Photo

Game Update v1.2 : The Last Stand

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
230 replies to this topic

#1 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:24

Game Update v1.2 Patch Notes

eldevin_tut_720.jpg

Hey all,

Game Update 1.2 is now live, note all player accounts have their Valor Exp increased to match the new Valor Exp gains and all account have been granted a free character slot. (if under the cap of 16). Additionally all characters have also had their respec cooldown reset. Full patch notes follow below!

General

• Added new mouse cursor for interactive objects and links
  • All Loading Screens will now display at a higher resolution.
  • Added a do not disturb chat command "/dnd", while in this mode you do not receive group invites or whispers and you are removed from /who /where /inspect.
  • Disabled opengl debug by default for increased performance for players using the Hardware Engine.
  • Drag to destroy is now the default for new accounts.
  • Founder and Achievement pets, emotes and mounts now all give to every character on the account. (Call your pets or use your mounts and emotes first, then log into your other characters to add it to them.)
  • Increase compatibility with a number of Operating Systems and Hardware configurations and improved the reliability of Full Screen mode switching.
  • Improved quest reward handling for players attempting to claim ready rewards around the daily reset time.
  • New /fps chat command to display the fps and ping in the client. (pings every 5 seconds)
  • Screenshots now start with the year first so they can be sorted by name more easily.
  • The camera angle when first logging in is now set to a more familar 3rd person RPG position.
  • The chat message max length is increased to 150.
  • The client now tries to remember the last server you logged into.
  • The server select screen now has a ping column.

Content

• The Void Tutorial has been removed.
  • New Tutorial : Eldevin City - The Last Stand is now live.
  • Added in tips for new tutorial, old tips staying around in the help section.
  • A new elite, the 'Hulking Cave Troll' will now appear periodically throughout the world.
  • Added Shadowcaster's Crypt Story-mode.
  • Added a new Mount to the Prestige Vendor in Eldevin City : Flaming Wings
  • Daily skill quests no longer require you to drag/split items when handing in the items.
  • Prestige Award bags now grant a larger amount of prestige.
  • Quest in the Building a Reputation book now reward the reputation tokens as well as a choice of prestige or gold.

Abilities

• Arcane Wrath talent will now correctly update DPS on the character sheet.
  • Adrenaline Rush is now immune to CC while moving towards the target.
  • Unstoppable now additionally increases the stun of Adrenaline Rush by 1.5 seconds.
  • Reap has had its base melee dps increased by an additional 30%.
  • Moment of Glory has had its health threshold increased to 30%.
  • Frenzy now gives an additional 10% strike chance.
  • Flame Rush is now immune to CC while moving towards the target.
  • Flame Rush now generates aggro within a 2 yard radius of its target when the player arrives.
  • Impale has had its base damage increased by an additional 10%.
  • Bathe in Blood now reduces durability loss to shields as well as armor.
  • Flame Buffet stun is now 2/3/4 seconds.
  • Flamelash has had its stun removed.
  • Flamelash now adds 5/10% spell damage to Incinerate and Dragons Breath.
  • Chilling has had its snare removed.
  • Chilling Now increases the damage of Blizzard by 25%/50% Spell DPS (up from 20%/40%).
  • Life Breather no longer reduces the cooldown of Resurrection.
  • Life Breather now reduces the channel-time of Resurrection by 4s/8s.

PvP

• All Valor Rewards have been significantly increased.
    • 200 Valor Experience per medal in PvP Battlegrounds.
    • 5 Valor Points per medal in PvP Battlegrounds.
    • 50 Valor Points for "Surviving the Wilds" and the Trappers Atoll daily quests.
    • 250 Valor Points for the "A Worthy Contender" weekly quest.
  • All accounts will have their current Valor Experience boosted to match the new experience gain values.

Bugs

• Ensured validation checks players captured in trigger on entering instances.
  • Fixed a bug with Lighting and Fog not always working correctly together.
  • Imps that get 1 shot while flying shouldn't bug out to a standing animation anymore.
  • Learned quest popup no longer shows if you had already completed that quest
  • Perfection achievement should no longer award on lower tier gems.
  • Resurrect spell will no longer trigger the cooldown if it is interrupted.
  • Resolved an issue where Wrath of the Beastmen was always showing in the questlog, even to players who had yet to pick up the quest.
  • Resolved an issue where Viridian in Temple of the Three would not lose his invincibility when he reset.
  • Resolved an issue with friends not showing online when they reconnect.
  • Resolved an issue on stage 1 of "A Study in Blood" where another player advancing the quest could both advance the quest and get the quest items for other players on that stage.
  • Resolved an issue where Mandreke's Supplies for the quest My Supplies may become unobtainable.
  • Resolved an issue where Priest Orlan wouldn't offer the "Repairing the Wards" and "Forcibly Put to Rest" quests.
  • Resolved an issue where a quest with more than 5 rewards would not allow you to pick the 5th reward.
  • Some tooltips that had multiple lines of text now render their borders correctly.
  • Resolved an issue that would cause animation issues when drinking a draft or elixir while mounted.
  • Resolved an issue where the arcane council teleporters could make you invisible when you interrupted the teleport.
  • The software version of downloadable client should no longer pop the window back up again before properly closing.
  • Resolved an issue where the bag positions were incorrect when you changed character.
  • Resolved an issue where the item tracking would stop if the daily reset

~The Eldevin Team

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#2 xrxr1

xrxr1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:35

I like that res doesnt go on CD when interupted - thanks for listening.

Ranger - levels  -Alchemy 49 . Foraging 49 . Skinning 49 . Leatherworking 49 . Cooking 49 .  Forestry 49 . Cooking 49. Prospecting 49 .  Weaponsmithing 49 .  Farming 49. Fishing 49 . Crystal Cutting 49. Jewelry 49. Tailoring 49.   Armor smithing 49.

Done all the hard yards  - Crafted and Gathered everything myself in Beta version and currently as well..

#3 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:56

I'm glad to see:

• Added a do not disturb chat command "/dnd", while in this mode you do not receive group invites or whispers and you are removed from /who /where /inspect.

alot of minor fixes that will help improve gameplay, thanks.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#4 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:58

This update looks like its going to be pretty awesome, cant wait  :D   B)

#5 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:59

thank god

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#6 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 13:16

kind of silly question but if we used /dnd and then later want to undo it so we can recieve whispers and group again how do we do that?

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#7 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2014 - 13:16

All characters will have their current Valor Experience boosted to match the new experience gain values.

not sure i understand this, are you on about valor xp or valor points? if it's valor xp it's on account not character, and valor points are character.

#8 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2014 - 13:23

kind of silly question but if we used /dnd and then later want to undo it so we can receive whispers and group again how do we do that?

It simply toggles, sorry if that wasn't clear. It also warns you if you whisper other players that they cannot respond while in this mode.

#9 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 13:24

Lots of great little fixes, can't wait :)

This one though is a killer for new players

• Drag to destroy is now the default for new accounts.

If the drag and drop worked like on ANY OTHER system and didn't suddenly ping things back to where you were dragging them from while you are crafting and may other 'features' it might not be so bad.

I haven't used this destroy thing but have heard people mention that they lost things by not completing a drag and stuff just disappearing on the floor  :wacko:

How many nobs will be asking "where has all my armour gone to. i was just dragging it from my invent to my character window"

A better feature would be to 'Drag to the world' and instead of being destroyed you get a little pile on the floor like in TA. That way you could benevolently leave surplus mats in the crafting areas and also have a chance to get your 'destroyed' things back in case something went wrong (which it certainly will)

#10 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 13:24

It simply toggles, sorry if that wasn't clear. It also warns you if you whisper other players that they cannot respond while in this mode.

ahh ok thanks :)

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#11 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2014 - 13:27

All characters will have their current Valor Experience boosted to match the new experience gain values.

not sure i understand this, are you on about valor xp or valor points? if it's valor xp it's on account not character, and valor points are character.

This is referring to Valor experience which, as you correctly mention, is per account. Sorry for the confusion!

#12 Simeonus

Simeonus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 13:31

Lovely update ;)

#13 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 13:33

• Daily skill quests no longer require you to drag/split items when handing in the items.

Hallay-bloody-loolyaa

That will halve the time for dailies :D

#14 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2014 - 13:36

If the drag and drop worked like on ANY OTHER system and didn't suddenly ping things back to where you were dragging them from while you are crafting and may other 'features' it might not be so bad.

I haven't used this destroy thing but have heard people mention that they lost things by not completing a drag and stuff just disappearing on the floor  :wacko:

I haven't personally seen any reports where items get destroyed easily because of this option. Usually the people who accidentally destroy items are right clicking to destroy. If someone has experienced this, please PM me and I can personally have a look into it.

You seem to have not actually tried the system, because when you drag it in the world it brings up a message box similar to other games that I've played and should be less error prone. Of course it's still an option for people that don't like it, but it seems sane as a default.

Hallay-bloody-loolyaa

That will halve the time for dailies :D

Let me know if there's any issues, if there's no bugs we will roll it out over all the quests. Just wanted to gradually bring it in so it gets some decent testing.

#15 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 13:39

You seem to have not actually tried the system, because when you drag it in the world it brings up a message box

You are right, i shouldn't comment on thing i haven't tried. But when i heard that you can lose things with that option on i didn't want to go anywhere near it. Maybe they were just bullshitting me.

Sorry if i'm in a grumpy mood today, i spent most of yesterday questing  ;)

Edited by ZeusIV, 08 October 2014 - 13:41.

#16 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 13:45

Life Breather now reduces the channel-time of Resurrection by 4s/8s

God damn it,now i need to think from where to remove 2 talents points.Guess deliverance is not that important,right?
Fire,i like fire.

#17 Luke Hardy

Luke Hardy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 14:03

Excellent update!

• Post Beta player for over 2 years - those were the days.
  • Back casually after over a year away.

Misfit - Proph/Mage - DPS PvE DNG Build

#18 penmen22

penmen22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 14:17

Is there a way for a player to try the tutorial again without having to make another account? I kind of want to see this.

#19 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2014 - 14:18

Please add some filers for dnd so friends on my friendlist can whisper me 

#20 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2014 - 14:18

I was thinking is there anyway you can make a /dnd option so that you can still chat to those on friendlist but blocking those who aren't?

Sometimes it's still nice to chat to friends and 2 options would be nice.

edit:Haha Wiivja great minds think alike :P

Edited by Ant, 08 October 2014 - 14:19.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: