4 replies to this topic

#1 BalianRW

BalianRW

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:32

I've been looking around for a long time now trying to figure out how to change my e-mail.  So far nothing.  I guess I'm missing something obvious, but I can't find it.  Can someone help me please?

Thanks.

#2 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:49

Hey there.

If you have validated your account, you cannot change it. Contact Support and provide as much information as you can to prove the account is yours (i.e. not compromised) and we can change it for you.

~ Grim

#3 BalianRW

BalianRW

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 22:47

What information do you need.  Neither my account nor my e-mail address have been compromised.

My problem is that for the last couple of year I have not been receiving forum notifications when replays are made to topics/threads I have subscribed to.  You all have tried everything you can think of on your side, so I thought I would try a couple of different temporary e-mail address (a different one from my current provide, and one from a different provider) to see if that can help shed some light on the problem.  Eventually I probably want to switch back to my primary.

If I understand you correctly if for any reason I want to change my e-mail from say my primary to my work or to my backup/secondary, I have to jump through a bunch of hoops?  I have never run into a situation like this even with sites that interface with my financial institution.  Aren't we going a little overboard with security for an online game?  What is the rational behind the extra hoops?

Thanks.

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:48

Hey.

The info we will ask for in the ticket :

To ensure the account is yours, please confirm the following information : 

1. The email address attached to the account.
2. Your Date of Birth.
3. Any Transaction details from donations to the game.
4. An up to date piece of ID with your name and address on it.

You would need to do this every time you want to change an email, yes. This security is in place so that you will not have someone try to access your account, change the email and make off with every game account on the HCS account. We have to ensure you are who you say you are, ensuring no one else gains the account. So no, it is not going overboard.

~ Grim

#5 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:48

Is there a way of making the game send me an E-mail so I can try and track down which account it is? I've never really thought of this but I have about eleventy twelve gajillion E-mail addresses and I really can't remember what the last one I assigned to FS was...

I'd need that information to change it to one I deem more permanent, right?

I agree with Balian though, seem's like an AWFUL lot of hoop jumping just to change E-mail addresses on a game, a GAME lol

You'd think access to nuke codes or something were at stake...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: