Photo

stop overcasting of buffs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

Poll: should over casting of a buff be stopped so stamina isnt wasted (113 member(s) have cast votes)

should over casting of a buff be stopped so stamina isnt wasted

1. yes (226 votes [92.24%])

Percentage of vote: 92.24%

2. no (19 votes [7.76%])

Percentage of vote: 7.76%

Vote

#1 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:40

i only do this as hoofmaster suggested to
most of us know we couldnt cast a buff if the same one of a higher lvl was already active .......and some will now notice u can which means u waste stamina ......hoof stats this isnt a glitch so they changed it to do this i propose it gets changed back for several reasons

1 if a guild member asks in chat for buffs b4 members didnt waste there stam as they couldnt over cast now if a dozen all go to buff a fellow member thats there hard earned stam wasted

2 buff traders dont have time to check what buffs are active on someone so complaints will arise from multi buffing by different traders

#2 fs_phool

fs_phool
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:46

Yes, please put this back the way it used to be!

It is extremely annoying buffing over the top of someone who has already been buffed. They don't want to pay you and you don't want to charge so you end up feeling ripped off...

#3 fs_rubicksman

fs_rubicksman
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:40

BUMP!

I was going to make this same post but something told me to check if it already existed.

Please change it back the way it was. If somebody really wants their buff time reset, or a higher level buff than what they have, they can turn it off themselves from their profile page and then get the higher level buff.

#4 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:43

don't like this thing, is waste of stamina if several players buff someone by mystake

#5 fs_mrozo

fs_mrozo
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:43

Agreed :!:

#6 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:14

I knew I wasn't crazy when I activated Librarian twice on myself. I almost made a ticket lol.

#7 fs_onemember

fs_onemember
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:26

Yes, please put this back the way it used to be!

It is extremely annoying buffing over the top of someone who has already been buffed. They don't want to pay you and you don't want to charge so you end up feeling ripped off...

^ this ^

#8 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 14:16

the ones who said no would be interested in knowing way as there nothing negative on this as far as i can see

#9 fs_coyotik

fs_coyotik
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 14:17

I think the way it should work is don't allow over-casting with weaker buffs, but that's it. Wasting stamina comes from not communicating properly. In our guild, we have a rule that when somebody asks for a buff, you respond in chat (i.e. on the way, will send) and that way, others know not to cast themselves... if they do, they're wasting their stam...).

When my buff is running out (bloodthirst for example), I simply say "need bloodthirst" with 5 minutes to go and I don't have to WAIT for the buff to arrive. What if the buff-owner just went to the loo?

I say leave it as it is - those who want to avoid wasting stamina should DO something for it :)

#10 fs_sos96340

fs_sos96340
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 16:46

i like the old one =)

#11 fs_coyotik

fs_coyotik
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 16:51

if sumtin isnt broke..dont fix it..

Yeah, yet another competitive advantage for those who care, communicate and are not lazy... and others want to take this away from us...

#12 fs_rubicksman

fs_rubicksman
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 17:15

if sumtin isnt broke..dont fix it..

Yeah, yet another competitive advantage for those who care, communicate and are not lazy... and others want to take this away from us...

I'm sorry, I don't see how the change is a competitive advantage for anybody. All it does is waste time and stamina for everybody. The waste in stamina is obvious. I'll explain the waste in time here:
Under the old system:
Somebody asks for a buff in guild chat. You right-click on their name and select "Activate skills", check the appropriate boxes, and click "Activate" and you are done. It only takes a few seconds and you aren't wasting stamina if the player was already buffed.

Under the new system:
Somebody asks for a buff in guild chat. Then you have to reply in guild chat that you will buff them. Then you have to check the chat to see if somebody else was typing the same buff reply at the same time. Then you have to check the profile and make sure somebody else didn't buff them first anyway, then you have to go back to their link and buff them. This wastes a lot of time and you will still miss now and then.

How often do people ask for buffs and get buffed through the guild chat? Hundreds or even thousands of times a day. How often does a player want to get buffed with a higher level buff than what somebody gave them? Or how often is a buff about to expire and you want it reset? Not very often. So on those rare occasions when you really want a higher level buff, or the time reset, it is better that this player turn off the buff in their profile and wait a couple minutes to get buffed again, rather than waste the time and stamina of everybody else.

#13 fs_supmet

fs_supmet
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 17:16

The skill Adept Learner of higher level is currently active on this player. This needs to expire or be removed before this lower level version can be activated.

Did they fix it?

#14 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 17:26

nope

#15 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 18:23

I'm not saying anythings broke, if HCS--hoof--or anyone else who can alter the code, so that if we accidently double click on the same buff, so that we don't waste stam...

It's not the fact that we're lazy, it's when you press the activation button, then accidently click it again without meaning to, I have done the same. And not just to guild members but to myself, I once clicked on the same buff twice.

Therefore, if it can be altered then please do. :roll:

#16 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 19:55

can be altered as they altered it so this is happening b4 the update u couldnt cast a buff that was already active if urs wasnt higher or the same i know as when ppl would have a lvl 135 buff my 150 buffs wouldnt cast as tech i only had lvl 125 buffs fury shrine took care of the other 25....... it needs to go back ppl are so busy they dont have time to double check if others are buffing u used to just buff if someone got to them before you oh well ur stam wasnt wasted been used on someone else now its a mess

#17 fs_rockerion

fs_rockerion
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 20:13

I want it back,I want it back,and I want it now! 8)

#18 fs_maverick9x

fs_maverick9x
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 20:18

Why waste time saying you are going to buff someone on the chat page, if you can just buff them and dont have to worry about wasting stamina. It should go back to the old way for sure. Then people will not buff on top of another buff.

#19 Vulcan

Vulcan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2008 - 20:21

Why was it changed?
Why wasn't it mentioned in the update news (Or did I miss it)
What is the purpose (other than to pi** people off)?
Its no improvement in gameplay so switch it back pls.
Can I have some reserve stamina for the ones that I've wasted?

#20 fs_ryan1cf

fs_ryan1cf
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 20:22

What happened to voting or asking when it comes to changes like this?

Was this ever discussed before making such a change to the game?

Change this back, this is going to cause more grief than it's worth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: