Photo

Homestones

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 April 2013 - 23:34

Well now that we have several weeks to twiddle our thumbs, I have a question. I have noticed several screen shots posted that showed multiple Homestones. Try as I might, I could never locate more than just the stone for Eldevin City. If someone could enlighten me as to what I missed. It would be appreciated.

#2 Loaf

Loaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 May 2013 - 00:05

It seems like an exploit to me, because when I try to obtain additional homestones they tell me I already have one.

I think the trick is you talk to the other homestone NPC's around the world before finishing the Eldevin City tour (or whatever the quest is that gives you the original stone).

If you have a spare minute, please rate Eldevin at mmorpg.com

#3 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 May 2013 - 00:09

I only have the one as well, but it is my understanding that if you went to Mythos and/or Nadiros, you could "replace" your Homestone prior to completing the quest in the City.  I believe this is a bug that will be fixed.

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#4 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:08

Pretty sure you used to be able to put it in your bank then go and get another one.

Not sure if this is fixed or even if it is correct as I never did it myself.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#5 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:14

you could complete the quest and still do this

you took your eldevin home stone to other locations that have home stone portals. there's 4 in total (that were available so far to us)  you set it to the new location, walked/dragoned back to eldevin, put the reset stone in your bank. went to see the guide in eldevin in the square with the teleport location, told him you lost your stone, he gives you a new one for eldevin city.  then you go to another home stone location, set that one, rinse and repeat until you had one for each of the other 3 locations and for eldevin. as long as you didn't have one in  your inventory, you'd get reissued one. it didn't check against your stash for the presence of a stone. 

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#6 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:48

yeah same as Zukira says but you don't even have to put the homestone in the bank before you tell them you have lost you homestone. say you have been to mythos and changed the homestone to there, when you go back too eldevin because you have the mythos homestone it classes you as not have the eldevinhomestone. so just say you lost it and there you go. then do the same with the other towns.

#7 jcmick84

jcmick84

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 19:47

i dont think this should be 'fixed' i did it after the quest and thought it wise that the main city of the universe wants to make sure he's got a roshaven homestone but give this nyukka another eldevin one!

s4ma6a.png

#8 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 May 2013 - 23:46

Having multiple homestones defeats the purpose of using dragons to sink gold.

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#9 jcmick84

jcmick84

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 23:49

nah when you use the homestone they ALL get the 1 hour cooldown

s4ma6a.png

#10 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 May 2013 - 00:42

true, and there are more locations than just the 4 that you can stone, for the dragons to go to.  Even having 4, and even knowing the 'trick' to reset the cooldown, most of the time I walked or rode a dragon. 

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#11 jcmick84

jcmick84

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 00:48

true, and there are more locations than just the 4 that you can stone, for the dragons to go to.  Even having 4, and even knowing the 'trick' to reset the cooldown, most of the time I walked or rode a dragon. 

dang you tease me

s4ma6a.png

#12 Palindine

Palindine

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:47

Both the trick for getting multiple stones, and the trick for resetting the cooldown have both been fixed.

The NPCs now recognize having the stones in the bank, and since its been fixed... your now forced to having 1 stone :(

#13 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:59

Yeah I noticed the cooldown logout/login was fixed when I intentionally used my stone and planned to go straight out and use it again.

= stuck

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#14 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:20

Yeah I noticed the cooldown logout/login was fixed when I intentionally used my stone and planned to go straight out and use it again.

= stuck

Exploit aside, I've had a few times where the one hour cooldown was an inconvenience.  I wonder if 1/2 hour might be a better option?

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: