25 replies to this topic

#21 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:56

thanks that was very helpful, any advice about gvg?

Sure, don't lose...lol Seriously though, there are a lot of workable gear setups but your offline setup is the most important. Doesn't do you any good to have the best gear in the game with all the best buffs and pots while you're hitting only to change into something worthless or be nekkid when the other guild returns fire. That just spells easy wins or draws for the other guild. Quality offline setups are important for the entire guild, not just the gvg team because you never know who will initiate or return fire against you. Other than that, just jump in, do it and have fun.

Screenshot everything!

#22 fs_icefira

fs_icefira
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2012 - 15:55

dont lose got it lol :P

#23 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 April 2014 - 00:38

Hope this is pinned in the section for help for newbs.  Solid, practical information.  Someone posted the link today in response to how you politely respond to a relatively new player who isn't secretly rich as Bill Gate and now wants to start a guild.  Since we don't have a *wake up & smell the coffee - slap you around* buff, this thread is a good alternative.

#24 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:56

Great post!!!

When I decided to start a guild, the first thing I did was compare the costs and benefits. As you said, it is very expensive to maintain a guild.

My guild helps me to level up and to try things by myself. For exampe, I can defeat many SE and Titan using mercenaries. Having two spare slots is helpful when I am running out of space in my backpack. I can create two structures to help increase some aspect of my character.

That is not much, but helps me a lot.

Of course, without other players and a huge investment I cannot take the full advantage. But my intention was not to create a guild in order to compete with other guilds.

Now, a new player invited by me to the game is using my guild to learn some aspects of the game. Soon, he will be able to join a real guild. And as soon as I fulfill my goal I will do the same.

Just want to share some thoughts about the guilds.

Edited by MSCruz, 29 April 2014 - 08:57.

dilbert-input.png?resize=538%2C241

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#25 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:45

Great post!!!

By the way, MSCruz, no disrespect to your guild - hope you realize I was referring to the type of situation where someone wants to build up a big guild with lots of members and doesn't have an idea of the costs and details this requires.  

A solo guild as you chose to do and now with a friend wasn't what I was referring to, as I understand your personal choice and it has fit your play style for the time being.   :) 

Though even for a solo guild, the information Yote provided is excellent regardless.

#26 Thoran

Thoran

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Badge
  • Spain

Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:06

I'm glad they made this thread a reference link in game, well done

https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif

[image]https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif[/image]