• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:18

I don't post much anymore because I don't really see the point, but here we go.  Over the last couple of days I've been getting an increased number of "504 Gateway Time-out" errors.  You can imagine my frustration when we are told that there will be "Server Maintenance".  Now when I hear that, I automatically think that something is going to get fixed, when in reality I've noticed an overall decrease in speed and an increase in lag.  There are no more than 500 players on FS at one time, so to me it makes no sense that the servers are stressed because of increased traffic.  If I'm not mistaken HCS, didn't you replace the servers or change server companies not too long ago?  And wasn't the reason to prevent lag and increase consistency?  It's getting tiresome and demoralizing which is unfortunate.

The next issue is content.  Now before I have everyone jump on me about mentioning this, just remember what HCS said.  We were told that content was going to be released every two weeks.  It's been two months since the last set of content, and I'm sorry HCS but that is not good enough.  It's not good enough because you can't tell us one thing and do another.  There is a massive difference between 14 days and 60 days.  We appriciate the Legendary events and global events, but I don't see a reason why we have to have one or the other when we should realistically have both.

I have so much more to say about lack of buffs, Arena, Titan hunting etc.  I'm not going to get into it because we have to focus one thing at a time.  I also know for a fact that I'm not the only one experiencing 504 gateway errors, so it would be in your best interest to let the FS community know what is going on.  I've spoken to about 10 others from different areas around the world and they are all experiencing the same thing so please don't give me the "ISP is at fault" line, I've heard it too many times.

#2 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:56

*Gives Iceman a hug*

It'll all be alright fella, don't worry!

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#3 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:58

*Gives Iceman a hug*

It'll all be alright fella, don't worry!

*Hugs Doom back* I hope it'll be alright.  There has been a serious lack of attention to FS as of late.

#4 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2015 - 13:02

I know, I'm actually wondering what happened to Radneto...

He said a lot of things and promised to be around more/be more visible. But we haven't really heard much for quite a while now.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#5 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 13:03

With how bare new content looks, I don't know why players at EOC want more of it..

#6 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 March 2015 - 13:10

With how bare new content looks, I don't know why players at EOC want more of it..

It's true. At EOC it takes a lot of effort to stay interested while waiting for content. What if we all had an extra gear slot for a pet (like in other RPG games). A pet that also needed leveling up by hunting from lvl 1. A kind of re-living the old days of all the realms. I've no idea how it would work from logistics point of view. But it would be fun to level up again in the realms as the pet of your main character. Details could be worked out - it's just an idea...

#7 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2015 - 13:15

It's true. At EOC it takes a lot of effort to stay interested while waiting for content. What if we all had an extra gear slot for a pet (like in other RPG games). A pet that also needed leveling up by hunting from lvl 1. A kind of re-living the old days of all the realms. I've no idea how it would work from logistics point of view. But it would be fun to level up again in the realms as the pet of your main character. Details could be worked out - it's just an idea...

I like that Dully, sounds interesting.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#8 LumWolf

LumWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 13:33

I haven't hit EOC..... yet. But, why doesn't HCS just make new content once a month? That way it's spread out over a large portion of the month and it doesn't have to be as "bare" as it is now. That's just my take on it anyhow.

Edit: After reading the final paragraph of your post, I would rather them work out the current issues there are. The intermittent lag, the "potential scripting detected" message when titan hunting, and now the issues that some people are experiencing. So basically, what you said.

Edited by LumWolf, 20 March 2015 - 13:36.

#9 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 14:09

we have to focus one thing at a time.

Indeed we do.

Listen to your players!!

Fix the connectivity issues please. It's getting old and causing disenchantment from players. It's bad for game morale and  health.

Return to developing the game consistently. It's what made it so popular. Part time development isn't adequate. We need dedication to Fallen Sword again.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#10 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 14:29

We were told that Radneto, Zorg and Hoof were all going to increase their involvment with regard to Fallen Sword but despite this assurance, which was made in reply to another topic, there really has been little evidence of it. Can you blame us if this statement is then regarded as mere lip service?

The fact that new content for players at EOC hasn't been released in over 2 months is quite shocking. I would also ask, when was additional content added to that, that alreay exists? The Epic quest arc? Which is still incomplete.

It's a real shame how this game is being treated and I for one don't understand it. This was the first online game I played, since, I have played others but none held my interest. Why? Because Fallen Sword had spoiled me. It's a gem of a game but without the adequate care and attention even the most staunch of us will simply stop playing.

Like Luis says "we need dedication to Fallen Sword again". Doesn't our loyalty deserve at least that?

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 20 March 2015 - 14:31.

#11 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 14:54

293280-15105-17.jpg

from my experience in sigmastorm2, i'm already at stage 7 here

#12 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 15:21

We were told that Radneto, Zorg and Hoof were all going to increase their involvment with regard to Fallen Sword but despite this assurance, which was made in reply to another topic, there really has been little evidence of it. Can you blame us if this statement is then regarded as mere lip service?

The fact that new content for players at EOC hasn't been released in over 2 months is quite shocking. I would also ask, when was additional content added to that, that alreay exists? The Epic quest arc? Which is still incomplete.

It's a real shame how this game is being treated and I for one don't understand it. This was the first online game I played, since, I have played others but none held my interest. Why? Because Fallen Sword had spoiled me. It's a gem of a game but without the adequate care and attention even the most staunch of us will simply stop playing.

Like Luis says "we need dedication to Fallen Sword again". Doesn't our loyalty deserve at least that?

Cheers.

wil72

wow...a stunner...for once i completly and 100% agree with you...years of playing for lots of us.,,and we can not even get some communication from radneto, hoof or zorg..we get to talk to bg a lot..but he does not run the game and i guess has very little say-so about things..so we go nowhere but in circles..waiting..waiting..and told to keep patient and keep waiting..

#13 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 15:22

293280-15105-17.jpg

They likely are dedicated to FS ,  but not the current edition , last time FS got ignored like this was during the development of Elvedin, now it is likely because of the development of the new  iPhone app,  ,  and yes it is sad and frustrating  ,  then we get asked   " why do players leave "   so much needs to be attended to ,  so many promises made , so many broken   Wee :angry:

293280-15105-17.jpg

They likely are dedicated to FS ,  but not the current edition , last time FS got ignored like this was during the development of Elvedin, now it is likely because of the development of the new  iPhone app,  ,  and yes it is sad and frustrating  ,  then we get asked   " why do players leave "   so much needs to be attended to ,  so many promises made , so many broken   Wee :angry:

#14 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2015 - 16:03

its not just you ice, for an hour or maybe two i managed to get into the forum and sword for a few refreshes, maybe 7 or 8 total, cloudflare was saying it was fallensword that was down, i see there was no mention of it here like in eldevin BUT whatever it was it is related as i couldnt get in there for almost as long then i managed to luckily get in, had one of the occassional bugs that happen which freeze the client then had to close then locked out again, its all just tragic, it is NOT getting better, bugs are rampant and lag is getting to the point where i am just as miserable from it as the many others and was one of the ones who never had it years ago even during LE events when many were afflicted by it, so deterioration is happening somewhere...

#15 steveanaya

steveanaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 17:31

I couldn't log in for about 6 hours because of 504 errors. I'm wondering if the whole game was down for everyone, why have they not addressed it? I know I'm not the only one.

#16 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2015 - 17:33

yup game was completely down for me, luckily I was at work for most of it.

#17 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 17:50

Let's forget about updates, content and otherwise for a minute. It surprises me that we have to ask for a playable game. This has happened before. It's pathetic and a joke. Who runs their business like this, and after 8+ years, and expects to continue to be profitable? I am very displeased. Lip service, mentioned earlier, would acknowledge some communication. We get none of it  today, no explanation, no apologies, and we're heading into the weekend where we will likely get more of the same. It's a disappointment to say the least...

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#18 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 March 2015 - 18:25

https://forums.hunte...ctivity-issues/

#19 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2015 - 18:36

um, relevance? that is in the Eldevin forums and relates to those that play that game... :rolleyes:

#20 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 March 2015 - 18:50

um, relevance? that is in the Eldevin forums and relates to those that play that game... :rolleyes:

The relevance is that they were/are apparently having server/network-wide issues. This is apparent by the fact that the forum and Eldevin were completely down last night, and Fallen Sword was having connection issues as well. The relevance is that the issues were acknowledged by an administrator, who,  for some reason unknown to us, did not also come into the Fallen Sword forum to post a similar statement. I simply posted that here so that players who may not venture into that forum might see it.

I wonder why the forum participation is so low these days. Might be due to the fact that players are always sniping at each other and the admins. I apologize for daring to share information I thought others might find useful. I guess that isn't what the forum is for anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: