#41 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:03

1 hit bounties are fine as are 10 it does not need to be changed

why are one hit bounties fine? what are they used for besides getting your BH medal easier?

#42 fs_nthnclls

fs_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:04

About the minimum number of hits on a bounty...great, but also make there be a maximum. If the min is 10 like you said in the OP (I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, sorry), then make the max 15 or something, that way people don't get carried away (or 20...)

What about removing the choice altogether so everyone is subject to the same bounty of ten attacks? I mean, the 10 attack system has always worked, its the abuse through selling one hit bounties that is trying to be stopped. If you increase the maximum, it would likely result in the same thing only with people selling ten hit bounties instead :|

Edit- opps quoted the wrong person at first lol :oops:

That works too, lol :P

#43 fs_redline5

fs_redline5
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:05

I beg to differ, this is how the 'ladder' is abused. They should all be 10 hits imo, to make the ladder more 'fair'. Even though the ladder will reset every few weeks, if this part of the update isn't implemented, then it will be very easy to get that #1 spot every week, especially with the latest 900 buffs.

#44 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:05

Revenge Hit..if someone attacks me, i can attack them back for the same amount(or double reward sticking up for yourself) xp/gold/pvp rating but i lose my ability to bounty..i have 48 or 24 hours to attack back

#45 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:06

why are one hit bounties fine? what are they used for besides getting your BH medal easier?

i am sure many other people take 1 hit bountys whats the big deal i play within the rules its perfectly ok

yea people do it..but is it good for the game? whats the challenge? whats the point of putting someone up for one bounty kill? tis either to piss some 'hardcore pvper' off or to abuse the system into getting things HANDED to you

#46 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:09

Revenge Hit..if someone attacks me, i can attack them back for the same amount(or double reward sticking up for yourself) xp/gold/pvp rating but i lose my ability to bounty..i have 48 or 24 hours to attack back

What does this got to do with the PvP ladder?

#47 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:12

shhhh..

#48 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:13

i only do 1 hit bountys only for a bounty medal not for the pvp rating

have fun earning your medal.. :roll:

#49 fs_coyotik

fs_coyotik
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:13

i only do 1 hit bountys only for a bounty medal not for the pvp rating

And that's exactly why they should be scrapped. It's another flawed medal that should have been given out for bounty KILLS in completed bounties.

#50 fs_redline5

fs_redline5
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:14

I beg to differ, this is how the 'ladder' is abused. They should all be 10 hits imo, to make the ladder more 'fair'. Even though the ladder will reset every few weeks, if this part of the update isn't implemented, then it will be very easy to get that #1 spot every week, especially with the latest 900 buffs.

i tried to take a 10 hit bounty and cos of you i lost 5 levels i like 1 hit bountys and always will

lol, cause of me? yeah ok, you are the one who chose to take my bounty, w/e, back on subject :

Also while adjusting the pvp part of the game, why not make tweaks to the enhancements that are 'supposed' to kick in? More than a 1-50 chance.... like MasterThief :D and how about tweaking the xp loss overall? Example, player A hits player B for 2.5 mil xp on a 100 stam hit, but player A ( if put on the board by player B) will lose approx 4.5 mil xp on 1 - 100 stam hit from someone hitting them on bb... I'm using these xp figures because that's approx what it is at these higher lvls.... so... I do understand that pvp is part of the game, but the xp thing to me doesn't work out, make it even at least lol.

#51 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:14

It's a little off-topic, but one thing we could look at in regards to detecting what gold a player has is for it to consume one stamina to 'examine' the player to see if they have gold on them. :)

#52 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:16

It's a little off-topic, but one thing we could look at in regards to detecting what gold a player has is for it to consume one stamina to 'examine' the player to see if they have gold on them. :)

Instead of clicking their profile?

#53 fs_redline5

fs_redline5
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:17

How about really 'spicing' thing up... and being able to take gold from another players bank, not only gold on hand ;) :idea: :D

#54 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:17

i kinda like this..it will give those with gold on hand a way to 'hide' it until someone is sniffin around..BUT im kinda liking the amount of bounties on the board lately due to the FSHelper feature that shows gold on hand

#55 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:19

Its ok, most of us are guilty of going off topic here and there it would seem, why not you too :lol:

I like this idea myself, it would make sense to me, and one stamina isnt much to ask at all. What about 1 stamina to survey someone for an hour? So if your stalking them during their hunt to look at the time to optimize for hitting for gold, it wouldnt cost you 1 stamina over and over? :) I think this is a fair compromise to those who recently have said the Helpers "auto gold sort" thing and the enhanced find player search were too much. Just me though. . . .

#56 psycho3103

psycho3103

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:23

i tried to take a 10 hit bounty and cos of you i lost 5 levels i like 1 hit bountys and always will

you know, this makes me want to 100 stam you every time i see you on the bounty board. I'm 57% into my crystal bh medal, and i've earned every bit of it. my longest bty was over 4 hours. i don't quit.

#57 fs_coyotik

fs_coyotik
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:25

Instead of clicking their profile?

You would have to spend 1 stam ON their profile to see how much gold they have.
(But, then, it's a bad idea - easily abused with multies)

#58 fs_coyotik

fs_coyotik
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:28

Hoof, could you clarify about the VL changes? Was it dropped intentionally or just overlooked? I think that even most PvPers don't have a problem to return to the pre-VL era in the sense that if you get smacked by 5 levels, you can no longer harass the original target - so delevels again become an efficient defensive mechanism.

#59 abhorrence

abhorrence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:40

10 minimum is fine - otherwise you just get the ""buying 1-hit bounties" to "cheat" their way to the bounty medal. Be interesting to make the number higher tho, so that the aggrieved can, if they want to, make it a 25 hit bounty. Could mix it up a bit ...

25 hit bounty would take 50 minutes to clear with no loses .... with deflect on will take over 2 hours to clear....

#60 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:46

Choosing how to clear a bounty is part of the fun in my opinion. A new "regulated" bounty hunting/counter system would be ridiculous I think.

Take the pvp points out of it as priory suggested, hell take prestige out too if ya want, I wouldn't care.

Hell of an idea doing away with the 1 kill bounty that has flawed a Medal that means something to some. The suggested minimal 10 is good, and I even like the idea of a 25 kill bounty.

Removing the ability to Bounty a PvP Ladder attack is something I've been thinking about. If enough people want it, I don't see why not. It might be a relatively easy tweak, unlike the rest of the suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: