Photo

5 Minute Cooldown on Resurrection

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: 5 Minute Resurrect Cool Down (34 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about the new 5 Minute Resurrect Cool Down?

1. I think that it was the missing link in my life and now, my life has new meaning. (4 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

2. I hate it. I just hate it. (18 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. Strategy wise, it's brilliant. (8 votes [19.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

4. Strategy wise, it strategically was silly to change it. (4 votes [9.52%] - View)

5. I'm an assassin and it makes me even more desirable cause now I can have never ending resurrections because of soulfire and it was an awesome way to buff my class! Woot!!!! I freakin' rule! (4 votes [9.52%] - View)

6. Chickens! (4 votes [9.52%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:26

If it's not broke, why fix it?

I'm positive the only reason that you've increased resurrection to five minutes is because you want to make assassins even more desirable because now they can have infinite resurrections with soulfire.  I see no other purpose and since HCS has been ignoring my question asking about the change, I will post my suggestion here...change it back please.

It in no way adds strategy to the game.  It only lengthens dungeon runs.  And those who've run ASV and ARG over and over don't exactly want to lengthen them any longer.  They're crazy long as it is and I want to jam screwdrivers into my eyes when it hits the one hour marker.  And now, to throw salt in my wounds, you add a 5 minute cooldown.  What were you thinking????

Our cd on potions is two minutes, which is very long if you need an emergency heal and mana at the same time.  Being stuck with basic attack for two minutes...it's not pretty.  

This isn't helping the balance.  

8TLwd.jpg

#2 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:34

In ta you could keep reviving someone and then kill gaining easy kill which was kinda of exploit.
Fire,i like fire.

#3 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:41

nope not a good move... change is back or shorten it

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#4 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 13:59

good move :)

#5 penmen22

penmen22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 14:08

The thing I have a problem with is that last night I was doing Boondocks and my teammate died, so I tried to revive him, but accidentally misc licked and the spell stopped. Now we either had to wait a whole 5 mins for the spell to cooldown and waste dungeon time, or just let him die. It was fine before because we would at least wait out the min or so, but now it's just stupid.

#6 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2014 - 14:38

i would have voted on both strategy wise it is "brilliant" but at the same time silly as its just another thing to add to the list of things u need to set up before a run, res order etc, some things are better complex and detailed but adding res orders to the list is not the greatest i think, from what i hear ARG is way fun now from it so...

EDIT: cos i needed to :)

Edited by Undjuvion, 13 September 2014 - 14:39.

#7 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 16:02

and since i have five minutes until my team can res me now since i've died, i have time to reflect on this crazy cd.  at the very least, let me be able to speak to my teammates after death. like a ghost whisperer.  or manually sort my bp...

Edited by ChelseaBrick, 13 September 2014 - 16:03.

8TLwd.jpg

#8 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 16:11

In ta you could keep reviving someone and then kill gaining easy kill which was kinda of exploit.

why not just lengthen it in TA and keep it the same in PvE, oh wait nvm TA is PvE.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#9 Unlucker

Unlucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 September 2014 - 17:09

How many freaking things gotta get nerfed because of stupid PVP about which 80% of normal people don't care ?

#10 Narciss

Narciss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 17:11

I chose funny choice until i ran arg a while ago... I hate this update.

#11 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 September 2014 - 18:48

i have yet log yet after all grafic updats hardware rendoring, Over all see another nail in coffen that making this not worth log into any sooner waiting around log in do to extrame lack of any thing in way of fun to do. Rez set 5 min top that off to 2 min cool down DGN - forcing people look at gear and build spec, As well leve people out of potinal DGN run's like my self, Speacil in BT piller's are massive kill very hard run that with out few death's even with fully geared people.

More update's furthing means of me not wonting to log in.

Vote: chicken's Sound like chicken programing game right now.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 13 September 2014 - 18:49.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#12 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 19:08

I'm okay with the cooldown on Resurrection(where is that option in the poll?), but I think not being able to communicate at all while dead is problematic. Additionally, as mentioned earlier in the thread, if your resurrection is cancelled during the cast for whatever reason(such as moving or clicking), it should not activate the 5 minute cooldown.

I'm also curious to know if the cooldown timer is affected by Spell Haste. It should be, right?

Edited by huhbum, 13 September 2014 - 19:08.

#13 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 20:22

5 People in a group, If you have no assassin then use wisely. If your group is good enough, should not be an issue. 5 People = 5 rez (or 3 at least if you don't count tank and healer). If you are in ARG, it will be a wipe anyhow. Adds strategy.

#14 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 September 2014 - 20:46

why not just lengthen it in TA and keep it the same in PvE, oh wait nvm TA is PvE.

TA is PvE? oh good, no one gets Pk'd there then :lol:

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#15 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 20:55

TA is PvE? oh good, no one gets Pk'd there then :lol:

There are many signs, mounts you can't have mounts in pvp group, you can in pve though and in TA, you collect materials in pve , you can't in group pvp but you can in TA ,etc.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#16 Brioche

Brioche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:20

I think that if the devs would stop being silent on this matter and tell us what their intention is, we could provide so much more feedback on how to improve whatever issue they had when they decided to make this change.

Right now, many players are frustrated over this issue and they have no outlet simply because they do not know what the problem is, so they are viewing the devs in a negative light. Simply increasing the cooldown, without telling us why, is not a good idea at all.

Edited by Brioche, 14 September 2014 - 04:20.

#17 Brioche

Brioche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:29

Making players frustrated - I doubt that was your intention.

Stopping players from ressing if they started casting then had to move and interrupt it - I doubt that was your intention.

Forcing players to have to wait 5 minutes after casting ress in order to have maximum combat capability - I doubt that was your intention.

If this is the case, then why not do it as lester suggested?

5 People in a group, If you have no assassin then use wisely. If your group is good enough, should not be an issue. 5 People = 5 rez (or 3 at least if you don't count tank and healer). If you are in ARG, it will be a wipe anyhow. Adds strategy.

If this is the case, then why not set Resurrection to be only able to be successfully cast once while in combat? And then reset cooldown as soon as combat ends. In fact, make it so that you can cast Resurrection any number of times outside of combat. This means that Resurrection has no cooldown time at all, but is based on whether you are in combat or not.

If you can do this, then people won't have to worry about moving to interrupt res, and you can set it to disallow res on TA. 

Edited by Brioche, 14 September 2014 - 04:39.

#18 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:32

Players are frustrated as it has been easy in the past to be able to res someone whenever needed. Didnt have to think at all. People generally like things easier, not necessarily given to them, but it seems that anything that takes away from super speed runs (mana issues with maximum DPS output and now having to think about res issues) then some people will find issue with that.

Keep in mind though you generally hear ALOT more from people sitting on the upset side of the fence. For these things to be changed in the first place someone else must have complained/mentioned/suggested it be like this.

Me, I dont care either way about this res issue, will play it however it comes.

I think more importantly HCS you should not slip these things into updates. You may see them as tiny changes. But as you can see, people can be very oppinionated about things like this. Lots of the balance changes were discussed in some way or another in various threads, but there has been no mention of this resurrect change anywhere until the patch notes.

Perhaps if we could have discussed it, maybe as a community we could come up with an alternative, like a 2min CD so that it is similar in length to a sin's Soul Fire reset.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#19 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:32

Here is the problem,resurrect is actually a sorcery based ability/skill.....Ok so this should primarily be beneficial to a mage or  a prophet right?

WRONG,this ability is now more beneficial to an already OP class of the game...assassins.
Can cast it in the same time and channel as an other class...and can soulfire for another one to do again...oh its only 2 times though....no..soulfire is a 2m cd...and can be reduced to 1 minute easily as an assassin...so they can keep doing it every single minute. prophets at maximum can do it every 2 minutes..

Another problem, Prophets can't afford at high level cases to not heal for 10 seconds to bring back a fallen teammate,it just doesn't work.

ARG- 3 purple dots+ rock throwing...you have to move continuously..over and over and they spawn soo quickly you dont have the time to even bring a person back.
again if a person dies that's just more possibility of you aggroing somehow over something else..especially with broken aggro right now.

This update..was basically built off the idea of an pvper..to suit pvping...in the process it ruined a good portion of PVE.

CC immunity..should only exist in pvp..plain and simple...
outside of pvp....each individual tool for cc should have its own seperate cd for immunity..without this being the case...even if mages buff was successful you screw them because they have no chance to keep a mob at bay to damage them,same with warsins with met+mael combo(having belt with effects).

Edited by HuMoR, 14 September 2014 - 04:34.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#20 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 14:58

IMO the only fix that are needed is:

Additionally, as mentioned earlier in the thread, if your resurrection is cancelled during the cast for whatever reason(such as moving or clicking), it should not activate the 5 minute cooldown.

• KeS likes this

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: