102 replies to this topic

#21 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:49

Random monthly and weekly events always good to keep the game active .. http://forums.hunted...om-event-ideas/

#22 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 13:06

What worried me a bit is this merge thing of FS with other games into 1 master account change. Bit of more work than simply log in FS merely with the FS Username PW and Home Page they use to know of. Possibly putting some of them off…

I know I am going to get hammered on this, maybe from the cows and the other EOCers.  I am going to type it anyways.

Starting STAMINA GAIN  needs upped  +15 or so an hour.   The average player says with so many free games that they can play all day,  not wait half a day or more for stamina to build. Why play FS plain and simple?   New players it will take a few years for most even if +15 was implemented  to get any where close to EOC.  This would up the amount of online players and might just make it more tempting to play.

I wonder why the number15 was picked, less than that maybe more chance to get accepted...

#23 F03Ca1n

F03Ca1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 13:37

I know I am going to get hammered on this, maybe from the cows and the other EOCers.  I am going to type it anyways.

Starting STAMINA GAIN  needs upped  +15 or so an hour.   The average player says with so many free games that they can play all day,  not wait half a day or more for stamina to build. Why play FS plain and simple?   New players it will take a few years for most even if +15 was implemented  to get any where close to EOC.  This would up the amount of online players and might just make it more tempting to play.

i would love it! Gets to play the game more often...

BUT *sigh*

http://forums.hunted...idea-read-here/

*sticky for a reason*

#24 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 22:55

i would love it! Gets to play the game more often...

BUT *sigh*

http://forums.hunted...idea-read-here/

*sticky for a reason*

Nothing is ever written in stone in FS mate. Things happen, circumstances change, what was once a no,no can suddenly become a yes, yes . So do not *sigh* as I tell no *lie*.

Cheers.

wil72.

Edited by wil72, 29 July 2014 - 23:03.

#25 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 23:09

Nothing is ever written in stone in FS mate. Things happen, circumstances change, what was once a no,no can suddenly become a yes, yes . So do not *sigh* as I tell no *lie*.

Very true! Look at PvP Protection.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#26 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 23:13

Very true! Look at PvP Protection.

One of many mate.

Cheers.

wil72

#27 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 July 2014 - 23:41

Starting STAMINA GAIN  needs upped  +15 or so an hour.   The average player says with so many free games that they can play all day,  not wait half a day or more for stamina to build. Why play FS plain and simple?   New players it will take a few years for most even if +15 was implemented  to get any where close to EOC.  This would up the amount of online players and might just make it more tempting to play.

I wonder why the number15 was picked, less than that maybe more chance to get accepted...

i wouldn't have to wait a month and a week to start hunting if stamina gain was up'd bit more. others wait longer.

like the Mess massage idea. i have thought of this myself but was never motivated enough to say anything or just lazy. :D

adding a special code to gain something for returning players would be nice too.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#28 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 23:44

15 actually was kind of a random number.  I am only speculating if   HCS really wants to potentially generate a larger income from FS then all they have to do is look at how the company ZYNGA has progressed or lack there of. They tried the same method, wait an hour for  basically stamina to regenerate. A good portion of there games are now dead because of this. People want to play when they want to level, titan hunt, PVP,   not wait day or weeks.  So they move on to other game that they can. it's that simple.

What I'm trying to say there is that there are already plenty of options for you to pay to upgrade your stamina gain wink.png
Ok so what other like me? I currently get 135 an hour with relic. I still wait 16 days for it to refill. Let me guess buy the stamina?

#29 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 July 2014 - 23:55

Ok so what other like me? I currently get 135 an hour with relic. I still wait 16 days for it to refill. Let me guess buy the stamina?

The comment you replied to there was more for BadPenny's statement who, according to her post, has around 60 / hr regen. There are other options for her to increase that.

As for you (I'm on 129/hr fwiw) and others - think about the ramifications of wanting faster and faster regen for stamina ..

What does that achieve ? - for the most part, it increases the cows work load exponentially. Faster stam refills means faster demands for new content and new other bits and pieces ... and content isn't, shall we say, blisteringly fast as it is.

If the cows could pump out 25 levels / week of content, then sure, increase the maximum stamina regen, but let's let them get ahead of the curve - AND STAY THERE - before we want more and more from them ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#30 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 July 2014 - 23:56

I am one of those that moves on to other games when there is nothing to do on FS, which is usually much of the time...  I have noticed in my 7 years here that only FS hassuch slow stam gain... Other games that use stam make it so that one can play every day, rather than every few days or weeks... This is what I would like to see at FS... Please, Hoofie, I know you said this would never happen, but FS needs this, I think, in order to grow like it should be doing...

Just my 2 Pennys

Edited by BadPenny, 29 July 2014 - 23:57.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#31 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 00:09

Have been speaking with old guildies a lot in past few days and why they moved on from FS, Simply they found better games or started Families.

The way the game plays has substantially been changed over the years for all players and only rarely for the good of the game.

People have genuine dislike for support here and the lack of it they receive.

#32 Dradin

Dradin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:40

Hello Fellow Fallen Sword Players.

This topic and venue has been near and dear to me as well.  The game has steadily been on a decline for players for quite some time. Those of us who have been around for several years remeber the "good times".  When you could log on and see several thousand players online.  There was so much activity it was awesome. And as gamers we fell in Love with the Game it self.  I know I have made good "Online" Friends here. And enjoy playing the game in all aspects of content. 

But in order to revive the game or increase the player base we need to step back and look at what caused the shift in player egress??  What was it about the old style of the game that the liked changed to some thing they no longer liked?

What can we do to improve the game for all users. If we figure this out then we will have what works best for the game, for us and new players, as well as returning players.

I have heard ton's of great idea's and thought's for improvements. Yet it seems if it is for the better of the game from the players view or aspect...  it seems to float on by with little attention from the Devlopers.  I will even say that i have seen certain topics or post deleted. As if it was offensive to ask or speak our mind sometimes.  This has driven some players away.

A forum is for open and honest feed back. Some time this means we all have to face reality that there are things we would like to see to improve the game.

I would like to see some changes and will list them. They are not all inclusive or world changing. But they are idea's that could be looked at, debated, tweaked, improved upon. And they are not rude by my suggesting them.

1)  The game was designed on each point being based on a market value of 50,000 gold.  If you look at the market it averages from 185,000 to 220,000 per point. This increase has devalued the point, yet the cost for upgrades are based upon a point based system. Thus it is harder for players to upgrade their character now versus when the game first came out.  ( yes i know a point is like 20 cents in real currency. But there is a player base that enjoys playing with out spending Money or large amounts of money.)

2) I agree there can or should be more ways to have stam gain increases per hour.   Maybe even have a reward in the pvp arena that rewards say reserve stam.  Like 50 extra stam, 100 extra stam.  This could even be awarded for gvg battles, titan hunting, found in chest. Or even a daily chance reward.  This works well in other games i have played.  It increases each day a player logs in for a larger reward at the end of the 7 day period.

3) Game life with out the FS Helper really is a negatve for me.  Maybe I got spoiled to all of the extra things it did to make game life easier. But it worked, and now it does not!!!  Why take away something that worked until you can replace it or improve on it.  ( I feel this effect with affect some player base, and will reduce even more players #'s)

4) I feel there should not be a restriction in GVG battles when a player is hitting higher than their own level. This might allow more gvg activity and help revive GVG.  I have spent hours seeking target guilds to find battles to be a few levels off on target ranges.  Yet there are tons  of guilds with players in Epic gear that could be hit easily by lower level players. I understand the need to protect lower level players, but this could be a win for all GVG players.

5) I believe the game could be revamped to speed up the servers.  Move dead guilds, and players who have went inactive for more than 100 days to a holding server. If they log in then they can be pulled to the active server.

6) what would it really hurt if there was a way that small guilds could merge into one larger guild. With the Old Founders having ownership rights to their old guilds gear. New gear goes to the Main guilds Founder/ or even to the founder who tags the gear. This will help with improving the quality of the game for small guilds. or new players who join these guilds thinking all guilds are equal.  ( and yes some new players think that)

7) Bring the Helper online as part of the game structure, then ban all other scripts. Level the field of play so that we all have the same challenges and in game experiences.

Thanks, hope My thoughts do not rock the boat.  :) B)

#33 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:02

The comment you replied to there was more for BadPenny's statement who, according to her post, has around 60 / hr regen. There are other options for her to increase that.

As for you (I'm on 129/hr fwiw) and others - think about the ramifications of wanting faster and faster regen for stamina ..

What does that achieve ? - for the most part, it increases the cows work load exponentially. Faster stam refills means faster demands for new content and new other bits and pieces ... and content isn't, shall we say, blisteringly fast as it is.

If the cows could pump out 25 levels / week of content, then sure, increase the maximum stamina regen, but let's let them get ahead of the curve - AND STAY THERE - before we want more and more from them ?

With all due respect, and I mean that precisely, your posts are repetitive and cater only to your segment of the population. With regard to drawing players back into the game....are you telling me from your perch, that allowing players to play more than ONCE A WEEK (such is the case with myself at about 16k stam and 101/hour) IS A BAD THING??!?!?  How on Earth, or any planet for that matter, can you actually justify the items you are writing about. This game needs bodies, not idyllic scenarios.  Sometimes we don't like the things that happen, but are done for the greater good, ask a Vulcan.

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#34 F03Ca1n

F03Ca1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:16

well i was just back to FS recently so i dont know much of the "NO" changes becoming "YES"

If HCS wants more profit they could increase limit of stam gain , or even better implement a tier system. For every 500 level gained multiple 0.5 of the base stam gain ( Does not include guild/epics/upgrades/Epic quest ).

Thus at level 500 with base stam gain = 50. 

Eg. 50 x 0.5 = 25

So after reaching level 500 a player would have 75 base stam gain per hour.

at the current EOC level 2000 a player would have 150 stam gain per hour.

With guild/upgrade/epic quest/starter pack, a level 500 player would have 121 stam gain/hr

And a EOC player would have 196 stam gain/hr

This would hopefully help motivate players to level and reach higher content, which could also potentially boost PvP activity.

Although i highly doubt it will happen...

Another scenario could be again a tier system based on stam gain upgrades.

At level 500( Tier 1 ) , with 25/25 staim gain upgrade. A bonus 5 stam gain would be awarded.

So with 25/25 stam gain upgrade at level 500 would mean that you get 30 stam gain from the upgrade instead.

Meaning a max of 119 stam gain/hr for a level 500 player with Base(+50), Guild(+15/hr), FSP upgrade(+30/hr), Epic quest(+6/hr) and finally Wearing Epics of +2( +18/hr).

IF EOC player wears epics +2. They will get 134/hr.

Little increase in stam gain but overall reduce stam recharging time, Reward Customer for Spending and Playing the game, Still keeping it close and competitive.

Edited by F03Ca1n, 30 July 2014 - 04:21.

#35 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:30

With all due respect, and I mean that precisely, your posts are repetitive and cater only to your segment of the population. With regard to drawing players back into the game....are you telling me from your perch, that allowing players to play more than ONCE A WEEK (such is the case with myself at about 16k stam and 101/hour) IS A BAD THING??!?!?  How on Earth, or any planet for that matter, can you actually justify the items you are writing about. This game needs bodies, not idyllic scenarios.  Sometimes we don't like the things that happen, but are done for the greater good, ask a Vulcan.

DP

I said earlier that increasing stamina gain / hr is fine, IF THE COWS CAN PUMP OUT CONTENT MUCH FASTER.

Now lemme run this scenario by you - one that you seem to want.

Let's increase stam gain by, let's say, hypothetically, 25 / hr.

Let's also assume player A has 20,000 stamina.

If their stam gain is currently 100, it'll take them 200 hrs to regenerate fully - 8 days and 8 hrs

Bump them up to 125 and it'll take 160 hrs - so almost 2 days less - 6 days and 16 hrs

Over 100 days with 100 regen, the player can hunt 12 times

Over 100 days, with 125 regen, the player can hunt 15  times

So, increasing stamina gain by 25 / hr in the above example means that, in total, a player can hunt 3 times extra / 100 days -  54 times / yr as opposed to 43 times / yr.

With boosted regen, we just end up with ALL players accelerating through existing content faster and faster, putting more and more pressure on the cows to provide more and more content of whatever form.

Now, you could argue that the extra stamina gain be limited to lower level players to "fast-track" them through the earlier parts of the game. In theory, that's a fine idea. But where do you have the "cut-off" ?

Level 500 ? - Level 1000 ? - If the extra regen stays, then we're back to the comment above about cows needing to bring out content faster and faster.

And if that "extra" regen IS capped, then how do you manage it ? - do you remove it at the "cut-off" point ? - I'm sure players who've paid for it (assuming that's how it would be implemented) would love to see it be removed once they reached that mystical level. Even were the extra regen FREE until that level, you'd still get players crying that they'd lost it by going 1 level beyond the cut-off.

I'm ALL in favour of keeping "bums on seats" in the game - but I don't think this is the way forward for it. Maybe increasing starting players to, say, 5K stamina (with all other players getting the increment too, of course) would be more use. At least then they'd be able to play for longer than with 1k stam - and, if you hunt without doubler at low levels, 1k can last quite an amount of time ?

Edited by Pardoux, 30 July 2014 - 05:08.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#36 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:31

well i was just back to FS recently so i dont know much of the "NO" changes becoming "YES"

If HCS wants more profit they could increase limit of stam gain , or even better implement a tier system. For every 500 level gained multiple 0.5 of the base stam gain ( Does not include guild/epics/upgrades/Epic quest ).

Thus at level 500 with base stam gain = 50. 

Eg. 50 x 0.5 = 25

So after reaching level 500 a player would have 75 base stam gain per hour.

at the current EOC level 2000 a player would have 150 stam gain per hour.

With guild/upgrade/epic quest/starter pack, a level 500 player would have 121 stam gain/hr

And a EOC player would have 196 stam gain/hr

This would hopefully help motivate players to level and reach higher content, which could also potentially boost PvP activity.

Although i highly doubt it will happen...

Another scenario could be again a tier system based on stam gain upgrades.

At level 500( Tier 1 ) , with 25/25 staim gain upgrade. A bonus 5 stam gain would be awarded.

So with 25/25 stam gain upgrade at level 500 would mean that you get 30 stam gain from the upgrade instead.

Meaning a max of 119 stam gain/hr for a level 500 player with Base(+50), Guild(+15/hr), FSP upgrade(+30/hr), Epic quest(+6/hr) and finally Wearing Epics of +2( +18/hr).

IF EOC player wears epics +2. They will get 134/hr.

Little increase in stam gain but overall reduce stam recharging time, Reward Customer for Spending and Playing the game, Still keeping it close and competitive.

What you're proposing here is the exact OPPOSITE of what other players are wanting :)

They're wanting lower level players to be able to gain levels faster - all your suggestion would accomplish is widening the gap even further between starting players and EOC players..

#37 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:45

People have genuine dislike for support here and the lack of it they receive.

Utter nonsense. Support bends over backwards to help people. Generally, the ones who feel they don't get help from Support are the troublemakers who do not see why rules should apply to them.

A huge amount of feedback we get from players is that they actually love just how much we do for them through Support.

#38 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:43

I said earlier that increasing stamina gain / hr is fine, IF THE COWS CAN PUMP OUT CONTENT MUCH FASTER.

Now lemme run this scenario by you - one that you seem to want.

Let's increase stam gain by, let's say, hypothetically, 25 / hr.

Let's also assume player A has 20,000 stamina.

If their stam gain is currently 100, it'll take them 200 hrs to regenerate fully - 8 days and 8 hrs

Bump them up to 125 and it'll take 160 hrs - so almost 2 days less - 6 days and 16 hrs

Over 100 days with 100 regen, the player can hunt 12 times

Over 100 days, with 125 regen, the player can hunt 15  times

So, increasing stamina gain by 25 / hr in the above example means that, in total, a player can hunt 3 times extra / 100 days -  54 times / yr as opposed to 43 times / yr.

With boosted regen, we just end up with ALL players accelerating through existing content faster and faster, putting more and more pressure on the cows to provide more and more content of whatever form.

Now, you could argue that the extra stamina gain be limited to lower level players to "fast-track" them through the earlier parts of the game. In theory, that's a fine idea. But where do you have the "cut-off" ?

Level 500 ? - Level 1000 ? - If the extra regen stays, then we're back to the comment above about cows needing to bring out content faster and faster.

Have you read this definition of insanity:

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result - Albert Einstein

So why do you insult me sir, by assuming that I level and level and level and level and race to the end of content, again and again and again, only to have additional content added so I might do this again?

DP

Edited: some of the extraneous quotation eliminated

Edited by DeadParrot, 30 July 2014 - 15:24.

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#39 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:49

Utter nonsense. Support bends over backwards to help people. Generally, the ones who feel they don't get help from Support are the troublemakers who do not see why rules should apply to them.

A huge amount of feedback we get from players is that they actually love just how much we do for them through Support.

I will personally testify that i have actually called the cows regarding things and have not only been treated GREAT and my needs met and taken care of, BUT also some nice little conversations to boot!!  (even taught me how to send something thru a support ticket!! with patience and kindness)

Edited by lapdragon, 30 July 2014 - 12:51.

#40 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 30 July 2014 - 13:25

Hello Fellow Fallen Sword Players.

This topic and venue has been near and dear to me as well.  The game has steadily been on a decline for players for quite some time. Those of us who have been around for several years remeber the "good times".  When you could log on and see several thousand players online.  There was so much activity it was awesome. And as gamers we fell in Love with the Game it self.  I know I have made good "Online" Friends here. And enjoy playing the game in all aspects of content. 

But in order to revive the game or increase the player base we need to step back and look at what caused the shift in player egress??  What was it about the old style of the game that the liked changed to some thing they no longer liked?

What can we do to improve the game for all users. If we figure this out then we will have what works best for the game, for us and new players, as well as returning players.

I have heard ton's of great idea's and thought's for improvements. Yet it seems if it is for the better of the game from the players view or aspect...  it seems to float on by with little attention from the Devlopers.  I will even say that i have seen certain topics or post deleted. As if it was offensive to ask or speak our mind sometimes.  This has driven some players away.

A forum is for open and honest feed back. Some time this means we all have to face reality that there are things we would like to see to improve the game.

I would like to see some changes and will list them. They are not all inclusive or world changing. But they are idea's that could be looked at, debated, tweaked, improved upon. And they are not rude by my suggesting them.

1)  The game was designed on each point being based on a market value of 50,000 gold.  If you look at the market it averages from 185,000 to 220,000 per point. This increase has devalued the point, yet the cost for upgrades are based upon a point based system. Thus it is harder for players to upgrade their character now versus when the game first came out.  ( yes i know a point is like 20 cents in real currency. But there is a player base that enjoys playing with out spending Money or large amounts of money.)

2) I agree there can or should be more ways to have stam gain increases per hour.   Maybe even have a reward in the pvp arena that rewards say reserve stam.  Like 50 extra stam, 100 extra stam.  This could even be awarded for gvg battles, titan hunting, found in chest. Or even a daily chance reward.  This works well in other games i have played.  It increases each day a player logs in for a larger reward at the end of the 7 day period.

3) Game life with out the FS Helper really is a negatve for me.  Maybe I got spoiled to all of the extra things it did to make game life easier. But it worked, and now it does not!!!  Why take away something that worked until you can replace it or improve on it.  ( I feel this effect with affect some player base, and will reduce even more players #'s)

4) I feel there should not be a restriction in GVG battles when a player is hitting higher than their own level. This might allow more gvg activity and help revive GVG.  I have spent hours seeking target guilds to find battles to be a few levels off on target ranges.  Yet there are tons  of guilds with players in Epic gear that could be hit easily by lower level players. I understand the need to protect lower level players, but this could be a win for all GVG players.

5) I believe the game could be revamped to speed up the servers.  Move dead guilds, and players who have went inactive for more than 100 days to a holding server. If they log in then they can be pulled to the active server.

6) what would it really hurt if there was a way that small guilds could merge into one larger guild. With the Old Founders having ownership rights to their old guilds gear. New gear goes to the Main guilds Founder/ or even to the founder who tags the gear. This will help with improving the quality of the game for small guilds. or new players who join these guilds thinking all guilds are equal.  ( and yes some new players think that)

7) Bring the Helper online as part of the game structure, then ban all other scripts. Level the field of play so that we all have the same challenges and in game experiences.

Thanks, hope My thoughts do not rock the boat.  :) B)

Edited by kimbo, 30 July 2014 - 13:26.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: