Photo

Making Titan Hunting more Popular

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
278 replies to this topic

Poll: Time to Titan hunt (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you titan hunt more often if it took less time?

1. Yes (35 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. No, I have no desire to Titan hunt at all (4 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. Time is not an issue to me (41 votes [51.25%])

Percentage of vote: 51.25%

Vote

#1 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 00:21

1st I wanted to pose a simple question about titan hunting and making it more popular/appealing to the player base.

-Simply would you be more likely to Titan hunt if the whole hunt was Shorter in Length (less time to secure or get TKP)?

Most hunts take 3+ hours to either get a secure or clear a titan for TKP. This to me is a big reason I rarely hunt them as it is hard to dedicate 3+ hours with no breaks. I will post some possible ideas to solve this in a separate post to keep the question pure. Please feel free to post your own idea's on how to make titans more popular again.

Regards,

#2 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 00:29

Agree with the long hunt>>>>We have a doubler for everything else, Why not there???

#3 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 00:35

Making it faster for fast players would in turn make it harder for players who cannot move quickly to get secures..or clean up to gain TKP solve that issue and I will support..(not that you need my support.)

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 November 2014 - 00:35

I think titan hunting would become instantly more popular if the cheating were removed from it ....

For years there have been allegations about players who are able to, as if by magic, appear on one side of the map and then, miraculously, within a second, be on the other side of the map racking up kills.

I know there are measures in place to try to prevent scripting in titan hunting but I can't comment to their effectiveness as only HCS have that information, but I think more needs to be done...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 00:39

I started thinking about this because of the seasonal titans. They spur more activity and do die faster because more people hunt them. Also because TKP is less an Hour hunting them is more significant than an hour on a normal titan if your going for TKP over a secure.

I rarely will try for TKP on Titans because it would take around 9+ hours of hunting to get the drop (3 full hunts clearing a Titan) Lots of others must feel the same as many titans will just sit there once they have been secured.

I know Grim mentioned the Christmas LE's dropping some unique potions. I thought this issue could possibly be solved with some unique potions.

-Titan Magnetism (works like Animal Magnetism for Titans)

-Titan Doubler 1 ( x3 or x4 amount of kills, but Conserve does not work while active) Sinks more Stam

-Titan Doubler 2 (x3 or x4 amount of kills, but Lightfoot does not work while active) Sinks more Stam

-Cursed Titan Doubler (x5 amount of kills, but works like a cursed buff and Unbreakable does not work while active) Sinks more gold

These ideas are meant to lower the time to kill a titan (make it more appealing to the masses) while still sinking the same amount of stam/gold if not make it higher to keep the economy from crashing.

Another possibly way to make Titans more appealing is to have new "Seasonal" Titans that appear in each Month of the year.

#6 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 00:45

Tkp is basically my only choice for gaining titan drops unless a seasonal titan is out and you can find all the Big titan hunting guilds simultaneously on Cooldown.. which does not normally happen.

#7 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 00:46

Making it faster for fast players would in turn make it harder for players who cannot move quickly to get secures..or clean up to gain TKP solve that issue and I will support..(not that you need my support.)

I am not saying to make the movement faster. I am saying to make the Time required to hunt the titan less. This would make it harder for a fast moving player if they showed up late to a hunt to win. If a slower player is more attentive and prepared they can show up early in a spawn and build a lead and compete with the faster player.

#8 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 00:51

I am not saying to make the movement faster. I am saying to make the Time required to hunt the titan less. This would make it harder for a fast moving player if they showed up late to a hunt to win. If a slower player is more attentive and prepared they can show up early in a spawn and build a lead and compete with the faster player.

I realize that but if it takes a fast player less time to secure, by definition a slower moving player will be at a disadvantage and allowing kills to be gained faster would increase that disadvantage..On an even playing field.

#9 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 00:58

Time, effort, stamina, etc. All these things contribute to the items value. If we decrease time, we decrease everything else. And decreasing everything else decreases the value and sooner or later, the items just won't feel Epic.

#10 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:00

double post

Edited by Leos3000, 19 November 2014 - 01:02.

#11 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:02

I realize that but if it takes a fast player less time to secure, by definition a slower moving player will be at a disadvantage and allowing kills to be gained faster would increase that disadvantage..On an even playing field.

Actually it should have 0 impact in this example. If you are killing at a 2 to 1 ratio it would still be the same result if it took you 1 hr to get the kills or 3 hours. At least you could get the hunt over with in less time.

#12 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:02

Time, effort, stamina, etc. All these things contribute to the items value. If we decrease time, we decrease everything else. And decreasing everything else decreases the value and sooner or later, the items just won't feel Epic.

these add value to the hunter but not to the buyer.  The time, stamina, etc still is the same but value of epics are down.  It still comes down to economics supply and demand.

#13 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:07

these add value to the hunter but not to the buyer.  The time, stamina, etc still is the same but value of epics are down.  It still comes down to economics supply and demand.

Obviously not since the whole point of this thread is the decrease the time it takes to secure a titan. 

Less time to secure = more secures over time = more Epics into the system = more supply = drop in prices.

*Points back to my original comment*

#14 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:10

Actually it should have 0 impact in this example. If you are killing at a 2 to 1 ratio it would still be the same result if it took you 1 hr to get the kills or 3 hours. At least you could get the hunt over with in less time.

It has increased effect because the slower moving player will have less time in which to gain the kills..

A solution would be to remove movement from titans altogether and have them Spawn at a fixed space in a realm requiring  xyz kills at double stam use to secure and clean them up.

That would also decrease secure time ...and leave the attack timer in place ...

Edited by katatonic, 19 November 2014 - 01:23.

#15 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:21

I don't like the choices in the poll. I would like a it's fine as is. Let's stop the magic hunters first.

#16 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:56

Obviously not since the whole point of this thread is the decrease the time it takes to secure a titan. 

Less time to secure = more secures over time = more Epics into the system = more supply = drop in prices.

*Points back to my original comment*

I assumed  that increased amount would not be allowed.  Titans spawn (amount of that titan appearing in a given week) should not be increased.

#17 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:01

I assumed  that increased amount would not be allowed.  Titans spawn (amount of that titan appearing in a given week) should not be increased.

The problem with that is that we would just have more downtime for everyone to twiddle their thumbs during waiting time for titans. 

#18 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:38

where's the keep it the way it is?

titan hunting is a team effort hence the guild tkp logs team up with some friends and trust me you won't be doing 3 hour hunts and it's more fun with guildies around :D

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#19 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:10

I know Grim mentioned the Christmas LE's dropping some unique potions. I thought this issue could possibly be solved with some unique potions.

-Titan Magnetism (works like Animal Magnetism for Titans)

-Titan Doubler 1 ( x3 or x4 amount of kills, but Conserve does not work while active) Sinks more Stam

-Titan Doubler 2 (x3 or x4 amount of kills, but Lightfoot does not work while active) Sinks more Stam

-Cursed Titan Doubler (x5 amount of kills, but works like a cursed buff and Unbreakable does not work while active) Sinks more gold

These ideas are meant to lower the time to kill a titan (make it more appealing to the masses) while still sinking the same amount of stam/gold if not make it higher to keep the economy from crashing.

Actually, he said: "The return of the Dragon LE events with three new Dragons and an Egg potion on each Dragon instead of just one. Expect the potions to be unusual buffs, trying to keep them to the theme of the Dragon where possible." [1] and then: "The Egg potions will probably be quite odd. Buffs we don't see often (if at all) in potion form. They ought to be interesting." [2]  So he's talking about current buffs that we don't have potions of; he didn't say unique/new skills.

The problem I see with your suggestion quoted above: What happens when the lead titan hunting guilds with lots of resources buy up all the special titan potions? This just allows them to get their titan kills faster than everyone else and maintain their Epic Empire. Or at least, spend less time doing it, and still cash in the same on the sale of the reward, whereas the people who are not fortunate enough to be part of the Titan Potion Buy-up still spend many hours to get their reward.

#20 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:16

Titanhunting don't have to take 3+ hours to secure. Bring a larger group from the guild to hunt it, and the hunt will be shorter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: