Victimize the Levelers: thieves and bullies rule!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
964 replies to this topic

#21 fs_gravely

fs_gravely
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:51

Hm, I can't imagine why people would want to hit you when you go around calling other people Nazis and the like, lawdog.

Maybe if you didn't constantly flame a specific population of the game, they wouldn't stomp you for fun.

Oh, and Doom, not everyone's value system relies on getting as far as possible as fast as possible. There's plenty of widely played games out there with absolutely no actual character progression whatsoever that focus on nothing but player versus player. Fallensword may focus on character progression - there's nothing wrong with that - but claiming that if it isn't good for character progression it is therefor useless is arrogance personified, to say the least.

It may be useless to YOU. That doesn't make it useless by any stretch of the imagination for the rest of the community.

I'm past 4000 FSP and counting spent on PvP oriented gear....I think the Cows would agree with me.

#22 fs_oblivion05

fs_oblivion05
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:51

Some of you, actually A LOT of you seem to miss out that PvP lS a huge part of the game whether you like it, or not. Sure there are more levelers in the game but that does NOT mean we have to take out or change PvP simply because we are in less numbers.

Sure levelers wouldnt like to be hit, yes their gold would be stolen, yes they would lose XP. That is why we have something called the BOUNTY BOARD as a consequence of PvPers hitting levelers. And thats not all, guess what? A PvPer hits you once, but you can get him/her hit lots of times as retaliation!!

Like some of you love to mention that PvPers are less in numbers, thus PvP needs to be eliminated, why the hell dont all you levelers stand up against PvPers then? You all are in much LARGER numbers are you not? Why not 100 stam PvPers on the board?

#23 fs_nthnclls

fs_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:53

The thing is, this game would move along fine without any pvp

As someone complaining about prices in the marketplace in the FS helper thread, then surely you realize why this is false.

You really think the tiny amount of gold dropped when a leveller is mugged affects the economy at all? lol

First off, it 20%, but that's not what I meant.

Look at SS2, then imagine what the market place would be like if there was no need for deposits.

#24 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:55

Some of you, actually A LOT of you seem to miss out that PvP lS a huge part of the game whether you like it, or not. Sure there are more levelers in the game but that does NOT mean we have to take out or change PvP simply because we are in less numbers.

Sure levelers wouldnt like to be hit, yes their gold would be stolen, yes they would lose XP. That is why we have something called the BOUNTY BOARD as a consequence of PvPers hitting levelers. And thats not all, guess what? A PvPer hits you once, but you can get him/her hit lots of times as retaliation!!

Like some of you love to mention that PvPers are less in numbers, thus PvP needs to be eliminated, why the hell dont all you levelers stand up against PvPers then? You all are in much LARGER numbers are you not? Why not 100 stam PvPers on the board?

This entire statement is BS.

PvP is a large part of the game to a select few people.

The bounty board holds very little consquence for most pvp'ers, the ENJOY 'dancing' on there.

Half the time, a delevel is returned by a counter bounty and 5 levels taken.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#25 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:56

Look at SS2, then imagine what the market place would be like if there was no need for deposits.

You can't compare SS2 to FS, two completely different games AND FS has a huuuge playerbase in comparison and many ways to release the gold..

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#26 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:58

You can't compare SS2 to FS, two completely different games AND FS has a huuuge playerbase in comparison and many ways to release the gold..

let's count these "releases of gold"...

1. Arena
2. in-game shops
3. Scavenging (which is mainly used only during scavenging LE weekends)... (which might not be happening anymore...)

... what did i miss?

#27 fs_oblivion05

fs_oblivion05
  • Guests

You like to level, l like to PvP. Simple. - You levelers are in larger number, you should be able to stand up and take 5 from bullies with ease. But instead all you all are doing is whining about it.

#28 fs_gravely

fs_gravely
  • Guests

Really? In a non war situation? You have numbers to support this?

:roll:

#29 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:59

1. Arena
2. in-game shops
3. Scavenging (which is mainly used only during scavenging LE weekends)... (which might not be happening anymore...)

... what did i miss?

Hell forge, bank, guild bank. AH. Buying buffs.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#30 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

No but I have many accounts or it happening that come to mind..

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#31 fs_gravely

fs_gravely
  • Guests

Only the special section of the AH and hell forging actually sink gold there.

#32 fs_nthnclls

fs_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:01

This entire statement is BS.

PvP is a large part of the game to a select few people.

The bounty board holds very little consquence for most pvp'ers, the ENJOY 'dancing' on there.

I recently had to stop pvping for a little while because I was delevelled out of my xenix set. It can work. As for a counter bounty...that's always a risk when you're going to retaliate with pvp.

FS does have more ways to release the gold, point taken. But that does not change the fact that the game's economy would be thrown out of whack if people could carry around however much gold they wanted with no fear of it being taken.

#33 fs_gravely

fs_gravely
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:01

It's happened before, sure.

Claiming that "half the time" is the occurence ratio, and not specifying whether a counter happened because an idiot leveler got on the board for prestige farming and then countered after being cleared for a 10 stam clear, or whether a PvP player actually had someone lose five because someone cleared them are two wildly different scenarios.

You're just blowing smoke now, Doom.

#34 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:02

And I haven't called any one person anything, note. If you think I'm talking about you, why would that be?

ORLY? How about this reply to grant?

You are an idiot.

#35 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

You like to level, l like to PvP. Simple. - You levelers are in larger number, you should be able to stand up and take 5 from bullies with ease. But instead all you all are doing is whining about it.

PvP player NEED levellers.

Levellers don't NEED pvp players.

Bottom line is mostly levellers want nothing to do with 'your' aspect of the game, these ghey recent additions do nothing more than try and force something on 'us' that we do not want.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#36 fs_gravely

fs_gravely
  • Guests

One fundamental flaw int he system: making a level takes 1800 to 2200 stam, typically. But taking a level off the BB takes 10 100-stam hits. So one sadist can completely stop two levelers from EVER getting past them ...

unless the levelers pay protection FSP to HC after every hunt and buy more bank deposits.

It's not the thieves and bullies that levelers need to stand up to: It's Hunted Cow,
the people who make the most profit of the thieves and bullies.

Hmmm, I wonder if saying that will get me banned.

You're so cute when you whine. Hurry up and level, I have conversations to have with you directly.

#37 fs_nthnclls

fs_nthnclls
  • Guests

1. Arena
2. in-game shops

... what did i miss?

All of which is available is SS2, and part of my point is that banking wouldn't be necessary without pvp.

#38 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:03

It's happened before, sure.

Claiming that "half the time" is the occurence ratio, and not specifying whether a counter happened because an idiot leveler got on the board for prestige farming and then countered after being cleared for a 10 stam clear, or whether a PvP player actually had someone lose five because someone cleared them are two wildly different scenarios.

You're just blowing smoke now, Doom.

Trying to discredit what I say by pointing out one badly worded phrase is a common tactic in these kind of threads.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#39 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:04

All of which is available is SS2, and part of my point is that banking wouldn't be necessary without pvp.

Perhaps they are but there isn't either amount of players OR content to make any of them viable, so the comparison fails.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#40 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:05

and neither sink more gold in a day than what PvPers would on a slow day... especially now that more and more PvPers are crawling up to the narrow end of the playing field ;)

PvP player NEED levellers.

Levellers don't NEED pvp players.

Bottom line is mostly levellers want nothing to do with 'your' aspect of the game, these ghey recent additions do nothing more than try and force something on 'us' that we do not want.

levellers may not need PvPers, but the game does... =\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: