#1 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 October 2019 - 16:21

I was trying to edit my buff packages today, just adding some casts to sell a few buffs....

I got this message, which I have never seen before:

6NBmR0l.png

Did anybody else know about this?  Is it new? Or was it always this way?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#2 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 18:30

I currently have 31 buff packages - some are singles, some multiples 

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 19:01

Hopefully SOHAIL is right and this is just a hiccup generated by app updates and Conix will fix it soon 

puppy_eyes_plz_by_puppywantplz-d36fpka.p

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2019 - 11:04

Hi there.

We increased the limit to 40. Everything needs a limit. This one was changed to be a touch low.

~ Grim

#5 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 15:24

Hi Grim,

Thanks for applying a Fix for this bug,myself and others understand that everything needs a limit however I think the nature of the issue/bug has been 'lost in translation' ?

A Buff Package is now determined by the size of the package and where as it used to be Multiple Buffs in a package, it now includes Single Buffs as a package. This means that the Fix has set a limit on Single Buff Sales/Casts as 40. In the Offensive Skill Tree we have 43 skills and in all three trees combined we have a total of 131 skills which always used to be available to sell as single casts in the Buff Market

As you can see,due to this limit of 40 being applied it means that Buff Sellers can NO LONGER sell more than 40 buffs as singles.

I have included screenshots to help explain the issue, hope this helps and it is rectified asap.

post-33655-0-43957600-1571066030_thumb.j Single Epic Craft skill has 80 remaining casts

post-33655-0-45593200-1571066133_thumb.j 'Package' Update page

post-33655-0-69848700-1571066184_thumb.j Increase to 250 casts with edit refused due to Issue/Bug

post-33655-0-73776900-1571066236_thumb.j 'Package' Update page reverts back to the 80 skills remaining

IF this element and option to the Buff Market is intentional, it is a major change to how it has always worked. Buff Sellers should not be restricted to only being able to sell 40 skills as singles, in my opinion anyway.

Attached Thumbnails

• EpicCraft80castsRemaining)ct2019.JPG
  • EpicCraftEditCastsPageOct2019.JPG
  • EpicCraftCastEditNotAllowedOct2019.JPG
  • EpicCraftEditCastsFailedOct2019.JPG

#6 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 15:26

ok, screenshots have doubled up there ^^^^^ and no option to remove as the duplicate screenies at bottom of page are invisible in Edit post! lol

Edited by DirtyChick, 14 October 2019 - 15:31.

#7 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 17:36

please get rid of this ridiculously low buff package limit.. as mentioned above we have 100+ buffs and the buff package limit should reflect that.. most buffs are sold as single buff packages

#8 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2019 - 20:26

no forewarning about these changes? Max casts have increased from 100 to 250 which is good but I see no good reason for implementing a limit unless you plan to introduce a new upgrade for buff market lisitings lol

What this will do is reduce choice for buyers and potentially increase prices since sellers will shift to multiple buffs packages rather than single buffs, makes it less convenient if you are only looking for one missing buff.

There is already a limit in place whereby you only see one package per seller per search - this counteracts the unimited listings making it impossible for one seller to fill up a searches with their buffs.

Edited by sohail94, 14 October 2019 - 20:45.

#9 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 23:08

Don't see a need for a limit on buff packages. 

#10 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 23:54

This is definitely not wonderful news.  I'm actually appalled.  I sell low price buffs so they are available to all.  Most are single buff packages, and the other day when I discovered this "limit" I actually deleted several low sales buffs.  I still had too many.  Although I do ultimately profit from this, that  is secondary, I do so because even the lowest level buff shopper can afford what I have.  So now, I have to do what, cut out single buff packages?  Drop my higher priced featured ones I occasionally offer?  I'm unable to decide.

FS has always been about the free market system.  I myself make a good income from selling my cheap buffs, and this change incurs not only on my own interest, but those of my customers.  I, myself, buy most if not all my buffs in 1 or 2 buff packages,  so this makes it bad for everybody, both seller and buyer.  What kind of free market system is that? 

What really irks me is that no advance warnings were given, and when I asked about this in Global, it appeared my question was pointedly ignored for the week-end.    

This among many things gives me cause for great concern for FS, which breaks my heart.  I love this game, but with recent bugs, sudden new changes, and the endless waiting for an app I was so happy to be getting, it's hard to know should I bail now or wait to see where the disappointment ends.   

Things are broken that have needed fixing for months, more and more happens to the game all the time, and the company line is always: 

All our resources are in the app right now.  We are working in the background.  

Don't we deserve a better response to that?  And if the games falls apart in the interim, what exactly will we be playing on the app?

My heart sinks that FS has suddenly devolved in favor of an app that depends on FS veterans to help steer new blood in the right direction.   How many more will wander off to other games, I wonder?

Edited by BadPenny, 14 October 2019 - 23:59.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#11 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 00:01

Well said BP, love ya. 

#12 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2019 - 00:50

i have every buff on the tree.

#13 Grumpy Grey

Grumpy Grey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 01:08

Frustration abounds with not only the lack of fixes for the things that are broken but also the lack of a time frame for them to be fixed
Most of us are adult players we know things don't always go to plan we are understanding if we are kept informed.

#14 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:13

I have to float my stick along Penny's.  I buy most of my buffs as singles as it's a rare package that has just the buffs I need in it.  Now, I can see the need of limits of some kind, but if there are 133 buffs available that would seem to be a more appropriate number to use.  

I can also realize that there is an awful lot of effort needed  on the app.  Back in the CP/M days, it fell to me to put a bunch of property maps on disks. it was painstaking work.  That said, it's not too hard to put out a sentence or two for the players information on the home page.

When the buff market came out some years ago, it was a huge time saving addition to the game that made it a lot more enjoyable for a lot of folks, both for buyers AND sellers.  It would be a shame to see it take a step backwards.

#15 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:19

Things are broken that have needed fixing for months, more and more happens to the game all the time, and the company line is always: 

All our resources are in the app right now.  We are working in the background.  

Don't we deserve a better response to that?  And if the games falls apart in the interim, what exactly will we be playing on the app?

LOVE your work Penny :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#16 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2019 - 09:55

Hi there.

Not entirely sure what has changed in the backend regarding the buff market. Rest assured, I'll look into it.

~ Grim

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:59

Hi there.

Hoofmaster is on holiday at the moment so I've asked Kore to raise the limit to 100. This has now been done. Will ask Hoofmaster why that was changed on his return.

~ Grim

#18 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 October 2019 - 13:22

Hi there.

Hoofmaster is on holiday at the moment so I've asked Kore to raise the limit to 100. This has now been done. Will ask Hoofmaster why that was changed on his return.

~ Grim

even at 100 i will still not be able to change prices.

You have already created the maximum limit of 40 buff packages

and its still set at 40

Edited by winemaker, 16 October 2019 - 13:26.

#19 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2019 - 13:43

Thanks BG, I have 81 packs and can now edit them again. 

INFORMATION Buff Package updated!

Edited by sohail94, 16 October 2019 - 13:44.

#20 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 October 2019 - 14:03

even at 100 i will still not be able to change prices.

and its still set at 40

100 is an acceptable max limit. And it IS set to 100. Not 40.

~ Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: