Photo

Do these ranger hybrid builds seem ok?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Frostfall

Frostfall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:55

Hi everybody,

I didn't play this game for that much time yet so I'm sorry if my questions and builds are noob.

The game is pretty fun so far though and has much nostalgia. :)

First build:

After checking the forums for a while and different builds,I notice that this game lacks a reliable summoner class like necromancer or a druid (which would be fun for me) so I thought I might try making a druid build using ranger which would rely on the wolf,dealing a bit of ranged damage while slightly healing both yourself and the wolf or allies.

Here it is:

http://talenttheory....k1m1p1s1t3x1y3/

I think for stats I'd go for like 3-4 sorcery out of 10 and rest in ranged but I'm inexperienced in this game so I don't know how will that work out in practice.

I am not sure if I should use a staff for extra sorcery or dual knives for extra ranged damage as melee weapon with that build either.

My thoughts is that wolf+heals can be a good tool for soloing and wolf might be used to co-tank..This way you can also do a little bit of heals,a little bit of tanking with wolf in case the tank dies or loses aggro for a second etc and moderate damage which ofc would be lower than a normal ranger but may be it would stay in an acceptable range.

It would depend on % of max hp heals and heals per sec using rejuvenate,redemption,benediction to enhance its heals a little bit as well as having a continuous surge of mana.

Then again my thoughts are more likely not to be accurate since I don't have that much experience in the game yet.

Second build:

This one seems far harder to use and I find the first build to be relatively more appealing,imo.

The second build is an ranger assassin hybrid which relies on quickly stacking vicious poison talent of assassin with melee attacks to enhance all of its damage output and then quickly getting back to safe ranged spot using both swift stride and celestial recall to go back and forth..

It also makes use of dodge talents of assassin which should increase its survival a bit as a ranger.

Here it is:

http://talenttheory....v3B1F1I1K1N2V1/

Note:I didn't try any of these yet,they're just a theory on paper so I have no idea if they'll be a success or fail.

Please,let me know if these builds can be viable and if not,it would be appreciated if you can tweak them and make them viable (if possible) specially the first build..

I'd really like to use some sort of a summoner class in this game that would actually rely a bit more on the summon.

Also,1 more noob question:is hand to hand combat have a viable build in this game?

I saw an achievement about killing alot of mobs with hand to hand and got curious if that type of combat was viable in this game.

Thanks in advance for your suggestion and advice.

#2 FuusRoDah

FuusRoDah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:30

So a couple of things. In this game, there isnt an intended summoner class. With that said, the two summons in the game (wolf and elemental) are not meant to do tons of damage. The damage of the summons increases with the respective damage type increasing (ranged/magic.)

However, there is one person I have seen running around with a such build. His name is panchop, and he doesn't play this game much anymore, but his build was very good. Because of his high magic damage, and his prophmage build, his elemental summon did tons of damage while he either healed it or himself.

I would suggest such a build if you are quite geared up in the end game and are bored enough to be inclined to do so. Otherwise, I would steer clear of summons for the end game. They are useful for taking some of the heat while leveling, especially if you level solo.

EDIT: Hand to hand combat is not viable. All the "Kill 10k mobs..." achievements are generally done on animals with 1 hp

Edited by FuusRoDah, 24 June 2017 - 02:33.

#3 Frostfall

Frostfall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:39

So a couple of things. In this game, there isnt an intended summoner class. With that said, the two summons in the game (wolf and elemental) are not meant to do tons of damage. The damage of the summons increases with the respective damage type increasing (ranged/magic.)

However, there is one person I have seen running around with a such build. His name is panchop, and he doesn't play this game much anymore, but his build was very good. Because of his high magic damage, and his prophmage build, his elemental summon did tons of damage while he either healed it or himself.

I would suggest such a build if you are quite geared up in the end game and are bored enough to be inclined to do so. Otherwise, I would steer clear of summons for the end game. They are useful for taking some of the heat while leveling, especially if you level solo.

EDIT: Hand to hand combat is not viable. All the "Kill 10k mobs..." achievements are generally done on animals with 1 hp

Ok,thank you.

#4 111111111111111111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 20:24

My mage build good too?  :o

http://alivat.com/el...91442150335062#

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt