livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:27

Hi all,

I'd like to create this thread as something of a place where we can collect information about certain spells/skills that are broken/unused or too weak/too strong.

We will consider the suggestions, but we may of course disagree. Balancing is a tricky job after all and we have to be cautious with certain changes.

Maybe the best thing would be to list at most 3 talents/spells you think require changes and we can slowly but surely prioritize them.

Constructive feedback would be the best such as: "I never use fireball because it is too weak perhaps an extra 10% damage would mean I would use it more."

#2 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2013 - 13:39

Soul Fire (Assassin end talent)

Current stats: 5 minute cooldown

10% life steal

20% haste

Reset cooldowns

Lasts 20 seconds

The healing is really little to no-use, I don't think it should be able to keep you alive like a prophet would, but it should have an impact on what you're doing for the 20 seconds. Raising the healing to about 40% would not be "Over powered" but would mean the talent is something that can be used as a panic-button to help when having trouble.

The cooldowns of Soul fire (assassin), Frenzy (warrior) and Snowfall (Prophet) would be more appealing and useful if they were dropped to around a 2 minute cooldown (currently all 5 minute).

Boiling blood (Mage ability)

Current stats:

Applies boiling blood for 12 seconds

Boiling blood deals 10% spell dps every 1 sec

This ability is a 2 second cast and has no use whatsoever, as a mage using incinerate (basic,most used and most consistent damage for the class) you will out deal any damage done by this. 

Boiling blood is 'bleed damage' and can be raised to 10% or 20% more spell damage per tick with 1 or 2 points placed into it's talent but it doesn't seem worth it.

This is how the damage with output in some scenarios:

Boiling blood (Maxed out in talent tree, up from 10% to 30%)

Spell DPS - 1000

2 Sec channel time

Boiling blood hits for 30% for 12 seconds

300 damage per second for 12 seconds 

3600 damage over 12 seconds

(Serenity can be used to get rid of the effect)

Incinerate (No upgrades in talent tree)

Spell DPS - 1000

1 sec channel time

Incinerate hits for 160% spell dps

2 channels (the same time it takes to cast boiling blood)

340% spell dps (instant damage)

3400 damage Instantly

Considering the 2 talent points can be placed in much more useful areas fully upgrading boiling blood is not really worth it.

Boiling blood can be cured instantly with 'serenity' and has a cooldown of 6 seconds (unless serenity was changed so it didn't cure it).

To resolve the problem with this ability and make it a viable ability to take I propose the following change:

Cast time - instantly (or 1 second)

Cooldown - 10 seconds (an increase, but only if the cast time is changed)

Base damage 20% per second

Talent increase changes from 10/20% to 20/40%

Duration of bleed: 6 Seconds (The bleed is now still useful to take, but will deal more damage in a shorter amount of time)

Edited by Neon, 25 January 2014 - 17:08.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#3 Login Out

Login Out

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2013 - 20:43

I think that 1% more health and mana restoration Snowfall talent would be nice, in total 30% of restoration of mana and life in 10 seconds :P

#4 toraizthanh

toraizthanh

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:55

how many player in Eldevin game?? im a newbie . id send local chat , but it silent =)

#5 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:30

1. Wild Familiar (including upgrade talents)

Speaking from my current ranger build only, I know that I (and quite a few others) got rid of the familiar as it was much more beneficial to have points in other talents.

If you commit to the familiar now you are using too many points in there to make it worthwhile compared to other talents. I think the main issue is the cooldown time. I know you can reduce it, but if you find yourself in a hot area with lots of mobs around and your familiar dies in the first few seconds you are left without for 4-10 mins (depending on talents assigned to it).

Alternatively if you go the other route of different talents and not using familiar you can equip yourself much better to handle those situations.

2. Celestial Recall.

After testing this I never used and got rid of it. Would be nice to add a small bonus to this (haste/damage/armor) to give it some benefit when used. The only reason I can think of to use it now would be to try to escape something. But the time it takes to select and then select where to go if you are in a seriously bad situation it is probably too late.

Would be good to see it used as a potential offensive move too with a bit of a bonus.

3. Spectral Barrage.

A small block bonus in here would please me. As you stand there firing for 10secs. It is quite easy for something to come up and start hitting you. Nothing major, just a small chance to increase block.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#6 Login Out

Login Out

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:52

also would be good pets damage increased to 50% dps and not 25% as is currently, because with the damage now nobody uses because they are very weak  :(

#7 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:02

I think part of the issue with the pets is that both Rangers and Sorcerers are very high DPS. Which means 25% is actually quite a bit, it just seems very low compared to what you put out yourself. I've been using a tank build for a bit now, and I'm probably putting out about 50% of Ranger/Sorcerer DPS.

I already have DPS envy, don't have the pets doing more damage than me as well. :P

#8 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:10

current dps with no buffs 1180 :)

I certainly have armor/block envy though when I have to run like a girl if anything comes towards me, lol

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#9 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2013 - 16:50

Boiling Blood

Neon makes some good points already with how weak boiling blood is.  Another idea for ways to increase it's usefulness would be to add extra damage to a mob with boiling blood when hit with another fire based spell.  For instance, it deals it's normal damage per time element, but it could also add another 10-20% spell damage if you hit it with incinerate, engulf, ignite, etc.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#10 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 18:36

Before making specific suggestions, what is most important (to HCS)?

PvE balance, 1v1 PvP, or group PvP?  And the answer can't be all of them, 'perfect' balance in one area will inevitably lead to problems in other aspects.

#11 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 18:48

I will agree about Boiling Blood, it is relatively poor. As a Mage, you are looking for total DPS.  Rarely are you engaging only a single target, at least at higher levels.  Incinerate/Lightning are just loads better for dealing with groups of mobs, on top of the fact they deal more damage, faster, even when dealing with a single target.

I can't connect right now, and I don't recall the math, but I will also comment about Blizzard.  I tried Blizzard a while ago, and haven't considered it recently but it was difficult to target.  If you could cast it without using the targeting reticle (i.e. just cast it centered on your current target), it would be more beneficial.

#12 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 18:33

i'ld have to agree with people about boiling blood, atleast in pvp aspect. the cast time is way too long for it to be used. though if wanting it to be useful in pvp realy the only change it would need is its cast time reduced to instant or 0.5 seconds. even 1 second would be too long in pvp imo.

yes its dmg is lower than your other skills dps output but remember its total dps you're dealing that matters not individual skill damage. you're not going to JUST use boiling blood but going to cast it + your other skills so its like getting added damage. going by neons post it'ld be a total of 7k dmg over 12 seconds wich starts to look much better. 

That is if the cast time is reduced 2 seconds is a long time to sit in pvp casting so a low dps skill.

However in pve i think its fine yeah its not a lot of dmg but can be used to pull mobs so can 1 on 1 wich is literaly all i use it for.  solo betex caves, boiling blood an ogre, fight him alone intead of with the 2 bats.. 

And to close. reducing the cast time would make the skill useful in pvp and wouldnt realy change much in pve, in pve you have time to sit and cast a 2 second cast to pull the mob so only thing it would change is you wouldn't have to sit for 2 seconds  casting.

now a sugestion i'ld have would be the void portal minion, it should have an aoe skill it uses with a CD of 5 seconds (or less) and its threat generation should be slightly increased. as it is now its useless the minions damage is realy low and thats fine i assume its meant to try to tank mobs and help mage survivability but it cant hold threat at all even my splash damage from incenerate pulls agro off him. and with him only having single target attacks if i do pull multiple mobs he doesnt help pull the extra mobs off me to tank them buying me a little more time like i think he should. 

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#13 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 04 July 2013 - 21:38

Re: Boiling Blood

(Note: I am looking at this strictly from a PvE perspective..)

Out of habit, I tend to use Boiling Blood as the start of cast sequences when I get the drop on mobs (use case #1) , but it's really a poor dot overall.

Other than that special case, it has no place in normal-mob rotation - and arguably a waste of mana anyway as the mob is normally dead before the dot finishes.   The other potential use is maintaining it on a Boss during a long fight (use-case #2).

Neon's mods make sense in use-case #1 - short/instant cast, increased damage and/or shortened run-time, improved benefit to talent point assignments make it a natural for starting a rotation.

But what about use-case #2?  Having a cooldown greater than the duration of the spell is bad for this case.  Boss-fights can be distracting enough - noticing the dot has dropped off the boss AND that the cooldown is over while running around trying not to get killed is a bit much to deal with.

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#14 Majorian

Majorian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 19:17

I think prophet talent "Lasting Supplication" should be adjusted:

It prolonges "Rejuventate" by 2(4) seconds. But the "Rejuventation" heals every 3 seconds.

Would be nice to see it prolonged to 3(6) or even more. :)

#15 Shady

Shady

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 September 2013 - 17:09

right  the game need more skill balancing and change the timing of some spells if they are too long/too short

#16 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 13:43

* eclipse -> (shadow strike) -> lobotomize talent chain with 2 stuns in row (making 2nd one obsolete) - one should be changed to short time silence

* completly missing bleed effects on thrown attacks in A talent tree

* some ranger tree talents should be adjusted to cover thrown attacks as well, then nice A/R medium armor wearing characters could be created

* silence removable by serenity (not sure on this whether has been implemented, i have tested pvp in beta last time)

* more exact descriptions on talents and skills

style5,Majjer.png

#17 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 22:12

again from A in medium armor point of view:

if you would like to learn blood champion talent (=bloodbath critical restoring some hp) you have to spend one talent point completly ineffectively - in the 1st row of T tree there is only one talent which can be profitable and would fit the build - sweeping strikes - but only 2 talent points is possible to assign there. so to open 2nd lvl where the "blood champion" talent is, you have to waste one talent point.

style5,Majjer.png

#18 SHUTTLER

SHUTTLER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 January 2014 - 15:37

FROZEN SPIRE  & SOUL FIRE

since already the soul fire healing is very low , so to retrieve my health back i need to kill mobs in bulks(if i opt healing through soul fire)   else if i keep standing and using lobotomize rupture etccc...... then the amount healed is less than the damage i recieve .........so the soul fire healing on spires needs a  notice out there ........sorry if i said something wrong :)

#19 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 January 2014 - 17:03

FROZEN SPIRE  & SOUL FIRE

since already the soul fire healing is very low , so to retrieve my health back i need to kill mobs in bulks(if i opt healing through soul fire)   else if i keep standing and using lobotomize rupture etccc...... then the amount healed is less than the damage i recieve .........so the soul fire healing on spires needs a  notice out there ........sorry if i said something wrong :)

You want a spell that always heals you for more damage then you take?  No, we really don't need a 'god mode' in this game.

Be happy it already heals you when killing mobs in bulk, that already seems a bit OP.  Other classes don't even get that much.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#20 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2014 - 17:07

You want a spell that always heals you for more damage then you take?  No, we really don't need a 'god mode' in this game.

Be happy it already heals you when killing mobs in bulk, that already seems a bit OP.  Other classes don't even get that much.

Actually the only way an assassin can heal of mobs in bulk is using their one instant damage aoe ability, I forgot the name. But it requires bloodstacks to actually deal decent damage, has a medium timed cooldown and only attacks in a "cone".

Bleeds do not register with lifesteal, so all of the assassins abilities are basically useless when trying to utilize this talent.

I suggested it a while back but I'd like to see bleeds work with lifesteal (not life on hit). It would make much more sense....

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: