#41 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:53

Please cease all attacks from this Guild to others

That was sent to me by a Cow.

We're not allowed to attack them, full stop. And if we dont listen?

All players who have issued a report to us regarding this shall be informed to report any further abuse from this Guild, anything we deem as abusive shall result in further action being taken

#42 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:54

makes you wonder how this company lasted for more then a month....

starting in 2011, leveling is illegal, it might offend someone

#43 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:58

Please cease all attacks from this Guild to others

That was sent to me by a Cow.

We're not allowed to attack them, full stop. And if we dont listen?

All players who have issued a report to us regarding this shall be informed to report any further abuse from this Guild, anything we deem as abusive shall result in further action being taken

That's a bunch of cowpoop, and i've seen it more than once. If threats and abusive language accompany the hit i dont have a problem with it. But I've seen this a lot where that didn't apply.

Hourly 100 stams are allowed by game mechanics, no reason is needed to be given or implied. There are game mechanics in place to counter said attacks: Bounty and take 5 levels, repeatedly if needed.

Having a dev tell me I cant attack someone just because they sent in a ticket and cried is cowpoop!!!

#44 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:58

I'd remove that, you're not allowed to quote (and discuss?) tickets.

EDIT: but what the raspberry, sometimes it's needed =P

#45 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:59

you cant sneeze without a warning....

#46 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 16:01

It wasnt a ticket, it was a PM sent to me by a Cow.

#47 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 16:07

yea, the cows have sent ingame Pm's about this matter a few times :cry: but we still defend relics with 100 stam hits, especially if someone constantly takes an empowered relic daily, gotta have proof to the cows that they harassed you 1st :shock:

#48 fs_regnier7

fs_regnier7
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 16:08

No, that is childishness.

Diplomacy is the agreements made due to deterrence of attacks. Whether explicit or implicit these agreements are an essential part of relic defense.

yup, mostly between guilds who both have access to the resources and don't need to fight over them.

Aside from allies, I don't really think there's anymore official relic agreements anyhow. lol
Moreso a mutual understanding between guilds since taking the others relic only means possible loss of your own and no real benefit.

#49 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 16:11

It wasnt a ticket, it was a PM sent to me by a Cow.

I've started to wonder if this is just an attempt to keep everyone happy, but what it does is making people insecure about how to interpretate the rules (I mean the game mechanics allows it, how do I know when I'm braking some rule that isn't stated in the user agreement?). Does it matter who's looking at the "situation" and what mood their in? Introducing a subjective aspect to this is probably causing more load on the admins (who should be focusing on _real_ problems in game such as real life threats, people using more than one account etc).

#50 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 November 2010 - 16:15

If frequent and constant 100 stamming is not allowed, then shouldn't it be fair that frequent and constant relic taking by the guild from another guild especially when it's a fully empowered relic, also not be allowed?

I disagree. A guild has every right to take a relic whenever they want. Is it rude and looked down on? Yes. Can it be used for childish reasons? Yes. But that is the risk a guild takes when they Empower a Relic. HCS has no place in telling a guild they can't take a relic. It may be a hard pill to swallow but that is just how it is and how it ought to be.

So, why should someone be told to stop 100 stamming someone else?

HCS has no place telling someone they cant attack another player when they give you a button to do just that.

They shouldn't be told that. HCS goes to far by intervening in 100 stams but it is what it is.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#51 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 16:17

I disagree. A guild has every right to take a relic whenever they want. Is it rude and looked down on? Yes. Can it be used for childish reasons? Yes. But that is the risk a guild takes when they Empower a Relic. HCS has no place in telling a guild they can't take a relic. It may be a hard pill to swallow but that is just how it is and how it ought to be.

there is no issue with relics being taken as that is part of the game,, the issue is that the guild that has their relic taken has no way of defending the relic or retaliating against the guild that takes it

Read the post I quoted as referring to. It was towards a certain player not to the topic in general.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#52 Solitary

Solitary

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 16:30

~ xakano says: Hi there, We have received complaints regarding your Guild PvP'ing other players due to them taking Relics that your Guild have held. Also, attempts at a Bounty Board Battle have been deemed as abusing the PvP system. Please cease all attacks from this Guild to others, also please cease any attempts via players bio\'s or messages etc in attempts to save your Bounties for certain players. All players who have issued a report to us regarding this shall be informed to report any further abuse from this Guild, anything we deem as abusive shall result in further action being taken. Please issue this warning to your Guild mates as soon as possible. Thank you, regards, Xakano. ~

I've come across several Guilds who post their "philosophical" remarks in their profiles concerning Relics and abuse any particular Guild at any given time repeatedly; but when those Guilds get fed up with the instigation and finally do something about it (i.e. PVP etc.) those Guilds can call "harassment". Is it not harassment to be doing what these hypocrites are doing in the first place? Some may argue that taking Relics is all within the rules of the game, but isn't it just the same with PVP? They're both parts of the game, and if one Guild wishes to bring attention upon themselves and reveal that they have valid targets within their Guild for Members of that Guild to do so, they shouldn't be allowed to complain when such action is taken. Everyone has donated to the game through various means, purchased their Stamina, XP, and their respective Gains, and I see no reason why they cannot use their Stamina how they see fit, whether that be PVP, GVG, Hunting or otherwise. The means to protect themselves are made available to them through Equipment, XP Lock Upgrades and Bank Deposits, and so is the availability to Bounty their respective Attacker(s). So why should HCS even consider intervening?

#53 Snowy900

Snowy900

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 17:34

so it seems now that you can go take someones empowered relic and then cry to HCS when the other guild retaliates in the only real way they can with 100stam hits,, is HCS trying to appease levelin guilds

#54 fs_gravely

fs_gravely
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 17:45

Also, attempts at a Bounty Board Battle have been deemed as abusing the PvP system. Please cease all attacks from this Guild to others, also please cease any attempts via players bio's or messages etc in attempts to save your Bounties for certain players.

This is UTTER BULLHOCKEY.

Wars have been waged in this fashion for as long as I have been in FS.

Administrators and / or developers need to comment on this, right now, as that is how I have always understood wars to operate.

There has to be a consistent policy in place, or you cannot expect players to follow it nor enforce it with any hope of success.

#55 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 17:53

Also, attempts at a Bounty Board Battle have been deemed as abusing the PvP system. Please cease all attacks from this Guild to others, also please cease any attempts via players bio's or messages etc in attempts to save your Bounties for certain players.

This is UTTER BULLHOCKEY.

Wars have been waged in this fashion for as long as I have been in FS.

Administrators and / or developers need to comment on this, right now, as that is how I have always understood wars to operate.

There has to be a consistent policy in place, or you cannot expect or enforce it with any hope of success.

The only sustainable policy is the one implemented in game mechanics, otherwise there will always be room for someone-having-a-bad-day or only-getting-one-side-of-the-story kinda situations.

It should be about who manages to execute their tactic to the fullest, not who sends in a ticket first. =S

#56 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 18:26

It's very interesting that I open the forum and this is the first topic I see. I have not read any of the replies to this thread. Our guild, We Are Legends, has just had an experience with this exact topic. an unnamed guild began to continually take a relic that we held and empowered, so that our guild members could no longer gain the benefits. They usually chose to do so once people were hunting and we had RP packs going. Sure, relics are there to be taken by anyone, and that's cool. However, we decided to try hurting them by pvp'ing some of their members.

Lo and behold we got a message from support saying that we can no longer pvp any member of their guild because they received "complaints that we pvp'ed them because they took our relic". Um, I thought that Fallen Sword was a PVP game? I have been hearing this since the day I began playing. I thought that any player could attack any other player who is within their range at any time and for any reason. Isn't this true? This guild has essentially now "opted out" of any pvp activity from our guild. This is absolutely wrong, in my opinion. In a PvP game there can not be double standards made in relation to PvP.

We wanted to make them think twice about taking the relic by affecting some of their levelers. But now HCS has told us not to. Oh, and they've also told us that we can no longer put in our bio that we'd like to reserve bounties for certain players or guilds. I didn't read anywhere in the game rules where this was prohibited. Bounty Hunters are going to take the bounties they want. they are not required to respect wishes that someone makes in a bio.

HCS has done so much to help out the PVP aspect of the game and now they say that we cannot pvp against certain players. they are now establishing "guidelines" for what the proper "reasons" are for someone to engage in PvP. I thought that I didn't have to have a reason, that I could just "do it" if I wanted to because I felt like it. Guess not. I do not know exactly what HCS' reasons are here. they continually say that there is no favoritism showed to any player or guild over another. However, I have my suspicions of why a directive like this could occur. If an HCS member reads this particular post, I wouldn't mind having you explain why you would tell a guild that its members could not do PvP against certain players in a game where you continually say to us "it's a PvP game". Thanks. I know I rambled, but in my opinion HCS made a bad decision. Still love the game though.

#57 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 18:32

I am curious to see what HCS will say publicly on this issue, if anything. They issue the warnings deeming certain guilds reasons for fighting as 'unacceptable', yet do not change the rules to fit what they are saying. If there are no trash talking messages, why is HCS stepping in to protect guilds who start issues they can't take the consequences of? Why is a guild not allowed to fight a 'war' when they have a reason for doing so, and yet are told we can fight by the rules of the game? Why are we allowed to hit every hour and then warned against doing so? If we start turning in tickets for everything said or done to our guild, is HCS going to step in and protect us in the same way it does these leveling guilds? Or when we ask questions, will they continue to tell us nonsense like "This is the way it is. We will not change our mind, and we will not discuss it any further." It is confusing and leaves players without any real idea of what is allowed and not allowed within the game. One set of rules has to fit for all, period. If HCS continues to step in constantly to protect people when they start issues in the game, it is quickly going to become the norm to whine to HCS to protect us. Is that really the precedent we want to see set?

#58 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 18:36

The sad thing is that if HCS reads this thread and decides to post than the only thing they will say is "we do not show favoritism" and never comment again possibly locking the thread. They know if they say anything about the actual problem it is a double edged sword. If they say they do think PvP should have guidelines and reasons than a huge player backlash will happen, if they say they don't need a reason than all the ones affected by other peoples tickets will backlash. It is a lose-lose for HCS and they know that. Although it is their fault for making the mistake to begin with I doubt for HCS will have much traffic in this thread.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#59 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 18:36

They started "enforcing" this policy in june or july btw glad you all are catching up :lol:

#60 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 18:50

It's very interesting that I open the forum and this is the first topic I see. I have not read any of the replies to this thread. Our guild, We Are Legends, has just had an experience with this exact topic. an unnamed guild began to continually take a relic that we held and empowered, so that our guild members could no longer gain the benefits. They usually chose to do so once people were hunting and we had RP packs going. Sure, relics are there to be taken by anyone, and that's cool. However, we decided to try hurting them by pvp'ing some of their members.

Lo and behold we got a message from support saying that we can no longer pvp any member of their guild because they received "complaints that we pvp'ed them because they took our relic". Um, I thought that Fallen Sword was a PVP game? I have been hearing this since the day I began playing. I thought that any player could attack any other player who is within their range at any time and for any reason. Isn't this true? This guild has essentially now "opted out" of any pvp activity from our guild. This is absolutely wrong, in my opinion. In a PvP game there can not be double standards made in relation to PvP.

We wanted to make them think twice about taking the relic by affecting some of their levelers. But now HCS has told us not to. Oh, and they've also told us that we can no longer put in our bio that we'd like to reserve bounties for certain players or guilds. I didn't read anywhere in the game rules where this was prohibited. Bounty Hunters are going to take the bounties they want. they are not required to respect wishes that someone makes in a bio.

HCS has done so much to help out the PVP aspect of the game and now they say that we cannot pvp against certain players. they are now establishing "guidelines" for what the proper "reasons" are for someone to engage in PvP. I thought that I didn't have to have a reason, that I could just "do it" if I wanted to because I felt like it. Guess not. I do not know exactly what HCS' reasons are here. they continually say that there is no favoritism showed to any player or guild over another. However, I have my suspicions of why a directive like this could occur. If an HCS member reads this particular post, I wouldn't mind having you explain why you would tell a guild that its members could not do PvP against certain players in a game where you continually say to us "it's a PvP game". Thanks. I know I rambled, but in my opinion HCS made a bad decision. Still love the game though.

Requests in bios have been used as long as I've played, and it's always been up to the hunters to respect those or just don't give a rats about it. I don't like this development ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: