#21 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:44

Glad to see a bit of HC response. I remember being excited hearing about this game when I was in high school ... now I'm about to finish grad school. Long time! Although I no longer play, I hope things get better, as there are a number of good points to this game.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#22 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:46

One quick question.

Considering there were no responses to tickets and bug reports before you told us this. Now that the game is being scaled down as you put it, is there even less likelyhood of there being any responses, so, totaly pointless for players to even bother trying?

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#23 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:06

R.I.P Eldevin 2013-2016,thanks HCS for the hundreds hours of fun i had during these years and all the friends i made.

Edited by scorp, 02 June 2016 - 09:06.

Fire,i like fire.

#24 Marcus219

Marcus219

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:03

Okay. Sad to read, but I can understand the decision. Could have told us earlier tho.

Well wish you all the best HCS, and perhaps better to stop the game now. Otherwise we will always have great expectations.

Edited by Marcus219, 02 June 2016 - 13:25.

Keep up the good work HCS!! :)

#25 mmhm

mmhm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:26

``unfortunately Eldevin never quite gained the following it required `` 

you did this to yourselves, devs! you loose a lot of new people and old by having no updates.
sad to read but with what others peeps have said - tickets not answered for over 50 days, no news here.. what else could you possibly do `scaled down`? thank you for the  game. it has been a great run.

and i am so super happy that i cancelled my supporter months ago! :D

#26 mmhm

mmhm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:45

This could have been The game.  :unsure:

#27 panchop

panchop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 June 2016 - 13:06

Hi Mojawk,

Is really sad read this, I know about some players quit and r supporting this game maybe they still supporting, waiting for the updates, i can give u some names lahara, ben, ernzor, mog,and others. 

The game is really good people invite me to play lol and others pvp games but im stay here.

I have no idea, if u can safe the game with some idea more marketing or something. You can ask the more experienced players new ideas for safe the game bro i can help.

And thanks for says the true about the game. 

Edited by panchop, 02 June 2016 - 13:07.

#28 Willoughby

Willoughby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 18:17

Damn shame to hear that it's gone the way of the others.

4re39x.jpg
That's how long I've been waiting for this game.

#29 gotan

gotan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 19:33

Well I just spent over an hour crafting a post for this thread.. hit the button to post and it disappeared :(

Maybe it will appear sometime. in the meantime an appeal to all those who love this game:

Don't Give Up !!! Don't let the game die!!!

• HC is not getting rich off this game or any other game. They need to eat.
  • don't withdraw your financial support in fear that the game will die anyway
  • those of you who play for free, don't be parasites! Donate what you can afford
  • HC provide a more flexible means to allow players to donate any odd amount no matter how small

Save Eldevin!

#30 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 June 2016 - 20:02

These are really the main facets to make the game sustainable at a what most new and returning players would consider a non beta game hcs, then people can consider themselves literally playing a game than an unfinished work that is not quite so worthy to cling to,

Obviously 50 content(dungeon, sets and gear etc for it, professions all with lvl 50 items),

An AH, so there is ability to trade,

Something to the guild system(ie a leader board with probably these 3 factors as minimum IN GAME not top list... guild xp, pvp kills against other guilds, dungeons runs made in DUNGEON MODE), ability to buy bonuses for durations(25 EP or 75 gold grants +1 movement speed to all guildies for 12 hours.... 100 EP or 300 gold grants +2 movement speed to all guildies for 16 hours).... for example.

One thing that needs abolishing no matter how many are upset is that ICC needs to be changed from absolutes to defined,

ToC and arena need at the completion of every 15 rounds(ToC), 5 completed arenas(arena), ONE absolute gem,

WB's need upgrading to endgame, new loot of worth(small chance of getting an OP pot for example OR a very weird jewelry set that fits every class(hp/energy/focus with some really cool set bonuses + etc etc and + etc etc, 25% chance to resist a knock down for example, +10% chance to loot FP for another example)

Then its simply a matter of keep bugs maintained and lag away, talking with community and getting HUGE feedback before implementing any new features at later times when time becomes available to add anything new, occassional new quest for events.

That isnt the tallest order when 50 content was already 90% complete, 50 content is like 70% of the equation and its nearly ready, it literally then makes so much of the rest so coasty and cruisy.

edit: with how the game has gone, BT/RG could prob easily be changed to 50% chance of dropping a glimmering instead of a fair.

edit2: scribe, abolish it, not a great game idea.

edit3: stuff.

Edited by Undjuvion, 02 June 2016 - 20:44.

#31 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 June 2016 - 21:27

2 things to say about this

1: when in beta we got told the game would be released at upto lvl 50. which was WRONG should have stayed in beta till it was done till at least lvl 45 and all sorted.

2: not enough advertising, just gettting it on steam was not enough and point 1 has made loads not stay as there was many bugs.

#32 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 June 2016 - 21:31

2 things to say about this

1: when in beta we got told the game would be released at upto lvl 50. which was WRONG should have stayed in beta till it was done till at least lvl 45 and all sorted.

2: not enough advertising, just gettting it on steam was not enough and point 1 has made loads not stay as there was many bugs.

true, u dont become an author, write half a book, put it on stands and go wow hmmmm, why is noone happy with my book, its half done, ill give up!

#33 davidutz

davidutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge
  • Romania

Posted 02 June 2016 - 22:05

just  a  small P.S.  .... 

did any one wonder way   in FS  people donate more then in Eldevin ..  1 of the reasons might be  that in FS  for  60 $  u get 400 fsp  and in eldevin u get  7500  Ep  for the same 60 $   and let me tel u  people hate to pay lots of 0000  for some thing even if the $  price is the same   just a small glitch  in general thinking   ... denominate the Ep  wits /100  and u will see more donations  and more  ep spent   ...  its simple i can more eazzy spend 200  fsp  then 3750  ep ..   for a lets say weapon 

just my  small PS \

and u can not expect it to take off if  u dont haw some of the most comon things in  MMORPG 

trading system 

guilds   (  take FS as example not what we haw now ) 

decent crafting system  ( comunity used 10 % of all the recipes ... the rest are just there   to fill the page )    

if now  u decided  u cant handle it .. let the community help  im sure  they are some people that whold like to help  in things 

Edited by davidutz, 02 June 2016 - 22:11.

#34 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 02 June 2016 - 22:43

Is really sad read this, I know about some players quit and r supporting this game maybe they still supporting, waiting for the updates, i can give u some names lahara, ben, ernzor, mog,and others. 

Definitely me, I am still following the game and come to the forums daily and try to login once a week or so to catch up with the few that are online.

I actually probably prompted this post, as a few hours before he posted here, he responded to some of my skype questions about Eldevin.

I would 100% come back and be one of its biggest supporters if this game had updates both in content and improvements. I feel at the moment though that I have finished (which is an odd word for this sort of game) as much as I can here, and my time can be better spent elsewhere. Dont get me wrong, I did countless hours of grinding here, and I do not mind that one bit, but I dont really have anything to even grind for any more (only TA kills but was getting about 10 a day last time I tried as no one went there anymore). So right now, I spend my gaming time elsewhere, but I would most certainly come back again if there was more to do.

I know with the small dev team, when there was a dev team for Eldevin, updates can and do take a while. Now with even less people that time is going to increase even more.

There have been many great ideas to implement that would drastically increase the longevity of the game, from better rewards/drops, rarer rewards/drops, unique drops, custom craftables, more PvP maps, more PvP modes, bring back group queue pvp, expand the guild system to include guildhouse, GvG, guild emblems and gear, and even your own level 50 and also completing the ascended dungeons. Quite a lot more can be added to that list too, thats just off the top of my head.

How about to drive some development hours and get the lvl 50 content out (and maybe more depending on how much is raised) you guys run another "founder" pack scheme, call it something else, and have different rewards, but something similar. Could even run it through kickstarter or something like that, so those investing could see what each goal would get us. To get you guys rolling and releasing content again thats one thing I could think of.

But please, dont do that if it will just go back to how it is now afterwards. Like others have said, this game didnt get the following it deserved for a few reasons, one being a lack of timely updates. If we have a couple of people to stick around to release small upgrades (new weapons, mobs, minor quests) that doesn't require huge updates (world maps etc). Perhaps even let users design things if there is a way you can incorporate user design into the game.

Anyway, TLDR - I would 100% be back if this game was active in the devs eyes

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#35 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 22:48

and i am so super happy that i cancelled my supporter months ago! :D

I wish they had told us before I renewed my support in April :angry:

I (and probably plenty of other players) was lead to believe that the lvl50 content would be out according to the official update post on 15 January with confirmation on the 19th January and again on the 1st March and nothing to the contrary afterwards. So when my previous supporter ran out in mid April, I renewed.

If they had told us sooner instead of letting us continue to believe the new content would be coming out (admitely its always later than originally claimed but not that long after so I wasn't overly concerned by the time it had got to May), I wouldn't have wasted my money :angry: , and instead, played for free, which I intend to be doing once my support runs out. If there was going to be an end game within a reasonable time of it being posted I would be continued my support.

I don't mind paying for a product if I know I will get the entire thing. But I wouldn't pay for something and only get part of it.

As the first line of the supporter option says "Become an 'Eldevin Supporter' and show your support for the game!", but HCS can't show their appretiation and their support for their players.

If new players start, I am sure very few will be paying to support it if they know it is unlikely to be finished any time soon. So less income will lead to less incentive for HCS to actually finish the game and drag it out till it dies out on its own :angry:

I am sorry to the other players if I sound harsh. But I started playing this game, September 2014 and have played it every single day since (yeah I know, get a life), even if it was for an hour or so to do the dailies, so I really enjoy it and have become very passionate about it. This news has really disappointed me.

Edited by Steve1973, 02 June 2016 - 22:59.

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#36 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 June 2016 - 23:40

edit2: scribe, abolish it, not a great game idea.

i want scribe i have so many backpacks i want to name them.  sure rthe idea itself is fluff, but depending on what is done with it. it could turn out to be good.  

#37 Sacrier

Sacrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 23:54

HCS when are you opening the azraq port :) I don't care about eldevin city or drateol they may get eaten by the plagued xD

Let me escape to Xaralith so I can protect the lightorb and conquer the kingdom with it ♡♡♡

#38 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 03 June 2016 - 00:03

If new players start, I am sure very few will be paying to support it if they know it is unlikely to be finished any time soon. So less income will lead to less incentive for HCS to actually finish the game and drag it out till it dies out on its own :angry:

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. I rather not see this go rock-bottom but if it happens... well they'd lose many years of dev time spent on this MMORPG. It's the only reason I can think of why they are wanting to continue supporting the game right now. After seeing many MMORPG's close down... not too surprised.

After some thinking... I still find it weird from January till now and the news on level 50 content... it should have been out months ago. Something doesn't add up....  so I have a suspicion they are working on a new project because Eldevin did fine the first year... and with FS,Legacy left... where is really the dev time going to? That's what is bugging me.  <_<

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#39 GatorFett

GatorFett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:07

Not surprised.  Life cycle of a HCS game. 

#40 Marcus219

Marcus219

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:59

Will Summer event be cancelled or just take place, just like Valentine and Spring? Nothing new, just the event?

Keep up the good work HCS!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: