#1 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:56

Hi HCS,

I am not going to write a very long post (like I usually do), will just jump write into it BUT 1st ……

So let’s start …..

Make only Seasonal Titans TKP be awarded to the Player, NOT to the GUILD !!! “Free-for-All”

Titan Event last for about 2 weeks, I am in a “big” guild & over 98% of my members are automatically excluded because we can only get 2 secures per titan every year !!!

PROS

• EVERYONE can partake in the Event
  • Huge increase in Competition
  • Increased Player activity (more online players like in every Event which does NOT exclude any players)
  • Big guilds will NOT have any advantage in numbers over small guilds
  • Small guilds will have the SAME chance as big guilds since Seasonal TKP will be contributed to the player & NOT to the guild

CONS

• Less profit for Only "1 man guilds" !!!

As I have mentioned a couple times before in forum, I am in a big guild & in the last 3 years I managed to only hunt the Mirka Titan ONCE & that was because of 2 "coincidences" which are:

• I was online when the Seasonal Titans were 1st released
  • for some "odd" reason 5 Mirka Titans were realesed at the same time

if it were not for these 2 "coincidences" then I would not have been able to hunt a single Seasonal Titan in the last 3 years due to being in a big guild !!!

IMO Events should NOT exclude any players, EVERYONE should be able to partake like in any Event so far (Globals, LEs, Caves, XP, ….) EVEN the PvP Event (Seasons) lets you hit guild mates !!!

Currently me & everyone who is in an “average – big “ guild hardly have any chance to participate in the Titan Event at all !!! :(

This thread is about SEASONAL Titans, NOT normal Titans which spawn all year & can be “theoretically” secured 52 times per year by a guild UNLIKE Seasonal Titans (=only 2 secures per year) !!!

again, PLEASE FIX BUGS !!! (I have reported many myself, some over a year ago)

please feel free to discuss / agree / disagree + most importantly give a REASON WHY !!!

as usual please keep it civil & ignore trolls whose aim is just to start a fight / get the topic closed, THANKS

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#2 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:02

+1

I have never hunted the seasonals.

og3DxyP.gif

#3 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:13

quite like this idea havent titan hunted since they first came out

#4 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:45

about time, excellent idea mary, last season event I could only hunt 1 titan for 15 minutes (lol) together with 4 other guild mates

Edited by maxdragon, 09 July 2017 - 08:46.

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:00

Titans cause me pain.... you can have mine.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:53

I'm gonna say yes to all the prequels - overpowered potions, bug fixes etc etc, but NO to the seasonal titans giving PERSONAL vs GUILD tkp.

All that will accomplish is putting certain guilds back in titan dominance again - and that's not good for the game.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#7 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:55

I'm gonna say yes to all the prequels - overpowered potions, bug fixes etc etc, but NO to the seasonal titans giving PERSONAL vs GUILD tkp.

All that will accomplish is putting certain guilds back in titan dominance again - and that's not good for the game.

you got it wrong mate, its player vs player

you can be in the fastest guild but it will not matter, everyone is on his own

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 13:40

How when TKP is player based? You dont earn the tkp as a guild only what you put into it yourself alone. Teleport and TD has evened the playing ground immensely. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 09 July 2017 - 13:41.

#9 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 19:01

Another great idea!

I prefer new game development instead of continuing to chase down the mobile platform rabbit hole at the expense of current players. Hoof's basically been soloing coding development for 10 years on this game. Was forethought into the game's future missed somewhere?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#10 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 19:30

@lu: Are you saying zorg does nothing?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#11 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 20:55

@lu: Are you saying zorg does nothing?

If I extrapolate from the number of FS forum posts Zorg has made since the failed Seasons update, then yes, I would say he has little involvement in the coding of Hoof's baby  Fallensword. Since the game's inception Hoof has been the only coding developer I would say with some assistance from Zorg. Apologies if I've hurt any feelings of others who have added to the game but that's how I see it.

Are you saying that there is plenty of coding development recently by anyone in the game?

Back on this topic, however, the game's development of ideas such as this one proffered has been neglected. Maybe I've missed it since I choose to only play this HCS game but I think Fallensword is probably still the cash cow of the company. Eldevin might have started with a surge but doesn't appear to have caught the steam of this game. Again just my opinion. Coding development support has been dismal for many moons. I wouldn't put as much thought into a game improvement, as Mary did here, that Hoof couldn't upgrade in a couple hours max. He's busy, I got it. So are my donations. Quid pro quo!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 July 2017 - 00:33

So, IF you change it to individual player TKP as opposed to Guild TKP (something I'm pretty sure has been suggested before and knocked on the head by BG), then how does cool-down work ?

Because, if it doesn't, it still makes for certain guilds dominating seasonal titans (which are, after all, the most lucrative ones) to the exclusion of other players.

Heck, I'd be more on-board with this idea if it only applied to NON-Seasonal ones, but for seasonals ? - nope, NO vote here.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:17

With TD and TP everyones a fast TH. I probably wont participate either way but. New content is always good.

Edited by EpicPiety, 10 July 2017 - 01:30.

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:04

With TD and TP everyones a fast TH. I probably wont participate either way but. New content is always good.

not so.  titan hunting is impossible on my device.  see, you can't slide the map around to chase it

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:10

not so.  titan hunting is impossible on my device.  see, you can't slide the map around to chase it

PC users as this game was originally intended for

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:20

well my pc died of old age years ago, and I never particularly cared for titans even then.. I find them tedious and something to keep my guildies happy.  

you'd be surprised at the number of current players on a mobile device of some sort. please don't mock us or try to make us feel we don't belong.  we're the wave of the future.... keep up.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:32

well my pc died of old age years ago, and I never particularly cared for titans even then.. I find them tedious and something to keep my guildies happy.  

you'd be surprised at the number of current players on a mobile device of some sort. please don't mock us or try to make us feel we don't belong.  we're the wave of the future.... keep up.

Not mocking. TH was clearly designed for pc based users.

#18 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:44

myself dont really care about titans ,(arnt they a football team )

so how this work for the new app release then ???

5aZzW0p.png,

#19 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:53

Hi HCS,

I am not going to write a very long post (like I usually do), will just jump write into it BUT 1st ……

So let’s start …..

Make only Seasonal Titans TKP be awarded to the Player, NOT to the GUILD !!! “Free-for-All”

Titan Event last for about 2 weeks, I am in a “big” guild & over 98% of my members are automatically excluded because we can only get 2 secures per titan every year !!!

PROS

• EVERYONE can partake in the Event
  • Huge increase in Competition
  • Increased Player activity (more online players like in every Event which does NOT exclude any players)
  • Big guilds will NOT have any advantage in numbers over small guilds
  • Small guilds will have the SAME chance as big guilds since Seasonal TKP will be contributed to the player & NOT to the guild

CONS

• Less profit for Only "1 man guilds" !!!

As I have mentioned a couple times before in forum, I am in a big guild & in the last 3 years I managed to only hunt the Mirka Titan ONCE & that was because of 2 "coincidences" which are:

• I was online when the Seasonal Titans were 1st released
  • for some "odd" reason 5 Mirka Titans were realesed at the same time

if it were not for these 2 "coincidences" then I would not have been able to hunt a single Seasonal Titan in the last 3 years due to being in a big guild !!!

IMO Events should NOT exclude any players, EVERYONE should be able to partake like in any Event so far (Globals, LEs, Caves, XP, ….) EVEN the PvP Event (Seasons) lets you hit guild mates !!!

Currently me & everyone who is in an “average – big “ guild hardly have any chance to participate in the Titan Event at all !!! :(

This thread is about SEASONAL Titans, NOT normal Titans which spawn all year & can be “theoretically” secured 52 times per year by a guild UNLIKE Seasonal Titans (=only 2 secures per year) !!!

again, PLEASE FIX BUGS !!! (I have reported many myself, some over a year ago)

please feel free to discuss / agree / disagree + most importantly give a REASON WHY !!!

as usual please keep it civil & ignore trolls whose aim is just to start a fight / get the topic closed, THANKS

I liking this very much and I agreing :)

last year I could not hunting 1 titan from many seasonal titans in titan events but player who alone or in very small guild hunting every seasonal titan and getting 2 epics from every seasonal titan, one year and I could not hunting for one minute

2 year before I lucky and can hunting only 1 seasonal titan, my guild having many titan hunters but only little number of my guild can doing this titan event, this very sad

Make only Seasonal Titans TKP be awarded to the Player, NOT to the GUILD !!!

lol bro, you not reading, it personal tkp to player, not to guild

if you hunting seasonal titan you will hunting against all players, if you hunting with guild member then he not your ally, he your enemy like all players, everyone getting his personal tkp

this very good idea mary4ever and will letting me staying in game for titan event because I can titan hunting :)

now what we having in seasonal titan I and many player going offline for titan event because we not can hunting seasonal titan, this very sad

game should trying getting players playing fs game long time and not trying getting them leaving fs game because they can not doing event

I hoping hoofmaster will coming and reading this, this only needing little coding and can doing for next titan event for all players can having doing titan hunting :)

#20 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:38

All kidding aside, how does this possibly benefit the casual titan hunter?  Titans were designed to be a TEAM EFFORT, were they not?  Making any of them a one person free for all only benefits the pros, and small fry like me (on PC or mobile) don't stand a chance.  Seasonals are special critters, they're meant to be rare and hard to come by.  If you want your own, join the team.  The CD period was instituted in the first place to give smaller guilds a more equal playing field..

Now idc either way personally, but it seems to me that such a radical change is a step back.  That would be bad for the game.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: