524 replies to this topic

#21 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:54

So, to be clear, by taking away our abilities to place bounties on players that have attacked us you've basically just put no xp loss into pvp now. Or at minimum the ability for a guild to protect its members when they are attacked and instead attackers are posted at the discretion of the system. I find a problem with this for those guilds that can and will defend themselves from attackers. I can already see problems arising from someone being attacked numerous times with no bounty ever being placed on the attacker or someone attacking once and having a bounty on their head. There wasn't anything wrong with the old system of attack and punishment at all so why change this now?

The new pvp system looks interesting but what I'm not understanding with that is how dominance ticks would be applied to this new reworking.

#22 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:56

Thanks for the Answers Hoof :) One final question  will there be a limit on the number of buffs a player can have on for each "combat" round?

#23 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

It is standardizing the amount of stamina used in PvP. It will remove the same gold / XP as what would previously been a 100 stam hit.

PvP Prestige will only be gained as a reward in potion form from the PvP Seasons.

so people would be able to sell prestige potion or is it bound?

#24 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

So, now that all attacks will cost 50 stam, what would mean a Smash for Smasher Medal? Any hit will count towards the Smasher...I'm lost on this.

#25 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:58

so people would be able to sell prestige potion or is it bound?

It would be bound.

So, to be clear, by taking away our abilities to place bounties on players that have attacked us you've basically just put no xp loss into pvp now. Or at minimum the ability for a guild to protect its members when they are attacked and instead attackers are posted at the discretion of the system. I find a problem with this for those guilds that can and will defend themselves from attackers. I can already see problems arising from someone being attacked numerous times with no bounty ever being placed on the attacker or someone attacking once and having a bounty on their head. There wasn't anything wrong with the old system of attack and punishment at all so why change this now?

The new pvp system looks interesting but what I'm not understanding with that is how dominance ticks would be applied to this new reworking.

The bounty board in it's current state isn't very good I don't think. I think this will invigorate it and make it an interesting part of the game (same applies to the PvP Ladder!)

#26 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:59

It would be bound.

The bounty board in it's current state is pretty dead. I think this will invigorate it and make it an interesting part of the game (same applies to the PvP Ladder!)

Problem being is we're one of those guilds that can organize against guilds that attack us and now I feel we're being punished for that ability by it being taken away from us.

#27 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:01

Thanks for the Answers Hoof :) One final question  will there be a limit on the number of buffs a player can have on for each "combat" round?

It works the same as normal PvP, with the exception that the game will choose the opponent based on your current rank / rating within the PvP Season. This means that players active within the PvP Season will tend to be matched with other active players.

#28 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:05

Are ladder / rating hits now bountyable? Or do they stay un bountyable. I like the new season thing, tho 1-2 months seems a lil crazy. 1-2 weeks sounds reasonable.

Random bounties I'm not a fan of. Does this apply to counter bounties as well? Or: I get 100 stam cleared, I can't choose when I delevel the offenders? If so, I think that's a major blow to guilds/ players defending themselves.

I'll see how this goes, but as of now I'm a lil worried.

Cheers~

Edited by Maehdros, 17 June 2015 - 11:06.

#29 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:06

So, now that all attacks will cost 50 stam, what would mean a Smash for Smasher Medal? Any hit will count towards the Smasher...I'm lost on this.

The Smasher medal will applied to PvP Season and Bounty attacks but as the 100 stamina part will be no longer relevant it will be reworded to:

"Be victorious in 100 PvP combats. (Note only PvP Season and Bounty attacks count.)" etc.

This seems to be a better option that making it a Legacy medal and introducing a new one I think :)

#30 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:08

Are ladder / rating hits now bountyable? Or do they stay un bountyable. I like the new season thing, tho 1-2 months seems a lil crazy. 1-2 weeks sounds reasonable.

We'll play this by ear and see how it goes :)

The bounty system will work the same for all attacks and is based on the gold stolen. It should make the bounty board a much more interesting and active part of the game.

#31 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:09

Whatever it takes to make it easier to get my bounty medal... Activity is key...

Edited by EpicPiety, 17 June 2015 - 11:09.

#32 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:09

The Smasher medal will applied to PvP Season and Bounty attacks but as the 100 stamina part will be no longer relevant it will be reworded to:

"Be victorious in 100 PvP combats. (Note only PvP Season and Bounty attacks count.)" etc.

This seems to be a better option that making it a Legacy medal and introducing a new one I think :)

Since all pvp attacks are now 50 stamina would you then double the current smasher counts being as they were all 100 stam attacks...I don't think 10 stam attacks under the new system should be applied as smasher points either since the original ones had to be 100 stamina hits.

#33 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:11

Since all pvp attacks are now 50 stamina would you then double the current smasher counts being as they were all 100 stam attacks...I don't think 10 stam attacks under the new system should be applied as smasher points either since the original ones had to be 100 stamina hits.

There won't be any more 10 stam attacks as all PvP attacks will be standardized to use 50 stamina. We'll have a think on the medal points - I suspect it would be better to leave them at the current values however as they represent successful combats  :)

#34 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:16

There won't be any more 10 stam attacks as all PvP attacks will be standardized to use 50 stamina. We'll have a think on the medal points - I suspect it would be better to leave them at the current values however as they represent successful combats  :)

I can understand that, it's more towards those players at the top of the standings that clearly invested alot of stamina into getting where they have gotten to. Seems a bit of a slap to the face to let their effort not be rewarded as the new system is implemented...140k stamina is quite a bit of stamina invested to reach the top.

And do the 50 stam attacks also count on the boards as well or will there still be the option of 10 stam clears

#35 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:17

It won't add additional gold to the game as the gold used for the bounties will be part of the gold that is normally removed by the game during a PvP attack.

The game will post the bounties periodically, taking into consideration the amount of bounty gold that can be gained from them.

Players will no longer place bounties, it will be determined by the game.

so now more gold will be lost ?....or the gold will be spleat more for bounty and less for the player who did the att. ?

#36 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:17

Interesting, and better than I feared. Anyway... this thread is growing at lightening speed, so I'll post now (read up to post #27).

For unrated (normal) PvP attacks, it will work the same as before, although all PvP attacks will require 50 stamina.

Glad to see old system stays to some extent.

Hopefully will serve to stop Prestige manipulation.

(question was on level 200 vs. level 1500)

It is possible, however due to the way the rankings work it should auto-balance itself as people play.

Maybe I'm not following this correctly:

It seems that lower level players will end up excluded from the upper leagues?

I would warn against assuming that the system will balance itself out.

Rather I see it as blocking lower levels from advancing. 

I find a problem with this for those guilds that can and will defend themselves from attackers. I can already see problems arising from someone being attacked numerous times with no bounty ever being placed on the attacker or someone attacking once and having a bounty on their head. 

+1. I will definitely miss taking five and having the opportunity to defend against it.

#37 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:20

I can understand that, it's more towards those players at the top of the standings that clearly invested alot of stamina into getting where they have gotten to. Seems a bit of a slap to the face to let their effort not be rewarded as the new system is implemented...140k stamina is quite a bit of stamina invested to reach the top.

And do the 50 stam attacks also count on the boards as well or will there still be the option of 10 stam clears

i think is better to have all 100 stam hits on BB...equal for all, no more friends clearing...bounty board = lots XP lost for all

i think is better to have all 100 stam hits on BB...equal for all, no more friends clearing...bounty board = lots XP lost for all

#38 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:24

There is only the 50 stam option in the new system. It will cost the tickets to take on a bounty and if the attack is successful the bounty will be cleared, otherwise it will return to the board for another player to take on (or for you to try again at clearing it). I realise this a change from how it currently works, but it should make it a much more active and interesting part of the game.

#39 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:30

this whole idea seems biased towards and better for higher level players....also removing dominance medal?? i know several people who,eorked and are working super hard to improve this medal. personally i,think this will be the final straw for me. ill give it a shot. but as one LONG time pvp'r i dont see myself enjoying this. seems i would never stand a chance to reach top tiers. (not thst a cant spank higher levels...ive cleared or smashed most everyone in this game at some point)

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#40 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:31

RIP bb n pvp imho

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic