• This topic is locked This topic is locked
149 replies to this topic

#101 Llamedos

Llamedos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:01

23. Artful Bandit : PvP buff for the attacker, 3x gold stolen if MT does not fire, 2/3rd reduction of normal xp loss to target chance of causing no xp loss. Always fires when cast, annotated in log message to the target. If the target does not lose xp they may not bounty the hit. Chance of the no xp loss is based on level of buff.

If you are having this (instant total thievery with no bounty???) buff then where is the "Artful Dodger" buff for the attacked player to attempt to counter this then?

Deflect ended up with Anti-Deflect as a counter buff so where's the counter for this one?

It's a very PvP attacker oriented set of suggested buffs/potions if I may say so.

I think the point of 23 is to have a gold hit only. They should use simple terms to explain a new buff.

My suggestion: Have a Gold hit Option, where you can ONLY use 100 stamina hits + the XP is NORMAL (aka the same as a 10 stam hit). Now if you wanted to smash someone instead, there is still the normal pvp hit where 100 stamina would result in more XP loss.

That would make more sense, kinda. But 3x gold loss??? Surely only this or MT should run at any one time, not both (if one fails the other will kick in) or it's basically giving an attacker 2 bites of the cherry each attack, I think that's a bit unfair with no way of defending against it.

#102 Reddstarr

Reddstarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 22:21

37. Titan Slayer : +0.2% per point reduction of damage, attack, defence and armor to Titans

perhaps to be a quest obtained item at a certain level combined with a quest obtained recipe but requiring certain items to craft, maybe the rp items from gvg?

#103 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 February 2013 - 23:01

37. Titan Slayer : +0.2% per point reduction of damage, attack, defence and armor to Titans

perhaps to be a quest obtained item at a certain level combined with a quest obtained recipe but requiring certain items to craft, maybe the rp items from gvg?

Like that - and BOUND :) (recipe and potion bound, but ingredients freely available)

#104 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 00:38

Yeah that is kinda pointless some of these buffs should not be even on the table..so arguing about activation rates is a moot point.

You know i had such high hopes for the new buffs... however sadly i have to agree with zizz :(

the cows stray further from what got so many of us addicted to this game and what got the online numbers up in years past.

and for the love of god Grim/Hoof do not add buffs that stop XP loss or prevent bountys....

i would comment further on all the buffs but as these this is not a discussion on what should and shouldn't but rather on activation % ill just keep my mouth shut unless i can suggest that some of these buffs have a activation rate so low that they only kick in once ever 30 years

#105 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:57

Yeah that is kinda pointless some of these buffs should not be even on the table..so arguing about activation rates is a moot point.

You know i had such high hopes for the new buffs... however sadly i have to agree with zizz :(

the cows stray further from what got so many of us addicted to this game and what got the online numbers up in years past.

and for the love of god Grim/Hoof do not add buffs that stop XP loss or prevent bountys....

i would comment further on all the buffs but as these this is not a discussion on what should and shouldn't but rather on activation % ill just keep my mouth shut unless i can suggest that some of these buffs have a activation rate so low that they only kick in once ever 30 years

Which buffs in particular do you not like and why?

#106 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:13

There's a LOT of comments about all the new potential buffs Hoof - have you read 'em all ? ;)

#107 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:00

Well it's about time I commented.

Hi there Everyone.

We now have a list of upcoming buffs that we'll be adding to the game. Some of these will be for the Skill Trees but others will be potion specific.

The list is as follows :

1. Buff enhancer: for every 50 points in the skill it adds 5 points to the buffs cast after. Would not work with Merchant or Treasure Hunter. (Potion only maybe?)

Why not make it work with merchant and treasure hunter? It wouldn't be THAT much of a difference in the gold coming into the game, and it would be (slightly) easier to program.

2. Armored Strike : 0.1% per point chance that your armor stat is reduced to zero and your damage is double

I can see this being very useful with defense setups. How would it play into the activation of skills such as SC?

3. Brute Strength : For every 50 points allocated in this skill, your enchant item abilities, fury and berserk buffs are increased by 10 levels.

Might want to throw the entire rage tree in there, but otherwise fine.

4. Trendy : +0.03% per point to all stats for each common item worn

hmm ... we're looking at almost a 50% increase in stats at 9 common items worn. Common items have a level*2 stat total, whereas LE items are roughly 2.25% from what I've gathered. Assuming a full set of LE items with CoA 175 (8.75% increase at level 175), and SH 175 (35% at level 175), that's a 43% increase to the 1.25 times stats already ... so you get a ratio of 1.78 (LE) to the 1.47 for common items ... should common items really be able to come that close? Especially considering that the common items are much easier to acquire, so one can obtain ~83% of the stats of high priced LE/crystal items for a very very cheap cost, essentially free. I think this one needs a little nerfing.

5. Pride : Add duration epic potion every medal in player's bio.

Nice, but I think it should be variable based on the level of the medals achieved, and should probably have a couple tiers (where each includes the previous skills, so pride I is rare, pride II is LE + rare, pride III is epic and LE and rare, etc).

6. Block : small chance that a player will take 0 damage in a combat round

This would work against SEs too, right?

8. Armor booster : +0.05% per point to your armor for each complete set equipped.

Might as well.

9. Gold foot : 0.05% per point Chance to consume 1000 gold instead of 1 stamina while moving.

Interesting, it'll certainly be much cheaper (25k per FSP versus 200k per FSP) for the 25 stam :D.

10. Encouraging talk : 0.2% per point increase in mercenary stats when hired.

Can we make it not work against relics?

11. Warcry : 0.2% per points increase in group stats. (Only PvE)

Works for me.

12. Immobilise Titan : +0.1% per point chance for titan not to move.

Why make titan hunting more exclusive by adding a pot that likely takes some significant BP space to brew effectively, unless this is added as a thing in the auction house instead (with which I'd be fine, since it would eventually come to the PB).

13. Buff Master II: Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Fury Caster enhancement by .1% per point for half an hour.

Would this stack with the other buffs that increase level of skills?

14. Swift Strike : .1% chance to strike first when another player initiated the fight (pvp)

If both players activate, what happens?

15. Perfection : buff to give a chance of a craftable item being crafted perfect when invented.

FINALLY!

16. Deft Hands : At level 175, has a 10% chance on doubling the effects of the thievery enhancement. Master thief will not be affected by this. (pvp only)

Nice, but it should also increase the amount of gold sunk (say from 5% to 10% of total gold stolen).

18. Allied Frenzy : (Assist really needs some tweaking) .A chance Assist will work with a player within +/-100 levels from you.

Honestly, just make this the new assist buff?

19. Heavy Weight : Adds 0.1% Damage per point when having a certain amount of gold in hand. (suggest 1000g per level).

Hidden coffer will be used :D. But seriously, nice buff idea, whoever thought of it. another 17.5% damage could be useful in some scenarios, especially with overkill and such.

20. Lady Luck : chance for a double roll on RNG for an item drop. Does not fire if conserve or death wish activates. Does not mean 2 drops are possible. Just an extra chance at getting a drop.

Would this work before or after the resource finder and quest finders?

21. Divine Glory : Holy Flame style buff for demon classed creatures.

When are we going to add these for every type of monster?

22. Short Circuit : Ignite or Holy flame style buff for Mechanical and Golem classed creatures.

When are we going to add these for every type of monster?

23. Artful Bandit : PvP buff for the attacker, 3x gold stolen if MT does not fire, 2/3rd reduction of normal xp loss to target chance of causing no xp loss. Always fires when cast, annotated in log message to the target. If the target does not lose xp they may not bounty the hit. Chance of the no xp loss is based on level of buff.

No comment here, not my place to speak.

24. Quick Attack : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the First Strike enhancement by +0.2% per point.

Sure, why not.

25. Greed : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Thief enhancement by +0.1% per point.

Sure, why not.

26. Hardened : 0.05% per point chance to prevent your opponent activating Shatter Armor.

Sure.

27. Anchored : 0.05% per point Damage is added to HP.

More HP, yay! :D maybe chi strike will be useful now.

28. Guild Berserker : Increase the effectiveness of first strike, nullify or etc enhancements in GvG only.

Sure.

29. Guild Saboteur : Decreases the effectiveness of the deflect, last ditch or etc buffs in GvG only.

Sure.

30. Croak : 0.2% increase to max green skin slayer enhancement

Sure.

31. Cloudy Inventor : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Inventor enhancement by +0.2% per point.

Yay! Now I won't fail wards as much! :D.

32. Cloud Crafter : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Crafter enhancement by +0.2% per point.

This would work well with the perfect crafting buff.

33. Epic Craft : +0.5% per point increase to Craft stat bonuses.

so, if an item has 200 attack and 300 damage and then goes to 300 attack 500 damage with hell forging, the .5% only acts on the 200 attack 300 damage, right?

34. Shield Wall :+0.1% per point to your defense for each complete set equipped.

Wasn't it a different percentage for the other buffs of this style?

35. Guild Buffer : x% of chance to spend 50% stamina buffing guild members.

Nice!

36. All For One : 0.1% per point increase to the SE set bonus stats.

About time, now SE weapon sets (might) be able to compete :P.

37. Titan Slayer : +0.2% per point reduction of damage, attack, defence and armor to Titans.

I'm against this one, titans are fine the way they are, and are a nice challenge to kill. That doesn't mean I wouldn't use this buff if it was introduced, in fact I'd rather abuse it, but still ... hunting doesn't need to get easier.

38. Vitality : +0.1% per point added to your HP for each complete set equipped.

Sure.

39. Precision Strike - grants an 0.1% increase per point in XP gained when the hit that kills a monster is less than 10% more than what was needed. Rewards precise tuning of gear to monster.

A constant 17.5 increase in XP? I'll take it. Severe condition ftw!

40. Precision Hit - grants a 0.1% increase per point in gold stolen when the hit that defeats the target player is less than 10% more than what was needed. Same general idea.

Sure.

These are the buffs we'll be introducing. We welcome your constructive feedback regarding activation percentages.

There are other buffs still picked out of the original thread that we have noted down. They may still make the grade for future Buff upgrades.

~ The Fallen Sword Team.

#108 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:26

buffs that SHOULD NOT be added (in my opinion):

Trendy: Okay, I get the concept.. you want to promote the usage of common items. but who is honestly going to use this buff? If someone makes a valid case for this buff I may be convinced, but for right now I don't see it..

Immobilize Titan: And take away one of the unique aspects of titan hunting? Making it easier for those who already find titan hunting easy enough.. No thanks.

Divine Glory & Short Circuit: At this point most people are using necrosis and holy flame anyways? Or am I wrong?

Titan Slayer: Not even sure if If I want this buff in the game at all. But if we must.. Potion only.

#109 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 February 2013 - 17:16

1. Buff enhancer: for every 50 points in the skill it adds 5 points to the buffs cast after. Would not work with Merchant or Treasure Hunter. (Potion only maybe?)
Why not make it work with merchant and treasure hunter? It wouldn't be THAT much of a difference in the gold coming into the game, and it would be (slightly) easier to program.

The difference in gold is quite small.
If this skill is around level 150-199 then we can cast level 190 buffs.
A level 190 TH and Merc increase our gold by a total of 151% instead of (at level 175) 147%.
That's an increase of 2.93% (151% / 147% - 100%).
I doubt that such an increase will have much effect. But then again, it won't hurt to have it not work on TH and Merc. :wink:

3. Brute Strength : For every 50 points allocated in this skill, your enchant item abilities, fury and berserk buffs are increased by 10 levels.
Might want to throw the entire rage tree in there, but otherwise fine.

You mean Rage, Blood Thirst and Dark Curse?
Won't it be getting too powerful if it affects that many skills?

hmm ... we're looking at almost a 50% increase in stats at 9 common items worn. Common items have a level*2 stat total, whereas LE items are roughly 2.25% from what I've gathered. Assuming a full set of LE items with CoA 175 (8.75% increase at level 175), and SH 175 (35% at level 175), that's a 43% increase to the 1.25 times stats already ... so you get a ratio of 1.78 (LE) to the 1.47 for common items ... should common items really be able to come that close? Especially considering that the common items are much easier to acquire, so one can obtain ~83% of the stats of high priced LE/crystal items for a very very cheap cost, essentially free. I think this one needs a little nerfing.

From your comparison between this buff and SH + CoorAtt, I gather you are looking at full LE sets and not just their items. I have looked at a few 2-piece LE/Crystalline sets at perfect craft and no forge and noticed they have around 3.3 to 3.5 stats per level (if you divide the set bonus over the items equally).
A few examples: Ectolymph 3.36; Fiery Santork 3.48; Griff 3.34; Kellos 3.50; Naamah 3.13; Ormarr 3.31; Pounamu 3.29; Sludge 3.47; Tagoz Titanic 3.35; Vakalem 3.47.
Here are some Elite/Champion sets: Bandit 2.16; Beast Wrecker 2.18; Dansaur 2.18; Devourer 2.25; Liano 2.19; Maw, 2.14; Spell Scared 2.14; Ydmar 2.32.

I would say the LE items have around 70% more stats that the common items, and the Elite items are only a little bit above common items (~10%).

I estimate that around 2-3 sets will be LE and 1-2 will be Elite/Champion with an Elite/Champion item as a 9th item. The average item will have stats of around (3.4 * 5 + 2.2 * 4) / 9 = 2.87 times its level. That's 43.3% stronger than a common item.

CoorAtt only affects attack and damage, and SH only affects damage. Whereas this proposed buff affects all stats on common items.
I guess you could say CoorAtt + CoorDef add 8.75% to all stats (HP is not heavily used by many players).
Furthermore SH adds 35% to damage and KE adds 70% to attack.
And if some proposed buffs will become reality (#8 and #34) then sets will get an armor and defense boost as well (the current numbers are 35% on armor and 70% on defense (in my opinion the defense boost is way too much)).

So a setup with 4 sets and 1 set item will get a boost of:
Attack - 8.75% (CoorAtt), 70% (KE).
Defense - 8.75% (CoorDef), 70% (#34 Shield Wall).
Armor - 8.75% (CoorDef), 35% (#8 Armor Booster).
Damage - 8.75% (CoorAtt), 35% (SH).

And common items will get a boost of 47.25% from this buff.

A setup of LE and Elite/Champion sets without buffs is already around as strong as common items with this buff. So I would say that when fully buffed the setup consisting of sets beats the setup consisting of common items in practically every way.

If you only want to max damage, then LE sets with CoorAtt and SH will still be a very good competitor to common items with this buff.
:wink:

Can we make it not work against relics?

Mercs don't work against relics. :wink:

14. Swift Strike : .1% chance to strike first when another player initiated the fight (pvp)
If both players activate, what happens?

There can only be one player who initiates the fight and it will not activate for that player.

so, if an item has 200 attack and 300 damage and then goes to 300 attack 500 damage with hell forging, the .5% only acts on the 200 attack 300 damage, right?

Some items are craftable and others are not. If it is craftable then there is some range for how much each stat can increase. For example, the Spell Scared Plate will gain 20 defense, 10 damage and 10 HP if crafted to Perfect, and the Boots of Barbnisis will gain 100 attack and 60 damage at Perfect.
This buff (at level 175) will temporarily add 87.5% to those stats as long as the buff is active.
So the buff will temporarily add 18 defense, 9 damage and 9 HP when wearing the Spell Scared Plate, and 88 attack and 53 damage when wearing the Boots of Barbnisis.

39. Precision Strike - grants an 0.1% increase per point in XP gained when the hit that kills a monster is less than 10% more than what was needed. Rewards precise tuning of gear to monster.
A constant 17.5 increase in XP? I'll take it. Severe condition ftw!

Don't rule out Barricade! :mrgreen:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#110 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2013 - 17:26

For Brute Strength it would be nice if it affected ALL level up based skills besides Fury and Berserk. Those skills being : Rage, Rock skin, evade, aura of protection, fortify and great vigor.

#111 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 February 2013 - 19:17

For Brute Strength it would be nice if it affected ALL level up based skills besides Fury and Berserk. Those skills being : Rage, Rock skin, evade, aura of protection, fortify and great vigor.

This should be one of those skills introduced at a lower level too... like 200-ish. After you have access to ALL of those skills, and then some

#112 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2013 - 13:05

What type of potions? Invented, Loyalty, AH Special, Cave Drops, this new Composed pot idea? Did I miss any?

#113 arealus

arealus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 14:14

my 2 -cents LOL bad ones 26.already has only .05% chance. 35- already have buff master, 37- just brings down vaule of epics. 39&40-????. 19- more grace to non pvpers:(. 2- not needs to be vice verca works for def should work for armor as well. 12- what happens to thrill of chase?
good ones: 11- great buff 14- might make gold bandits hanging in certain lvls move along :) 18- sweet maybe all guild members in certain lvl range can add small (very) to stats. 20- sweet SE hardly drop with high lvl pots would help. 1- cool,but should cost something like gold stamina or xp :). 2- cool but really just same as other enchant buffs just enchance existing buffs :) thanks if read but overall seems to be some good ideas to enchance game :))

#114 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 16:32

Overall i admit like new buffs, nothing game breakin (at least not much), so it seems a good work.

Ive just a few considerations about a few them that in my opinion need some working:

--------------------

13. Buff Master II: Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Fury Caster enhancement by .1% per point for half an hour.

I dont like them, for a simple reason, buffs level has been capped at 175 for a long time and it worked fine, increasing their level will just make hunting more easy, defending in PvP more difficult, since probably attacker will boost buffs and defender will not (especially if its a potion).
If theres is really a need of increasing buffs level, this should be level realted only (like level 180 at level 1000, level 185 at level 1500 and level 190 at level 2000).
Also the fact these buffs might come in potions it worries even more. We all know that even if you release a level 50 potions, after a few months there will be level 200, 300, 500 released in some form. Something not needed.
FS was very successful when it was very simple, please dont complicate it more and more.

------------------

How this will work?
a) I have Fury175, i cast Brute Strenght on me and Fury becomes level 190 or
B) The caster must have Brute Strenght active to increase my active buffs or
c) Brute Strenght must be active on me and buffs casted after are effected?
And how exactly will this work on potions?

--------------------

Nice, but i hope it will be the only thing medal related for a long time. Medals should be only for bragging, and are probably the thing that works better, even without rewards (but more medals and many more tiers would be nice)

---------------------

It needs some tweaking, too similar to Force Shield. Since ts a small chance, maybe when it activated, defender stats could be increased by 10% for the next round

--------------------

16. Deft Hands : At level 175, has a 10% chance on doubling the effects of the thievery enhancement. Master thief will not be affected by this. (pvp only)

25. Greed : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Thief enhancement by +0.1% per point.

Ehm... i think there is a problem here.
We have 35% increase in gold stolen by gloat, we add 118 Master Thief, double effect of Thievery and 3x gold stolen.
Im a bit lazy to do the math, but id say too many hits will result in almost 100% gold lost.
For low level players it will become nightmare, preventing them from saving some gold when hunting.
And whats the point of not bountying? You lose all your gold and you cant bounty the hit?
Lets try to tweak it in:
PvP buff for the attacker, 1.5x gold stolen if MT does not fire, 2/3rd reduction of normal xp loss to target chance of causing no xp loss. 0.15% per point of activation, annotated in log message to the target. If Master Thief activates or the target does not lose xp, ALL gold is sunk.

--------------------

While the concept is nice, there is a problem.
If you look at all hunting setups, there are many sets used for hundreds of levels, and Elite/Champions sets almost not used (only very few of them are actually useful).
Since Legendary and Crystalline have much better craft bonus, this buffs would make the difference even higher).
In my opinion we would need the opposite effect, i.e. making Legendary and Crystalline still more powerful, but reduce the number of levels they are used.
The result would be changing gear more often, using more sets. Any increase in Crafting bonus would kill Elite/Champions items (and btw its more "difficult" to get an Elite set than a Legendary in realms). Please consider that if you use a Legendary item for 150 levels instead of 200 and you use more sets, the game will only benefit from it: prices will not change, more sets will hunted and used, stamina used, crafting and forging, guild tagging etc..
The only effect of this buffs will be make use using less items.
So please dont do it, or limit the effect to Elite/Champions items.

-----------------------

Nice concept, but too complicated and with a too high bonus.
And how will this work with Wither?
Also it risks to reward too much Deatwish hits.
I like more the game to stay simple.

#115 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:20

4. Trendy:
After looking at Savanc's calcs and perusing the UFSG, I don't see this buff getting much use. I thought at first we might see CoA and CoD get a decline in use and most players move to 4 2 pc set + 1 common item, but over the 400 level span I looked at, there were no common items that came close to making this worth using. Unless you expand it to make use of Commons AND Rares or increase the %'s, I don't see this taking off.

23. Artful Bandit:
I actually REALLLLY like this one. The BB has been very inactive lately. I am sure there are many, who like me, look at all the current risks vs potential gain from hitting someone off the board and see little reason to attack, unless I am very board or someone is holding way too much gold, because MT hardly ever triggers and theft %'s have sucked for a long time.

How many threads have we seen that state the theft rates suck or players saying that they didn't care so much about the gold loss as much as the xp loss. This covers both of those. The activation for the "no bounty hit" should be in the neighborhood of 1 of 20 hits (the other 19 will still be available for the bb). Love to this as a 500-800 skill so that more may try their hand at some random PvPing on the off chance they could get lucky. I would wait to see how this plays out, before introducing Deft Hands, though.

As it "Always fires when cast," could this actually be applied against hits done on the BB? You could get some REAL friendly clears that way.

#116 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2013 - 13:17

That could work. It would be best if this skill was fairly available to most players because everyone will want to get their level 190 buffs. :wink:
An inventable potion that has ingredients worth around 0.5 to 1 FSP sounds fine to me. Not bound of course.

2. Armored Strike : 0.1% per point chance that your armor stat is reduced to zero and your damage is double
Don't we have enough damage doubling buffs already? Shield Strike and Distraction already have a 17.5% and 8.75% activation chance.
It's not needed in my opinion, but I don't see any harm in it. The percentage seems fine (it's the same as Shield Strike).

So an Enchant Amulet potion (with distil 150) goes from 173 to 203, and a Fury or Berserk skill (level 350 potion with distil 150) goes from 403 to 433?
That's an increase of a possible 10 buffs. An extra 3% on the stats of 8 different items, 3% added to attack from level up points and 9% added to damage from level up points.
It seems like a decent buff.

At level 175 that is +5.25% "for each common item"...
Does that mean that if I wear 9 common items then I get +47.25% on all stats?
It does disable Coordinated Attack and Defense. Someone can use 4 sets (of 2 pieces each) with SH and KE, and for the 9th item a common item with this buffs (instead of a set item with Coordinated Attack/Defense. He will not have the 8.75% bonus from Coordinated Attack/Defense but will get the 5.25% bonus from this buff. Sounds fair.
If a player decides to go for only common items then he gets a 47.25% bonus on all items. But he will not get the 35% bonus from SH, the 70% bonus from KE (can be higher with potions), and the 8.75% bonus on all stats from Coordinated Attack/Defense. Plus sets can have better stats that common items if the sets are close to your level and are Legendary, Crystalline or Super Elite.
It sounds like a decent buff. But I might have overlooked something, so I'm not 100% sure.

So players with more medals have longer lasting epic potions?
I have never had an epic potion run out before I was done with it so I don't see much use for it myself. It will probably benefit players with lots of medal who have a lot of max stamina to burn in a hunt, or who have different uses for their epic potions (for example, a player who uses it on the PvP Ladder).
Seems like a decent buff.

Doesn't Force Shield do this already (though it makes you lose 1 HP instead of 0)?
It's so much the same as an already existing buff and I'm not a big fan of making duplicates. :?

8. Armor booster : +0.05% per point to your armor for each complete set equipped.
So 4 sets means 35% extra armor?
Can work, but I feel it might be a little bit too powerful (just like KE and SH are also too powerful).

9. Gold foot : 0.05% per point Chance to consume 1000 gold instead of 1 stamina while moving.
At an exchange rate of saving 25 stamina for 25k it seems like a decent buff. With a 8.75% chance it takes around 285 steps to save 25 stamina. I don't think many people will use this skill after they do the math... :?
Maybe it would be a bit better if it has a 0.1% activation chance (double that of Lightfoot). The 1k per stamina makes up for the higher activation rate than LF.
Or perhaps increase that to 1,500 gold per stamina.

I have no recent experience with mercenaries. I always find a way to kill the creatures myself, and the cost of mercenaries with decent stats ("decent" for a level 1600 player) is very high.
An increase in mercenary stats probably won't hurt.

I think the 35% increase in stats in way too much. An increase of 17.5% is very generous as well.

So titans now have their own AM? Could work.

Isn't this roughly the same as buff number 1. Buff enhance but a bit less powerful?
The Fury Caster enhancement increases a player's buff at 25 points for 100% (from 150 to 175).
Making it go to 117.5% increases the buffs with 30 points (29.375 points rounded up), so they will be 180.
It's a decent skill, but I would go with one of the skills, not both. Unless there is something I've gravely overlooked. :roll:

It could work. I'm not sure if the percentage is fair though.

15. Perfection : buff to give a chance of a craftable item being crafted perfect when invented.
Four Leaf for inventions. Nice. 8)

What exactly is the thievery effects? It says it increase the chance of stealing, but how much are we speaking here?
By the way, with the last few gold hits on me I lost 40-50% of my gold each time. I don't think the gold theft rates should be increased any more. :roll:

18. Allied Frenzy : (Assist really needs some tweaking) .A chance Assist will work with a player within +/-100 levels from you.
So this buff increases the level range of Assist? Not all that useful if you ask me.
It's easier as a player to just manipulate Assist.
You find another player in your range, you ask to ally with them and have them wear the stats you need during your activity. If that player is the only one during your activity then Assist will always pick that player. :wink:

19. Heavy Weight : Adds 0.1% Damage per point when having a certain amount of gold in hand. (suggest 1000g per level).
Seems like a decent buff. 1k gold per level means a level 100, 500 and 1600 player have to hold 100k, 500k and 1.6 mil. That sounds like amounts that those players can handle.

I've seen some requests to increase that amount. One was to up it to 5k per level.
A 5k per level would make everyone who uses this buff absolute and complete targets of gold thieves. Those level 100, 500 and 1600 players would have to walk around with at least 500k,. 2.5 mil and 8 mil. The extra damage from this buffs definitely doesn't warrant the risk in that case. Even at 1.6 mil I already feel the need to bank it as soon as possible, but at 8 mil this buff will be pretty much useless as no one is foolish enough to have those amounts in hand. :roll:

I've also seen someone mention that damage is easy to get and a change to 0.05% per point for all stats. This seems like a decent proposal. I think it might be good to lower it to 0.03% to all stats though. A 5.25% increase to all stats (at buff level 175) sounds good enough.

20. Lady Luck : chance for a double roll on RNG for an item drop. Does not fire if conserve or death wish activates. Does not mean 2 drops are possible. Just an extra chance at getting a drop.
So it's just like QF and RF work after FI if that didn't give a drop, but this time it's Find Item 2 that activates after Find Item 1...
I'm not sure if I'm for or against this. It will make regular items drop a bit more with this skill.

Why??
There are 20 different creature classes. Are we going to have a special skill for every class?
Might as well make a skill called Giant Net against Avian creatures, Bucket of Red Paint against Greenskin creatures and Big Lawnmower again Plant creatures... :shock:

If there was something more interesting behind the different classes of creatures then I would be more in favour, but right now it's just a big damage buff for 5% of the creatures; just like HF is...

22. Short Circuit : Ignite or Holy flame style buff for Mechanical and Golem classed creatures.
Same as above...

In the last few gold hits on me I lost 40-50% of my gold each time and the attacker got 30-40% of my gold. This buff will make it an instant MT hit.
If MT does kick in then the target will lose all his gold and the normal XP.
If MT does not kick in then the target will still lose all his gold, but less XP.

With this buff it seems pointless to have gold in the game... Can't the creatures just drop little Fallensword Shards? And I'll pay forging, scavenging and the like in Shards... :shock:

24. Quick Attack : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the First Strike enhancement by +0.2% per point.
I'm not a fan of skills that increase enhancements that often aren't that important, and First Strike is one of them. I never use them, I never sell them, no one has ever asked me for those kinds of buffs. But I'm sure some people will use them; just not that many do.

Same as above.

26. Hardened : 0.05% per point chance to prevent your opponent activating Shatter Armor.
Is this meant as a percentage or a percentage point.
SA 175 activates 8.75% of the time.
At level 175 this buffs has a 8.75% chance to prevent SA from activating.
Does that mean that SA has a chance of 0% of activating? This would mean it's percentage point.
Or does this mean SA has a chance 7.98% of activating? This would mean it's percentage.

Both situations seem less than ideal in my opinion. Completely negating a specific buff seems overpowered (situation 1), and in situation 2 the reduction seems way too low for this buff to be of any use... :roll:

Could work. I don't mind a bit of stat juggling. I seldom go to HP though. :wink:

28. Guild Berserker : Increase the effectiveness of first strike, nullify or etc enhancements in GvG only.
Nice. This will make it more useful to buff up guild members during a GvG.

29. Guild Saboteur : Decreases the effectiveness of the deflect, last ditch or etc buffs in GvG only.
Does this have any use if everyone has blocked this buff from being cast on them?

Seems a bit pointless. Nearly no one is really interested in the enhancements that add damage to certain types of creatures. And like I said a lot of buffs above, why would we want to differentiate between the types of creatures?

31. Cloudy Inventor : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Inventor enhancement by +0.2% per point.
Sounds ok to me.

32. Cloud Crafter : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Crafter enhancement by +0.2% per point.
Sounds ok to me.

Sounds ok to me. A buff like Epic Forge is nice to have on Epics, LE, Crystalline and SE items.
But please put in the description that it adds a temporarily bonus to the craft stats and that people who are going to craft items don't have to have to because they think this buff will provide their items with permanent bonuses. I've had too many players ask me for Epic Forge when it first came out... :?

34. Shield Wall :+0.1% per point to your defense for each complete set equipped.
Really? A 17.5% defense bonus for every set? That's a 70% bonus to defense from this buff. That's way overpowered. :shock:
Others can attack you with KE and DC. But this buff combined with Constitution, Flinch and KE+NMV will be very powerful. :(

Sounds nice. Buff Master has a fair chance to reduce stamina spent on buffs for others. This buff will increase the in-guild buffing.
As a buff seller I can only say: "Boo! That will hurt sales!", but as a guild player I'm all for it. :mrgreen:

I'm both for and against it.
The problem with SE sets being less useful is threefold:
[*:2oxf7pa8]Some SE sets got replaced with better items. For example, the Baron set has a tough time competing with the Air Javelin, Krimson Kardic Helmet and a shield (Writhing Ward perhaps).
[*:2oxf7pa8]Some SE sets have weapons. SE sets generally have really low stats from the items and a lot from the set bonus. If such an SE set has a weapon in it then the EW 1000 and EW 1500 potions will give only a small bonus. The SE set can not compete with other sets that have weapons with more normal stats.
[*:2oxf7pa8]Most SE sets have more than 2 items in them. The SH buff (and to a much smaller extent the KE buff too) have created huge incentives for the use of small sets. A player can wear a maximum of 4 sets, so he has to wear at least 3 sets of 2 items and the last set can be either 2 or 3 pieces. Not many combinations fit and most SE sets are 3-piece or 4-piece. So they are seldom used in these setups.
This skill will make SE sets a bit more useful, but it does not tackle any of the underlying issues.
An SE set that has a weapon with low stats will not get used all of a sudden because it has a 17.5% bonus to its set stats.
Setups of 4 sets get a bonus of 35% damage and 70% attack on their total stats. A setup of 3 sets (of which 1 is an SE set) gets 26.25% damage and 52.5% attack bonus to its total stats, and 17.5% bonus on the SE set bonus.

This skill might help SE sets a bit here and there, but I doubt it will be useful for all.
And a higher percentage on the bonus will distort things. It will boost some SE sets a lot (those who just need a little push to compete with other sets), but others will never win (for example, a 3-piece SE set with a low stat weapon).

37. Titan Slayer : +0.2% per point reduction of damage, attack, defence and armor to Titans.
Why?? Titans are already quite weak.
They are weaker than SEs, weaker than LEs and even weaker than Elites.... :roll:

I figured out some setups when titans came out (nearly 3 years ago) and those got me 2-hitting/3-hitting at the level of the titan.
With the new buffs, potions and equipment most titans can be 2-hit by most players of their own level.
I don't see any point in making titans any weaker than they are now.

Before or after HP adding buffs, like Severe Condition and buff number 27 "Anchored"?

So this is Overkill with strategy?
At level 175 we will get 17.5% more XP is we kill the creature with less than 110% of the required Damage.
I think the 17.5% XP bonus is way too big here. Overkill 175 gives a 1.9% XP bonus, and Stalker 175 gives a 2.9% XP bonus. A 17.5% XP bonus sounds a bit over the top.
How does this work with 2-hitting by the way? :roll:

40. Precision Hit - grants a 0.1% increase per point in gold stolen when the hit that defeats the target player is less than 10% more than what was needed. Same general idea.
As asked a lot of buffs above, is this number a percentage or a percentage point? That makes a lot of difference between this buff being normal or way overpowered.

+1, although we really don't need any more damage bonus buffs. Please make them a part of the composing idea...

12. Immobilise Titan - Let me start with how I think Titan movement works. After every defeat, there is a fixed chance that the Titan will move. So, this buff decreases the chance that the Titan will move after being defeated, not by everyone on the map, but by the individual who is using this buff. That said, this is the perfect buff for cleaning up the Titan scraps. This is NOT a buff for securing a Titan with your Guildmates. Why?!? Assuming you are going against an equally capable opponent where you split first defeats evenly, this buff will give your opponent a greater share of the last defeats before the Titan moves.

29. Guild Saboteur - I believe this would be cast on the attacker to decrease the effectiveness of the deflect, last ditch or etc buffs of the defender (like anti-deflect).

#117 Lupp0

Lupp0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:20

Hi there Everyone.

We now have a list of upcoming buffs that we'll be adding to the game. Some of these will be for the Skill Trees but others will be potion specific.

The list is as follows :

Please no cast levels above 175, only higher levels on potions.

Like many others have said, there is already 2 much damage increase buffs, critters are easy enough to kill. This might work if its pvp only, but even then im not sure about it..

Please no.

I hardly see the use of this since most people will hunt in LE sets and use Co At and SH etc.

Nothing special from medals please. EOC players are bored and go after medals. It will give them another win button.. PLEASE dont!!!

Same as FS, not sure if we need another block buff for pvp..

Im not sure here.. i better leave this one for the pvpers to comment on.

Love this one! But make it more expensive and activate after LF.

I like it. Good for smaller guilds or not well upgrades ones.

I like it. Same as #10.

I dont think this is good at all. Like somebody else mentioned before.. it will make the titan freeze 2 much if 2 many people with this buff are hitting the titan.

No no and NO! :) No buffs above 175!!

Same as first strike but other way around. I think this will not be a good buff at all. When you initiate an attack and have to beat 2 first strike buffs/enhancements to do so.. hmm

Love this, should have been there long time ago!

Will have to look at this later

If assist gets tweaked, this might be usefull.

No more damage increase buffs for now please. Also if you introduce this make it more then 1k gold.. 1k is peanuts while the damage increase is great.. If you want this damage, better hoard some gold then and give pvpers the chance to steal all of it :twisted:

Im not to keen about this. The droprates of critters should just be adjusted instead of introducing another buff for drops imo. If there are 2 little drops, adjust the rates not more potions/buffs.

Yeah why not, there is also necro..

Same as #21

Are you kidding me here :D No bounty after 3x the amount of gold is stolen uhm????!!!! I know pvp is a dying aspect of the game, but to give it a boost there are other things to consider lol.. this is insane !

Please no, and a BIG! no if Swift Strike gets introduced.

Since i deal alot with gold, i realy dislike the whole MT enhancement, so from my point of view: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NONONOONONOOOOOOOO!! rofl :)

It can be usefull maybe.. but better leave this for the pvpers to comment on.

Same as #26

Can be usefull as RP pack buff like somebody suggested.

Same as #28

Same as #21/#22

BIG FAT NO!!! This will kill invent market like the Omacaz chests did.

I like this, crafting high level items perfect is a costy business sometimes..

Not sure what this means, sorry my brain isnt working yet.. still sleepy and toothache :/

Another Co De, not needed..

I do like the idea of some buffs to be for guild purpose only, but not so sure if buff master 2 should be that buff.. Its 50/50 on this one.

Some SE sets have great bonus and no real basic stats, i dont think this is wise since some sets will get immense boosts and maybe make some LE sets absolete again which is not good at all for economy in FS.

If you cant beat the titan, level up more. Big NO!

I have never realy looked into the HP gain from buffs since i dont have level points in it. So i will leave this one to the pvpers again ;)

This is overkill 2, or even better i think? If you do introduce this make it lower %, like 0.05%

Well like stated before, im not keen of people stealing my hard earned gold from potion sales, so i will vote no here :P But i wont complain much if this gets introduced, i promise haha. PvP needs a boost or injection w/e, if this will do it im all for it!

These are the buffs we'll be introducing. We welcome your constructive feedback regarding activation percentages.

There are other buffs still picked out of the original thread that we have noted down. They may still make the grade for future Buff upgrades.

~ The Fallen Sword Team.

RYUVWTI.png

#118 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 17:43

I have seen a few say this buff would not be useful or should be modified and I agree to a point.

I am not sure why you would just boost common items. Instead why not make this buff kinda like the opposite of Coordinated attack and work for any item that is not part of a set.

at least like this it would make all gear useful again and make for a lot of new and interesting combinations of gear.

P.S any word on when we can expect to see some of these buffs?

#119 Adaian

Adaian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 February 2013 - 18:56

You can see the new skills if you go to preferences and block skills. Check it out.

#120 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2013 - 19:19

You can see the new skills if you go to preferences and block skills. Check it out.

We're working through them, making tweaks, implementing and testing :)

Currently implementing and testing Gold Foot - I really like this skill :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: