Photo

Should HCS implement a third additional Guild XP ranking based on activity?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Poll: Active Guild XP ranking? (147 member(s) have cast votes)

Should HCS implement a third additional Guild XP ranking based on activity?

1. Yes (94 votes [63.95%])

Percentage of vote: 63.95%

2. No (36 votes [24.49%])

Percentage of vote: 24.49%

3. No opinion (17 votes [11.56%])

Percentage of vote: 11.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 16:01

Hey man i'm all for it i would love to see it implemented. It would encourage activity.

#82 Tegwean

Tegwean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 19:41

Fully agree might make guilds start getting rid of inactive players.

#83 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 22:19

Fully agree might make guilds start getting rid of inactive players.

I agree, though there is a reason there. Personally, I think it's misguided.

Pack mules were, in my opinion, an unintended and harmful consequence. That opinion though is only based on my experience.

To highlight... this change would NOT require anyone to get rid of their inactives.

Simply put, it would establish an additional ranking where having them would not be an advantage.

EDIT: corrected a grammar error.

Edited by Egami, 24 June 2016 - 23:22.

#84 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 18:36

Bump. *yawns*

#85 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 18:49

Bump. *yawns*

Doesn't look to hopeful :(. Alot of support and positiviety about it but HCS really isn't paying much attention to FS Development atm. All they would really do is say no or put it on the to do list which is overflowing atm. Don't think we will ever see it.

#86 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 00:08

Doesn't look to hopeful sad.png. Alot of support and positiviety about it but HCS really isn't paying much attention to FS Development atm. All they would really do is say no or put it on the to do list which is overflowing atm. Don't think we will ever see it.

Yeah, and to be completely honest, I tend to just say I'd be content with a "no" or a "we'll look at it".

I'm actually leaning a bit further towards a "no" at this point. Because then I could just leave it alone and take the link out of my bio, not ever spend FSP on it again, blah, blah, blah.

I def think it would have been more interesting prior to this double XP... but hey, there's always December.

I guess the lesson is to just start a bump campaign that complies with FS Forum rules.

I really don't feel like rolling that way though. Seems like it defeats the entire purpose.

In any case, thanks for commenting and keeping it live EP, for whatever it's worth.

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#87 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 July 2016 - 13:31

Hmm. Thought I'd commented on this. It IS noted on the potential update doc I have. Personally, this sounds good to me, so yeah. I have it on the update doc as I mentioned.

#88 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 18:33

Hmm. Thought I'd commented on this. It IS noted on the potential update doc I have. Personally, this sounds good to me, so yeah. I have it on the update doc as I mentioned.

Thank you BG, I saw you perusing it long time ago now, but we never got feedback.

It's okay... the "s" word happens. Thanks for tuning in.

Now I can cut down on the bumps, hehe. Hoping a development roadmap happens again at some point.

I know some are against it. But probably much better than dealing with my long diatribes to have it in one place, lol.

In any case, keep up the good work (o0

Edited by Egami, 05 July 2016 - 20:39.

#89 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2016 - 18:51

The proposal is:

In addition to the current Guild rankings listed by Actual Guild XP and Locked Guild XP, a third ranking based on activity would be added.

This so-called "Active Guild XP" ranking would exclude Guild members’ XP contribution for those players that are “inactive” (currently defined as 30 days without a log in).

Once an inactive account becomes active, the player’s XP contribution would return to the overall count in the Active Guild XP ranking. There would be no “penalty”.

I like this idea :)

I agree that it should be a separate top list for Guilds using this value, but actually I think it should be the default one that people see when they view top guilds, but the other 'overall' version should still be accessible.

#90 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 July 2016 - 22:12

I agree that it should be a separate top list for Guilds using this value, but actually I think it should be the default one that people see when they view top guilds, but the other 'overall' version should still be accessible.

Agreed. ANY top-rated listing default should be the one that most represents the current state of the game, not the historical. Have those too,  by all means, but current HAS to be default.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#91 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 19:00

Bump.

#92 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:41

i like this idea but i think auto refresh would ruin it and youre right about gxp doesnt say anything about activity

Actually, it kinda does. When a player is actiive in any way, whether they spend stam (leveling, pvp, titan hunting, etc), or not, (in the case of those that frequent the caves and arena, or just compose).... XP gain accumulates. The guild gets the same percentage of XP regardless of how the it is gotten. The only XP a guild doesn't benefit from is that earned from quests, which has never made sense to me. Also, XP lost by a player due to PvP or dying to a beastie is not lost by the guild. Many early hardcore pvpers actually had more guild xp than actual because of this.....

Edited by BadPenny, 05 October 2016 - 09:42.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: