Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2013 - 21:47

If you continue to cater to the few and not throw a decent bone to the masses, then the amount of active players will continue to dwindle... :roll:

I "love" this attitude - not.

New buffs for EOC (and future proofing) should have happened eons ago (long before there were 150+ players at or above L1600). If the cows don't bring in new stuff for them, where is the incentive for them to keep coming back ?

It's simple really - if you want access to the new buffs, either level up for them, or buy them. There's nothing written down saying that you absolutely MUST have them all to be able to level (or do any other activity).

I'm sure there'll be plenty of potions coming out with new buffs too - ones that will accessible for all (I just hope that they're not cave ones, because scavenging is getting beyond a joke now).

I think it's important to have the skills at the higher levels to have something to aim for. If all the skills didn't have any level requirement, I think it would be kinda boring.

We'll definitely be looking at adding 1,800+ skill to give players something further to aim for in addition to the potion only skills we'll be adding.

#102 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2013 - 21:52

Hoof ,Will shield wall be immune to the effect of dark curse ? as armor boost does not have any 100% of the time buff to reduce it.

It's not immune to Dark Curse.

#103 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2013 - 21:52

Are there more buffs to come, either at L1800 or lower in the tree, or are all the other agreed on skills gonna be potion based ?

I don't wanna use my skill reset if there's gonna be more forthcoming :)

This is a good point that I hope the Cows pay attention to.

When you add new buffs to the game, you don't necessarily have to add them to the bottom (highest levels) of the skill tree.

Adding new buffs at levels 400-700 would be awesome.

When we add more skills to the skill trees (either at 1,800+ or lower down), everyone will be able to reset their skills for free again :)

#104 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2013 - 22:01

Am also still very curious as to why Armored Strike is a PvE only buff, and did not get a reply in the old thread. The arguments that can be made for it to be a PvE only buff, can be used for Shield Strike as well.. so either make Armored Strike a PvP buff as well, or alter Shield Strike to be PvE only as well, thank you.

Can we get an answer/response from a moo moo, thank you?!

The main reason was due to it doubling your damage if it activated and we weren't sure if that would be a good thing for PvP. I've posted up a thread with a poll however to see what the community thinks about it:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=109170

#105 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 22:03

So until 1800, you are done adding new buffs that are not potions?

Dang I was sure looking forward to Artful Bandit and Perfection.

#106 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 22:04

I think it's important to have the skills at the higher levels to have something to aim for. If all the skills didn't have any level requirement, I think it would be kinda boring.

I think you probably underestimate how much some players hate levelling. I am ok with buying the buffs from EOC players, but please add some platform for that. Usually when I want to buy some buffs there are about 300 players online and nobody is selling anything.

#107 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2013 - 22:08

So until 1800, you are done adding new buffs that are not potions?

Dang I was sure looking forward to Artful Bandit and Perfection.

Not necessarily - I think we may add some in at lower levels too :)

#108 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:57

HI there! I didn't have time to read through all of the posts here so I just thought I'd ask this question. Hoofmaster, would it be possible to put a link in the buff window that appears when buffing somone that is similar to the red "Activate" link for Extend that would work for the Guild Buffer skill too? That skill is proving to be so useful that it would make a lot of sense to have it work the same way. Thanks very much for listening.

#109 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 17:19

This has been post before but I post it again with a screenshot. This image for gold foot is the same as the Rage skill. It shows fine in the player's profile page and on the old map, but like this in the new map.
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#110 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2013 - 17:58

This has been post before but I post it again with a screenshot. This image for gold foot is the same as the Rage skill. It shows fine in the player's profile page and on the old map, but like this in the new map.
Posted Image

We'll get that fixed in the next update :)

#111 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 15:33

If you continue to cater to the few and not throw a decent bone to the masses, then the amount of active players will continue to dwindle... :roll:

New buffs for EOC (and future proofing) should have happened eons ago (long before there were 150+ players at or above L1600). If the cows don't bring in new stuff for them, where is the incentive for them to keep coming back ?

It's simple really - if you want access to the new buffs, either level up for them, or buy them. There's nothing written down saying that you absolutely MUST have them all to be able to level (or do any other activity).

I'm sure there'll be plenty of potions coming out with new buffs too - ones that will accessible for all (I just hope that they're not cave ones, because scavenging is getting beyond a joke now).

We'll definitely be looking at adding 1,800+ skill to give players something further to aim for in addition to the potion only skills we'll be adding.

Sure, I get it -- new skills, new levels, etc., for EOC players. HOWEVER, throwing a (bona fide) bone to the "other" players of the game that may some day become EOC as well -- as long as they stay around long enough to do so, may actually help players stay active longer as well.

I am the dupe who feels the forums are for everyone to contribute. However, when the result or topic is intended for the EOC players, then why not have a "Guild Leader Chat" function and go off and have your discussions in private and not worry about the ground noise from the rest of us.

Geez...

#112 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 15:43

I think this just feeds into the imbalance of some aspects of the game, especially when it comes to PvPing and GvGing -- but especially PvPing. Many do NOT like PvPing, but many of the game updates and upgrades are intended to IMPROVE PvPing. So, yeah, it would be kind of nice to have access to a few more buffs in the spirit of this conversation.

#113 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 15:45

I think this just feeds into the imbalance of some aspects of the game, especially when it comes to PvPing and GvGing -- but especially PvPing. Many do NOT like PvPing, but many of the game updates and upgrades are intended to IMPROVE PvPing. So, yeah, it would be kind of nice to have access to a few more buffs in the spirit of this conversation.

...and, to say "level" up to 1600 or more... Really? Serious? You would suggest we all end up EOC players?

#114 crow88

crow88

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2013 - 23:43

Shield Wall and Armor Boost buffs are really OP in my opinion. It sort of defeats the purpose of defending GvG conflicts because their defense/armor stats are too high to counter attack against. I guess the only way would be to rely on that 2% rule to kick in..

#115 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:16

Shield Wall and Armor Boost buffs are really OP in my opinion. It sort of defeats the purpose of defending GvG conflicts because their defense/armor stats are too high to counter attack against. I guess the only way would be to rely on that 2% rule to kick in..

They could be thought of as being that if you do not have access to free EOC buffers as some do, unfortunately that is a part of the game .

#116 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:56

Posted Image

We'll get that fixed in the next update :)

This is now fixed :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: