard to the specific change listed above, The problem with this idea is that it will continue to reward the people who do not really pvp. Anyone up there is really not going to want to try and pvp now, because it is going to risk their bonus. I admit I do tend to stay in the top 100, because I am not often counter bountied. But how many of the top 20 actually pvp on a regular basis in the game?

#44 Asahara

Asahara

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:17

> It will now cost double stamina to activate skills if you no-longer meet the level required to learn the skill.

What does this mean?

Exactly what it says. I don't get how this is ambiguous in any way....

#45 fs_nokio420

fs_nokio420
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:18

I like the changes other than 7 days before you get pretige, but i dont lvl so it wont affect me :D when are you gonna make it to where someone involved in a gvg conflict cant leave the guild until the conflict is finished? people hittin then leavin so theres no targets is very annoying

#46 Asahara

Asahara

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:19

I like the changes other than 7 days before you get pretige, but i dont lvl so it wont affect me :D when are you gonna make it to where someone involved in a gvg conflict cant leave the guild until the conflict is finished? people hittin then leavin so theres no targets is very annoying

It's way beyond annoying. It's (basically) straight out cheating.

#47 Thoran

Thoran

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Badge
  • Spain

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:19

Lets see how others see this. It looks fine to me on paper...

IF we are going to 'give' players bonuses for being on the PvP Ladder then we need to reset the PvP Points since most of them, I think, either 'bought' or 'traded' or 'farmed inactives' for the points.

I dont see why we should all look at that list everyday and wonder why they are getting bonuses for it. THose that EARNED there way up, can easily do it again...

...unless they are too high a level and are now scared of any sort of interaction with the public, LMAO

Just a note from a usually quiet guy to HCS, if any of you happen to see it:

I truly appreciate that you are addressing our grievances and always striving to make the game better. I also think it is great that you post potential future changes so you can get feedback. However, before drastically altering the GvG or PvP systems, please, please, please post one last time with all the specific details of the change and allow us to comment again. These changes affect a huge number of players and guilds at all levels and should not be made lightly.

Thanks again for keeping us in the loop.

+1

https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif

[image]https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif[/image]

I'm also known as @UnoWild

The Wicked Players

#48 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:20

- No prestige gain from PvP against your own guild members.

So we will be able to hit each other again? =)

I don't think this is a good idea, a lot of the ones on there don't do any PvP so why should they be rewarded?

It will now cost double stamina to activate skills if you no-longer meet the level required to learn the skill.

So, is this VL or actual level? Please make it clear what you mean since it's a big difference.

Other than that, *thumbs up*

#49 fs_waggy

fs_waggy
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:21

What does this mean?

not all people are English masters, dude

#50 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

So, is this VL or actual level? Please make it clear what you mean since it's a big difference.

Yes actual level.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#51 Asahara

Asahara

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

So we will be able to hit each other again? =)

I don't think this is a good idea, a lot of the ones on there don't do any PvP so why should they be rewarded?

It will now cost double stamina to activate skills if you no-longer meet the level required to learn the skill.

Other than that, *thumbs up*

A big +1 to this, we need to work out how to stop the rate trading and abuses of the system.

#52 Asahara

Asahara

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:22

What does this mean?

not all people are English masters, dude

English is my worst subject. I'm a science major.

#53 fs_nesera

fs_nesera
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:24

i am ok with all but say me again about GvG ... if i want to low my gvg rating will be illegal or only if we make deals to trade the rp points ??

i was wondering this too XD

#54 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:25

Additional changes.

Increasing the costs to buff when you can attack other players doesn't stop the abuse of the VL. Costs increases didn't work for relics and won't work for intentional delevelers either. This idea changes nothing really. Higher level players tend to have large max stam reserves. They've generally been playing longer.

+1

instead of trying to find ways around it just fix it.

Please!! Yesterday:

In regards to skills - all we are suggesting is making them work the same as equipment currently does, in that if you drop below the level requirement of the skill, you will no longer be able to cast the skill until you reach the requirement again.

If you decided to intentionally lower you level for some game advantage by doing so, that was your choice.

- hoof

It was discussed having the skills tied to a players VL. That idea sounds correct to fix the abuse of the virtual level giving an unfair advantage over others of the same level.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#55 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:26

PvP rating uncoupled to prestige. THANK YOU . Finally.

#56 fs_jarredneo

fs_jarredneo
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:26

That's not fair! I've worked hard to get to that level and it was my decision to go back to level 350..why ...I'm really dissappointed ..

Not Fair?

Have u thought of how fair is it for your opponents when they are faced with a Lvl 175 last ditch by a lvl 350 player? Or would u rather want yr buffs to be limited to lvl 160?

#57 Tegger

Tegger

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:27

That's not fair! I've worked hard to get to that level and it was my decision to go back to level 350..why ...I'm really dissappointed ..

The people it's not fair to are (for example) the level 200 player who loses levels through either PvP, or the board. They didn't intentionally delevel themselves, and are going to pay the same price you do for doing what you did on purpose.

In my opinion, it should be a sliding scale in regards to buff level versus the level the player is currently at. For example, if a 700 level player delevels to 150, AM or conserve would only cost 2x stam, whereas SSI would cost 3x, etc..

#58 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Hi all,

As mentioned by Forn yesterday we have just finished an exceedingly fun meeting interrupted by Hoof requiring Cake so we are posting this a little later than expected.

First on the Agenda is the PvP / Prestige System.

The proposed changes are :-

- No prestige gain from inactive accounts.
- Prestige can only be gained from the same player once every 7 days.
- PvP rating will no longer effect the amount of prestige gained per combat.

We feel these changes should improve PvP and remove most if not all abuse of the PvP system.

The bold, underlined statement will still cause "abuse of the system" - just like the #1 player in the game is traded around, and the #1 hoarder is abused by massive amounts of gold being loaned around. Isn't the "prestige" (perhaps not the best word currently) enough of a reward for being in the top 100 ?

What happened to Hoofs statement yesterday regarding this - i.e. you can't cast skills you don't have the levels for. Isn't this somewhat of a major backpedal on that ? Doubling a 10 point stamina buff to 20 really isn't going to alter anything. The whole discussion yesterday (multi-page debate, back and forth) seems to have been completely ignored ? - OK, your proposed "fix" is another avenue, but i don't think it'll be one that will please either camp. But, that's just my 2c :).

#59 fs_jarredneo

fs_jarredneo
  • Guests

[quote name="luisspamer"]
[/quote]
It was discussed having the skills tied to a players VL. That idea sounds correct to fix the abuse of the virtual level giving an unfair advantage over others of the same level.[/quote]

+ 1

#60 fs_dragonyugi

fs_dragonyugi
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:30

- No prestige gain from inactive accounts.

I disagree here. It is still PvP regardless of the account being Inactive or not. It is simply awfull to reduce the ammount of targets available for PvP. PvP prestige should be given for killing inactive accounts but in a SMALLER ammount. Don't make the Prestige gained 0. But make it very small... Maybe 0.5% per inactive account kill?

- Prestige can only be gained from the same player once every 7 days.

Every 7 days? No. Too much. Every 24 hours is better :) It reduces the "abuse" of attacking an account alot but still keeps the players focused on PvPing somebody.

Totally agreed. :)

- PvP rating will no longer effect the amount of prestige gained per combat.

Good ideea but the ammount of stamina you use on that attack SHOULD affect how much Prestige you gain, in my opinion. 100 stamina = much more Prestige than with 10 stamina. :)

A weekly bonus of Prestige? Yes. A weekly bonus of gold/items/fsp? No. You would ruin the already fragile economy of FS.

Very, very good ideea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: