• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 LeighBibbings

LeighBibbings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 19:52

The recent price increase is ridiculous, for a game where we get no physical items I don't know where you come out with £100 for a platinum bundle. £80 I thought was steep before but £100 I would not be able to justify. We have all been discussing in global chat and think it's crazy. A 25% hike is insane, if anything as players have dropped we would of thought you would drop to encourage spending. Please consider changing the price bandings.

#2 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2017 - 21:02

The prices are set in USD but the prices in other currencies sometimes change due to exchange rates and sales taxes etc.

• Zue likes this

#3 Keria

Keria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:54

I agree a price increase would not help the game at all. Even at the lower range of packs it can be expensive for some.

#4 Nenito

Nenito

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:31

What I don't get why the same package is being charged at different rates for the same stuff. First image is Steam and second is Mobile, why the price hike on mobile?
PHOTO_20170408_002245.jpg

Screenshot_20170408-002049.png

#5 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:49

What I don't get why the same package is being charged at different rates for the same stuff. First image is Steam and second is Mobile, why the price hike on mobile?
PHOTO_20170408_002245.jpg

Screenshot_20170408-002049.png

The Steam pricing will be updating next week to bring it closer in line with the other platforms - note there may still be some variation due to exchange rates.

If you have any issues with purchases, please contact our support and we'll do our best to help:

https://www.opnewearth.com/help

#6 Raymii

Raymii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 13:26

Steam one (top) is in CON$ while the mobile one (bottom) is the regular dollar

#7 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 13:38

i have a similar issue for the same pack -steam is $10USD-$13.3AUD-Steam,$15 AUD-Phone

these are quite close,i would however save like $25 if i bought the 300k shards platinum if bought on steam

Edited by INDeeDO, 08 April 2017 - 13:38.

#8 Raymii

Raymii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 15:04

The steam version reflects your local currency while the android version stays in United States Dollar

#9 LeighBibbings

LeighBibbings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 19:26

Surely the tax or exchange rates shouldn't effect us. It's not like you as a company have to buy in the resources or troops we get. It would be more fair and give you guys more revenue to lower prices. I'm the 5th biggest player on my server and if I've stopped a lot more will.

#10 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:26

All the prices are set in US Dollars (which haven't changed). The prices in other currencies can vary due to exchange rates and sales taxes (both of which are out of our control sorry!)

LeighBibbings - if you think there is an issue with the pricing on a particular pack, please contact support and we'll look into it for you.

#11 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:59

its probably more the fact that once you buy big,the small packs never show again,it's the way they lure us in :D  :P

Edited by INDeeDO, 10 April 2017 - 10:54.

#12 LeighBibbings

LeighBibbings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:18

HOOF I Thought that this is what it's for rather than messaging support. I think it's time to take my alliance else where to a game not so greedy. From £79.99 which was expensive to start with to £99.99 which is extortionate.

#13 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:38

HOOF I Thought that this is what it's for rather than messaging support. I think it's time to take my alliance else where to a game not so greedy. From £79.99 which was expensive to start with to £99.99 which is extortionate.

We've not changed the price of any packages, these are based in US dollars. Unfortunately due to continuing changes in the world economy, some prices in different currencies have fluctuated. Unfortunately this is outwith our control, but we'll always do our best to offer great value to our players.

• Zue likes this

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: