Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:08

I really think this should happen. With the Christmas event, everyone was in with a chance of completing the event achievements. Unfortunately this time the vast majority of those who can even try and complete the achievements are those who can afford the "buy" them.

This is not fair in my opinion, as achievements are a really big part of the game for some players and they will have no way of getting them. They can buy the items from other players, but that in itself is going to cost EP (or real money).

You got the Christmas Event spot on in this regard. Even if you make the boxes cost lots of treats, you would also prolong the longevity of the event because players would need to grind out treats = boxes. :)

Please note, I have no interest in achievements myself that is why I have still not done any except the ones I gained naturally through game play. This suggestion is for the benefit of everyone, not me.

(If they are available for treats and I have just not found them, then please disregard)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#2 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:37

Sorry mate but I can't support for reasons I stated in other thread.

http://forums.hunted...ue/#entry896844

Edited by Ant, 30 October 2014 - 08:48.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#3 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:43

Sorry mate but I can't support for reasons I stated in other thread.

I understand Ant. What about if they just changed the achievements instead? to make them not Pay to achieve?

Edited by Mongo, 30 October 2014 - 08:43.

#4 Simeonus

Simeonus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Poland

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:49

You're right Ant, but pay2achieve is no good too. We shouldn't be forced to buy boxes. By the way yesterday bought 10 boxes and not even single Achieve item(mount or pet) so how many EP I have to put for it >.> That's why it is not fair even for EP buyers.

#5 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:54

Removing the achievments altogether would still hurt but it would be alot better than now nerfing the boxes making the items common as muck.

There's also nothing stopping people that do the free eldevin points to buy 1 box and randomly get an amazing item which took me 10k-20k EP to get.

I do understand but it's pretty harsh on people who have sacrificed their EP on these chests.

Edited by Ant, 30 October 2014 - 08:59.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#6 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:04

i don't like the pay to achieve at all. 

there are kids that play this game that don't have access to the kind of ep needed for this...

the free rewards aren't goin to cut it

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#7 Simeonus

Simeonus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Poland

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:04

Items required for achievments should be obtainable by(for? lol) everyone. There are many mounts, pets and vanities left in chest that you can't get from Boss or Treats and they're nice so noone suffer.

Edited by Simeonus, 30 October 2014 - 09:07.

#8 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:07

Removing the achievments is the most plausible for me anyways, but these items will be back next year so who says these kids have to have them right now to gain these achievments?

Edited by Ant, 30 October 2014 - 09:12.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#9 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:14

Problem too is that the event will be done, over, completed in a couple of days by most players. Especially with the insta spawn boss. If they added boxes for treats from the start it would give players something to grind, for the full 3 weeks (or until they got what they were after from the boxes)

It would also encourage lots of trading and swapping of items which in itself could of been fun.

I understand you fully Ant, I really do. This should of been in from the start, we should not be having to ask for it. They done it the right way with the xmas boxes.

Could even make it 2k treats per box? That at least gives people a chance.

#10 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:21

Removing the achievments is the most plausible for me anyways, but these items will be back next year so who says these kids have to have them right now to gain these achievments?

i say remove the achievements 

so the kids are goin to have enough ep in a year right? lol who knows how many will be here next year 

i feel sorry that you had to spend so much ep and it would hurt if they changed it now... i've never even seen the amount of ep you spent and i've been here since day 1.. 

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#11 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:20

This game is changing from F2P to P2P rapidly :angry:

i don't mind donating RL money to the devs, but i strongly refuse to be coerced into parting with my hard earned cash :P

Edited by Kezza, 30 October 2014 - 10:22.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#12 Kinfa1987

Kinfa1987

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:33

Well look at it from different stance...

How to get all you wont without paying 

1. Grind gold
2. Trade gold for EP

3. Buy everything you wont

Hope to help :)

#13 Kinfa1987

Kinfa1987

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:36

AND - players dont get diference from Pay-to-Play and Free-to-Play

Pay-to-Play = Play monthly fee to be able to play and enter game servers ( Like ESO )

Free-to-Play = No need to pay to be able to play and enter game servers

#14 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:41

Well look at it from different stance...

How to get all you wont without paying 

1. Grind gold
2. Trade gold for EP

3. Buy everything you wont

Hope to help :)

Oh wow it is that easy to buy EP? great.

WTB 10,000 EP paying 25,0000 Gold.

Now watch how many EP I can buy.  :P

#15 Unlucker

Unlucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:50

Who cares about achievements anyway ? :P

Let the rich people have something extra, if they want to be so special :) It's nothing game-changing, it's just points.

It's good for the game and for us as well. Higher chances for the game to survive.

#16 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:51

Thanks for the feedback on this guys, we'll discuss this as a team and consider it.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#17 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:54

Its nice the devs to receive money but these boxes are not fair for those of us who cant afford it,from what i heard someone opened 200 boxes and got only 1 mount.

Fire,i like fire.

#18 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:06

repost from another thread

The loot boxes only contain reskins in most respects. You need to have an incentive for people to spend money on the game and buy the 20% ep bonus. This is the circle of life sometimes. People like ant buy the loot boxes open them and sell them on. The founders packs for example, would you of liked to find out founders packs back in the day got a change after release and could be grinded ??

What are in these boxes, junk in essence. Broomstick which is just a reskin of another broom stick and a few costumes. None are essential to play the game. I understand we all want everything to be free 100% of the time, but sometimes hcs need some route to make ep useful to buy some things. Depending on the items, my stance will change if it was giving paying players edges etc and every case will be different I am sure. Maybe they can re work the achievements to not include paying items........ but will the loot crate items sell then is the question, as they are so basic. I assume ant would not be a happy bunny.

But the ant dude and others who bought assuming these items were exclusive to paying etc, should get a refund, I 100% beleive, if they change them to game grinding. Only fair.  As stated every case will always need to looked at seperately at what comes up in the store. But maybe hcs really need money ???

• Ant likes this

#19 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:16

Oh wow it is that easy to buy EP? great.

WTB 10,000 EP paying 25,0000 Gold.

Now watch how many EP I can buy.  :P

Keep me updated on the progress Mongo ;)

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#20 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:29

Also the  2 mounts in gift chest doesnt make sence for me,you can get the  trouble pet (orange) for 2500 treats,buble(green)  from Argent wolf and toil (purple ) from spooky gift.But for mounts the purple one you can get from boss or buy with treats and the orange and green one you need spend a lot of ep to get it  if you want the achiev.Something is fishy.

Edited by scorp, 30 October 2014 - 11:30.

Fire,i like fire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)
Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: