You basic One-hitting Guide to levels 140-185

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 fs_mrwright

fs_mrwright
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:36

That mancrusha set should be trashed at lvl 140, only amulet can be used later.

I disagree.

My setup was:

FF Mancrusha set
FF Rune of Decay
FF Helm of Ilami
FF Lesser Santork Claws
FF Drake Sword
FF Drake Shield

All lv up points in damage, and all the offensive buffs+ last ditch and force shield.

I 1-hit straight through to 150 with this setup.

#42 fs_stygn

fs_stygn
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:14

Really good guide!!

I got really angry, cause I spend a good amount of fsp on buying new stuff... I tried to attack, and.. I missed, and lost.

I thougt "Oh, bad luck.."

So.. I kept on till I lost 4 times.. and I was really mad...

But. Then I realized I didn't have any offencive buffs on : P

The DC is really important at first cause of the low attack.

DC and EW, best 2 buffs for lvl 140 and up.. : )

So, thanks for the guide : )

#43 fs_bmaggot

fs_bmaggot
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:18

i'm one hitting cave wights at 185 and i'll do that at 186 with:

marpolo set (poor - average - average)
amulet of eighast
cleaver of alzarn (perfect, 3HF (i believe you don't need HF on this to 1 hit, just perfect item))
drake shield
samaels void ring (excellent)
boots of pelacroz
greshas rune

#44 fs_paladinsk

fs_paladinsk
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2008 - 16:55

any chance of one hitting after level 185? :)

#45 fs_maegglin

fs_maegglin
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2008 - 17:39

All undead I've met past 185 ( that is all four of them) can be one hit - at least in theory.

#46 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 19:08

Where this obsession of one hit on those levels did come from? :? You are fine with ~1300 damage until 140 lvl and suddenly you are asked to have ~1800-2100 damage... that doesn't sound like that you should go through those levels with one hitting... If you put everything into damage you will be killed several times regardless of your devastating damage ... besides you will be an easy target in PvP, as everything is put into damage points. Those levels are 2 hitting +balanced armor and attack.. that also makes guild groups more balanced for elite hunting.. If that is a concept then Decay or Darklore runes should be changed to Jahd Rune instead of carrying till 168 lvl, The Deep + Mancrusha sets will work for much longer period... that actually explains why Deep set costs slightly more than other sets, but Mancrusha set shouldn't be expensive at all... all those expensive damage-oriented items lose their worthiness as well as expensive level point reset... I see balanced stats of attack > 1000, armour > 1000, and damage around 1400 is more beneficial for all activities in this game... It's even kind of problem to form a balanced guild group capable to beat a decent target when there are so many obsessive one-hitters :roll:

#47 fs_whiskeyjim

fs_whiskeyjim
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:12

This is not really a guide - more like a list of the highest possible damage gear. It can induce a false sense of certitude (I will buy all this and then I will kill everything in my path) - while it's not like that. The essential of one hit killing past 140 is "understand what you are doing"... There is no fast, lazy road.

Yup. So my goal is to one hit ALL CREATURES. Therefore you must change back to Mancrusha on Level 143 - 144 if you want to one hit there.

I've put together screenshots and spreadsheets of my gear, buffs and stats vs. the creatures for every level so far on our guild forum, if you are interested. You don't have to register if you don't post.

As an example, here's my stats at Level 142. Remember, you've got to have DC to get enough attack:

Posted Image

If you don't want to register on the Forum, you can just look at the Spreadsheet stats here. There's a separate tab for each level. Sorry, I didn't want to post so many images on this forum.

And don't forget, if they get lucky, you die. So send your gold to a guild member often, b/c I die about 4 times a day even while I farm everything in sight; you don't lose much xp, but the gold can get expensive if you're not watching.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you the new spreadsheet urls as I level up, or keep checking my Forum. I am taking part of the fun out of it for you though:)

#48 fs_maegglin

fs_maegglin
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2008 - 14:15

Where this obsession of one hit on those levels did come from? :? You are fine with ~1300 damage until 140 lvl and suddenly you are asked to have ~1800-2100 damage... that doesn't sound like that you should go through those levels with one hitting... If you put everything into damage you will be killed several times regardless of your devastating damage ... besides you will be an easy target in PvP, as everything is put into damage points. Those levels are 2 hitting +balanced armor and attack.. that also makes guild groups more balanced for elite hunting.. If that is a concept then Decay or Darklore runes should be changed to Jahd Rune instead of carrying till 168 lvl, The Deep + Mancrusha sets will work for much longer period... that actually explains why Deep set costs slightly more than other sets, but Mancrusha set shouldn't be expensive at all... all those expensive damage-oriented items lose their worthiness as well as expensive level point reset... I see balanced stats of attack > 1000, armour > 1000, and damage around 1400 is more beneficial for all activities in this game... It's even kind of problem to form a balanced guild group capable to beat a decent target when there are so many obsessive one-hitters :roll:

Somehow you are right. These areas were initially intended to force people into two hitting (that was before deep and mancrusha even existed, not to mention decay and the rest). In fact, even areas past 80 were originally intended for two hitting....

However, even back then, when no forging and no legendary stuff were available, and when a darklore rune would cost 50+ FSP, people were still trying to one hit, even with the modest gear available. Two reasons:

- one hitting means getting double exp and gold compared to two hitting. The occasional death does not hurt that much (evel less now when doubler *4 exists) and- vulnerable to PvP ? Please..who will attack you if you have no gold on you - and why? And how would 7-800 points in armor prevent you from being targeted anyway ?

- the pure pleasure of a challenge - to beat the odds and the machine. There are many ingenious tricks people have come with to realise the fabled 1 hit there.

Nowadays, with forging, cheap legendaries, Lesser Santork claws, Decay rune, Improved damage structures, beserk 200 - things are tons easier - but you still have the pleasure of designing your gear according to your enemy and your budget.

#49 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 17:09

- one hitting means getting double exp and gold compared to two hitting.

I see... but that is true if all other conditions are the same.. but they are not... First, of course, one hitting saves your stamina, but I am not sure that all one-hitters use it efficiently after that... sometimes rushing for everything offensive makes players less concentrated on other buffs that increase efficiency of stamina usage... Besides, it's not easy to buy all needed buffs in one place... So, I guess researching areas and creatures, planning your hunting, knowing the time when you don't have to go behind other players and kill one creature in one location, and proper buffs of higher levels can compensate those stamina losses comparing to one hitting... As for gold, one hitting on those levels mean more gold spended on buying offensive buffs of higher levels, so it's questionable... though probably you are right...

#50 fs_paladinsk

fs_paladinsk
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2008 - 15:21

how bout a 2-hitting guide for level 200+ ? :D

#51 fs_bmaggot

fs_bmaggot
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:44

how bout a 2-hitting guide for level 200+ ? :D

is it possible? :D

#52 fs_paladinsk

fs_paladinsk
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2008 - 17:10

of course it is :P im happy 2 hitting until now with hunter and tarbidas but I need more info what to use next

#53 fs_me94555221

fs_me94555221
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:56

i've had no trouble killing any monsters from level 175+. my gear is:

ff perf marpolo set
ff ammy of sidel
ff boots of pelecroz
ff greshas rune
ff drake shield
ff ax of bretta
ff greater ring of helshal

getting some 3k damage with ew. reach 3.1k damage with ew, berserk, fury, and ea. if trade the ring for a ff void ring, damage might be able to reach 3.2k.

#54 fs_ishy7

fs_ishy7
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:56

WOW im amazed as how many high lvl players are asking
for WHAT TO WEAR
if you ask me if you are at this in lvl
you should already know how things works
dont think there will ALWAYS be a guide on what to use
dont be lazy and look on the guild and you will see
thats its much easier
jeez
my thoughts lol
carry on lol :P

#55 fs_paladinsk

fs_paladinsk
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:44

WOW im amazed...
dont be lazy and look on the guild and you will see...

and what if youre one of the strongest ones in the guild :D and everytime I check the top 250 list, they all are offline with their lame 4000 defense 200 attack 200 armor sets....

#56 fs_deemer

fs_deemer
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2008 - 21:15

From level 175 on just go Marpolo and damage items, Marpolo is WAY overkill from 176-186. No forging needed.

#57 fs_ishy7

fs_ishy7
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:04

WOW im amazed...
dont be lazy and look on the guild and you will see...

and what if youre one of the strongest ones in the guild :D and everytime I check the top 250 list, they all are offline with their lame 4000 defense 200 attack 200 armor sets....

if you are on the 250 list then it woulnt take a smart person
to just look on the creature stats
you know that eye thats on the map
if you click on it, it will show you his stats

#58 fs_me94555221

fs_me94555221
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:08

best way to find out what set you want to use is to use a guide to find the stats of the creatures you're killing, and customize your set by looking at items around your level and getting specific ones to help you kill.

#59 fs_bratpaq

fs_bratpaq
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2008 - 13:27

i wonder why amulet of eighast was not mentioned? its for 168 to 171, it would replace the mancruasha amulet for a while until you can wear sidel. and its cheap, i bought mine for 3500 gold

#60 fs_eddyd

fs_eddyd
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:56

Just a note, I believe this was made before the Baron set even came out, so if there is a little discretion, that is why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: