524 replies to this topic

#41 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:31

In rated combat, you will be given a random opponent based on your rank to fight.  You'll have the opportunity to buff yourself accordingly before fighting,

random from 1 to 2500?

"given a random opponent" notified via message log? or is this a separate screen like arena

how long between 'given an opponent' and 'fighting' - is this scheduled?

i'm assuming inactives are excluded

#42 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:31

There is only the 50 stam option in the new system. It will cost the tickets to take on a bounty and if the attack is successful the bounty will be cleared, otherwise it will return to the board for another player to take on (or for you to try again at clearing it). I realise this a change from how it currently works, but it should make it a much more active and interesting part of the game.

if i lose 1 att i  need to pay the bounty again?

#43 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:36

i see this going 2 ways...people trading hits for medals and higher lvls only choosing easy low level,targets....and lower levels hitting super low levels...

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#44 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:38

You'll have the opportunity to buff yourself accordingly before fighting, and you can skip opponents for a cost in gold; increasing every time an opponent is skipped.  

I'm curious as to the mechanics on this...

How long does a player have to buff themselves accordingly or skip? 

Are we aware when the other person is already in?

#45 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:39

There is only the 50 stam option in the new system. It will cost the tickets to take on a bounty and if the attack is successful the bounty will be cleared, otherwise it will return to the board for another player to take on (or for you to try again at clearing it). I realise this a change from how it currently works, but it should make it a much more active and interesting part of the game.

1 hit bounties? That completely kills the bounty medals now as well. So much for defending your guildmates against unwanted attacks or using the boards as punishment. It may be dead now in it's current state but at least it worked for deterring unwanted attacks and being able to actually punish those that chose to ignore that punishment. Hopefully alot of changes come to this new idea before it's implemented because how it seems to appear is certainly not what the original intent of it was.

#46 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:40

i see this going 2 ways...people trading hits for medals and higher lvls only choosing easy low level,targets....and lower levels hitting super low levels...

people cant trade hits necessarily but only targeting low level is going to cost you a lot...Dom also means you have more players in your target range since im level 1371 only 900 people above me compared to how many above someone in the lower range... the advantage to this is who has most gold and most stamina at a given period. But in the end i dont see anyone getting out alive... if you are really weak you are always going to get attacked so those guys will get screwed the most being easiest target

Edited by gilby90813, 17 June 2015 - 11:44.

#47 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:43

it wouldnt be hard for a someone to say "hey ill lose this time, you lose next"...still happens on ladders currently...happened with the original dominance medal and then more so,on ladders....this seems to destroy what we know as pvp n bb

#48 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:44

I really think the Smasher Medal should become Legacy, the new system will have NOTHING to do with the old Smasher System, smashing someone means that you have the guts to inflict the maximun effort to take that person XP, with the new system means just that you did a PvP Attack, so put Smasher Medal to the Legacy stage and create a new "PvP Attacks Medal".

And about the 'no-bracket system' I assume that's not really good for low level players, but since you'll not need to pay more bounty tickets, will not have PvP Ladder and will be able to hit everyone on the game, why stay at lower levels? Now rushing to EOC really makes a difference, just to have access to mroe gear/buffs.

#49 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:46

why should i,be forced to,rush yo,EOC to be able to participate in the ONLY aspect of the game i enjoy(d)?

#50 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:48

Never been a fan of 1 hit bounties, ruins the medal too in my opinion. This means there's no longer the risk of losing 5 on the board ( if I understand correctly) and also removes the ability to defend ones friends/ guildmates in pvp.

#51 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

why should i,be forced to,rush yo,EOC to be able to participate in the ONLY aspect of the game i enjoy(d)?

that not what he said... he just said you would have a better advantage due to gear.

#52 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Forced to rush to EOC? You're not forced to nothing.

You'll still be able to do normal hits, GvG and accept bounties (a lot more looks like), but for sure you'll no have the same advantage as EOC players to participate on the PvP Season thing.

#53 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:51

Would it be like arena we choose gear prior to pvp season, or can we switch it between battles or gear we just have?

#54 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:53

combat_shot1.png

looks like this is the new 'attack player' tab - does my opponent see my profile here? or do they get a random target also

#55 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:54

simpler solution...add more incentive to ladders, make all bb hits 50-100 stam, FIX GVG ALREADY....

Edited by DomCorvis, 17 June 2015 - 11:55.

#56 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:58

One question about the auto Bounty Board.

You said the game will post the bounties for it self, how exactly will that work?

- The game will post all players each xx:00 tick.
- At the end of the combat.
- Random time between 30~60 minutes (example).
- Fixed time, like 60 minutes after the attack.

A preffer to have the game posting it at the time the combat is finished, so the attacker (once in the BB, the defender) will be able to defend himself, if all bounties go up at the same time would be terrible for slow connection players.

#57 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:07

I really think the Smasher Medal should become Legacy, the new system will have NOTHING to do with the old Smasher System, smashing someone means that you have the guts to inflict the maximun effort to take that person XP, with the new system means just that you did a PvP Attack, so put Smasher Medal to the Legacy stage and create a new "PvP Attacks Medal".

I'll chat this over with Mojawk and Zorg :)

looks like this is the new 'attack player' tab - does my opponent see my profile here? or do they get a random target also

It shows the next opponent selected for you in the PvP Season (and has an option to skip them for gold).

One question about the auto Bounty Board.

You said the game will post the bounties for it self, how exactly will that work?

- The game will post all players each xx:00 tick.
- At the end of the combat.
- Random time between 30~60 minutes (example).
- Fixed time, like 60 minutes after the attack.

A preffer to have the game posting it at the time the combat is finished, so the attacker (once in the BB, the defender) will be able to defend himself, if all bounties go up at the same time would be terrible for slow connection players.

It will be a random time once the gold accumulated for the bounty is high enough :)

Would it be like arena we choose gear prior to pvp season, or can we switch it between battles or gear we just have?

You can switch you gear between each battle as normal.

#58 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:07

I'm curious as to the mechanics on this...

How long does a player have to buff themselves accordingly or skip? 

Are we aware when the other person is already in?

Normally, I would have edited original, but this seems to be moving too quickly.

My guess is that I misunderstood this as a PvP arena programming... I think I get the idea better now:

Player A decides to go for a smack. 

Player A receives a target.

Player A can suit and buff up as they see fit based on their target. 

Player A then hits costing Player A 50 stam.

If Player A is aware they won't win, they can choose to skip for X amount of gold.

Is that the essential idea?

#59 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:09

hoof...thoughts on level brackets? because as stated 98% of titan ranked players will be lvl 2k+ simply because they have huge advantages over lower levels....

Edited by DomCorvis, 17 June 2015 - 12:10.

#60 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:11

Normally, I would have edited original, but this seems to be moving too quickly.

My guess is that I misunderstood this as a PvP arena programming... I think I get the idea better now:

Player A decides to go for a smack. 
Player A receives a target.
Player A can suit and buff up as they see fit based on their target. 
Player A then hits costing Player A 50 stam.
If Player A is aware they won't win, they can choose to skip for X amount of gold.

Is that the essential idea?

why then,would anyone choose a battle they MIGHT lose....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: