• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 18:40

I would like to propose a new idea to make GvG a little more fair to the defending guilds.

Most guilds do GvG for the purpose of profiting from RP, nothing is wrong with that.

They target defenseless/offline players so the value of RP will decrease rapidly over time.

To keep RP valuable and fair, here are my proposals for completing all attacks:

• If attacking guild completes the attacks before the defending guild, then both guilds get 10/15/20 RP for 50/75/100 attacks respectively.
  • If defending guild completes the attacks before the attacking guild, then defending guild gets 15/23/30 RP for 50/75/100 attacks respectively.  Attacking guild gets 5/8/10 RP for 50/75/100 attacks respectively.  This will give both guilds the incentive to finish the GvG asap.

As for winning and losing, the RP prizes remain the same.

What do you think?

Edited by beg2lose, 27 February 2016 - 18:51.

#2 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 19:13

I would like to propose a new idea to make GvG a little more fair to the defending guilds.

They target defenseless/offline players so the value of RP will decrease rapidly over time.

you want to make GVG a little more fair to the defending guilds and guilds target defenseless/offline players

how is your idea preventing that?

(I read it and it does not change that defenseless/offline players will be attacked more or less in GVG or did I miss something?)

#3 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 19:31

I think it is fine the way it is personally it's not about finishing quick you have 24 hours hours and anyone can initiate gvgs if they chose so anyone can be the attacker.

#4 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 19:34

The current GvG system doesn't allow or give the defending guild any chance or incentive to push the attacking guild back.

With my proposal and the incentive, members in the defending guild can finish the GvG first to get the extra RP.

The attacking guild will lose 1/2 the RP therefore they are forced to work harder for the RP.

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 February 2016 - 21:01

My main beef with GvG now is that uber-pots are being used in it - and thus, the ONLY way you can defend against incoming attacks is by also using them. Other than that, I think it's fine as it is.

Change GvG so that only castable buffs are allowable ? - that'll do me - that way you can at least be on a level playing field :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 21:36

That wouldn't be a good idea it seems the only pots people don't mind are the al lib con and other XP and leveling pots... Sorry for being off topic a bit but there's nothing wrong with them

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 February 2016 - 22:07

That wouldn't be a good idea it seems the only pots people don't mind are the al lib con and other XP and leveling pots... Sorry for being off topic a bit but there's nothing wrong with them

I think most potions overpowered, but at least in hunting, it's only "you" that's seeing the effect of them.

In facets of the game where you are using them against other players, be that in whatever format (PvP, Ladder, GvG), then they give an un-surmountable advantage (unless, of course, you use them too - which not everyone can do)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#8 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:35

Curiosity. 

How many guilds do you think GvG?  

How many others have no interest in GvG?

#9 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:59

• If attacking guild completes the attacks before the defending guild, then both guilds get 10/15/20 RP for 50/75/100 attacks respectively.

Doesn't this just mean that twice as much GRP gets into the game, and the value of GRP decreases faster (assuming I accept your opening hypothesis that there is already an oversupply of GRP in the game)?

Or they defend in earnest (following your second point) and even more GRP comes into the game and so it devalues even faster.

#10 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:47

Doesn't this just mean that twice as much GRP gets into the game, and the value of GRP decreases faster (assuming I accept your opening hypothesis that there is already an oversupply of GRP in the game)?

Or they defend in earnest (following your second point) and even more GRP comes into the game and so it devalues even faster.

No. If I read correctly, both guilds are awarded 10/15/20 based on current rules if all attacks are completed regardless of win or loss. The suggestion is to give defending guilds extra incentive to fight back and complete all the hits before the attacking guild is done. If the defending guild does this regardless of winning or losing, they steal some of the RP from the attacking guild. So the attacking guild was suppose to get 10/15/20 but they will instead get the reduced amount which is transferred and added to the defending guild so the total RP distributed is the same. Hope it makes sense.

Edited by yotwehc, 28 February 2016 - 09:47.

#11 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:15

No. If I read correctly, both guilds are awarded 10/15/20 based on current rules if all attacks are completed regardless of win or loss. The suggestion is to give defending guilds extra incentive to fight back and complete all the hits before the attacking guild is done. If the defending guild does this regardless of winning or losing, they steal some of the RP from the attacking guild. So the attacking guild was suppose to get 10/15/20 but they will instead get the reduced amount which is transferred and added to the defending guild so the total RP distributed is the same. Hope it makes sense.

Guilds have every incentive to fight back, having done so twice this past week and had it done once against us.Rewards are just fine as is. It is all about choice. There is a thrill about hitting a buffed online player that no other part of the game can give.

Edited by zizzwyly, 28 February 2016 - 10:17.

#12 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:42

Guilds have every incentive to fight back, having done so twice this past week and had it done once against us.Rewards are just fine as is. It is all about choice. There is a thrill about hitting a buffed online player that no other part of the game can give.

Yes but OP's idea relates to your last sentence. When we have an incoming GVG, we don't hit back until the other side is off line to get the easy tie or win... with OP's idea, it would encourage us to hit back while they are online encouraging fights between buffed online players.

Edited by yotwehc, 28 February 2016 - 10:50.

#13 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:24

Yes but OP's idea relates to your last sentence. When we have an incoming GVG, we don't hit back until the other side is off line to get the easy tie or win... with OP's idea, it would encourage us to hit back while they are online encouraging fights between buffed online players.

And my last line directly relates to that as it involved hitting online buffed players in all 3 cases...And that is why GVG in my opinion is the best part of the game as losing = loss.

Edited by zizzwyly, 28 February 2016 - 11:25.

#14 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 14:04

I'd missed that aspect of GVG (its a long time since my guild bothered with it).

For all of that, I still don't follow the "value of RP will decrease rapidly over time" argument, and why this suggestion will fix it. The value of RP lies in the desirability of what you can make from the items you buy with it. (At least the tangible value follows from this.) Nothing in the OP suggestion affects the fact that most (though admittedly not all) of the items you can make with the RP purchases are weaker and more expensive than comparable titan items - and require much more stamina to obtain.

#15 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 17:01

I'd missed that aspect of GVG (its a long time since my guild bothered with it).

For all of that, I still don't follow the "value of RP will decrease rapidly over time" argument, and why this suggestion will fix it. The value of RP lies in the desirability of what you can make from the items you buy with it. (At least the tangible value follows from this.) Nothing in the OP suggestion affects the fact that most (though admittedly not all) of the items you can make with the RP purchases are weaker and more expensive than comparable titan items - and require much more stamina to obtain.

Ah... ok good point. That is true. in this case nothing suggested makes any improvement in that regard.

#16 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 17:03

And my last line directly relates to that as it involved hitting online buffed players in all 3 cases...And that is why GVG in my opinion is the best part of the game as losing = loss.

I don't get it (but that's not hard to do for a village idiot like myself). If the status quo continues, I will wait until they are offline then start hitting... with OP suggestion, I would start hitting while they are online... You may not change the way you play GVG but I would ;p

#17 LittleJack

LittleJack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 28 February 2016 - 17:42

Most guilds do GvG for the purpose of profiting from RP, nothing is wrong with that.

I beleive that it is just this that is wrong with GvG. And attacking guild should never be rewarded with RP for loosing, most don't even care if they win or loose they just finish there hits.

Now i,m well aware that this is not going to change.. But i had to get it off my chest.

Carry on.

#18 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 19:57

I don't think Defending Guilds need more incentive. 

Our Guild happens to get "most" (not all) of our RP from defending. I'm happy with how it is now.

I "believe" that strategy is mostly involved with initiating. I guess that forcing the initiators to all being on at the same time could be a benefit, but I don't think it's necessary and I'm worried that would actually decrease GvG activity.

#19 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 21:16

GvG is fine as it currently is. Its activity while still subpar, is considerably higher than it was 1 year ago, and speaking by the declining playerbase, this means alot. The only thing yet to reimplement is the old Announcements considering GvGs. Which guild is currently fighting who. I still dont understand why it was taken down from the front page. It made the whole community more knit together.

#20 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:44

I don't get it (but that's not hard to do for a village idiot like myself). If the status quo continues, I will wait until they are offline then start hitting... with OP suggestion, I would start hitting while they are online... You may not change the way you play GVG but I would ;p

Here is the scenario a player pops crystal pvp reward pots running for 24 hours and starts 20 gvg's,  I had 1 target to hit back on and we drew the gvg. Doing so is more rewarding than the proposed change this thread offers.Nothing in this GAME is about the rewards it is About HOW you play the GAME.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: