Photo

Jack's 40 Tailoring/Farming

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#21 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 15:18

What puzzles me is how some of us gets knowledge about this particular thing and thinks:
-Seems like and exploit, you shouldnt be able to level up someone farming without them making any effort for it

and otherr

-Cool feature, this is really helpful.

Im just curious what makes us think so different about this.

Off the top of my head the best example I can think of right now is running runes in runescape. If you aren't familiar, this is when a high lvl runecrafter sits outside the rune altar and waits for people to run to him and gives him essence in exchange for the runes.

Yeah this is different since it doesn't technically use any quirky game mechanics other than exchanging normal essence for essence in bank notes, but I felt a similar vibe with regards to farming, where you'd have like 1-4 guys on your farm helping you and everyone sharing the harvest/xp.

This combined with the fact that I was convincingly told that people were doing this in the beta lead me to believe that this was ok.

Im aslo pretty sure the time difference means something, even tho we all are online whole day.

We're pretty much on the same time zone, from the UK myself.

This made me laugh. If someone is an elitist it must be you? (Saying this in a neutral way) You're the powerleveler, you're the one that are going for a maxed level on everything ASAP.

I didn't mean elitist in the context of playing the game. I was talking about the way people would self righteously accuse me/immediantely label me as an exploiter without a second thought, like they knew better about what I was doing than myself.

Not all of you act this way, I don't think you personally Zook act this way, but there are those who feel they hold a more valued opinion just because they were here first.

I'll just stay on my guard regarding you, and hussey.

It's a shame you can't see it any other way, because I really do not have any ill intentions when it comes to playing games, as I have tried (and seemingly failed) to express in my last few posts.

Edited by Malthrus, 15 December 2013 - 15:32.

#22 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 16:02

Ultimecia,no one is ganging up on him you and dan are his friends so obviously you'll assume its that way. but really its more or less people calling him out on his exploiting and excuses as to why he shouldn't get in trouble for not only exploiting a bug but pure profiting it also. he could have just taken peoples rl money that way or in game money not purchased,either way it was used as profit and he knew it was a bug. he should get the same penalty as a botter or more even,and hussey is a friend of mine and I feel he should probably get some trouble as well. Most of beta testers minus hussey and which ever friend he found out from didn't even know about that bug. and the reply you guys are the beta testers what else do you know that we dont reply<- most ridiculous comment i've read to date. If we didn't get rid of all the huge bugs that are game breaking I guess all of us beta testers would be maxed in everything or capped over gold constantly. There really is no excuse.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#23 Loaf

Loaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 16:13

I'm the proud new owner of:

6pKuaVN.jpg

Thanks Jack.

The deal went down so smoothly, it almost felt like cheating!  Will return for future items.

If you have a spare minute, please rate Eldevin at mmorpg.com

#24 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 16:13

a shame you can't see it any other way, because I really do not have any ill intentions when it comes to playing games, as I have tried (and seemingly failed) to express in my last few posts.

Time will tell I guess.
It's not like I'm gonna be online to stalk you.

I have played RS for a few months in total, but can't say I'm very familiar with all the mechanics. The runes you're refering to, did that level up the players that came with the essence? Otherwise it just seems like a normal market. Placing yourself strategicaly near the altar to receive essence and as payment for your extra skill xp you give them back the runes.

It's a bit different from the farming in eldevin, were the lower skill level players get boosted and pays for it.

I will take your word, that youre not exploiting or meant to exploit.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#25 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 16:27

Ultimecia,no one is ganging up on him you and dan are his friends so obviously you'll assume its that way. but really its more or less people calling him out on his exploiting and excuses as to why he shouldn't get in trouble for not only exploiting a bug but pure profiting it also. he could have just taken peoples rl money that way or in game money not purchased,either way it was used as profit and he knew it was a bug. he should get the same penalty as a botter or more even,and hussey is a friend of mine and I feel he should probably get some trouble as well. Most of beta testers minus hussey and which ever friend he found out from didn't even know about that bug. and the reply you guys are the beta testers what else do you know that we dont reply<- most ridiculous comment i've read to date. If we didn't get rid of all the huge bugs that are game breaking I guess all of us beta testers would be maxed in everything or capped over gold constantly. There really is no excuse.

http://simple.wikipe.../wiki/Paragraph

Ultimecia,no one is ganging up on him you and dan are his friends

Actually I only made a void set for Ultimecia, I don't know him/her. Also, do you have a problem with argueing against odds of more than 1v10? You say nobody is ganging up, but look how many different people (and their friends) have posted in this thread. You don't see me calling in Dan here for morale support, I'm happy to take all of you on at once. :)

and he knew it was a bug

I guess your reading skills are well beyond my comprehension, since you seem to have found the total opposite meaning from my posts.

and the reply you guys are the beta testers what else do you know that we dont reply<- most ridiculous comment i've read to date.

I do not accuse all beta testers, but with secrets such as the farming xp exploit and Odhar chest farming coming to light only now, it does lead one to think what else people know that the rest of us do not.

I guess all of us beta testers would be maxed in everything or capped over gold constantly

Not all of you, but the thing is there ARE people with capped gold, 10k I believe? From what I've heard in world chat at least. Now how do you think that much money even makes it into the system? Buying it from the shop for EP? I doubt it since it would cost you 80,000 EP to do that.

Now you guys STILL seem to think i'm an exploiter, so let me ask you one thing. If I was an exploiter, would I seriously write a public thread that anybody could read and explain how it works/ask for payment?

Edited by Malthrus, 15 December 2013 - 16:34.

#26 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 17:05

Off the top of my head the best example I can think of right now is running runes in runescape. If you aren't familiar, this is when a high lvl runecrafter sits outside the rune altar and waits for people to run to him and gives him essence in exchange for the runes.

Yeah this is different since it doesn't technically use any quirky game mechanics other than exchanging normal essence for essence in bank notes, but I felt a similar vibe with regards to farming, where you'd have like 1-4 guys on your farm helping you and everyone sharing the harvest/xp.

so glad that you used Runescape as an example. I was a player moderator on runescape.  I asked them after I became a mod if running essences was a cheat or exploit and was told no. You could have easily asked any HCS staff if what you were doing was a cheat or an exploit it is that simple. You choice not to. You posted on forums charging people. I will give ya this ya didn't hide it. So it isn't all bad. I knew in beta that people could help me prune and water my crops and yes I did group farm. But I didn't let them harvest my crops didn't know they could. Just saying when in doubt ask HCS staff if something is a bug or an exploit.

#27 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 17:06

You would know how to write a correct paragraph? And no my counter argument alone proves more then worthy. you knew it was a bug and you exploited it, "you knew it was a bug" hopefully you read that part.  You can make up any excuses you see fit but it won't change the rep you get for it. Farming the chest over and over,seems like something anyone can do and it was placed on the map there by hcs themselves which isn't a bug or a exploit of a bug.and if you can show me some proof of someone having 10,000g i'd appreciate it,till then you're just throwing out more nonsense to sidetrack. Also having the personality you do, I could say yeah you would post it on forums just to get the money from it and exploit it so you could make up lame excuses that have nothing  to do with the problem at hand like you're doing right now. You have tested out all the skills and you seen how they worked,why would you all of a sudden go blank in the mind that one of the faster skill at higher tiers would just sudden have something that no other skill has and not think oh maybe this is a bug?

basically your excuse in real life scenario:

store 1=daily benefits a free meal
store 2= no free daily meal working there

fired from store 1 works at store 2 you make yourself a free meal and got caught. technically stealing from the company. "oh but this other store I worked at gave free daily meals". sorry this isn't the other store read your position and guidelines. 

Jack,don't pull the i'm a innocent Victim act,you fully knew it was a bug. and if you didn't then why didn't you ask HCS to confirm? oh but someone else told me its cool,yeah everyone  in this world goes by that motto? look at what good it does for them?

Edited by HuMoR, 15 December 2013 - 17:18.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#28 Hiddie

Hiddie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 17:15

Can everyone just stop being childish and get out of this topic? Jack is trying to run a business here. And no, don't go and quote this and argue with me. Just get lost.

This world can't handle me.

#29 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 17:17

You would know how to write a correct paragraph?

Apparently so, seeing as reading my own post does not make my eyes bleed like yours do.

you knew it was a bug and you exploited it, you knew it was a bug

Saying it to yourself in your head multiple times does not make the statement true in real life, sorry.

Farming the chest over and over,seems like something anyone can do and it was placed on the map there by hcs themselves which isn't a bug or a exploit of a bug

No it isn't, but it clearly wasnt intended to be farmed in that manner or it would not have been changed, right?

Also having the personality you do

What personallity? The personallity where im defending myself from false accusations? Maybe you should go argue with a brick wall if you don't want someone who will talk back to you.

I could say yeah you would post it on forums just to get the money from it and exploit it

Right, but how exactly would I profit from this then because then it just gets fixed instantly.

You have tested out all the skills and you seen how they worked,why would you all of a sudden go blank in the mind that one of the faster skill at higher tiers would just sudden have something that no other skill has and not think oh maybe this is a bug?

I had to go through this one a few times, but I think I understood what you said.  Like I gave the example before from runescape, what other skill other than runecrafting could you accelerate the speed of xping by hiring people to run for you?

Just saying when in doubt ask HCS staff if something is a bug or an exploit. --jeffslady

Agreed. Next time i'm unsure about a particular mechanic i'll ask a staff member first.

Edited by Malthrus, 15 December 2013 - 17:21.

#30 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 17:21

This isn't Runescape, Can't even use that as a example. I enjoy your argument,I enjoy laughing at your points you try to make that have 0 sense. we don't go around exploiting bugs and abusing game systems just because another game has a different setup. 

and btw the chest was placed there by them,and people are required to farm dungeons for those sets. possibly did it cross your mind that hcs made a mistake putting it there,and now later in the game they figured it would be best to move it to the last boss so they would have to fight at least 2 bosses to get their chest reward? probably not.

Edited by HuMoR, 15 December 2013 - 17:24.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#31 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 17:26

This isn't Runescape, Can't even use that as a example. I enjoy your argument,I enjoy laughing at your points you try to make that have 0 sense. we don't go around exploiting bugs and abusing game systems just because another game has a different setup. 

I used the example from runescape, because where else do I find a scenario similar to this game to get my point across? I think my comparision was rather spot on if i'm honest with you.

edit:

and btw the chest was placed there by them,and people are required to farm dungeons for those sets. possibly did it cross your mind that hcs made a mistake putting it there,and now later in the game they figured it would be best to move it to the last boss

Did it cross your mind that they made a mistake by forgetting to add a line of code which prevents players from harvesting crops they do not have the skill required for/do not own? There is no difference here, it is unlikely a game bug as opposed to an oversight.

If my points make no sense to you, then I can say no more than your ego is so out of whack that you are not even trying to see this from my point of view.

But that's ok, I don't even need to reply to your posts really since you only make yourself look more stupid with each one, I just do it for fun.

Edited by Malthrus, 15 December 2013 - 17:29.

#32 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 17:30

Fletching in rs could be accelerated as could cooking I used to trade my fletched bows for supplies and my cooked fish for raw 

#33 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 17:33

Your scenario named off from Runescape is absolutely nothing like the scenario at hand,sorry if you haven't realized that.

Also there is a difference in that little scenario you're trying to run off with also.

hmm a accident where they leave out a code preventing people from doing higher then the lvl achieved,in comparison to a actual map layout with strategy and rewarding system.

look at the map in Ohdar,see that little left pathway leading to the original chest location.  It was intentional for the chest to be there not a accident. The chest was moved to the last boss because people chose to just farm the chest instead of run the bosses. Very large difference.

Edited by HuMoR, 15 December 2013 - 17:41.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#34 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 17:40

a accident where they leave out a code preventing people from doing higher then the lvl achieved,in comparison to a actual map layout with strategy and rewarding system.

look at the map in Ohdar,see that little left pathway leading to the original chest location.  It was intentional for the chest to be there not a accident. The chest was moved to the last boss because people chose to just farm the chest instead of run the bosses. Very large difference.

While you do make a good point here, they clearly didn't intend for it to be farmed in this manner so they changed it, just how they didn't intend farming to be accelerated through harvesting other peoples crops.

So while these 2 things are indeed different, both were unintended, both were abusable and both were fixed. I don't know why you are trying to defend Odhar chest farming so much though, unless you know; you did it yourself.

edit: ooh here's a pretty cool story I just remembered:

Remember that game SWTOR (Star wars: the old republic mmorpg)? Well when that launched there was a farmable chest that you could loot in the highest lvl zone which had greens/gold in it with a short respawn timer. Now this wasn't intended to be farmed, but they clearly put the chests there for you to go grab. However despite this, they actually BANNED players who started doing this, even though it is not technically an exploit in any way, shape or form.

So when I make my point a few posts back about different games having different policies, when you have played as many games as I have, you begin lose the meaning of what is right and what is wrong, since it changes with each game.

Anybody remember Guild Wars 2, where they banned players for buying an item from a vendor, crafting it into something and then vendoring it for more money?

Yeah, apparently anything that was not intended is now an exploit. So when we talk about Odhar chest farming, in the modern day mmorpg it pretty much is classed as an exploit.

Edited by Malthrus, 15 December 2013 - 17:49.

#35 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 17:44

I haven't abused any bugs at all. I'm busy running dungeons for everyone else helping them to get further,I don't have time to abuse bugs. And on that note I also get confirmations from HCS on anything I feel maybe a bug before reporting. And report all the bugs I find as soon as I find them. I could give a list higher then your amount of in game achievements full of bugs i've reported, can you say the same? so if you want you can feel free to turn this thread into a "what has Guthix abused" play out but it wont go very far.

Edited by HuMoR, 15 December 2013 - 17:45.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#36 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 17:56

I could give a list higher then your amount of in game achievements full of bugs i've reported

I would love to see that list, since that would mean you have submitted over 1,000 bug reports! I'm sure a staff member could confirm that what you say is true and you are totally not trying to inflate your ego more.

edit: hey look I just became a member rank on the forums. Watch out new members, now my opinion is more important than yours! (sarcasm)

Edited by Malthrus, 15 December 2013 - 17:59.

#37 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 18:04

I like how you try putting words into peoples mouths :) but I guess by your assumption neon and mongo would be more meaningful then even some HCS themselves. and Obviously the statement of more bug posts then your achievements was over exaggerated but at least you got the point that unlike you,I don't abuse bugs. Have a good day.

Edited by HuMoR, 15 December 2013 - 18:09.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#38 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 18:11

But that's the thing, I don't abuse bugs. I made a mistake with regards to farming and I already apologized. If you must know I did not end up making any sales so I did not profit from it.

But on the other end of the stick, you would love to assume that I am abusing bugs because I am very far ahead of you. (from putting a lot of hours into the game)

#39 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 18:15

I could care less of your current progress, I've been there a dozen times and done it all. If you must know,i'm glad i'm not lvl 40 yet,then i'd be stuck not able to do anything until the proper amount of people cap off for doing tr, I like to mix my game up,not be stuck doing only skills :)

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#40 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 18:22

i'm glad i'm not lvl 40 yet,then i'd be stuck not able to do anything until the proper amount of people cap off for doing tr

Didn't you tell me and Dan that you can duo TR? Let me find the quote...

will be a long time before those guys know how to run a tr trip.

if you two cant duo it there must be something wrong. --HuMoR

Now you're telling us we need a proper amount of people?

It seems like your posts are full of nothing but hot air as barely anything you write seems to hold true for very long.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: