Photo

Official Suggestion : PvP Improvements (rev. 6)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
976 replies to this topic

#21 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:59

rev 5 was alot better sorry

LOL they offer you 75% reduction in lost exp and you wave it off like its nothing? wow

Proposal 5 *was* a lot better for levelers. Simple truth. In fact, it was too good.

thank you, too good means you kinda agree with me i think.....

#22 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:01

rev 5 was alot better sorry

LOL they offer you 75% reduction in lost exp and you wave it off like its nothing? wow

The other offered no xp and gold loss

no the other offered no experince loss for "opted-in" players. gold hits would still take the full amount of exp. from opted-out players, this is a drastic reduction and far better.

#23 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:01

Better I guess. Still a few additions I would like added.

1. A modifier for hitting active players (I can not copy past from my phone well) but it was as follows:
(1-(25-hours inactive))* the first part of your rating equation.

2. People only gain rating from the board if they are +/- 2 bands apart.

#24 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:02

[*]If you are defeated in combat (attacking or defending), you will lose 50% of the equivalent PvP Rating you would have gained if you won the combat. Note that your PvP Rating can never be reduced below 0. Note also you can only gain PvP Rating when initiating combat.

Attacking and losing should cause you to lose rating. Agreed.

Being attacked and defeated should not result in rating being lost ( while the attacker gains something) thats rating transfer, and isnt wanted. Cumulative score is what is wanted.

Agreed here.. this is what I was thinking when reading the thread. Please don't allow the rating transfer in any way, shape or form on regular attacks or the BB. Allow people to have high scores if they want to spend more stamina on it. Once you get to a certain point, you'll only be able to hit those around you anyway. The only thing that I see that can be a problem is the amount you could gain if you wait until the end to start PVP'ing and hit the top players in your ladder.

#25 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:03

now the 75% is a bit high, BUT its worth it to get the approval of the entire community. i dont see this getting turned down by very many at all. but when did the loss of rating come into play? is that in general or on the BB?

75% is high. I thought 50% to be fair *shrugs*

There shouldnt be any rating transfer. It's been discussed many times. A cumulative scoring system. based on activity. Now If you attack someone and Lose? Then of course you lose xp, and rating.BUT they dont gain anything. That part makes sense.

#26 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:05

Agreed here.. this is what I was thinking when reading the thread. Please don't allow the rating transfer in any way, shape or form on regular attacks or the BB. Allow people to have high scores if they want to spend more stamina on it. Once you get to a certain point, you'll only be able to hit those around you anyway. The only thing that I see that can be a problem is the amount you could gain if you wait until the end to start PVP'ing and hit the top players in your ladder.

You gain the full 100 against people in the top ten( if you are in the top ten too). So unless they hit you a tonne and you dont hit back. It wont matter.

#27 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:05

[*]Remove the need for the PvP Ladder opt-in/out by reducing the xp loss by 75% when a player has 0 PvP Rating.

Tell me if i understnad this right?

If i hit a player for gold and i get automatically opted into the ladder? What if i have no interest in playing the ladder? It would be like automatic punishment for playing a part of the game i love. :(

On top of that this proposed "fix" isn't going to fix the core problems with the ladder. The rich players with all the best equipment and buffs are going to dominate. The less haves are going to stay away from it. And it's the less haves that make up the majority of the pvpers in the game.

Edit> oops

#28 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:06

PvP protection should be trashed..

#29 fs_liuskoj

fs_liuskoj
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:06

+1, the 75% reduction is enough.

#30 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:08

[*]Remove the need for the PvP Ladder opt-in/out by reducing the xp loss by 75% when a player has 0 PvP Rating.

If i hit a player for gold and i get automatically opted into the ladder? What if i have no interest in playing the ladder? It would be like automatic punishment for playing a part of the game i love. :(

On top of that this proposed "fix" isn't going to fix the core problems with the ladder. The rich players with all the best equipment and buffs are going to dominate. The less haves are going to stay away from it. And it's the less haves that make up the majority of the pvpers in the game.

B you can hit anyone just like I can. Players with the good stuff dominate arena, titans( the ones who have more experience do better) And players level faster with better gear. I dont see an issue.

You dont have to PLAY the ladder. If someone randomly 100 stams u for rating? Post em. ;)

#31 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:09

Were fortunate to throw away the opt in/out

#32 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Edit> no poll this time? Going to push it through without the 80% approval rating you were looking for?

well if you want to put it that way ALL aspect of the game are this way. the richest players do better in the arena statistically, the richest players level faster and more often then others, the richest players have the fastest net connections giving the the advantage in titans. thats one part of the game i have had to come to accept, being a non-donor. yet i find no problem with this system......

#33 fs_dsjupiter

fs_dsjupiter
  • Guests

now the 75% is a bit high, BUT its worth it to get the approval of the entire community. i dont see this getting turned down by very many at all. but when did the loss of rating come into play? is that in general or on the BB?

There shouldnt be any rating transfer. It's been discussed many times. A cumulative scoring system. based on activity. Now If you attack someone and Lose? Then of course you lose xp, and rating.BUT they dont gain anything. That part makes sense.

So let me get this straight,

Player X is on the BB, players A attacks and wins. No rating transfer just normal xp and gold loss.
Player A attacks again and loses, and loses rating? No matter the levels of the 2 players if they are in the same band or not?

#34 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:10

B you can hit anyone just like I can. Players with the good stuff dominate arena, titans( the ones who have more experience do better) And players level faster with better gear. I dont see an issue.

You dont have to PLAY the ladder. If someone randomly 100 stams u for rating? Post em. ;)

No one likely to get the chance if this drives me away from pvp. :( Isn't the whole point to get more players active in pvp? This will have the opposite effect.

#35 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:10

Looks like this is as good as it will get. I'm not opposed to potential rating loss on BB - if it's confined to the active range & makes some lackey leveler feel better that my offense's were putting me at some sort of greater risk lol. Oh no's my pixels are shrinking. I think protection/exp lock can see it's way out given the proposed reduction for non participants.

#36 Arnagast

Arnagast

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:11

I don't quite understand why 75% less xp is a concern to pvp'ers when were on 0, I thought pvp'ing was about who is the best, not how much Xp can i take from someone just to annoy them.
Anyway good to see were working it out and the best suggestion (rev.6) by far.

#37 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:12

@ hoof 75% and no pvp protection. OR 50%xp loss and pvp protection is available.

#38 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:12

So let me get this straight,

Player X is on the BB, players A attacks and wins. No rating transfer just normal xp and gold loss.
Player A attacks again and loses, and loses rating? No matter the levels of the 2 players if they are in the same band or not?

What i mean by transfer is You lose rating.. and i gain it. IE: I TAKE your rating.<-- we dun want that ;)

We suggested rating GAIN.

Play A clears player B, and gains rating.( player B loses NO rating)

Player A dies when trying to clear player B , Player A loses rating ( player B gains NO rating)

#39 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:13

@ hoof 75% and no pvp protection. OR 50%xp loss and pvp protection is available.

+1

#40 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:13

I don't quite understand why 75% less xp is a concern to pvp'ers when were on 0, I thought pvp'ing was about who is the best, not how much Xp can i take from someone just to annoy them.
Anyway good to see were working it out and the best suggestion (rev.6) by far.

XP should still be lost no matter what the reasoning behind it. You are killed, period. When you are killed by a monster, you lose XP and gold. When you are killed by an SE, you lose XP and gold. When you are killed by another player, you lose XP and gold. They have just reduced the amount you lose by 75%, which I believe it too high, but it's a compromise that most PVP'ers can live with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: