Photo

competitive Guild Medals

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: GUILD MEDALS (98 member(s) have cast votes)

would this suggestion encourage you to aim for the medals / rewards?

1. Yes (78 votes [79.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.59%

2. No (20 votes [20.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:36

POPULAR

GUILD MEDALS to encourage competition

• GvG: win X numbers of conflicts

=> Encourage players to do GvGs

• PvP: win X numbers of attacks on the BB / PvP ladder

=> Encourage players to join the PvP ladder / BB

• Arena: win X numbers of tournaments

=> Encourage players to join the arena & tournaments to fill up faster

• Titan Hunting: get X numbers of TKPs

=> Encourage players to go for TKPs too (not mainly secures)

• Global Event: get X numbers of kills

=> Encourage players to do globals (frags & chest GE) / more GE kills

The X numbers required are different for each guild, they depend on how big / small  the guild is (# of guild members) !!!

!!! FORMULA is up to HCS to decide !!!

EXAMPLE:

• GvG: the smaller the guild the more conflicts they need to win (due to small guilds having an advantage)
  • PvP: the bigger the guild the more PvP attacks are required (due to big guilds having an advantage with more members)
  • Arena: small & big guilds have the same advantage (due to the arena 25% restriction neither of them has an advantage)
  • Titan Hunting: small & big guilds have the same advantage (because only TKP are counted, does not matter if secured or not)
  • Global Event: the bigger the guild the more GE kills are required (due to big guilds having an advantage with more members)

Furthermore there will be a top10 for guilds (under TOP RATED) on GvG, PvP, Arena & Titan Hunting that resets EVERY DAY to encourage players to ACTIVELY participate on these different game aspects & to “pit” guilds against each other to try get a ranking in the top10 !!!

The top10 (GvG, PvP, Arena & Titan hunting ) for guilds that will reset EVERY DAY will have guild medals too, 4 guild medals:

• top10 GvG
  • top10 PvP
  • top10 Arena
  • top10 Titan Hunting

Top10 for guilds will be ranked with 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and NOT with the X numbers of wins / kills which is different for each guild depending on its size !!!

REWARDS:

Rewards are GUILD medals BUT each medal UNLOCKS a unique reward

EXAMPLE:

• BRONZE: +250 MAX STAM
  • SILVER: +1% duration to skills cast
  • GOLD: +1 stam gain per hour
  • CRYSTAL: +1% duration to potions
  • RUBY: +100 XP gain per hour
  • DIAMOND: +1 stam gain per hour

I just posted an EXAMPLE !!! REWARDS are for HCS to decide in the END: REWARDS that will encourage players to participate !!!

To COUNTER EXPLOIT that might happen:

• # of wins is DIFFERENT for each guild, meaning that if a small guild got BRONZE with 10 members but later has 30 members then they will lose the medal UNTIL they get the BRONZE requirement for 30 members !!!
  • a "1" player guild man has an advantage, can easily & faster get the MEDALS, so the MINIMUM X numbers required for a small guild (from 1 – 9 members) should be at 10 members !!!
  • very big guilds will be at a disadvantage, so the MAXIMUM X numbers required for a big guild should be capped at 50 members
  • !!! FORMULA is up to HCS to decide !!! (to ensure that big / small guilds do not have a DISADVANTAGE or ADVANTAGE over small / big guilds & try to make it "fair" for everyone)
  • please post if you find something that might lead to EXPLOIT, thanks !!!

smile.png please keep it civil, vote & if possible leave a message (ideas, changes, improvements, .... are most welcome) thanks in advance :)

Edited by mary4ever, 26 January 2016 - 06:52.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#2 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 16:56

wild and crazy...but i like the idea of it..cows can work out the details..seems like a better idea than the guild achievements we have now, which smaller guilds have no chance at.. ..i think it could increase activity in all those aspects of the game.

only issue i see..is that many guilds change total number of members, levels of members....often..? how would this work in the formula ?

#3 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 22:36

Aren't these Guild Achievements (GAs)? 

I did skip the reward section. 

If these are more or less GAs, then I'd only be for adding Titan Hunting and GvG as those are the only two aspects that theoretically are directed towards Guilds. I simply don't see the logic in the rest.

I do like the idea of a more active reset on the "top 10".... this is kind of similar to what I suggested with regard to the Guild XP ranking: https://forums.hunte...ed-on-activity/There it was actually suggested that ALL top rankings, both guild and individual, have an additional activity based ranking. I happen to agree.

That said, I think every day is a bit overkill. Maybe monthly. Moreso because you are suggesting rewards. Personally, I wouldn't initially be in favor of any rewards whatsoever... but I guess the concept would have to be a bit more developed for me to think through it.

Again, GAs give rewards that benefit the Guild itself, such as a GS slots in two case and one max member. The two that effect guildies are limited to those who, as I understand it, were "current members". I always thought that meant that those joining after the GA was completed did not receive it. That seems logical to me. 

Anyway, sorry if I don't understand the idea too much. I like the effort even if I'm skeptical about the outcome. 

#4 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 00:44

I love the idea of adding incentives to the game! The current guild 'achievements' could have used some more imagination to inspire players. I felt they were introduced to the game and were then forgotten not just by the devs but by the players too. Never once have a I heard anyone make a big deal about gaining one. Guild medals could change that if developed with some thought.

We need to remember not to add too many of these to keep an exclusive feel to them. Maybe add two or three, but not too many.

The idea proffered here has so much potential. What I don't have much confidence in is the amount of time dedicated to developing the game these days! Good luck with attempting to improve the game Mary!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#5 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:51

wild and crazy...but i like the idea of it..cows can work out the details..seems like a better idea than the guild achievements we have now, which smaller guilds have no chance at.. ..i think it could increase activity in all those aspects of the game.

hehe thanks & totally agree with you abnout the guild achievements (back then I proposed that guild achievements should vary depending on the size of the guild to give smaller guilds a better chance) & that it could increase activity in all those aspects of the game :)

only issue i see..is that many guilds change total number of members, levels of members....often..? how would this work in the formula ?

it's not an issue at all since the X numbers required are NOT "fixed", the total X numbers required depend on the size of the guild (# of members)

there might be scenarios where a guild with 20 members might kick 10 members to lower the required X numbers to have it "easier" so to COUNTER this EXPLOIT I think it's best that IF this suggestion gets implemented then ALL guilds required X numbers will be calculated and viewed for the guilds !!!

if after the IMPLEMENTATION a guild decides to kick members then the required X numbers will stay & NOT be lowered !!!

if after the IMPLEMENTATION a guild gets more members then the required X numbers will NOT stay & be increased (the guild might lose the guild medal until they have enough required X numbers for the # of "current" members in their guild)

#6 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:14

Aren't these Guild Achievements (GAs)?

no, the new medals will be GUILD MEDALS (achievements will stay but a new section will be created for the new medals)

GUILD MEDALS will be in bronze, silver, gold, crystal, ruby & crystalline (same ranking as our current player medals)

I do like the idea of a more active reset on the "top 10"

That said, I think every day is a bit overkill. Maybe monthly.

I do not think monthly is a good idea because it will put smaller guilds at a disadvantage + decrease activity in those aspects of the game

the more often the resets happen the "higher" chance smaller guilds have to get into the top10 since everyone will start from ZERO again (EXAMPLE: Titan Hunting: there is a 7 day cool down, GvG: 20 MAX conflicts at the same time + X days cool down before initiating against the same guild again)

this will increase the chance for guilds who do not "excell" in those aspects of the game

I love the idea of adding incentives to the game! The current guild 'achievements' could have used some more imagination to inspire players. I felt they were introduced to the game and were then forgotten not just by the devs but by the players too. Never once have a I heard anyone make a big deal about gaining one. Guild medals could change that if developed with some thought.

We need to remember not to add too many of these to keep an exclusive feel to them. Maybe add two or three, but not too many.

The idea proffered here has so much potential. What I don't have much confidence in is the amount of time dedicated to developing the game these days! Good luck with attempting to improve the game Mary!

thanks, I really hope more players wil post here & hopefully like it

:) I really do believe this will encourage player participation in those those aspects of the game (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting, Global Events) :)

#7 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:49

I liking this, better than achivements we having for guilds but it need calcualtion for medals, not making medals very easy or very difficult to getting

I can seeing many guilds wanting to getting this guild medals, more players playing arena, killing titans, killing global and rest

I voting yes

Edited by kitobas, 27 January 2016 - 10:49.

#8 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 16:39

thxs for answering my questions mary...i really like the idea..much better than guild achievements as your medals include the different aspects of the game, and all guilds big or small can enjoy.. hope somehow, someway...the cows find time to implement..

#9 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 27 January 2016 - 17:22

I agree with Egami on skipping the "Rewards" part of this suggestion. Rewards should be for Achievements - not Medals.

If you want a Reward for Guild Medals, perhaps they could be added to the Pride buff or something similar in a new buff.  Other than that, I would say the Medal is the reward.

Other than that, I like this suggestion.

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 18:54

Medals...Achievements...Same thing

#11 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 27 January 2016 - 20:09

no, the new medals will be GUILD MEDALS (achievements will stay but a new section will be created for the new medals)

GUILD MEDALS will be in bronze, silver, gold, crystal, ruby & crystalline (same ranking as our current player medals)

Medals...Achievements...Same thing

Achievements don't have tiers.  You kill enough rats and you get the Guild Achievement and associated reward but nothing more if you keep killing them.

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:09

Achievements don't have tiers.  You kill enough rats and you get the Guild Achievement and associated reward but nothing more if you keep killing them.

Essentially it's the same thing though...

#13 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:11

EXACTLY !!!

achievements are a "one time thing" + most of us "stopped" once they got it :mellow:

as WWWolf said, achievements do not have "tiers" BUT medals do !!!

players did not stop once they got their BRONZE medal, they continued to get a higher "tier" medal & the same will be with the guild medals in order to unlock a unique reward which will "breath life" into these aspects of the game (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting, Global Events) smile.png

+ medals look much cooler that achievements :P

#14 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:25

just putting this out there:

• maybe we can have a "2nd advisor" that shows how many kills / wins (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting, Global Events) each member has made? (might be nice to know)

• to help GvG: maybe we can add 5 "quick buff" - icons that will combined buff the whole guild? (to be able to quicker buff guild mates when under GvG, defending guilds will profit from this, especially big guilds since they have more members & this will save them a LOT of time)

1st icon: buff members 1 - 25 in the guild (starting from top to bottom ranked)

2nd icon: buff members 26 - 50 in the guild (starting from top to bottom ranked)

3rd icon: buff members 51 - 75 in the guild (starting from top to bottom ranked)

4th icon: buff members 76 - 100 in the guild (starting from top to bottom ranked)

5th icon: buff members 101 - 124 in the guild (starting from top to bottom ranked)

this could really be helpful because from experience when a guild initiates a conflict with us it takes me a LOT of time to buff members (until then they would have made most of their attacks on unbuffed targets) & if I am on mobile then it is unfortunately much worse (the bigger the guild the longer it takes) mellow.png

Edited by mary4ever, 28 January 2016 - 10:28.

#15 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:29

just putting this out there:

• maybe we can have a "2nd advisor" that shows how many kills / wins (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting, Global Events) each member has made? (might be nice to know)

• to help GvG: maybe we can add 5 "quick buff" - icons that will combined buff the whole guild? (to be able to quicker buff guild mates when under GvG, defending guilds will profit from this, especially big guilds since they have more members & this will save them a LOT of time)

1st icon: buff members 1 - 25 in the guild (starting from top to bottom ranked)

2nd icon: buff members 26 - 50 in the guild (starting from top to bottom ranked)

3rd icon: buff members 51 - 75 in the guild (starting from top to bottom ranked)

4th icon: buff members 76 - 100 in the guild (starting from top to bottom ranked)

5th icon: buff members 101 - 124 in the guild (starting from top to bottom ranked)

this could really be helpful because from experience when a guild initiates a conflict with us it takes me a LOT of time to buff members (until then they would have made most of their attacks on unbuffed targets) & if I am on mobile then it is unfortunately much worse (the bigger the guild the longer it takes) mellow.png

this 2 I only agreeing if HCS need little time making, if HCS need long programming it then better not

#16 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:56

I've proposed more Guild Achievements like two years ago as did others... BG even liked the post. Guild Achievements are supposed to be fun/quirky unusual things or more guildwide participation items (buffing/groups) GvG is already represented via Rating anyhow. Seems like another feather in the cap, not something all guilds will partake in. Activity doesn't warrant more GvG PvP fluff when it's the same groups (my guild included in some cases) benefitting from it.

There needs to be more FUN things plugged into the game instead of raw numbers. Seems like people on the forums don't know of anything fun to propose and consider compiling stats and ground pounding newbies ways to increase activity/players. We need more stupid random stuff to give the game a bit of character and life. These ideas are already represented via your own personal medals and GvG Ratings anyhow.

Enough fluff that is essentially for us higher end players. Put some stuff in there for the handful of newer players to play with as well (we'll still have access to it anyhow).

Quote from:

https://forums.hunte...tie#entry903754

I think both guild and personal acheivements related to class type kill totals would be a major plus and encourage a bit more activity. We have a vermin class one that is outlandishly difficult to acheive, but not a single other one. No Greenskinm Beast or Undead ones? A Undead acheivement titled "What Apocalypse?" with a icon of a burning zombie. Could be a intersting way to give the kinds of bonuses we would like, but consider game breaking. "Players Eat Tasty Animals" for 20k Beast kills gets you 5 bp slots. Things like that that reward player activity in doing specific things. Like killing Xinderoth Observer 25 times gets you +1 xp gain upgrade, and titled "You Can't See Me" with the icon being a xinderoth observer eye on a mantle/plate/something as the icon. Fun random things like that.

Edited by Gutie, 03 February 2016 - 09:57.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#17 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 23:27

it is GUILD MEDALS and NOT achievements, even the name of this topic says GUILD MEDALS !!!

+ it has already been explained where the difference is between the two !!!

EXACTLY !!!

achievements are a "one time thing" + most of us "stopped" once they got it :mellow:

as WWWolf said, achievements do not have "tiers" BUT medals do !!!

players did not stop once they got their BRONZE medal, they continued to get a higher "tier" medal & the same will be with the guild medals in order to unlock a unique reward which will "breath life" into these aspects of the game (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting, Global Events) smile.png

+ medals look much cooler that achievements :P

thanks

#18 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:48

Although in a small guild (meant to be solo, but I cannot say no to friends wanting to retire next to me) I like the concept of trying to add more incentives to play the game. I am especially a fan of the idea with a resetting top 10 list for each aspect. The current top guild lists are.. well.. some are sitting on top due to someone elses work, and some are sitting on top due to exploits, others due to broken systems...so... good thinking with the reset B)

I do think the bit about guilds growing in size, and hence members risking loosing their medal etc is complicating the matter. I get the thoughts about ppl trying to abuse it, but on the other hand, if I earn a medal under a given ruleset - why should I lose that medal again, just because someone else gets a different ruleset? And also, most likely too complicated for the moo moos to code ;-)

For this idea to happen, and have an impact on the game though, it requires for the cows to pick up the idea now, and work with it - without trying to listen to everyone. There are always someone so outspoken and loud, that they manage to get any and every idea perverted into something it was not meant to be. This is an idea in the rough, and the cows should do the rest - not the community. If the cows need to reflect thoughts on the concept, they can bounce 'em of OP.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#19 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 14:02

The idea is very good.

I have 1 major point about medals.

Let's make the medals = efforts.

What is the point of getting a WIN in GvG when your targets can't defend because they were gearless and/or don't have buffs.

I would like live events/competitions where all participants must be online.

Just my thoughts.

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 16:46

Although in a small guild (meant to be solo, but I cannot say no to friends wanting to retire next to me) I like the concept of trying to add more incentives to play the game. I am especially a fan of the idea with a resetting top 10 list for each aspect. The current top guild lists are.. well.. some are sitting on top due to someone elses work, and some are sitting on top due to exploits, others due to broken systems...so... good thinking with the reset B)

I do think the bit about guilds growing in size, and hence members risking loosing their medal etc is complicating the matter. I get the thoughts about ppl trying to abuse it, but on the other hand, if I earn a medal under a given ruleset - why should I lose that medal again, just because someone else gets a different ruleset? And also, most likely too complicated for the moo moos to code ;-)

For this idea to happen, and have an impact on the game though, it requires for the cows to pick up the idea now, and work with it - without trying to listen to everyone. There are always someone so outspoken and loud, that they manage to get any and every idea perverted into something it was not meant to be. This is an idea in the rough, and the cows should do the rest - not the community. If the cows need to reflect thoughts on the concept, they can bounce 'em of OP.

resetting the guild list sounds like a good idea but it would be way too beneficial for my guild and frankly would be very unfair for all those ancient guilds out there that worked so hard over the years. Very confused on what was exploited though HCS has claimed there has been no exploits to do with GXP. Everything is working as intended. Now is the system flawed? That's a whole new topic :P.

Edited by EpicPiety, 05 February 2016 - 16:50.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: